Matt's Match-ups 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Matt's Match-ups 2018

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:48 am It is these kinds of decisions that led to the push for the Bunker, Matt :) "GE, we have a TRYING decision, can you check Matt for rules obstruction, please. Can you also check his grounding on this decision, please"
:lol:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

dubby wrote: July 20, 2018, 12:57 pm .Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 20, 2018, 11:55 am Joel Thompson has scored more tries than Taumalolo this season. Clearly the superior player.
Given they play different positions, and more importantly, they do not play for the Raiders, its unlikely Id ever have them in Matts Matchups.
However, If in some bizarre world, Thommo returned or even cooler, Lolo was playing for us. If Lolo was 1 game back from a month off footy, Thommo would win (assuming he wasnt returning from injury/ suspension too).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

BTW, if Eddy's try scoring pattern for the season continues, he will get at least 1 tonight, but he is due a double.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Now I'm curious - how would a fit and firing Glen Buttriss have gone against Cam Smith a week back from injury?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:48 am It is these kinds of decisions that led to the push for the Bunker, Matt :) "GE, we have a TRYING decision, can you check Matt for rules obstruction, please. Can you also check his grounding on this decision, please"
The General says...

Jordan Rapana EVERY TIME!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I love how Matt’s Match-ups is every week, TBH. Phil Rothfield, Paul Kent and every journalist at The Daily Telegraph just sit back in awe at how controversial it is! :)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Anyone still think Eddys form is bad?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Rapanas gave him a statistical bath last week, and a physical bath this week

But your bed..
Krypto
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: All of them

Post by Krypto »

Matt wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:42 pm Anyone still think Eddys form is bad?
His form has been good but Rapana is better and outplayed him as expected tonight.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt’s Match-ups Rd 20: Raiders V Storm

Storm V Raiders

Billy Slater 1. Brad Abbey
Suliasi Vunivalu 2. Michael Oldfield
Will Chambers 3. Nick Cotric
Curtis Scott 4. Joseph Leilua
Josh Addo-Carr 5. Jordan Rapana
Cameron Munster 6. Blake Austin
Jahrome Hughes 7. Sam Williams
Jesse Bromwich 8. Dunamis Lui
Cameron Smith © 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Nelson Asofa-Solomona 10. Junior Paulo
Felise Kaufusi 11. Joseph Tapine
Ryan Hoffman 12. Elliott Whitehead
Dale Finucane 13. Josh Papalii

Interchange
Kenneath Bromwich 14. Liam Knight
Tim Glasby 15. Luke Bateman
Christian Welch 16. Siliva Havili
Joe Stimson 17. Sia Soliola

Extended Bench
Tui Kamikamica 18. Jack Murchie
Brodie Croft 19. Makahesi Makatoa
Cheyse Blair 20. Royce Hunt
Albert Vete 21. Emre Guler

(Bolded players are the winners of the skin. The extended bench is excluded.)

Match-ups:

Fullbacks:
Brad Abbey’s time in green has been a real roller coaster. He was good in the first half versus the Broncos, only to be knocked out in the second. He missed a week for concussion protocol then returned against the Sharks, where he was okay in the first half, but caught a case of the ‘dropsies’, rather than the ball in the second half. Billy Slater wins the skin on form, via the Milford rule and via the Origin retirement party protocol.

Wingers:
Josh Addo-Carr is suffering a bit of ‘Origin hangover’ in my opinion. Since being selected he hasn’t been as free flowing and dangerous. He was good for the Blues, but I believe his performances got gradually worse over the three games. Jordan Rapana may have been held back due to the injury rule last week, but after two stellar performances, it’s too had to pass him up this week.

Like Abbey, Micheal Oldfield has had a mixed few games in green. He started well on the wing, bagged a hat trick a fortnight ago. But last week in the centres his defence was truly tested and found wanting. He also suffered a knee injury late in the game, but stayed out there. He made a couple of errors late too, which didn’t help. Suliasi Vunivalu didn’t start the year as the try scoring machine he has been in the past two seasons. However, during the Origin period, with his wingman Addo-Carr on duty, he has had to step up. His mojo has returned, scoring five tries in the six games during this period.

