'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Toviii wrote: August 14, 2018, 7:33 pm Trent Barrett is leaving Manly

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Moving to Penrith to be Gould's next fall guy.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Very hard to judge Barrett's performance as a coach.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Barrett hasn't shown anything as a coach that would make you want to break a contract.

Although if you want a bloke that knows where the best Regional QLD strip clubs are than he is your man!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: August 14, 2018, 8:47 pm Very hard to judge Barrett's performance as a coach.
I feel like i've seen enough of him on various media outlets to say that's not a dude i'd be pursuing.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Schifty wrote:Barrett hasn't shown anything as a coach that would make you want to break a contract.

Although if you want a bloke that knows where the best Regional QLD strip clubs are than he is your man!
It wouldn't be hard to find a strip club in Gladestone
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 14, 2018, 8:54 pm
Schifty wrote:Barrett hasn't shown anything as a coach that would make you want to break a contract.

It wouldn't be hard to find a strip club in Gladestone

Yeah but in terms of the best one....
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Pigman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: August 14, 2018, 8:47 pm Very hard to judge Barrett's performance as a coach.
I feel like i've seen enough of him on various media outlets to say that's not a dude i'd be pursuing.
I’d see him winning a premiership at Penrith in 2 years, it’s like when Stuart won in 2002 and people say he was handed a premiership winning side from Murray. Same would apply here, with Gus calling the shots.

In Ricky We Trust
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Brew wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:06 am
Pigman wrote:
I’d see him winning a premiership at Penrith in 2 years, it’s like when Stuart won in 2002 and people say he was handed a premiership winning side from Murray. Same would apply here, with Gus calling the shots.

I could as well.. if Brad Fitler was still playing for Penrith. For good measure, throw in Fletcher, Wing, Ricketson, Fitzgibbon, Morley and Minichiello.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Anyone else get the feeling that This is all part of Ricky’s master plan?

We know he is stubborn but is this all just payback from a grudge on the Raiders forcing him to the Bulldogs for the last two years of his career.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I listened to the Canberra Times sport podcast today and Dutton and Polkinghorn were discussing Stuart in the context of the coaching dramas NRL-wide and and whether the Raiders fit into it at all.

I found it interesting because there was an acknowledgement that, while he is safe, he should be under more scrutiny than he is.

WHAT? You blokes are the ones entrusted with placing the scrutiny that you find conspicuously lacking. And you bring it up in a fringe podcast which I can only assume doesn't have a wide audience. Why not print such things in the Canberra Times?
Up The Milk
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Up The Milk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

RTW wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that This is all part of Ricky’s master plan?

We know he is stubborn but is this all just payback from a grudge on the Raiders forcing him to the Bulldogs for the last two years of his career.
that would be some long game

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Mickey_Raider wrote:I listened to the Canberra Times sport podcast today and Dutton and Polkinghorn were discussing Stuart in the context of the coaching dramas NRL-wide and and whether the Raiders fit into it at all.

I found it interesting because there was an acknowledgement that, while he is safe, he should be under more scrutiny than he is.

WHAT? You blokes are the ones entrusted with placing the scrutiny that you find conspicuously lacking. And you bring it up in a fringe podcast which I can only assume doesn't have a wide audience. Why not print such things in the Canberra Times?
So you recommend more scrute

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Splade
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Splade »

Sticky to step up into head of football and his good mate Barrett to waltz on in to the raiders gig.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Here is hopefully the first of many articles mounting pressure on him and the club. Apologies if this has already been posted

https://www-zerotackle-com.cdn.ampproje ... e-35394%2F
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

FROG wrote: August 15, 2018, 6:24 pm Here is hopefully the first of many articles mounting pressure on him and the club. Apologies if this has already been posted

https://www-zerotackle-com.cdn.ampproje ... e-35394%2F
Anyone worried about Blake Austin's departure is a deadest plonker. He's a selfish ball hog who can't defend. We are better without him, whether he is replaced or not.

