Ricky Stuart coaching

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by T_R »

How would Stuart be remotely qualified for that role?

And can you imagine the dynamic between those two egos?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

If Bennett did come would we get TPJ?
Lock TPJ into a 5 year deal and punt Benny after 2019 ;)

I can't see Bennett coming nor would I want him to.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

We heard you the first time TR
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Bennett would be an improvement over current arrangement
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

edwahu wrote: May 24, 2018, 1:34 pm Apparently Bellamys offer is 1.6m a year and the Broncos are willing to pay Bennett out next year. Meaning 2.6m (almost 50% of the football department cap) will be spent on head coaches next year. They will breach the cap but they then have 3 years to bring it back down over that period to the cap level or they just pay a fine of 37% of the breach. Good for us as if we sack Ricky early at least we can do the same.

No idea where the fine goes either, but it does seem kind of a useless cap when the biggest club can just ignore it and pay a fine after 3 years.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why-mo ... 4zh3g.html
It's a soft Cap until 2020.
Meaning you can breach it without penalty in 2018 and 2019, but then if you breach it in 2020 the breaches you made in 18/19 count towards your overall fine/luxury tax.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Northern Raider wrote:We heard you the first time TR
Im confident that I speak for everyone here when I say that it would be best that ALL my posts are shown at least twice.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Beejay wrote: May 24, 2018, 2:22 pm
edwahu wrote: May 24, 2018, 1:34 pm Apparently Bellamys offer is 1.6m a year and the Broncos are willing to pay Bennett out next year. Meaning 2.6m (almost 50% of the football department cap) will be spent on head coaches next year. They will breach the cap but they then have 3 years to bring it back down over that period to the cap level or they just pay a fine of 37% of the breach. Good for us as if we sack Ricky early at least we can do the same.

No idea where the fine goes either, but it does seem kind of a useless cap when the biggest club can just ignore it and pay a fine after 3 years.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/why-mo ... 4zh3g.html
It's a soft Cap until 2020.
Meaning you can breach it without penalty in 2018 and 2019, but then if you breach it in 2020 the breaches you made in 18/19 count towards your overall fine/luxury tax.
It's a fine in the NRL, not a luxury tax. The fine is decided on each circumstance rather than at a set %ge like in American sports.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I don’t want to alarm you, but you may not be sleeping for a while....

https://www.facebook.com/triplemnrl/vid ... 421236952/

Every person in the room when this decision was made should be ordered to pay back every dollar they earned from the Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Beejay wrote: May 24, 2018, 9:21 pm I don’t want to alarm you, but you may not be sleeping for a while....

Every person in the room when this decision was made should be ordered to pay back every dollar they earned from the Club.

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Beejay wrote: May 24, 2018, 9:21 pm I don’t want to alarm you, but you may not be sleeping for a while....

This is one of the most horrifying things I have ever watched in relation to the raiders.

Has this club made one correct decision this century?
Up The Milk
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 24, 2018, 9:59 pm

This is one of the most horrifying things I have ever watched in relation to the raiders.

I knew how this story was going to end very early on yet I watched to the end.

Why do I do such stupid things!
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

Schifty wrote: May 24, 2018, 10:21 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: May 24, 2018, 9:59 pm

I knew how this story was going to end very early on yet I watched to the end.

Why do I do such stupid things!
Us raiders fans are gluttons for punishment. Love it!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Elliott could sell ice to Eskimos
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Elliott had a 5 year plan. Bellamy didn't. Easy call for the club. :)

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

1981 Toronto/Lake Macquarie Scorpions player of the year, started the season in reserve grade.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

With the events that have transpired over the years with so called gun juniors I don't think having Bellamy would have made any difference.

It is what it is and Bellamy has made his legacy due to the fact he moved to Melbourne.
WorkChoice
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

LP Raider wrote: May 25, 2018, 5:28 pm With the events that have transpired over the years with so called gun juniors I don't think having Bellamy would have made any difference.