Centres:
I think Curtis Scott is going to be a very good player. He has struggled a little without the free flowing ball play of previous seasons from the Storm. He has also proven that he can be baited by players too, with Dylan Walker. Joseph Leilua had one of his best games of the season last week. He scored a double and won Fans’ Choice for the week, easy skin.

Will Chambers was the bench mark centre in previous seasons. He has been a main stay in the Origin and Australian side for a couple of seasons. He is averaging 98m from 11 carries, and 15 tackles a game. He only has 3 tries and two assists in 2018, which could be another reason why Vunivalu hasn’t been as successful this year. I believe Chambers has been solid in 2018, but I’m not convinced he is the benchmark anymore. I believe it’s a week too late, but I’m very excited to see Nick Cotric at centre, filling Croker’s shoes this week. While I believe Ricky Stuart likes the safe and solid defensive game Cotric brings at fullback, defusing kicks and last line of defense, he isn’t sold on his link work in attack. This is why we saw Rapana doing that against the Cowboys. Cotric’s strength is his ball running, especially with his fend, footwork at the line and speed to break the line.

Halves:
This is a strange set of halves in this contest, but let’s start with the home side. The Storm are running with two guys who have played more fullback than five-eighth, Cameron Munster and Jahrome Hughes, even if one of them is now the Queensland Origin five-eighth. The less experienced of this odd couple has ousted the more likely halves options at the club, and the Storm have a winning record with him.

As for the Raiders pair, Blake Austin has only just returned to a starting halves role. He is off to the ESL because of poor performances in 2017 and especially 2018. Which brings us to lucky number four, Sam Williams, who has been in and out of first grade, and in and out of the club. I thought Sam Williams was very good last week, but as is career suggests, consistency is his issue.

So, we are going to run with winning pair.

Prop:
Jesse Bromwich hasn’t had the happiest of seasons, only playing 11 games this year. However, in the last couple of weeks he has turned back the clock and punched out some serious numbers: 138m and 28 tackles versus the Warriors and 169m and 27 tackles versus the Sea Eagles. Dunamis Lui had a night to forget against the Sharks, which is sad because he has been building into some reasonable form this season.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been one of the best props all year. His numbers don’t looks as impressive as you might think, but its they way he makes his 98m from 10 carries a game, with 2.8 tackle busts and 21 tackles, that’s impressive. Junior Paulo has been underwhelming all year.

I like what little I’ve seen of Liam Knight this year, but we simply aren’t seeing enough of him to make a judgment call at this stage. I don’t think Kenny Bromwich has improved nearly as much as I expected, or how he should have, but he is still playing good minutes at a premiership threat.

Tim Glasby is an Origin prop who averages 83m and 25 tackles a game, mostly from the bench. However, he has run for over 100m in two of his past three games. Luke Bateman averages 72m and 31 tackles a game. While I think I would be expecting more of an Origin player, his recent form has been better than his 2018 averages.

Christian Welch has been a big part of the Storm this year and is an under rated player. He has had to step up on numerous occasions to cover for the likes of Bromwich and Glasby. However, with the returns of both these players he has seen his minutes reduced greatly, and thus his form has too. Sivila Havili has made a reasonable fist of his move to the middle third. His past three games have yielded 184m run and 60 tackles, which is pretty good for a guy who is supposed to be a hooker.

Hooker/utility:
How much better can this contest be? Both are captains, both are their team’s general, both dictate terms to their opposition on a weekly basis, and both are in scintillating form. These are the two best hookers in the world. No way am I sticking my neck out on this one, just sit back and enjoy what happens.

Backrow:
Joseph Tapine is back from a two week suspension, thus Felise Kaufusi gets an easy skin, though I think he probably could win it in his own right.

Josh Papalii has staved off all comers in recent weeks. He is one of the form players in the competition, not just his position, and Dale Funicane is only just back from injury anyway.