As for pressure on Ricky. The only people who can put pressure on Ricky are the sponsors and the players themselves. The club doesn't give a flying **** what the fans think.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Nobody reads zero tackle

That's placing as much pressure as if I went and stood outside hq with a Sack Ricky sign
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Mark 'Piggy' Riddell having his say:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zxm7.html

Seems like there may be some momentum building after all.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Imagine if Mark Riddell was the circuit breaker that triggered change at the Raiders :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

"We're working through that now. We'll get the next three games out of the road and then we'll, I use the word review but we review everything at the end of each year anyway, so we'll review all of those positions," Furner said.
Yeaaaaaah, nothing will happen.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Schifty wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:49 pm Imagine if Mark Riddell was the circuit breaker that triggered change at the Raiders :lol:
A more unlikely source I could not think of...
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

"Ricky was unlucky with injuries and suspensions to key players. We recommend another season with a full squad before deciding for the future"
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Leebola wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:52 pm
Schifty wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:49 pm Imagine if Mark Riddell was the circuit breaker that triggered change at the Raiders :lol:
A more unlikely source I could not think of...
Polky using a proxy to apply a bit of pressure so he doesn't get in trouble.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Willy Mason?
The Green Hornet
Simon Woolford

Post by The Green Hornet »

One finals appearance in the last five years. Got to wonder how this affects our elite players like rapana, tapine, papalii, hodgo etc.
Player careers are short in the nrl and you thrive on finals appearances.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The Green Hornet wrote:One finals appearance in the last five years. Got to wonder how this affects our elite players like rapana, tapine, papalii, hodgo etc.
Player careers are short in the nrl and you thrive on finals appearances.
Well I hope the money is good for them at least. If next year fails, they will then have to go through another rebuild which will mean another 3 - 5 years of being apart of a bottom 8 team. If that happened, I would be supportive if they left to go to a performing club

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Anyone with a twitter account able to seek comments on the Riddell comments from someone with a bigger profile.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BTW... Manly look like they want Michael Maguire... if you were hoping for him to return home. And Seibold admitted "interest" from the Broncos... but denying he's spoken to them... if you were hoping for him.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 15, 2018, 9:45 pm Anyone with a twitter account able to seek comments on the Riddell comments from someone with a bigger profile.
Want me to tweet Trump for his hot take?

He usually wakes up from his cocaine nap around this time.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

all we need now is input from dawn Fraser and peppy pauly G

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

That Piggy Riddell interview was fantastic. He is voicing exactly the sort of sentiments we are all stressing ad infinitum. That is exactly what needs to be said.

Had to shake my head at some Raiders fans on Facebook ("Shut up Piggy go criticise parra"etc) for some reason taking it as an attack on the Raiders rather than an attack against those bringing the club down from the inside.
Up The Milk
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Ps; Stuart has called our season "unacceptable".

Yes, it is unacceptable. Resign or sack yourself.
Up The Milk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Mickey_Raider wrote:That Piggy Riddell interview was fantastic. He is voicing exactly the sort of sentiments we are all stressing ad infinitum. That is exactly what needs to be said.

Had to shake my head at some Raiders fans on Facebook ("Shut up Piggy go criticise parra"etc) for some reason taking it as an attack on the Raiders rather than an attack against those bringing the club down from the inside.
Some of the raiders fans on Facebook are complete morons

Some guy got laughed out of the room for suggesting Stuart be sacked by the "you can't criticise" brigade..
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

-TW- wrote: August 16, 2018, 10:43 am
Mickey_Raider wrote:That Piggy Riddell interview was fantastic. He is voicing exactly the sort of sentiments we are all stressing ad infinitum. That is exactly what needs to be said.

Some of the raiders fans on Facebook are complete morons

Some guy got laughed out of the room for suggesting Stuart be sacked by the "you can't criticise" brigade..
My best guess is a lot of it stems from the small town set up in Canberra. It would be really hard to criticise someone fiercely when you personally know them, or have met them and had positive dealings etc.

So anyone vaguely associated with St Edmunds College, QLC and the local league/Raiders scene et al. will not have a bad word to say about the likes of Stuart or anyone with the surname Furner.

This is my only explanation because you can't look at Ricky's results and objectively think he is doing a good or even acceptable job.
Up The Milk