It is what it is and Bellamy has made his legacy due to the fact he moved to Melbourne.
Bellamy would've kept them in line.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

edwahu wrote: May 25, 2018, 6:01 pm
LP Raider wrote: May 25, 2018, 5:28 pm With the events that have transpired over the years with so called gun juniors I don't think having Bellamy would have made any difference.

Bellamy wouldn't have the reputation he has now being at the raiders, that's an absolute fact!

People are delusional.
WorkChoice
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

LP Raider wrote: May 25, 2018, 7:01 pm
edwahu wrote: May 25, 2018, 6:01 pm

Bellamy wouldn't have the reputation he has now being at the raiders, that's an absolute fact!

People are delusional.
If you think the discipline at the club would have been the same under the best coach of discipline in rugby league history good luck to you.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

The players were sacked yeh.

Your obviously someone in management because you have no idea about culture, it starts with the playing group.

Facts are Bellamy couldn't beat Smith in origin, good luck to you pal the records speak for itself
WorkChoice
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We can't sack Ricky tonight....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

LP Raider wrote: May 25, 2018, 8:22 pm The players were sacked yeh.

Your obviously someone in management because you have no idea about culture, it starts with the playing group.

Facts are Bellamy couldn't beat Smith in origin, good luck to you pal the records speak for itself
Ok, so you think Bellamy isnt that good. Fine, lets leave it at that, as you said the records speak for themselves.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

I'm glad you agree.
WorkChoice
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I still hope they sack Ricky.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

We still look like a poorly coached team.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

He’s actually getting worse. I didn’t think that was possible
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Northern Raider wrote: May 25, 2018, 9:48 pm We still look like a poorly coached team.
We do, but to be fair had we lost last night I don’t think you could have put that down to coaching, just a few terrible individual errors/decisions, same probably goes for a couple of our other performances earlier in the season where we had put in reasonably good performances for 70mins before completely bottling it.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Gould and Neil Breen very strong on Bennet will not be coaching Broncos in 2019, no matter whether they get Bellamy. It’s untenable now, and once a club like them run by News Ltd make a decision there’s no going back.
Gould was very confident he won’t be there next year.
Was on 100% footy. (Btw that is a really good footy show)
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Gould and Neil Breen very strong on Bennet will not be coaching Broncos in 2019, no matter whether they get Bellamy. It’s untenable now, and once a club like them run by News Ltd make a decision there’s no going back.
Gould was very confident he won’t be there next year.
Was on 100% footy. (Btw that is a really good footy show)
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

I wouldn't be interested in Bennett. The guy is on the nose, not sure why. I just get the feeling as a coach, he's done.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Sack Ricky

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I posted this in another thread, but Dean Ritchie was on Triple M last night and said there’s a huge coaching Merry Go Round about to happen.
Bellamy > Broncos
Arthur > Storm
Griffin > Eels
Barrett > Panthers
Hasler > Sea Eagles

I’m still trying to figure out who’s on first
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Stuart > Raiders...forever.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 30, 2018, 7:26 am I posted this in another thread, but Dean Ritchie was on Triple M last night and said there’s a huge coaching Merry Go Round about to happen.
Bellamy > Broncos
Arthur > Storm
Griffin > Eels
Barrett > Panthers
Hasler > Sea Eagles

I’m still trying to figure out who’s on first
There’s also a rumour swirling (in my head), that Bennett will end up at the Raiders, with favourite son Ricky Stuart stepping down for love of club to a corporate role with Raiders.
TPJ will follow Bennett as his new Son.
Raiders sign Barba and the other two forwards from England.
TPJ and Tapine end up starting Front Rowers, with Papalli at 13.
Wighton to 6, and Bennett gets Sezer playing a simple game ala Soward at Dragons.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

This Ben Barba obsession has gone too far, Beejay
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Pigman wrote: May 30, 2018, 9:06 am This Ben Barba obsession has gone too far, Beejay
I feel I have a bit more in me