Ryan Hoffman is definitely ‘on his last legs’ as a professional footballer. However, he is still as reliable as ever. He has played 17 games this season, averaging 98m from 11 carries and 25 tackles. Elliott Whitehead averages 89m from 10 carries and 31 tackles, and that doesn’t describe the effort he puts in week in week out. I’m pretty sure Whitehead is actually only a 50-60 minute player, however he is too stubborn not to keep going.

Result
The tally is Storm 10 and Raiders six with a draw between the captains. The skins are a good reflection of the ladder position. The Raiders probably saw their season evaporate last week, while the Storm moved into top spot. It’s the Storm, in Melbourne, gunning for another title, expect a blood bath!

Result: Storm by a cricket score (by 20-24).

Plus follow The Greenhouse on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

cotric debuting in the centres beats will chambers current origin centre.
not sure why I opened this thread tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

@matt
What were your thoughts on this matchup?

Stimson only managed 8mins last week.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

zim wrote:@matt
What were your thoughts on this matchup?

Stimson only managed 8mins last week.
They were 8 of the best minutes you'll ever see
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

The reality is we shouldn't be winning any skins.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Nice summary Matt, but I bet Curtis Scott doesn't throw one at BJ. Just sayin'. I'd like to put in a word for Sam Williams. I thought he had a fine game last week. In fact since he has been back in FG following injury, he has done his job well. Hughes is a good young talent, but I think Sam would have shaded him on performance last week.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt’s Match-ups Rd 21: Raiders V Panthers

Panthers V Raiders

Tyrone Peachey 1. Nick Cotric
Josh Mansour 2. Brad Abbey
Waqa Blake 3. Blake Austin
Dean Whare 4. Joseph Leilua
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 5. Jordan Rapana
James Maloney © 6. Aidan Sezer
Nathan Cleary 7. Sam Williams
Moses Leota 8. Sia Soliola
Sione Katoa 9. Josh Hodgson ©
James Tamou 10. Junior Paulo
Viliame Kikau 11. Joseph Tapine
Isaah Yeo 12. Elliott Whitehead
James Fisher-Harris 13. Josh Papalii

Interchange
#Jack Hetherington 16 vs 14. Dunamis Lui
Trent Merrin 15. Shannon Boyd
#Tyrone May 14. vs 16. Siliva Havili
Corey Harawira-Naera 17. Luke Bateman

Extended Bench
Regan Campbell-Gillard 18. Liam Knight
Kaide Ellis 19. Jack Murchie
Christian Crichton 20. Makahesi Makatoa
Wayde Egan 21. Emre Guler

# - I’ve manipulated the bench to compare like positions (both are a mess this week).

Match-ups:

Fullbacks:
I think Nick Cotric has a massive future in the NRL, however, I don’t believe it’s going to be at fullback. On the weekend, Cotric didn’t pass the ball once. So the Storm defenders started lining him up. First Welch tried to get him and just missed, then on the next set Munster belted him. The modern fullback must provide something in attack, and he doesn’t. Rapana ran the attacking plays in previous games. If he is going to do that, he may as well be the fullback full time - even if that means switching Cotric to partner Leilua. He has been really good on the edges, because he is a great finisher and can beat a player one on one. You don’t do too much of that from fullback. He is also a very solid defender, so filling Croker’s shoes at centre makes too much sense… well, to me at least.

Even though Tyrone Peachey is named at fullback, I feel Anthony Griffin may pull another of his team reshuffles; as you can mix and match that entire Penrith back five. While the start of his game last week was a little suspect, in the second half he was electric. He was a major contributor to the Panthers' huge come from behind win.

Wingers:
Brad Abbey is playing on the Raiders' wing this week out of necessity, as they have no other backs left standing. I was impressed with him in his first couple of NRL games, but the errors have kept coming, and he now has the yips. Josh Mansour is only a couple of games back from injury, but he got back over the stripe last week.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is also only a couple of games back from injury. I think he did a stellar job at fullback prior to his injury, but Jordan Rapana continues to be one of the best wingers in the game - even if he has spent too many minutes in the sin bin this year.

