Knights 13+
28%

Total votes: 18

PJC01
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 2 V Knights: Game Day

Post by PJC01 »

I’m not going to blame the Refs or any of that **** unless they cop it bad like last week against the titans,I will say this.
This is a very mentally weak poor excuse of a bunch of players realistically they are poorly coached.
Sam Williams is not FG material why is seizer on the bench?
Let’s get rid of some of this dead wood because let’s face it we are going to be the team with the longest drought in premiership history I’d be happy to see the raiders Axed out of the Comp.

And I don’t want to hear boys are hurting I got 17 blokes crushed in there and the same Stuart Spiel,not sure if Craig Bellamy could help these misfits.

I will finish with thank god for AFL **** you raiders tonight was the last straw can not go to all the games support buy their gear and get this **** for nearly 2 years!!!!
Raiders 🖕🏽
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:
gangrenous wrote:I’m going to dissent here.

I think they played MUCH better (still some poor options, but not as many and reduced errors it felt like)

Got a right screwing from the refs with a depleted bench and injury reshuffle. Can’t get in the way of a Newcastle fairytale.

No way, can’t blame the refs or injuries. We were ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The refs were atrocious

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Ultima wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:44 pm
Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:38 pm Whitehead did well at centre and has filled in well there in the past but I'd like to see a more long term option looked at. Wighton to Centre, Cotric to fullback? Thoughts?
No.... You don't take someone who is a great winger and only 19 years old and expect them to do well at fullback... Even more so that the fullback should be organising the defence which Cotric is completely untested in... Why do you want to keep changing where we don't have problems? Our problems were in our defensive structure as a whole, our pathetic use of the bench, and our game management as a whole... Throw in our mental toughness at the current rice paper level and that's why we are losing games.... Moving the pieces around the board wont' do ****...
Weren't we just carved up by Ponga who was a star 19 year old winger last year?
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Anyone know if the after hours cleaner at raiders HQ is up for a coaching gig?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Madness is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:47 pm
Billy Walker wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:38 pm Whitehead did well at centre and has filled in well there in the past but I'd like to see a more long term option looked at. Wighton to Centre, Cotric to fullback? Thoughts?
No.... You don't take someone who is a great winger and only 19 years old and expect them to do well at fullback... Even more so that the fullback should be organising the defence which Cotric is completely untested in... Why do you want to keep changing where we don't have problems? Our problems were in our defensive structure as a whole, our pathetic use of the bench, and our game management as a whole... Throw in our mental toughness at the current rice paper level and that's why we are losing games.... Moving the pieces around the board wont' do ****...
Although I take your point - not really the issue at the moment. Defence is poor and needs fixing.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

I'll say this right now. The refs let us lay all over the ruck, all night. We must have been "forgiven" for 6+ penalties in my mind.

If you, we, or Ricky blame the refs, you are one-eyed beyond professionalism.

...and hence, part of the problem.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Refs aren't the reason we lost.

Our goal line defence, our none tackling halves and stupid dropped balls are why we lost. Someone get Papaliii fired up will they? He looks uninterested and lazy.

On the plus, i thought Lui looked good, so did Gubb and Havili.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Wighton made 181 to Ponga's 131, so no... Also a 90 year old in a mobility scooter would have carved up our defense tonight...
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Not that I think he will get moved but Cotric was an outstanding junior fullback and Ponga seems to go well there at the same age. As did Tommy Turbo and plenty more. I don't get the Cotric is too young angle at all.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

nacho wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:49 pm I'll say this right now. The refs let us lay all over the ruck, all night. We must have been "forgiven" for 6+ penalties in my mind.

Best comment I've read on here! Hard not to think there is a deep cultural problem to look for excuses and not be accountable.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Can we talk about Gubbs hairdo ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

We had the majority of the possession that game, we were 86% in handling, made more metres than the other side... Every stat leads to Raiders win, but we found a way to lose!
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

I don’t see the Cotric to 1. Argument??? He’s a winger or centre.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:52 pm Can we talk about Gubbs hairdo ?
Haha - half of me hopes for his sake that his groin injury warrants the squealing display he put on
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:
nacho wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:49 pm I'll say this right now. The refs let us lay all over the ruck, all night. We must have been "forgiven" for 6+ penalties in my mind.

