Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Botman »

We can
And we should

The last two weeks prove one thing:
The previous 20 weeks were totally and completely unacceptable and avoidable with better attitude and coaching

Talent on the park is not the problem with this team
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

We LOOOVVVVEEEEEE the leader!!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Pigman wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:17 pm We can
And we should

The previous 20 weeks were totally and completely unacceptable and avoidable with better attitude and coaching

Pig..its tongue in cheek mate..

Look at Penrith for example..they were coming 5th and sacked the coach. Since then they haven't won a game. Let me have my fun. Ricky is a genius and WILL NEVER BE SACKED..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

The Panthers and the Raiders have similar cultural problems and it isn't a coincidence that the two guys in charge the the respective clubs are widely regarded as two of the biggest blow hards involved in the game.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

HE'LL NEVER BE SACKED...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

-PJ- wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:26 pm
And we should

Look at Penrith for example..they were coming 5th and sacked the coach. Since then they haven't won a game. Let me have my fun. Ricky is a genius and WILL NEVER BE SACKED..
I know full well youre being sarcastic mate
I just don’t care
I’m not here for anything about than this **** needs to resign
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Pigman wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:37 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:26 pm
And we should

I know full well youre being sarcastic mate
I just don’t care
I’m not here for anything about than this **** needs to resign
Yep..but hey, how's dem Raiders goin ?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:13 pm We can't sack Ricky today.
Happy to wait till tomorrow
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:45 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 25, 2018, 5:13 pm We can't sack Ricky today.
Happy to wait till tomorrow
If we beat NZ next week we miss the finals by..not much. And the post season review can blame the refs..
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

Talking about refs

Funny how we get the 50 50 calls when the season is over
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Grün Maschine wrote:Talking about refs

Funny how we get the 50 50 calls when the season is over
looked like an inglis benefit match early we couldn't catch anything and south's were jumping early off their line took us a while to defeat that

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

I've started to try and avoid this forum because it's pretty depressing.

Sitting around today I had a brief moment of thinking a few things about Rick, and thought I'd jump on here and maybe read something positive.
Nup.

Usual rubbish. I'll be deleting my profile (if I can) on here shortly, because frankly, it makes Rugby League less enjoyable.

At what point do we think as a club outside of Sydney, without any major corporate support, do we not sit back and be proud of the fact we punch above our weight? We sure as hell did in the early 90s, and we knew it. That was the joy. We stuck it to the big clubs in Sydney.

We deadset have a coach who is fast becoming one of the finest citizens in the ACT, he's a premiership winning player, has coached his country, bleeds green and has a positive impact on the city - and people still talk him down?

If Ricky Stuart can't get this team up - it's their own fault.

Anyway, that's about it from me. Good luck for the rest of the year - and bring on 2019.

I hope Ricky gets the rewards he deserves for his commitment to Canberra as a city. And for the club.

Peace.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Love4Noa wrote: August 25, 2018, 10:59 pm I've started to try and avoid this forum because it's pretty depressing.

Sitting around today I had a brief moment of thinking a few things about Rick, and thought I'd jump on here and maybe read something positive.
Nup.

Usual rubbish. I'll be deleting my profile (if I can) on here shortly, because frankly, it makes Rugby League less enjoyable.

At what point do we think as a club outside of Sydney, without any major corporate support, do we not sit back and be proud of the fact we punch above our weight? We sure as hell did in the early 90s, and we knew it. That was the joy. We stuck it to the big clubs in Sydney.

We deadset have a coach who is fast becoming one of the finest citizens in the ACT, he's a premiership winning player, has coached his country, bleeds green and has a positive impact on the city - and people still talk him down?

Anyway, that's about it from me. Good luck for the rest of the year - and bring on 2019.

I hope Ricky gets the rewards he deserves for his commitment to Canberra as a city. And for the club.

Peace.
Well said mate.

The GH isnt quite the same as when I joined, still for the most part enjoy it though.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Sack Ricky

Post by gangrenous »

Love4Noa wrote:
Nup.
That would be a shame if you deleted your profile over this.