Centres:
I really hope Waqa Blake doesn’t line up against Blake Austin. Waqa Blake has been in scintillating form since returning from injury about a month ago. He is probably the form centre in the competition at the moment, and while he can make any defender look bad, he could well make a bad defender look like he's not there. That is a little terrifying. Blake Austin’s other stint at centre this year was actually pretty good and I hope he can channel that again this week. I for one, would have played Cotric at centre and Austin at fullback.

Dean Whare is a superstar defensive centre and has a decent hit list highlight reel this year. However, he can’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag with ball in hand. Joey Leilua has well and truly replicated his career form line in recent weeks - rocks and diamonds - but he is a game breaker and gets an easy win.

Halves:
This is a no contest. It is not as easy to pick as the previous encounter, as James Maloney has been battling a toe injury, while Aidan Sezer returns from a hamstring injury. Maloney has stayed on the field, and had a much better year, so the skin is his.

I have been impressed with Sam Williams general play kicking and his goal kicking in recent weeks, however, his passing game last week was poor. He served up quite a few ‘hospital passes’ against the Storm. Blake Austin, was on the receiving end of one and let him know about it. Nathan Cleary has had to step up with Maloney struggling, and he got them home last week. The Raiders' halves can’t get them home in a tight one, but the Panthers pair can win from a position where the game looks lost.

Prop:
Sia Soliola will probably be happy to return to the middle of the field after stints in the back row and at centre, where he turned the clock back around a decade. Soliola has been very consistent this season, and while he isn’t a ‘needle mover’, every team needs a player like him. I like Moses Leota as a player, he looks a real goer, but at this stage there's not enough to suggest he should win this skin.

Junior Paulo has been poor all year, while James Tamou has been performing well and statistically better than his "almost Blues" teammate Regan Campbell-Gillard, even prior to the jaw injury. This skin is an easy call.

Shannon Boyd is returning from a long term injury, so even a struggling Trent Merrin gets an easy skin.

Jack Hetherington is the son of former Raiders player Brett Hetherington. He has been a good find for the Panthers this season, and has been contributing well during the middle period of games. However, with their bench rotation and a couple of more senior players returning, his minutes have dropped off a little in recent weeks. With Regan Campbell-Gillard named on the extended bench, and a full week to recover, it could well be him missing out this week. Dunamis Lui has been a little up and down in recent weeks, but over the course of the season he is statistically better and that will save him this week.

Hooker/utility:
Sione Katoa is a very good young hooker, and really has a very similar playing style to that of Siliva Havili. Katoa is probably the better long term prospect at hooker. However, this week he is up against Josh Hodgson, who has been the Raiders best player, but a mile, since retaking the field. No contest.

Tyrone May has only played a couple of games this year, a couple at five-eighth, where he was reasonably good, then a couple from the bench with low minutes. Hard to really get a form line. Siliva Havili impressed at hooker this year, and now is impressing me as a running middle forward. I still think his named has to be up there as a ‘2018 buy of the year’ contender.

Backrow:
I really like James Fisher-Harris as a player. In fact, I'd like to think the Raiders would chase his signature. However, Josh Papalii is still one of the form forwards in the competition at the moment.

Viliame Kikau is a devastating ball runner, who I really hope isn’t paired with Waqa Blake opposite Austin. That could well be carnage. Kikau would be up there as one of the NRL backrowers of the year too, continuing his form from the World Cup last year. I like Joseph Tapine, and what he brings to our side, but he hasn’t been a game breaker and has a suspension in his game. We need our players to be smarter than that.

In previous years I might have said Isaah Yeo is a poor man’s Elliott Whitehead, however, this season he has been an unsung hero for the Panthers. He has actually been shifting to lock, something Whitehead did at the back end of 2017, to accommodate Kikau on one edge and Corey Harawira-Naera on the other. Like Whitehead, he is more than capable of the defensive workload too. I thought Whitehead was very good up until the Origin period, however, like our season, his form has slipped away a little.

Corey Harawira-Naera has six tries and one assist this year. He averages 68m from seven carries and 21 tackles a game, mostly from the bench, on an edge. He looks dangerous carrying the ball too. This is far more valuable than the 69m from 8 carries and 30 tackles in the middle from Luke Bateman.

