Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 »

Roosters will get Tapau....Probably get Staggs too lol
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

edwahu wrote: July 10, 2018, 12:47 pm We really should be trying to move players on to get Tapau.
Agree!
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

MS_1302 wrote: July 10, 2018, 12:54 pm
edwahu wrote: July 10, 2018, 12:47 pm We really should be trying to move players on to get Tapau.
Agree!
Yeah, because releasing Boyd, Paulo and Austin means nothing (we SHOULD have over 2 million in spare cap now...)

Who am I kidding, the Raiders are probably busting a nut to overpay our plodders instead.
Leeroy Jenkins
Brett Mullins

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

-TW- wrote: July 9, 2018, 10:29 pm We've also basically given up investing in juniors, and have started trying to poach
We did this for years with no success while every other team that won premierships did the poaching... I don't know about you but I'd rather win a premiership with 17 poached players than keep waiting for the next great junior to come around
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I would sell my kids to win a premiership....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

I don’t think our cap is still stuffed until 2020... I think the raiders tend to use these things as an excuse to make cutthroat decisions I think we might have a little cap space for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

For the right people... cough kapow cough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

sprintman wrote: July 9, 2018, 12:57 pm Apparently Connor Watson on the market
http://www.totallysport360.com/2018/07/ ... he-market/

12 Games
6 Tries
4 Try Assists
0 Try Contributions
10 Try Involvements (touched the ball in the try scoring movement)
1 Last Touch Assist
106 carries for 1026m
10 Line Breaks
4 Line Break Assists
35 Tackle Busts
7 Offloads
5 Effective Offloads
10 kicks for 248m
2 Forced Dropouts
195 Tackles
22 Missed Tackles
12 Ineffective Tackles
85% Tackle Efficiency
17 1 on 1 tackles
8 Try Contributions
6 Line Break Contributions
11 Errors
1 Kick Error
9 Penalties

I think Watson is a newer version of Austin. He is better defensively, but not as good offensively (this has a lot to do with Pearce and Ponga though, as they are the focus of their attack).
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

The only chance the knights have of moving Watson on is them taking a large portion of the freight and a team willing o give I’m a go as 14. We should not be that team.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

BJ wrote:
LastRaider wrote:
edwahu wrote:Penrith also have at least 500k in TPAs we don't. That's a lot of advantage.
There’s no reason though that Raiders shouldn’t have access to the same value in TPA’s. They just need to focus there sponsors staff to focus on setting up TPA deals.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

The teams with less free to air coverage get less third party deals. It’s not an even playing field.
I disagree with that. Free to air games isn’t a bigger thing now like it was for exposure.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

edwahu wrote:We really should be trying to move players on to get Tapau.
Agree.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I'd much prefer Klemmer over Tapau.
dribble73
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by dribble73 »

-TW- wrote:We've also basically given up investing in juniors, and have started trying to poach
What gives you that impression?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Green eyed Mick wrote: July 10, 2018, 7:26 pm I'd much prefer Klemmer over Tapau.
Really? Please explain why
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Matt wrote: July 10, 2018, 10:43 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: July 10, 2018, 7:26 pm I'd much prefer Klemmer over Tapau.
Really? Please explain why
×2
I'd love Kapow in this team, his offloads alone would add so much.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

We should be making a play for both Taupau and Klemmer even if we don't have the cash just to make some other club pay more.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Joey Leilua to Wigan?

Post by MrPosh »

Talk over here is that BJ has been offered to Wigan.

Presumably to avoid you having to pay a fee for John Bateman - although hopefully that doesn't mean Bateman at centre.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Joey Leilua to Wigan?

Post by Coastalraider »

MrPosh wrote: July 11, 2018, 6:02 am Talk over here is that BJ has been offered to Wigan.

Presumably to avoid you having to pay a fee for John Bateman - although hopefully that doesn't mean Bateman at centre.
I could live with BJ going to England, he would absolutely destroy it over there.

My biggest concern moving forward is where do we put Cotric - he’s a natural right centre who can play fullback (without the ball playing yet).

We have a lot of money tied up in our backline, and by the looks of it we are committing to Jack at the back, so moving Cotric to centre to have him more involved would be a good move. He is very likely to be fielding some very good offers from other teams as well, so shifting him to keep him happy would be a good move.

BJ can win us games single handed key, but he can lose us a lot as well. Cotric could be the long term centre for the blues with Mitchell, we just need to give him some time there.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Swapping one of the most imposing outside backs in the game for a second rower who’s not as good as 4 we already have would be absolute insanity.

Must be true.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

What's with the Bateman obsession? I can understand if we offloaded BJ to sign Klemmer or Tapau, but not to avoid paying a transfer fee for a backrower.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Right now I’m okay with us offloading BJ to avoid paying freight on a toadstool.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

julian87 wrote: July 11, 2018, 7:59 am Swapping one of the most imposing outside backs in the game for a second rower who’s not as good as 4 we already have would be absolute insanity.

