Post by Green eyed Mick »

I'm done. Time for a new coach.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by LP Raider »

I don't think we'll see him next year.

He will be given this year to collect another spoon.
WorkChoice
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I wouldn’t sack him but I would promote him to a position within the club that has nothing to do with coaching.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

RTW wrote: March 18, 2018, 8:07 pm I wouldn’t sack him but I would promote him to a position within the club that has nothing to do with coaching.
Sticky and Don both need to go for this club to break out of the cycle of mediocrity (although mediocrity would be a welcome change from the abysmal performances of the last 2 weeks)
Lobby
Noa Nadruku

Post by Lobby »

I’m starting to turn around to this. Neil Henry, Toovey, Greg Popovich
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Yeah.. what are Madge and Des up to?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Don's the first one that needs to go, he's been there since what, 2008
WorkChoice
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I think Stuart is in his last year as an NRL coach, but I think there are other people in the Raiders organisation who need to be considering a change of career.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

Stuart's under contract until 2020. Not bloody likely that he'll get sacked.
And who do you replace him with?
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’d really love to see what happened in the other trouser leg of time where we played at least two trials like everyone else...
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:I’d really love to see what happened in the other trouser leg of time where we played at least two trials like everyone else...
We'd lose the second trial 30-28
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

AJL wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:04 pm Stuart's under contract until 2020. Not bloody likely that he'll get sacked.
Maguire maybe? Who else is there?
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

What’s Maguire doing?
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Stick isnt going anywhere fir at least another 2 yrs, best we can hope for is the Eels continue to be rubbish so we can at least laugh at them
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Kryptonite wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:12 pm Stick isnt going anywhere fir at least another 2 yrs, best we can hope for is the Eels continue to be rubbish so we can at least laugh at them
No doubt he will be hard to shift but if he wins say 3 or 4 games there is no chance he survives. Even if he wins 7 or 8 I doubt he does.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

AJL wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:04 pm Stuart's under contract until 2020. Not bloody likely that he'll get sacked.
Or maybe a club will go after him and try pay a release clause.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

sprintman wrote:What’s Maguire doing?
He is coaching the Refs.

If you want to be serious about success you go after the best, Bellamy.

Toovey would be good. Hasler might toughen us up defensively and attitude wise. McGuire would be my first pick after Bellamy.

What annoys me about Ricky is his press conference are the same, he wouldn’t stand for this as a player but seems to accept it as a coach cause we have a strong bond and it’s a tight competition blah blah blah

In Ricky We Trust
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Sack Teflon Don before you even start to consider what to do with the coach
reedz
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: mal

Post by reedz »

Sick of it..SACK STUART!!!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:46 pm Sack Teflon Don before you even start to consider what to do with the coach
Sacking the CEO meant to improve Sticky’s coaching performance?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Northern Raider wrote: March 18, 2018, 10:44 pm
afgtnk wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:46 pm Sack Teflon Don before you even start to consider what to do with the coach
You see, when you're the CEO of an organisation, you're generally responsible for everything within it.

It's a novel and funny concept, I know.
Walter
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Walter »

Wenger out! Image

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: March 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
Northern Raider wrote: March 18, 2018, 10:44 pm
You see, when you're the CEO an organisation, you're generally responsible for everything within it.

It's a funny concept, I know.
It’s a sporting team, not a corporation. Since when did any struggling sports team sack a CEO to make a coach go better?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jackie Boi

Post by Sleek the Elite »

People are over-reacting.

We've got a decent side and the wins will come. Maybe not next week or the week after, but they'll come.

Ricky is the right person to be coaching the side.

Pull yourselves together, hold your nerve and let's enjoy the season ahead.
Forum members with gravitas: greeneyed, Seiffert82, dubby.
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

If we can’t beat the Knights I don’t see who we are going to beat exactly. Even the Tigers, who we regularly smash, just beat the reigning premiers.

The reason why everyone is so negative is this is the same crap we’re getting from last year despite all this talk of improvement and wanting to close out close games. Ricky has until round 10 to put us in the positive for win/loss or I genuinely believe it’s time to look elsewhere.

Who am I kidding though he’s signed until 2020 so he’ll be here until 2020.

AJL
Brett Mullins

Post by AJL »

CJR wrote: March 19, 2018, 5:36 am If we can’t beat the Knights I don’t see who we are going to beat exactly. Even the Tigers, who we regularly smash, just beat the reigning premiers.
Canterbury, who are conceding more points than us. Parramatta, who have given up 78 points and scored zero in the last 133 minutes of football. Cronulla, who let their five-eighth go so they could sign another fullback.

We could beat those teams. I think...
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

AJL wrote:
CJR wrote: March 19, 2018, 5:36 am If we can’t beat the Knights I don’t see who we are going to beat exactly. Even the Tigers, who we regularly smash, just beat the reigning premiers.
Canterbury, who are conceding more points than us. Parramatta, who have given up 78 points and scored zero in the last 133 minutes of football. Cronulla, who let their five-eighth go so they could sign another fullback.

Well woopty-do. You’re right! 12th here we come! This is awesome.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Schifty wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:18 pm
Or maybe a club will go after him and try pay a release clause.
:roflmao
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

I honestly don't know if sacking him mid season will do the job on this squad. He has to round 12 to get us to 6-6 minimum, and needs to be told that his position is under review NOW. Not acceptable, and if the players love him like they say they do, they had better start defending like they want to keep him. If not, I would sound out Maguire, Bellamy is a pipe dream, won't happen...imo
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I think moving him into a Gould-like director of football position would be the best option.

I think he offers a lot, but I just can't rationalise so many of his choices - he's too matey with some players (especially Jack, but he also clearly loves Bateman), either does not know how or forgets to use his bench and is constantly full of excuses.

The thing is, I think this is the rare instance of someone loving the club actually being one of the issues. He'd never whip out the PowerPoint in Canberra because he likes the players too much.

This is also a rare time when there are a few high quality coaches out there - Hasler, Maguire, Toovey. Stuart's had a good crack, but we are clearly going backwards right now and this is the side he put together. Are we back at year zero of a five year plan?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

AJL wrote: March 19, 2018, 6:24 am

Canterbury have also played Easts and Melbourne. As opposed to the Titans and knights.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

The other thing about Stuart, he's just the least adaptable coach in the competition.

He seems completely incapable of changing his gameplan when the situation demands and very inflexible with his team ideas.

It almost like he spends the whole offseason coming up with his best 17, and the gameplan he intends to use, and then any change to that at all cannot and will not be considered.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Oh well, if he goes we have Brett White waiting in the wings to be our new head coach!
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

AJL wrote: March 19, 2018, 6:24 am

I guarantee Canterbury (who beat us in our only trial), Parra, and Cronulla will beat us this year.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

LP Raider wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:59 pm I don't think we'll see him next year.

He will be given this year to collect another spoon.
There's only two things left to happen now, LP Smash. He collects the spoon, and EDIT.

And his cycle as the Destroyer of Clubs will be complete.