Ricky Stuart coaching

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by T_R »

Im saying that the Broncos are a very astute organisation with creative ways of managing aspects of their financial dealings.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: May 22, 2018, 9:58 pm Im saying that the Broncos are a very astute organisation with creative ways of managing aspects of their financial dealings.

Also the NRL seems totally cool with 200k in cash going missing because it turned up again a few weeks later.

#NothingSuss
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Broncos would sign him as their Marquee coach so he counted only 50% of the salary to the cap. Plus he’d get his full salary matched again from the NRL just to make sure he didn’t leave the game to go coach Union...
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

T_R wrote: May 22, 2018, 9:58 pm Im saying that the Broncos are a very astute organisation with creative ways of managing aspects of their financial dealings.

T_R you mean there will be an offer to Bellamy of a co-pilots sponsorship with Billy Slater selling Banana's to Queenslanders??
Maybe selling second hand speed boats formerly possessed by Storm players.

Whether he stays at the Storm or goes back to Brisbane, if he decides to continue coaching I think he will know he is putting his legacy to the test. There was a stat out recently that when Smith doesn't play the Storm only win 33% of matches. I think there is no doubt that players become better under Bellamy. But I think the development of players the caliber of Smith are extremely rare for any coach. Even Bellamy.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I'd be absolutely on the phone to Wayne asap.
Mate come back, think of the Fairytale. You left us in the lurch in '88, the prodigal son returns to finish his career where it started.
What a karma filled way to finish your career full circle.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Absolutely **** spot on
The broncos will figure it out to make sure Bellamy is looked after.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Pigman wrote: May 23, 2018, 9:36 am

Absolutely **** spot on
The broncos will figure it out to make sure Bellamy is looked after.
How creative do you need to be in the NRL though. I'm pretty sure the Broncos CEO could hand Bellamy a fat brown envelope with Todd Greenburg in the room and no questions would be asked :lol:
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

gangrenous wrote: May 22, 2018, 10:12 pm Broncos would sign him as their Marquee coach so he counted only 50% of the salary to the cap. Plus he’d get his full salary matched again from the NRL just to make sure he didn’t leave the game to go coach Union...
Coach Union :lol: You cannot be serious. The parlous state of Union these days means that the only way he would do that would be to prove he can coach that code and then take up a big position overseas, probably for less money than he could get in NRL. Considering he wants to move to Brissy to be closer to family, I don't see that being realistic.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Yeah, I don't think union would be knocking down the door for Bellamy. It's not like being a winger where the skills are transferable - when was the last time Bellamy had to deal with a contested scrum or contest at the tackle?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I don't think people appreciate gangrenous Sarcasm enough..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:I don't think people appreciate gangrenous Sarcasm enough..
I've always valued it

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dubbying all over the place

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

What's Alan Jones up to?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

reptar wrote: May 23, 2018, 1:16 pm What's Alan Jones up to?
EDIT
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
I've always valued it

I feel he is perfect for twitter.

I need to recruit him to my circles.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Beejay wrote: May 23, 2018, 8:48 am I'd be absolutely on the phone to Wayne asap.
Mate come back, think of the Fairytale. You left us in the lurch in '88, the prodigal son returns to finish his career where it started.
You know it's a father/son package deal right ?

Do you want Darius Bennett in Canberra ?

I didn't think so....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

-PJ- wrote:
Beejay wrote: May 23, 2018, 8:48 am I'd be absolutely on the phone to Wayne asap.
You know it's a father/son package deal right ?

Do you want Darius Bennett in Canberra ?

I didn't think so....
Yes, I would have Darius in the team
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I can't wait for our new Captain Darius Bennett to be paid 1 million a year to fade out a career.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

sprintman wrote:
EDIT
Probably
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

reptar wrote: May 23, 2018, 3:40 pm
sprintman wrote:
EDIT
Probably
Were cannons being fired?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Sack Ricky

Post by gangrenous »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:
I've always valued it

Hmmm... I did not expect my post to lead to some of the responses... But I enjoyed the surprise!

I love that my Sarcasm is worthy of capitalisation. A lot of people think you can just rock up and deliver Sarcasm, but it’s a lot of hard work behind the scenes. Some people will say “gangers, that’s an obvious autocorrect” - to those people I say “sorry chaps, you still don’t get Sarcasm”.

I’ve never had a Twitter account. I suspect if I did it would end my marriage and my job. Which I would lose first could be interesting.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:
I've always valued it

To pot George Columbaris repeatedly?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Cannons being fired and Alan Jones is probably not as analogy you'd want to explore too far.
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

Anyone else hearing that if Bellamy goes to the Broncs we are getting Bennett? We are one of 2 clubs
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Man, if Bennett coached the Raiders I’d be one conflicted self-loathing little Raiders fan
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

MS_1302 wrote: May 23, 2018, 10:18 pm Anyone else hearing that if Bellamy goes to the Broncs we are getting Bennett? We are one of 2 clubs
Yes
I’m hearing it in my head as I finish
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

i dont think old man bennetts arthritis would like the canberra cold
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

wouldn't think Ricky would work with Bennett and we'd be a million to 1 shot of actually moving Stuart on, won't happen imo.
Only chance would be if Stuart was retiring from coaching
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

I'd say Ricky would move into a GM role, like Gus - if Bennett was to be considered
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I'm trying to work out what our Jack Bird at halfback and Sam Thaiday at hooker equivalent would be...

BJ at halfback with Charlie Gibb in the 9??
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Schifty wrote:I'm trying to work out what our Jack Bird at halfback and Sam Thaiday at hooker equivalent would be...

bj kicking to the corners and never running whilst winning pie eating comps?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Do Bennett and Ricky get along? I have no idea.

Could do Bennett in a Gus Gould type role but not as a Head Coach thanks
In Ricky We Trust
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

How would Stuart be remotely qualified for that role?

And can you imagine the dynamic between those two egos?

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Schifty wrote: May 24, 2018, 8:42 am I'm trying to work out what our Jack Bird at halfback and Sam Thaiday at hooker equivalent would be...

Well Croker has previously (and seriously) been suggested as a halfback option on this forum, and Bateman has actually played hooker. I'd say Toots and Bateman are our Bird and Thaiday.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Apparently Bellamys offer is 1.6m a year and the Broncos are willing to pay Bennett out next year. Meaning 2.6m (almost 50% of the football department cap) will be spent on head coaches next year. They will breach the cap but they then have 3 years to bring it back down over that period to the cap level or they just pay a fine of 37% of the breach. Good for us as if we sack Ricky early at least we can do the same.

No idea where the fine goes either, but it does seem kind of a useless cap when the biggest club can just ignore it and pay a fine after 3 years.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why-mo ... 4zh3g.html