There are positives in other threads. There’s excitement about Guler. Hope that the English recruits are the goods.

But you can’t seriously expect positivity in all threads, particularly this one. Wins like the last two weeks change nothing in practical terms. All they do is highlight why the fans are disappointed in the first place.

This was a team who should have played finals - again. The coaches and players have made the same mistakes continuously over the last two years to lead us to this point. That can be on players over periods of weeks, or even a few months, but beyond that it all falls back to coaching. Stuart needs to be correcting the player mistakes or dropping them. A lot of people gave him a break last year after giving us 2016, which was the best year in recent memory. But he needs to recognise the flaws and work to change them. Instead of being defensive (aggressive) in the face of criticism, he needs to listen and determine where it’s well founded. He certainly should not be verbally disparaging fans (some who’ve loved the club longer even than he has), if they dare to question his approach. Particularly as there are flaws obvious even to people who finished their careers in reserve grade...

It’s a shame, because almost everyone on here wants success for him. Most criticisms come with a disclaimer that people love what he does in the community and for club history and exposure. But that’s not what wins football games, and that’s what people are generally here discussing.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Love4Noa wrote:I've started to try and avoid this forum because it's pretty depressing.

Nup.

Peace.

Well said mate.

And you are right it is depressing, people are hanging for a loss and even when we win they can’t enjoy it.

The atmosphere at game yesterday when we scored the last try and the players were walking back the crowd was going nuts, it got me thinking this club still has a lot of support and so does Ricky, these people on here wanting him gone are in the minority. They must sit in the nose bleeds cause I don’t see any Raider supporter at the ground giving it to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Apologies for wanting my team to succeed. I promise to become a happy clapper. Reaching the finals one in five years is something we should all be proud of.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Love4Noa wrote:We deadset have a coach who is fast becoming one of the finest citizens in the ACT, he's a premiership winning player, has coached his country, bleeds green and has a positive impact on the city - and people still talk him down?
Being a good guy does not a good coach make..

Otherwise, I'd be a Rugby League coach.

And we don't want that. Even though I guarantee I would be more successful than one R Stuart.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

gergreg wrote:Apologies for wanting my team to succeed. I promise to become a happy clapper. Reaching the finals one in five years is something we should all be proud of.
Spot on.

These mediocrity accepting, Ricky Stuart fanbois are part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

After hearing the best fulltime spray from Ricky that has been going viral on social media, i love the bloke, i think it must be after the Warriors game, losing the un losable, has anyone else heard this?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Kryptonite wrote:After hearing the best fulltime spray from Ricky that has been going viral on social media, i love the bloke, i think it must be after the Warriors game, losing the un losable, has anyone else heard this?
it's an afl coach not sticky. Pretty sure we've never conceded goals through our middle.

as pointed out to me by Hbomb, RIP.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's not Ricky
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Love it when people who themselves don't mind giving players or coaches a spray come on here and tell me how negative it is on this forum.

Nobody is forcing anyone to come on here to share opinions, whether the times are good or bad.

Seriously, don't let the door hit your **** on the way out. :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Its like those people who post on Facebook telling everybody they are sick of Facebook and not going to use it any more.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

I cant see the raiders winning a premiership in this generation. Furner isnt competent and Ricky is just a bad vibe that makes his players worse. He **** with their heads and turns them into the team that cant hold onto a lead. All well and good to come and win when the games dont matter. If your've had a slow start to the season for the past few years because you do 0 trials you'd think that you would address it. We've lost games on his dumbass interchange management.

He and Furner are both safe as houses and Canberra wont be successful with both of them still working for the Raiders.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Love4Noa, if you come into a thread titled 'Sack Ricky', it's probably not going to be full of romantic poetry.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Love4Noa wrote:I've started to try and avoid this forum because it's pretty depressing.

Nup.

