Win breakfast for two at Idelic Kingston

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tell us your favourite Raiders moment... and you can win breakfast for two at Idelic Kingston

To celebrate the kick off of the Raiders 2018 season, Idelic Cafe at Kingston is offering a breakfast for two to the value of $50 for posters at The Greenhouse! All you have to do is post in this thread and name your favourite Raiders moment... and tell us why it is. We will also be opening up this contest to the members of the new GH Facebook group.

This competition is open to brand new members of The Greenhouse... if you're not a member yet, sign up now! This explains how to register: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3461 It's simple!

Idelic is a great place for coffee, breakfast and lunch in one of the best places for eating in Canberra - the inner south Canberra suburbs of Kingston/Manuka. And another reason to go there is that owner Tom is a big Canberra Raiders fan!

Find out more about Idelic here: http://idelic.com.au/ Or follow them on Instagram: @ideliccafe Or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Idelic-Cafe-Ca ... 039936185/

You can find them at Giles St, Kingston. They're open for breakfast and lunch Monday to Saturday.

The winning story will be selected by an appointed moderator of The Greenhouse. We will announce the winner in the week leading up to the Round 3 clash with the Warriors. Even if you don't live in Canberra... but are planning a visit for a Raiders game, you can kick off your weekend with free breakfast!

And if you're another local business that would like us to give things away... and promote your business... we'd love to hear from you!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Win breakfast for two at Idelic Kingston

Post by greeneyed »

Entries on The GH Facebook Group leaving the forum a bit behind!

Here are the entries there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987 ... 143277807/

This is a selection:
John Ferguson's try in the 1989 Grand Final. Beating several Tigers including Andy Currier twice, to score and keep the game alive for the Raiders. Everyone talks about Steve Jackson's try in the same game. But Ferguson's try was much more important.
Big Mal's intercept try in the 94 GF. Topped off a great game and a great career.
Kick and chase by Mullins... kick and chase again by Mullins... this'll be a miracle... OHHHH!! IT IS A MIRACLE!!!
1982. Round 8, first ever win, a super exciting 12-11 victory over Newtown at Seiffert. This put us on the map, and was such a thrill for the packed crowd of about 10,000. Great atmosphere. Also, future Raiders greats, Chicka and Dean Lance, were playing for Newtown.
I thought our pre-game event before the Storm Grand Final Qualifier was a special moment - so many success starved Raiders faithful gathered and enjoying the ride - despite losing the game that pre-match event was legendary.
Being at the game when it snowed... need a hot breakfast to warm up.
So time enter... can win it if you're not in it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don’t forget our competition where you can win a free breakfast for two to the value of $50 thanks to Idelic at Kingston. We’ve opened entries up on our Instagram and Twitter feed as well... you have to be in it to win it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@perlarray on Twitter

Thats a hard one! But my favorite and most burned-in-memory moment was the Laurie Daley try in the 1994 Grand Final. I remember the whole neighborhood screaming in joy after Daley ran 50m to score in the corner! The excitement and noise around the neighborhood was palpable.

https://twitter.com/perlarray/status/973448492424118272
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Michael Sebo on The GH Facebook Group

My favourite moment of all time was Alan Tongue’s 200th game. I had a ticket in the special bay where we all got orange wigs, fanta and twisties. Tonguie came and celebrated with us post match. I have subsequently known Tonguie on a more personal level post football and he still has the heart and passion I have for this great club.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Mine would have to be the ANZAC game against the Tigers in 2016. Before then, I had never been to a Raiders home game, so this was like Mecca to me. It was amazing to see a stadium where Lime Green was the dominant colour for a change. We took the in laws down as well and made a long weekend road trip out of it.

Before kickoff, I got a text from my cousin, saying he would be at the game, and he’ll try and catch up afterwards. We were seated behind the players tunnel, and during the game, I noticed a guy who looked like my cousin standing in the tunnel. To test if it was him, I sent him a message asking where he was sitting. I stared at this guy, as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. A few minutes later I got a buzz back. My cousin said he was in the tunnel and I should make my way down after the game.

So we all know the shellacking we gave the Tigers that day. I rushed down to see my cousin, and he told me about the legends thing that happened after the game. I told him I wasn’t a member, and he snuck me, Mrs Fui and the in laws in. I fanboid hard. Mrs Fui was telling me I had to get photos, but I froze. I thought I didn’t want to bother these guys, leave them talk. Anyway, the Mrs said I needed to get a photo with someone, how about Austin. I couldn’t move. The Mrs asked Blake if she could get a photo, when he agreed, she pushed me into the photo and snapped it.

That, paired with my first home game, and the score made this one of those “I could die tonight, and be happy” moments.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Great story Fui!

*Noting I'm not the judge!
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jackie Boi

Post by Sleek the Elite »

Fui for the win. Since when do facebook and twitter entries count?

Fair dinkum, what have you done to this place, GE?

The new format for the forum resembles our start to the season.

It's hideous.
Forum members with gravitas: greeneyed, Seiffert82, dubby.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

This comp is closing this week. So jump in now!
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins

I'm calling it now.

Hong Kong Fui wins. He's bolted in. There are no other legit entries.

If Fui doesn't get it there should be an inquiry.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

nah he wrote "dominate" instead of "dominant"

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 18, 2018, 5:01 pm Mine would have to be the ANZAC game against the Tigers in 2016. Before then, I had never been to a Raiders home game, so this was like Mecca to me. It was amazing to see a stadium where Lime Green was the dominant colour for a change. We took the in laws down as well and made a long weekend road trip out of it.

Before kickoff, I got a text from my cousin, saying he would be at the game, and he’ll try and catch up afterwards. We were seated behind the players tunnel, and during the game, I noticed a guy who looked like my cousin standing in the tunnel. To test if it was him, I sent him a message asking where he was sitting. I stared at this guy, as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. A few minutes later I got a buzz back. My cousin said he was in the tunnel and I should make my way down after the game.

So we all know the shellacking we gave the Tigers that day. I rushed down to see my cousin, and he told me about the legends thing that happened after the game. I told him I wasn’t a member, and he snuck me, Mrs Fui and the in laws in. I fanboid hard. Mrs Fui was telling me I had to get photos, but I froze. I thought I didn’t want to bother these guys, leave them talk. Anyway, the Mrs said I needed to get a photo with someone, how about Austin. I couldn’t move. The Mrs asked Blake if she could get a photo, when he agreed, she pushed me into the photo and snapped it.

That, paired with my first home game, and the score made this one of those “I could die tonight, and be happy” moments.

Thanks to GD for agreeing to judge this competition... and here's the result...

Congratulations to Fui! You have won the prize! PM me and I'll let you know what you need to do to take up the offer. Hopefully you will be making your way to Canberra at some stage this year!
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins

Fair dinkum, getting them to hand over the sausage and latte to Fui has been like extracting wisdom teeth.

The poor bloke could have starved to death before they announced him as the winner.

I think an extra special breakfast is in order when Fui fronts to collect his winnings.

EDIT
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Awesome! Thanks guys

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Man, Idelic was good! Had the house made sausages. Great way to start the Canberra road trip.

Now I just need the rain to stay away tonight!

Nickman's love of NSW
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Excellent, I'm sure Tom and co. looked after you well!