Must be true.
I would seriously doubt that would be the whole story if this is indeed true.

It would be a triangular plan - release BJ, free up significant cap space. That triggers the release of Bateman, and we sign a backrower on significantly less money than BJ is on. The balance of the cap space would then be used to add to the recruitment coffers to sign Norman/Tapau/Klemmer types.

We can replace BJ with Cotric, indeed it would be a good long term plan to do so. If we are releasing Gubb, potentially Lui (he was apparently shopping around) then Bateman fills that role (or his addition moves Tapine/Whitehead into other positions). The money released because of this can go to signing a half, or starting quality prop, both of which we CANT easily fill internally.

it also removes a polarising hothead personality from the squad.

Good business if true.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

MrPosh wrote: July 11, 2018, 6:02 am Talk over here is that BJ has been offered to Wigan.

That would be madness if that's the only reason.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

If BJ was to leave I would prefer Wighton to shift back to centre and Cotric to get a crack at fullback.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Sounds like we are getting rid of the bad apples in our team. Austin and BJ
Perth Based Raiders Fan
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Cotric to fullback and wighton back to centre with oldfield on the wing, surely that frees up some cash to throw at a prop and a young half.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Coastalraider wrote: July 11, 2018, 7:38 am

I could live with BJ going to England, he would absolutely destroy it over there.

My biggest concern moving forward is where do we put Cotric - he’s a natural right centre who can play fullback (without the ball playing yet).

We have a lot of money tied up in our backline, and by the looks of it we are committing to Jack at the back, so moving Cotric to centre to have him more involved would be a good move. He is very likely to be fielding some very good offers from other teams as well, so shifting him to keep him happy would be a good move.

BJ can win us games single handed key, but he can lose us a lot as well. Cotric could be the long term centre for the blues with Mitchell, we just need to give him some time there.
If this is true, then I think that is exactly what they are thinking. Cotric to right centre.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by LastRaider »

Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote: July 11, 2018, 7:38 am

If this is true, then I think that is exactly what they are thinking. Cotric to right centre.
Yep I like Cotric to centre. Solid move. Happy to move BJ on but not to simply get a Superleague player who is unproven at NRL level

MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

zim wrote: July 11, 2018, 11:13 am

The reason is my guess, but the rumour surfaced as him being offered to Wigan, as opposed to being shopped around everywhere (as Austin and Lolohea were).

Doesn't mean he's not getting shopped everywhere - the rumour was accompanied by news of a major dressing down by Stuart after the Bulldogs game, because of the Morris incident (not been through all the threads - assume that's not news on here).
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

MrPosh wrote:

The reason is my guess, but the rumour surfaced as him being offered to Wigan, as opposed to being shopped around everywhere (as Austin and Lolohea were).

Doesn't mean he's not getting shopped everywhere - the rumour was accompanied by news of a major dressing down by Stuart after the Bulldogs game, because of the Morris incident (not been through all the threads - assume that's not news on here).
saw it mentioned somewhere, you grab the horns sometimes you get the whole bull

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

MrPosh wrote: July 11, 2018, 4:02 pm

The dressing down's been mentioned on TV a few times as well as the usual NRL haunts like reddit. It's not the first time that right edge has copped a spray for poor behaviour.
If he is being moved on I'd think it's more likely to be cap related (moving the cap elsewhere rather than trying to be under the total) rather than his over the top try celebration that only just happened this week.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm not a huge Tapau fan.

If BJ goes, that's not a bad thing at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

I think we can make it work well if we were to offload BJ...

As long as it jags us a big signing like suggested... Tapau or Klemmer... surely we have some cash to splash even without BJs coin. I’d like to see ya like this if BJ leaves
1. Wighton
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Norman
7. Sezer
8. Tapau
9. Hodgson
10. Papalii
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Knight
16. Soliola
17. Sutton

18. Baptiste
19. Lui
20. Murchie
21. Bateman
22. Guler

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dusty wrote: July 12, 2018, 9:24 am I think we can make it work well if we were to offload BJ...

As long as it jags us a big signing like suggested... Tapau or Klemmer... surely we have some cash to splash even without BJs coin. I’d like to see ya like this if BJ leaves
1. Wighton
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Norman
7. Sezer
8. Tapau
9. Hodgson
10. Papalii
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Knight
16. Soliola
17. Sutton

18. Baptiste
19. Lui
20. Murchie
21. Bateman
22. Guler

I reckon you want someone better than Oldie, but i like the look of that.
Leaves Sammy an Hingano as the backup halves too.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Yeah plenty of gun young kids looking for a chance. Caleb Aekins (Although just extended at Panthers) is a perfect example. Gets his shot tomorrow night but only after the Panthers have had a 1000 injuries in the outside backs.