Result
The tally is Panthers 10 and Raiders seven. The Panthers might have looked less than compelling in recent weeks, however, they are still in the title race, while the Raiders aren’t. They are also starting to get their troops back on deck. I suspect with nothing to play for the Raiders, and lots to play for, for the Panthers, the score line will reflect this.

Result: Panthers in a rout (by 16-20).

Plus follow The Greenhouse on Facebook: The Greenhouse Forum and Twitter: @TheGHRaiders
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I agree with Matt’s matchups this week. Think he’s right on the money.

Very disappointed
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: August 1, 2018, 5:25 pm I agree with Matt’s matchups this week. Think he’s right on the money.

Very disappointed
Sorry to disappoint
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're all disappointed! ;) :D
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Well, that's everything wrapped up into a neat little package.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

did Whitehead kill your cat??? Yeo is a bum

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Matt’s being a bit harsh on Whitehead lately.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: August 2, 2018, 8:35 am Matt’s being a bit harsh on Whitehead lately.
He beat Hoff last wk. What are you talking about?!?!? :P
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

bonehead wrote: August 2, 2018, 6:35 am did Whitehead kill your cat??? Yeo is a bum

Keep stirring...
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Matt wrote:
bonehead wrote: August 2, 2018, 6:35 am did Whitehead kill your cat??? Yeo is a bum

Keep stirring...
I'm dead serious, Yeo is massively overrated, he's just versatile that's all.

He's the type of nuffy we make look good.

Edrick The Entertainer
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

bonehead wrote: August 2, 2018, 12:25 pm
Matt wrote:

Keep stirring...
I'm dead serious, Yeo is massively overrated, he's just versatile that's all.

He's the type of nuffy we make look good.

He has looked pretty good this yr for them.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I like Yeo as a player Matt, but better than English International Whitehead... I don't think so. I thought it might be too soon for Mansour following your 'return from injury' rule until I saw who he was matched against. You are correct on that one Matt.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Matt’s Match-ups Rd 22: Raiders V Wests Tigers

Tigers V Raiders

Moses Mbye 1. Nick Cotric
David Nofoluma 2. Brad Abbey
Esan Marsters 3. Blake Austin
Kevin Naiqama 4. Joseph Leilua
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 5. Jordan Rapana
Benji Marshall © 6. Aidan Sezer
Luke Brooks 7. Sam Williams
Russell Packer 8. Sia Soliola
Robbie Farah 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Ben Matulino 10. Junior Paulo
Michael Chee-Kam 11. Joseph Tapine
Luke Garner 12. Elliott Whitehead
Elijah Taylor 13. Josh Papalii

Interchange
Alex Twal 14. Dunamis Lui
Sauaso Sue 15. Shannon Boyd
Robbie Rochow 16. Siliva Havili
Matthew Eisenhuth 17. Luke Bateman

Extended Bench
Jacob Liddle 18. Liam Knight
Chris McQueen 19. Jack Murchie
Tyson Gamble 20. Makahesi Makatoa
Mahe Fonua 21. Emre Guler

Match-ups:

Fullbacks:
I have written enough about Nick Cotric this week. Moses Mbye was very good for the Bulldogs at fullback this year. Since his move to the Tigers there have been some ‘growing pains’, but he has still been solid. He hasn’t been as involved in attack, as the Tigers have plenty of creative players, unlike the Dogs, but he is still running for plenty of metres. This is a really tight one, but I’ll give it to Mbye, as his overall season form is better.

Wingers:
Brad Abbey was better last week, but is still only playing out of necessity. David Nofoluma continues to make massive metres week in week out. This is a no contest.

Jordan Rapana faced off against Dallin Watene-Zelezniak last week, and now faces his brother Malakai this week. It’s a no contest too, Rapana scores tries and makes huge metres.

Centres:
I must admit, I barely noticed Blake Austin in last week’s game, yet he tallied 106m run. He faces off against Kiwi international centre Esan Marsters. Marsters has been one of the form centres all year, and kicks goals too.

