Ricky Stuart coaching

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Quick KPI check. One finals series in half a decade. This means that we have been below AVERAGE 80% of the time under him.
And yet he quite literally had the safest job in the league. It’s baffling
Up The Milk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Theres a reasonable chance he finishes the year with 7 losses. Surely that will crack a small article questioning his coaching somewhere?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The entire league community seems to feel sorry for him and talk like he’s doing the best he can in a tough situation. I feel like it’s only Raiders fans that question whether he should be here.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Don’t get it twisted
The storm called mercy with some 25 minutes to play
Which is embarrassing as anything we’ve seen in recent memory
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Ricky is useless. Every week that he stays in this job sends us deeper into the mire
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Can’t get any of the basics right, and the culture stinks.

He is too arrogant to be accountable and take any responsibility, always blames outside agencies rather than looking in his own backyard. The players take this free pass and their overs money, and fold easily whenever the going gets too tough.

The club is rotten.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

As has been said ad nauseam, he's got to wave his magic wand and fix our defence.

Considering his entire coaching career up until now has been based on getting the defence in order, I do wonder what the hell is going on here.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This **** needs to resign
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Pigman wrote:This **** needs to resign
careful, management will read this as wanting him extended

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Mire is a very appropriate word .
Last edited by Off on July 29, 2018, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Green eyed Mick wrote: July 28, 2018, 9:52 pm Image
Did you hack the Generals secret files of the GH mad Monday celebrations, it's probably the only time Ge,dubs,and Tokyo are in the same room together things get very loose
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Rick to stick... it's the click.
This place is woke.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Sadly Ricky will see out his contract with us and there is nothing that can happen that he won’t unfortunately. Then when he does leave the club will need to rebuild so I have come to the conclusion we won’t be a top 8 side for at least another 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

LastRaider wrote: July 29, 2018, 12:50 pm Sadly Ricky will see out his contract with us and there is nothing that can happen that he won’t unfortunately. Then when he does leave the club will need to rebuild so I have come to the conclusion we won’t be a top 8 side for at least another 5 years

The next month will decide Stick's fate. If we get belted again like last night Ricky will find himself with fewer places to hide.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

But but but we didn’t have Hodgson for half a season... we lost wighton for ages, we lost Croker... we have so many injuries.

Sadly the excuses are ready made.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

CJ42 wrote: July 29, 2018, 3:02 pm But but but we didn’t have Hodgson for half a season... we lost wighton for ages, we lost Croker... we have so many injuries.

Sadly the excuses are ready made.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
We've got an excuse for losing. Not an excuse for performing like we did last night.

I think the jury is still out on whether Ricky has lost the dressing room but we'll get a pretty good indication over the next month.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He is a protected species as far as pressure goes. The telegraph even ran an article today rating him one of the safest coaches in the comp with a bunch of excuses as to why.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

inrickywetrust
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:Don’t get it twisted
The storm called mercy with some 25 minutes to play
Which is embarrassing as anything we’ve seen in recent memory
Bellamy felt for Ricky .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Question wrote:
Green eyed Mick wrote: July 28, 2018, 9:52 pm Image
Did you hack the Generals secret files of the GH mad Monday celebrations, it's probably the only time Ge,dubs,and Tokyo are in the same room together things get very loose
That gif has NOTHING on what the GH admins get up to.

Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I wear my lycra above the knee, for a start.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

T_R wrote: July 29, 2018, 5:12 pm I wear my lycra above the knee, for a start.
Is it just me, or did the temperature just suddenly shoot up...?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
LastRaider wrote: July 29, 2018, 12:50 pm Sadly Ricky will see out his contract with us and there is nothing that can happen that he won’t unfortunately. Then when he does leave the club will need to rebuild so I have come to the conclusion we won’t be a top 8 side for at least another 5 years

The next month will decide Stick's fate. If we get belted again like last night Ricky will find himself with fewer places to hide.
It won’t. If we lose every game now until the end Sticky will still be there next year.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

LastRaider wrote: July 29, 2018, 5:19 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote:

It won’t. If we lose every game now until the end Sticky will still be there next year.

That’s the reality of the situation unfortunately.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

As a start what about if as many of us as possible tweet @ some of the bigger NRL media names (SMH, Tele, Fox League, Nine) something to the effect of:

“Why is Stuart a protected species in the media? 1 streaky finals appearance in 5 seasons, no signs of measurable improvement. 90% of the fan base wants him out... yet media silence?”

I know journos are lazy these days, but if they see a bit of a theme one or two just might get an easy article out of it or look a bit deeper, and the snowball starts to roll???
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Ricky is a 3 year coach and thats it, first year is always a write off, second year is getting the players he wants and third year is the big year, if he cant do it by then he just falls to pieces its been the case with every club bar roosters and that only changed because he had the players to start with.

Wheres shillo when we need him, to start another player revolt like against dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

mamando wrote:As a start what about if as many of us as possible tweet @ some of the bigger NRL media names (SMH, Tele, Fox League, Nine) something to the effect of:

“Why is Stuart a protected species in the media? 1 streaky finals appearance in 5 seasons, no signs of measurable improvement. 90% of the fan base wants him out... yet media silence?”

I know journos are lazy these days, but if they see a bit of a theme one or two just might get an easy article out of it or look a bit deeper, and the snowball starts to roll???
He is a protected species. Buzz Rothfield won’t write an article as he still feels guilty for writing the piece that got him sacked at the Sharks. We have no hope

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

What a pointless thread...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I saw a post on LU, apparently Stuart coached teams have made the finals twice in the last 12 seasons he's coached.
If true.... maaaarone.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Elcaptcroker wrote:Ricky is a 3 year coach and thats it, first year is always a write off, second year is getting the players he wants and third year is the big year, if he cant do it by then he just falls to pieces its been the case with every club bar roosters and that only changed because he had the players to start with.

Wheres shillo when we need him, to start another player revolt like against dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shillo would have too. He hated Stuart

green eyebrow
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Tom Starling Elliot Whitehead

Post by green eyebrow »

Ricky will blame the disastrous 2nd round to injuries now.
He touched on it after the Storm's shellacking we got.

Players r playing way below their best.
Supershamrock
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: J Toots

Post by Supershamrock »

Pigman wrote: July 30, 2018, 6:37 pm I saw a post on LU, apparently Stuart coached teams have made the finals twice in the last 12 seasons he's coached.
If true.... maaaarone.
Wow, what a stat if true!

The best salesman you'd ever hope to meet, how does he keep his phony baloney job? :hmmm
green eyebrow
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Tom Starling Elliot Whitehead

Post by green eyebrow »

Bellamy really belted Ricky...embarrassed him, by taking a couple of his best players off early.
Normally u would do this type of thing with one round or two to go..prior to the semis.

Ricky's not going to give up his EFT
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

2002 - Premiership
2003 GF
2004 GF
2005 9th
2006 14th
2007 11th
2008 3rd