Ricky Stuart coaching

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Canberra Milk »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 26, 2018, 11:19 am What is the process to becoming an NRL Coach? Do you start from say mini-mods and work your way up the age groups to be eligible for NRL?

I was just thinking how all the coaches are ex-players. I'm not aware of a Villas-Boas situation where a Coach with 0 NRL playing experience has coached a 1st Grade side.

Hypothetically speaking, if I said "Right, I want to begin a path to becoming a 1st Grade coach", where do you start?
Daniel Anderson, I believe.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 26, 2018, 11:19 am What is the process to becoming an NRL Coach? Do you start from say mini-mods and work your way up the age groups to be eligible for NRL?

I was just thinking how all the coaches are ex-players. I'm not aware of a Villas-Boas situation where a Coach with 0 NRL playing experience has coached a 1st Grade side.

Hypothetically speaking, if I said "Right, I want to begin a path to becoming a 1st Grade coach", where do you start?
If you were looking to coach the raiders, changing your surname to furner or mcintyre would be a good start
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

I mentioned it already in my long post, but I think it deserves another...

We all remember the last time something just as heartbreaking happened, that was Penrith last years when they scored two tries in the last 90 seconds to win the unwinnable. This time, we're up by 7 with 3 mins left and we know what happened.

What was the similarity between that game and this apart form an unthinkable collapse?

Against Penrith, we had a guy making his debut for the club, Royce Hunt, given approximately 7 minutes on the field.
Against the Warriors, we had a guy making his debut for the club, Liam Knight, given approximately 9 minutes on the field.

We had fresh guys sitting on the bench watching on as the rest of the team, absolutely exhausted, capitulate in the final moments to lose unloseable games.

If you go through these moments and learn from it and become a better team, as a fan you can somewhat accept that these things happen sometimes but in the long run, we'll be better for it. When they happen over and over again and we DON'T learn from them, when we pay good money to go and sit at the stadium every week and watch it happen in slow motion, it beggars belief and leaves you wondering what's the point?

If these guys are ready for first grade, put them in a proper rotation. if they're not ready, don't pick them. Selecting guys and premeditating that they'll only get X minutes because it's their first game for the club just sets us up for monumental failures.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Zip Zip wrote: March 24, 2018, 11:05 pm I don't quite understand how someone who has been a professional coach for over 15 years can still be so utterly clueless and dead set dreadful at his job.

Hooker is a crucial position in an NRL team. No one in their right mind would think you can just put a career half back in there and expect it to work. You have a good hooker there. Pick your two best halves (I don't care at this point) and **** go with it. He just thinks 'well Sezer/Austin/Williams are all better than Garvey so that'll work, right?' Wrong. It's not working and it's a god damn mess.

Everyone who watches our team knows our halves can't defend. So making Williams switch sides after 25-30 minutes will just make his job even more difficult. How can he have solid combinations and trust when the guys on his inside and outside are constantly changing? The game started with Sezer defending on the left, Williams on the right. Half an hour later, it's Austin on the left, Sezer in the middle and Williams on the right. RIDICULOUS.

Interchange is crucial. Why pick a guy when you go in to the match KNOWING you are only going to give him 9 minutes. He did the same with Royce Hunt last year AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. We lost to Penrith because we were out on our feet, yet we had fresh guys on the bench who could have stopped the collapse. HE DOESN'T LEARN.

Why the hell was Havili just left to sit there on the bench? Does Stuart forget about the interchange? We're clearly unfit and we effectively play with 15 players.

What has Brett White done to deserve a shot as defensive coach? We are quite obviously over committing in the middle of the field and the poor pricks on the edges don't have a chance. How can they have a two man overlap when they have a player less? It's obscene. No one knows how to fix it.

We are a dumb team. When Johnson forced a drop out with 5.20 left, there was an opportunity to drain 40 seconds off the clock when up by 7. Pretty close to the time it takes to complete a set of six. But no, Elliott Whitehead stayed down in the field of play so that the time was stopped and we were only able to take 5 seconds off the clock. Whitehead continued on for the rest of the game.

Then to top it off, Ricky goes in to the presser and tries his old trick of saying 'Hey look over there!' and now every article is about how Ricky blames the refs. Well guess what mate - we don't buy it. We're not **** stupid. We know you're just trying to deflect attention. Too bad. We've all had enough of this ****.

We've heard it all before. 'You can't fault the effort, you can't fault the effort.' Bullsh*t! You CAN fault the effort! Because when you've been through what you've been through for the past two weeks, plus last season and 2015 losing so many close games, the effort in the last 5 minutes should be DOUBLED. But no, of course, the Warriors marched up the field three times in 3 minutes and broke our hearts again. There was no effort, no desire in the last 5 minutes. As if we'd resigned to the fact that we're a bunch of losers and this is some kind of foregone conclusion.

It's taken me many years to get to this point. I was thrilled when Stuart was appointed, we were building, he was passionate, we had some success (which was obviously a fluke) and he put a talented squad together. But now, I'm done. I so badly want him gone but I can't see an end in sight. For the first time in my life, I'm considering not going to games because it's just too much. Get Stuart out and let's start ALL over again.
Good post. Really well put.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

The lurker is throwing out a story today that he keeps hearing rumours that Sticky's contract has a clause that enables him to be sacked without pay if he doesnt make the 8 this year.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/l ... 8u/slide/4
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Lurkers full of ****, would be nice though
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There is no credibility in anything "The Lurker" says.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I hope he quits early while there are still opportunities for him to contribute positively to the 'rebuild'
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He won't quit.
He won't be sacked.

I agree he could be repositioned to a different role.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

reptar wrote: March 26, 2018, 11:25 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:What is the process to becoming an NRL Coach? Do you start from say mini-mods and work your way up the age groups to be eligible for NRL?

