All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by reptar »

Captain Punish wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I would absolutely LOVE Paul Green. What he’s done at the cowboys has been nothing short of phenomenal
I concur.

But I am so low that I would be happy with Mr Hanky, the Christmas **** over Ricky Stuart.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Is he available?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Sack Ricky

Post by Brew »

I just saw an interview on the NRL App about Bellamy being off contract and he doesn’t know what he will do next season. I didn’t even know he was off contract yet.
Honestly I am one of Ricky’s biggest fans but if there is ever a time to get Bellamy the time is now.
Surly he would love to go back to the Raiders and have a new challenge after 16 years at one club.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Green wants a bunch of variable payments like a percent of gate takings. That's a big ask under the new football spending cap.

Regardless I would agree we should be out there talking to these guys, but I suspect we will start looking after we decide to punt Stuart, which will be far later then it should be (next week).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brew wrote: April 4, 2018, 8:34 pm I just saw an interview on the NRL App about Bellamy being off contract and he doesn’t know what he will do next season. I didn’t even know he was off contract yet.
Honestly I am one of Ricky’s biggest fans but if there is ever a time to get Bellamy the time is now.
Surly he would love to go back to the Raiders and have a new challenge after 16 years at one club.

The Raiders have always had the intention of moving Ricky Stuart into an administration role of some sort. I'll support the coach for as long as he is the coach. But if the board is wanting a change in coach, they should go hard for Bellamy now. I think Stuart and Bellamy would work well together. It would be a very strong team.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I think Rickys role would have to be very clearly defined and not have any authority over the football side for it to work. I could see it easily becoming a Gus v Cleary situation but on steroids.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

They're mates. They'd want it to work.

Doesn't mean that it would, but we can't get worse... can we?
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

Ricky has done well in engaging the community with his charity etc. maybe he can do a role along those lines.

In Ricky We Trust
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

I will buy a hat and then eat it if we ever sign Bellamy. Heck, I'll eat the hat if there's even rumours we're targeting Bellamy. Seems so absurd to think we'd ever have the chance to get arguably the best coach in the last decade or so at our club.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Throw the bank at the Melbourne Storm coach...Cameron whatsisname.

Surely he'll be looking for a new job soon.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm honestly a bit on the fence with Bellamy. If this penalty clamp down continues it will be extremely interesting to see how Bellamy and the Storm respond because they do seem a prime target at the moment. It's almost like the NRL are trying to get rid of a lot of the negative play that the Storm have introduced over the past decade. Even so we could do worse, and probably will...
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’s really surprised me how slow the Storm have been to react to the penalties. It’s almost as if Bellamy has decided he’ll eat the penalties and losses for a few weeks and count on the refs not maintaining the rage. Seems to be playing chicken with the Storm season.

I thought he’d be able to change it up faster.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Same old problem here. Who exactly is going to sound out Bellamy or Green behind Ricky's back, the CEO who is best mates with the coach, or the bloke who is an 'unofficial observer/standover man' on the board who considers Ricky to be like a son?

Answers on a postage stamp please.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Woodgers wrote:Same old problem here. Who exactly is going to sound out Bellamy or Green behind Ricky's back, the CEO who is best mates with the coach, or the bloke who is an 'unofficial observer/standover man' on the board who considers Ricky to be like a son?

Your right, so somehow we need to get to the point where Stuart doesn’t believe he is the right man for the job and stands aside or moves to another role on his own volition.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

RTW wrote: April 5, 2018, 9:44 am
Woodgers wrote:Same old problem here. Who exactly is going to sound out Bellamy or Green behind Ricky's back, the CEO who is best mates with the coach, or the bloke who is an 'unofficial observer/standover man' on the board who considers Ricky to be like a son?

