Green Machine Podcast 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Green Machine Podcast 2018

Post by SOULS 04 »

We are back for another year. We hope you'll join us on the ride again this year. Go the Raiders

Episode 61 - Positive Negatives

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... -negatives
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Green Machine Podcast 2018

Post by zim »

After legends most recent inspiring post I can't wait. Jokes, I'm totally listening.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Sorry to hear about your foot legend.
Signed it for you though so all should be well:

This off season I got stung by a wasp for the first time and couldn't feel my left arm, chest or left side of my face but I pulled through ok too :).

Sorry to hear of your friend passing Soulsy. Hope you're being proactive with your own depression. I know for me a mate going through the same issues tends to magnify my own problems. My close mates wife (26) was just diagnosed with the same brain cancer my father recently died of. You've probably heard this a million times but make sure you're talking to people and not internalising everything.

On to the footy:
I think the boys need to look at some footage of ET. You could punch that man in the face and stamp on his crotch and he would still get up and play the ball like nothing happened. Perfect example of the game played hard at a high level but within the rules.
The Storm were not perfect. Not even close. Go back and watch the replay. There were so many wayward passes. Cam Smith alone threw no less than 4 passes that just hit the ground. If that happened in our trial posters on the board would be in hysterics.
Many things were stuffed up but they were against a below average side that traveled across the world to play a fresh NRL side. They will be a dangerous side but they are not a premiership threat this year. Their young guys will falter as the season goes on. Croft doesn't have a full season in him.

I think the man you guys need to be worried about is Paulo. He's in a contract year and doesn't look like he's putting in. Paps and BJ have at least slimmed down since coming back from the world cup and neither of them are worried about a contract; Paps because he's a Raider's paragon and BJ because he has a deal locked in.

"I think we're in the bottom 3." What a EDIT (affectionately). Look at our draw Legend. Look at the improved depth we have in the forwards. We're an 8 side if we want it.
As Soulsy said Boyd is switched on this preseason.
I agree that Cotters will play origin and there's nothing in the trial or pre-season that says otherwise. He actually looks like he's fitter this year than last.
legend
Simon Woolford

Post by legend »

Unless our halves make a massive step up, I don't see us competing and being consistent. There's going to be more infuriating, heart breaking losses and bonehead plays by the usual suspects. Stuart will trot out the line we are a young team still learning how to stay in the fight for 80 minutes and blah, blah, blah!

This is his fifth year in charge and if we miss the finals he's running at one in five making the finals. Not a record to be proud of IMO.

I hate sounding like a broken record but it feels like groundhog day every year with the Raiders...
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

legend wrote: February 21, 2018, 7:41 am Unless our halves make a massive step up, I don't see us competing and being consistent. There's going to be more infuriating, heart breaking losses and bonehead plays by the usual suspects. Stuart will trot out the line we are a young team still learning how to stay in the fight for 80 minutes and blah, blah, blah!

This is his fifth year in charge and if we miss the finals he's running at one in five making the finals. Not a record to be proud of IMO.

I hate sounding like a broken record but it feels like groundhog day every year with the Raiders...
Agree on that. If we don't make the 8 this year it's time for a new coach.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Good pod guys, I'll keep listening this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ditto
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... -and-juice

The Magic and Juice Show has arrived.
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

Also thanks for the feedback on the season preview pod. I havent checked in here since i posted. But its good that footy season is rolling again now. Cant wait.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

SOULS 04 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... -and-juice

Looking forward to hearing it again lads!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

SOULS 04 wrote: March 6, 2018, 9:54 pm https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... -and-juice

Addo-Carr was born in the exotic locale of Blacktown, Sydney. The problem with picking him and Cotric for origin is they both play on the left wing. Cotric's defence is far better than Addo-Carr's so it depends on whether you want all out attack or some sort of balance.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Does Legend ever watch the games? ;) :P
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have to say... I have the podcast on the sound bar... and NRL 360 muted on the TV screen.

It is weird listening to Mike, while watching Ben Ikin "speaking" but muted on the screen!
Not_Easy_Being_Green
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Not_Easy_Being_Green »

When's the next episode coming out fellas?
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Not_Easy_Being_Green wrote:When's the next episode coming out fellas?
I saw a post on their Facebook page that they had technical difficulties so there won’t be one this week.
Shame cause I was looking forward to it after that performance for a laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I assume the technical difficulties were that legend juice swore so much the equipment broke...
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

This week should be a juicy podcast. a lot of swearing expected!! Haha
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Another cracker Soulsey, The Mike1 and Matt show worked well! ;)
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Great episode guys. Bang on with pretty much everything you covered.
Although it did seem a bit unbalanced with a guest on that actually watches the game and can work a phone :).
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

zim wrote: March 21, 2018, 1:12 pm Great episode guys. Bang on with pretty much everything you covered.
Although it did seem a bit unbalanced with a guest on that actually watches the game and can work a phone :).
:clap:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

What is this from Mike2?! We get no podcast last week and 5 mins from him this week! The listeners demand the vitriol from Mike2 that the opening to the season deserves.