Being born in Queanbeyan is a good start.

Our next coach is going to be KW :|
Traiders1.3
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Traiders1.3 »

Toovey to be our coach, so he can stick to the Nrl and Manly
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifty wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:What is the process to becoming an NRL Coach? Do you start from say mini-mods and work your way up the age groups to be eligible for NRL?

I was thinking Campo, but sure, why not?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I'd take just about anyone. I would take Paul Vautin as head coach if he offered.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:

Who changed his nappies?

As a child, I mean, not recently.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If you are double posting... and using the mobile apps... please clear your cache... and if that fails... please delete your apps and download them again. We have updated the mobile app plug ins.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Captain Punish wrote:I'd take just about anyone. I would take Paul Vautin as head coach if he offered.

He'd have plenty of time, i can't imagine ut takes long to prepare for the Footy Show
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote: March 26, 2018, 8:35 pm
Captain Punish wrote:I'd take just about anyone. I would take Paul Vautin as head coach if he offered.

He'd have plenty of time, i can't imagine ut takes long to prepare for the Footy Show
Well that shows how ridiculous the comments are from Captain Punish. Seriously. Punishing.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

reptar wrote:

Considering he got the ****, he has plenty
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: March 26, 2018, 8:34 pm If you are double posting... and using the mobile apps... please clear your cache... and if that fails... please delete your apps and download them again. We have updated the mobile app plug ins.
I use the website and it's happening on that too. Plus it's "overloaded" way too much to be a coincidence. The new format SUCKS.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: March 26, 2018, 8:43 pm
reptar wrote: March 26, 2018, 8:35 pm

Well that shows how ridiculous the comments are from Captain Punish. Seriously. Punishing.
I agree with him, I would seriously take Fatty Vautin over Ricky Stuart right now.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote: March 27, 2018, 10:31 am
greeneyed wrote: March 26, 2018, 8:34 pm If you are double posting... and using the mobile apps... please clear your cache... and if that fails... please delete your apps and download them again. We have updated the mobile app plug ins.
I use the website and it's happening on that too. Plus it's "overloaded" way too much to be a coincidence. The new format SUCKS.
That's not an issue with the board software... it is an issue with server space, which is going to have to be expanded soon.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm not a fan of the new set up. Hopefully we can sort it out soon.

On topic, Ricky ain't going anywhere. But boy, he really needs to justify his massive salary by making some much needed decisions in terms of selection and bench rotation.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

SIince our rd 1 loss to the Cowboys last season I don’t know how you can honestly say in any loss since we have actually played well ?

From rd 7 last year Warriors win to now, we have played 20 matches and the Sharks win was the only one we actually looked like a finals team.

That’s 1 in 20 matches (plus the worlds greatest off season review in between)

We have been out of form for nearly an entire season of play. All these close losses would be easy 10pts+ comfortable wins but we haven’t been prepared, turned up or managed on field in any sort of professional match condition since.

Its on the coaching staff to get this right

I’m sick of seeing close games where the only reason it is close is because we have played horrible and let the other team stay with us - Ricky is delusional
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

scotchberry wrote: March 27, 2018, 11:19 am SIince our rd 1 loss to the Cowboys last season I don’t know how you can honestly say in any loss since we have actually played well ?

From rd 7 last year Warriors win to now, we have played 20 matches and the Sharks win was the only one we actually looked like a finals team.

That’s 1 in 20 matches (plus the worlds greatest off season review in between)

We have been out of form for nearly an entire season of play. All these close losses would be easy 10pts+ comfortable wins but we haven’t been prepared, turned up or managed on field in any sort of professional match condition since.

Its on the coaching staff to get this right

I’m sick of seeing close games where the only reason it is close is because we have played horrible and let the other team stay with us - Ricky is delusional
This is all on the coaching staff. People talking about changing the captain or sacking the halves or moving our fullback are just completely missing the point of what's going on. It's shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. There's a monumental problem with our club, and it starts at the top.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

If Farrah comes to Canberra..... It will be the breaking point
Perth Based Raiders Fan
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PerthRaider86 wrote: March 28, 2018, 5:41 pm If Farrah comes to Canberra..... It will be the breaking point
Particularly if we lose Sezer to accommodate him.

Talk about a short-term solution with awful long-term ramifications.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

The Nickman wrote: March 28, 2018, 5:42 pm
PerthRaider86 wrote: March 28, 2018, 5:41 pm If Farrah comes to Canberra..... It will be the breaking point
Particularly if we lose Sezer to accommodate him.

Talk about a short-term solution with awful long-term ramifications.
The question i have to ask ricky. Is why did they sign Garvey if they aint gonna use a Havili/Garvey combo?????

And why sign williams when we already had austin and sezer? Unless he expected to lose one or both this year and thats why we signed Higano
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

I think our side would benefit from having a guy like Farah...Only for the short term mind you.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Having Havili and Garvey only to sign Farah is crazy.

I can see Hingano is a replacement for 1 of our halves. His game is a closer match for Austin.

So if its Sezer for Farah, thats double crazy.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

This is a clear vote of 'No confidence' in the coach. The board has to act now and not wait another two years like they did with Furner.

8 players off contract gives the new coach an opportunity to hit the ground walking, instead of on his knees which is where Ricky will leave the club if he is allowed to remain.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'll call it, he wont see out April.
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

Is there anyone here left in the "keep Ricky" camp ???

Surely there can't be
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Let's get Hingano involved more.

Oh wrong thread
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

If this Ricky Stuart **** face still has a job by fulltime the Raiders are having a laugh.

Sack that curly haired EDIT asap and let's actually give ourselves a chance.

Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Disgraceful effort from the boys!!!!! Please please get rid off the coach!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!