Joseph Leilua has been in ridiculous form over the past three or four weeks, and grabbed himself a hat-trick against the Panthers. Kevin Naiqama has played reasonable footy this year, but finds himself off to the ESL next year.

Halves:
It’s nice to know that both Sam Williams and Aidan Sezer can both kick a field goal, and goals, both managing to do it this year. However, game management, especially in close games, hasn’t been their forte. They also haven’t steered the Raiders to a victory over a top eight side.

The Tigers on the other hand have the opposite problem. Luke Brooks and Benji Marshall can beat top eight sides, but not bottom eight sides. They managed to beat a resurgent Knights, who lost Mitchell Pearce to a cork injury early in the second half. The Tigers also have two more wins than the Raiders, and while their form personally is a little indifferent, their team is travelling better.

Prop:
Sia Soliola will be up against try sneak Russell Packer this week. Packer broke a long try drought last week, then nearly doubled soon after. On this slim margin, he gets a skin.

Junior Paulo has been poor all year, but Ben Matalino hasn’t been much better. The difference between the two this week, is that Matalino makes nine more tackles a game, making him more productive in what is the most statistically driven position in the game.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the way the Tigers are using Alex Twal lately, but his output is way down on his early season form. He seems to have slipped behind Sauaso Sue in the middle third rotation. In the last month he has been making about 20 tackles, but his metres gained are more around the 50-60 mark. It was revealed today that Dunamis Lui signed a new Raiders contract, a three year deal. In the last three rounds he has missed 10 tackles, which is a serious worry for the Raiders' middle third defence. That’s not good enough, and loses him the skin.

Upon his return from a long term injury, Shannon Boyd did very little, 36m and 14 tackles. Sauaso Sue on the other hand has come off the bench for the Tigers and punched out four consecutive 100m plus games. He is certainly giving the Tigers impact off the bench.

Hooker/utility:
Robbie Farah has been an experienced head since returning to the Tigers and filled a massive hole in their starting 17. However, Josh Hodgson has been a top three hooker in the NRL since returning.

Backrow:
I suspect Elijah Taylor will actually revert to the edge as he did last week, to start the game. These days he is little more than a tackle monkey. Josh Papalii is still one of the form forwards in the competition.

Joseph Tapine will eat former Raiders junior Micheal Chee-Kam for breakfast. Tapine was a beast last week against the Panthers. Chee-Kam has been quite dynamic in attack for the Tigers, but his defence is suspect.

Elliott Whitehead faces off against Tigers 2018 rookie Luke Garner. Garner has been okay, but Whitehead is an international rugby league player.

Robbie Rochow hasn’t played NRL level in over a month, so Siliva Havili wins an easy skin.

Like Taylor, I suspect Matthew Eisenhuth will actually be reshuffled to start at lock on game day, given what has happened for the majority of the year. He is one of the better young players in the competition at the moment, and a very promising young middle forward. His impact on a game far outweighs what Luke Bateman brings.

Result
The tally is Tigers 10 and Raiders 7. The Raiders have been poor, infuriating, in the last fortnight. While the recent record has been all Raiders, these sorts of records are just waiting to be broken. I think this is the week it happens.

Result: Tigers to inflict another close loss (by 1-6).

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Never forget.
Matt wrote: July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 8, 2018, 6:40 pm Never forget.
Matt wrote: July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Seems a random week to post this, but ok
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'd have Nick Cotric over Moses Mbye in any position on the field, any day!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2018, 6:47 pm I'd have Nick Cotric over Moses Mbye in any position on the field, any day!
In the spine, I want Mybe (well... maybe not at his apparent price tag though).
Any other, sure.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If Nic Cotric stipulated he HAS to play fullback and no other position ever, the tigers would trade Mybe for Cotric every day of the week and three times on Sunday.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:58 pm If Nic Cotric stipulated he HAS to play fullback and no other position ever, the tigers would trade Mybe for Cotric every day of the week and three times on Sunday.
:roflmao
Not on what they are paying him