Peace.
You need to seperate Ricky the person and Ricky the coach

Ricky the person is an amazing human who has given so much to the Canberra community

Ricky the coach has made finals once in 5 years and consistently has a <40 record
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Just a guy looking to be outraged. Stomping into a thread titled “Sack Stuart” after 5 years in charge and only 1 pass mark to show for it and wonders why people aren’t doing **** backflips

Noa’s a piss taker
See ya.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Kryptonite wrote:After hearing the best fulltime spray from Ricky that has been going viral on social media, i love the bloke, i think it must be after the Warriors game, losing the un losable, has anyone else heard this?
Do you even know the difference between Rugby League and AFL?

In Ricky We Trust
Kryptonite
John Ferguson

Post by Kryptonite »

Brew wrote: August 26, 2018, 12:12 pm
Do you even know the difference between Rugby League and AFL?
I was taking piss Brewsky :lol:

Kryptonite
John Ferguson

Post by Kryptonite »

Anyway, Sack Ricky!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brew wrote: August 26, 2018, 9:11 am And you are right it is depressing, people are hanging for a loss and even when we win they can’t enjoy it.

The atmosphere at game yesterday when we scored the last try and the players were walking back the crowd was going nuts, it got me thinking this club still has a lot of support and so does Ricky, these people on here wanting him gone are in the minority. They must sit in the nose bleeds cause I don’t see any Raider supporter at the ground giving it to the team.

Hi Brew... my take is that people can be questioning and critical of performance... but they still wish for the Raiders to win every single game, get excited by every try, every point, every great tackle, pass and run. They get excited by every win and cheer for the team. There is the rare twisted soul who wishes for the team to do poorly, just so they can say "I told you so.. now get rid of person X". But that is rare.

When the team has made the finals once in the past six years, three times in a decade, not won the premiership for a quarter of a century, never made a Grand Final in the era of the NRL... well, there are going to be people asking why and what can be done to fix the under performance of the club we love.

I am certainly someone who thinks about the club performance, who analyses and questions. I'm not someone who played the game at any high level... but I love the sport, love the club, and I do it because I want to see the club to be successful.

The critical comments are abounding right now... but think back to 2016. This place had adoring comments abounding. What you're reading here generally reflects the state of what's happening at the club and on the field. And I'll add this too... this forum has more analytical, in depth comment than any of The GH's social media platforms. That's why it's the rock on which the modern GH, which has multiple social media streams and communities, is based.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

I enjoyed the win yesterday but all it did was remind me of what we are capable of when we put out minds to it and the fact we haven't put our minds to winning for two seasons now.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

The sentiments in the above post are why some of us want change so badly.

We should just sit back and be happy we occasionally scrape into the eight because Rick’s a top bloke and we’re outside of Sydney?

I don’t care if the coach is the nastiest fellow who ever lived. I don’t watch the sport because I want to see a bunch of honest toilers do their best. Losers always say they did their best. Winners are too busy winning to listen.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

The last two weeks have crystallised my belief that a coach capable of winning a premiership would have gone a hell of a lot closer over the last two years than Ricky has.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

I'm starting to wonder if Ricky is doing too much. He does so much excellent stuff for the club off the field and maybe it's affecting his coaching duties? It feels like he's carrying far more of the load than other coaches in this area.

Also, I spoke to someone in the junior fitness staff recently who was disillusioned with the head fitness team's preoccupation with strength training. This guy thought they should prioritise fitness and agility, and attributed the late-game fadeouts to the imbalance. This is a theory we've all discussed many times on this forum and is a completely baffling approach for a team loaded with massive units. But I mention it because maybe Ricky's support staff could be letting him down in areas they're supposed to be the experts in.

Before you pen your shutdown responses, I'm not giving Ricky an out for the last five years of results because I'm as disappointed as anyone and agree we need to aim higher than the "doing pretty well for a non-Sydney team" idea. Ricky is ultimately responsible for everything, so any failures by his staff still result in him failing - particularly as he probably picked all of them.

But I wonder if he's been quite as poor a coach for us as he looks from the outside.