Your right, so somehow we need to get to the point where Stuart doesn’t believe he is the right man for the job and stands aside or moves to another role on his own volition.
That's a while away yet.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

The same guy who did it behind David Furner’s back, please

And just on the Storm, I’m relatively certain their slow start is not only to the change in the way the game is being refereed, but also to their loss of long-term origin halfback Cooper Cronk and an early injury to long-term origin fullback Billy Slater

I guarantee they’re working hard right now and they’ll adjust quicker than the Raiders do when the wind changes direction
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

I don't recall anyone doing that to Dave. I thought he got the 'look over here and save face' treatment.

Anyhow the point remains, I don't trust anyone involved at those levels to be making a stand or even contemplating stepping out of line to be as bold as to suggest a steer in the current direction. You may call that pessimistic, that's just my observation of the club for as long as i've been old enough to understand how it operates.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote:I don't recall anyone doing that to Dave. I thought he got the 'look over here and save face' treatment.

Anyhow the point remains, I don't trust anyone involved at those levels to be making a stand or even contemplating stepping out of line to be as bold as to suggest a steer in the current direction. You may call that pessimistic, that's just my observation of the club for as long as i've been old enough to understand how it operates.
I’m pretty sure they had Stuart lined up before they gave Furner the tap on the shoulder

The smoke around at the time suggested as such
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

RTW wrote: April 5, 2018, 9:44 am

Ricky needs to be pushed.
I cannot see him walking.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

I think if we lose every game this year it'll be a pretty strong indication that he needs to go. To himself and the board.

So, go Bulldogs I guess?

Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

I wonder what our board considers a pass for Ricky this year?
10 wins no spoon?
Is there any betting on first coach to get sacked?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Grün Maschine wrote: April 5, 2018, 11:05 am I wonder what our board considers a pass for Ricky this year?
10 wins no spoon?
Is there any betting on first coach to get sacked?
5 wins.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

Well they approached Stuart in 2012 when Furner was coach, so it’s possible.

In Ricky We Trust
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Brew wrote: April 5, 2018, 4:16 pm

Well they approached Stuart in 2012 when Furner was coach, so it’s possible.

I unbelieve it Brew.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Here's a very left field one - what about Bennet?

Old side mouth is obviously being phased out of Brisbane, and publicly stated he doesn't think he's signed his last contract.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Coastalraider wrote:Here's a very left field one - what about Bennet?

Old side mouth is obviously being phased out of Brisbane, and publicly stated he doesn't think he's signed his last contract.
No thanks. Past it and is a legit destroyer of clubs these days. Look at where he left Saints and Knights, plus what he’s doing to a team with all the advantages in the world.
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

Line up haters - typical

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ricky Stuart!! I’ve always been a fan, what a coach!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Fire confetti out of a cannon for him?
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I still hate him.

Even Mal Meninga got the odd win as coach

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus

Post by MS_1302 »

Standard

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Perspective please, a win against a bog ordinary outfit at home. He has along way to go to prove he is worthy to continue coaching players that wear a raiders jersey who ever the **** they may be.
This place is woke.
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus

Post by MS_1302 »

Question wrote:Perspective please, a win against a bog ordinary outfit at home. He has along way to go to prove he is worthy to continue coaching players that wear a raiders jersey who ever the **** they may be.
Ah no, the bulldogs are a very decent squad, with 3 off the bench with 40 to play, disagree we actually would have given the storm a good go tonight

CJR
Brett Mullins

Post by CJR »

Absolutely but even as average as the dogs were I just felt like those players cared about winning tonight. No complacency at all the only issue was giving away a few penalties but every side is doing that right now.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

MS_1302 wrote: April 5, 2018, 10:33 pm
Question wrote:Perspective please, a win against a bog ordinary outfit at home. He has along way to go to prove he is worthy to continue coaching players that wear a raiders jersey who ever the **** they may be.
Ah no, the bulldogs are a very decent squad, with 3 off the bench with 40 to play, disagree we actually would have given the storm a good go tonight

Part of the long road, we will see how that goes... Storm etc etc etc
This place is woke.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Sure there is a long way to go. But I think we see what happens when Sezer is the dominant half, or atleast not shuffled into hooker.