Otherwise enjoyed as usual. Agree with most things you say, except that Jack Wighton is a fullback.

#FlickRick
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: March 21, 2018, 10:06 am Another cracker Soulsey, The Mike1 and Matt show worked well! ;)
Cheers CR
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

zim wrote: March 21, 2018, 1:12 pm Great episode guys. Bang on with pretty much everything you covered.
Worked really hard on my phone skills in the offseason. It was tough, but that hard work is already paying off... :roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Matty, I think you did a superb job after Mickey J staged his dramatic walkout
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

The Nickman wrote: March 22, 2018, 8:41 am Matty, I think you did a superb job after Mickey J staged his dramatic walkout
Cheers.
Apologies for lack of cannon references.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Matt wrote: March 22, 2018, 1:30 pm
The Nickman wrote: March 22, 2018, 8:41 am Matty, I think you did a superb job after Mickey J staged his dramatic walkout
Cheers.
Apologies for lack of EDIT references.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote:
Cheers.
Apologies for lack of cannon references.
Ooooh, you said the c word on the forum!
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

ah man i only just read the comments from last weeks. Had a good laugh. Should've read them out on the pod. But didn't.

Green Machine Podcast - Episode 65 - Troboyavitchnshdjdeld
is now available at
https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... hnshdjdeld
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

SOULS 04 wrote: March 27, 2018, 10:21 pm ah man i only just read the comments from last weeks. Had a good laugh. Should've read them out on the pod. But didn't.

Green Machine Podcast - Episode 65 - Troboyavitchnshdjdeld
is now available at
https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... hnshdjdeld
Another cracking pod boys. Even while our team play like a bunch of busted arses, I still love the Wednesday morning drive to work to 'share' the frustrations of being a raiders fan.

One note though - Austin was later added to the 7 role in mounties lineup.

https://www.facebook.com/MountiesRLFC/p ... 9221236495
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

I'd like to be a phone-in guest on this. Happy to offer my charms in insights.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
SOULS 04
Jason Croker

Post by SOULS 04 »

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... -green-men

Latest Ep and for the first time ever i'm not on it
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

That was quick!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Was here to make my usual half wit comment about phone usage but hats off you've done yourself proud. Great episode guys.

Wighton would get the captaincy if it wasn't Croker or Hodgo. Already directs the guys around the defensive line. Leads at training. Always gives 110%. If anyone wasn't trying he could fix em up with a quick 1 2. And the reaction would be hilarious :).

Ball playing for the forward is to draw defenders in and expose an outside shoulder. In theory if he runs it you need numbers to stop him and you want to draw that 1 defender coming from outside in to help, but now he's passed it so as a defender you are now out of position. It's the same with either the passing out or the run around version of it. Rarely works for us because our forward doesn't square the defense up properly or sell the run.
The run around version with the angled 2nd rower cutting back in would be better for us to run with Tapine as the target as he's got a good jink and a big fend. It's simpler for the forward as he's not doing the hard pass and he doesn't have to think about squaring up the defense. It just happens naturally because he stops. Even better at speed so maybe Wighton controls it, but we generally play him out wide so probably more comfortable with Sezer. You have Tapine cutting in and Wighton out the back as another target. So now you've got multiple viable targets and a 3 on 2 out wide if you go to Wighton.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

zim wrote: April 3, 2018, 11:29 pm Was here to make my usual half wit comment about phone usage but hats off you've done yourself proud. Great episode guys.

Wighton would get the captaincy if it wasn't Croker or Hodgo. Already directs the guys around the defensive line. Leads at training. Always gives 110%. If anyone wasn't trying he could fix em up with a quick 1 2. And the reaction would be hilarious :).

Ball playing for the forward is to draw defenders in and expose an outside shoulder. In theory if he runs it you need numbers to stop him and you want to draw that 1 defender coming from outside in to help, but now he's passed it so as a defender you are now out of position. It's the same with either the passing out or the run around version of it. Rarely works for us because our forward doesn't square the defense up properly or sell the run.
The run around version with the angled 2nd rower cutting back in would be better for us to run with Tapine as the target as he's got a good jink and a big fend. It's simpler for the forward as he's not doing the hard pass and he doesn't have to think about squaring up the defense. It just happens naturally because he stops. Even better at speed so maybe Wighton controls it, but we generally play him out wide so probably more comfortable with Sezer. You have Tapine cutting in and Wighton out the back as another target. So now you've got multiple viable targets and a 3 on 2 out wide if you go to Wighton.
:clap:
Good explanation.