Best comment I've read on here! Hard not to think there is a deep cultural problem to look for excuses and not be accountable.
Garbage. Early in the first half, yes. They were loitering in the ruck hard and were penalised fairly effectively for it.

The rest of the game was fine.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Thank God we spent the off season working on the defence.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Dusty wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:53 pm I don’t see the Cotric to 1. Argument??? He’s a winger or centre.

Would you shift him in to cover BJ?
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Heard a rumour Ricky wanted to leave before the season started but the board wanted him to stay this year till they found another coach.

Perhaps forget about training attack for the next month and train defence until this team actually learns how to do it consistently.

My hope is if it is Stewart’s last year he says “f—- it” as rips into this team!!!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ultima wrote:
Are you seriously worried about disrupting the organisation of a defensive structure that’s broken by your own admission 🧐
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Any injuries?
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

We are up against SJ next week.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

gergreg wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:55 pm Thank God we spent the off season working on the defence.
Yep. It's clearly working. We've only conceded 60 points in two weeks.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Mentally week side “led” by a mentally week “Captain”

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:34 pm That is 60 points in two games our defense has not improved at all we are still doing the exact same things wrong.
Stuart purchased three Hookers and now uses our halves as Hookers too he chop and changes our forwards that no one in the team know what they are doing.
Stuart can not coach tactically and his has no idea how to coach his team to defend.
The Raiders showed plenty when attacking but their attitude towards defending is poor the difference between Manly and Raiders attitude today is a mile long.

There is no leadership up from or by our Captain (sorry Croker but you are not a Captain).

No excuses I knew this would be a repeat of last weeks efforts.
60 POINTS IN TWO GAMES !!!!
I have to say, why on earth did we buy Garvey and Havili if Stuart doesn't see them as backup options to Hodgson?

Williams is not a premiership winning half. The odd good kick does not make up for going missing and failing to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He's a poor mans Chad Townsend.

I agree with the sentiments on Papalli. He needs to put down the fork and stop riding on form from years ago.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Raidernation wrote:Heard a rumour Ricky wanted to leave before the season started but the board wanted him to stay this year till they found another coach.

Perhaps forget about training attack for the next month and train defence until this team actually learns how to do it consistently.

My hope is if it is Stewart’s last year he says “f—- it” as rips into this team!!!
Hard to take your post seriously when you spell the Stuart’s name wrong. It would be a bit like me going in to your site and spelling Lockheed name wrong.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

How's BJ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

We played better this week if we can fix that gap/read/poor defence near the halves we are golden. I thought the sin bin and play the ball was not consistently enforced too.

How soon IS now?
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

Death, taxes and the Raiders choking. Life's great certainties.
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Cotric was born to play fullback ****! Jack had a great game tonight and Austin was somewhere ba k to his best BUT , poor roster rotation and mental capacity once again cost us the game, it the COACH WHO NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBITY!
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Our coach doesn’t do responsibility
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

NO CONFIDENCE
NO BACKBONE
NO HEART
CAN'T DEFEND
STUART NO IDEA TACTICALLY
STUART NO IDEA GAME MANAGEMENT
STUART TO SCARED OR DROP ANYONE OR COME DOWN HARD
STUART WILL HAVE EXACT SAME LINEUP FOR ROUND 3
NOTHING WILL CHANGE
SAME AS 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013.........................
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:Thank God we spent the off season working on the defence.
Would of been 60-30 if we didn't
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Same ole rubbish! Criticised for not managing the game last week, this week they started trying to close the game down with 20mins to go. The good teams might be able to defend a 2 pt lead but the Raider's porous defence, particularly on their right side, had no chance. At least Austin had a real crack.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

edwahu wrote: March 18, 2018, 7:39 pm What is so hard for us defensively? Is it attitude or coached? It seems to infect everyone that plays for us.
When you look at what lets us down. Coordination, Line speed, Ruck control, Kick pressure, Cover defence. These are all attitude problems IMO.

We demonstrate an ability to turn up for each other and scrap on every play here and there but we lack the 80 minute attitude. We have never had it under Sticky and we aren't good enough anymore to win while playing for significantly less than 80.