FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

dubby wrote:Anyteam could do that Fergus

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yeah, I think Parra would have a pretty impressive list also
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Tapine

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 11:20 am All of them went on to win premierships with other clubs, I believe.
That doesnt actually say anything about the player or their personal skills or ability but anyway..
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

JezTez1984 wrote:
greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 11:20 am All of them went on to win premierships with other clubs, I believe.
That doesnt actually say anything about the player or their personal skills or ability but anyway..
Why do you continue to heap **** on the bloke that makes this site what it is?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote:

When you get banned from the site 75 times you tend to be bitter
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

gergreg wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:49 pm
JezTez1984 wrote:

Pardon???? Jesus **** christ. Please explain how in any way, shape or form I am " heaping ****" on Greeneyed. Do you know how to read??? Do you have selective eyesight??? What is it chump? Literally all I said is that those players winning premierships is not a reflection of the players ability at all. **** some people are delusional.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:53 pm
JezTez1984 wrote:

Pardon???? Jesus **** christ. Please explain how in any way, shape or form I am " heaping ****" on Greeneyed. Do you know how to read??? Do you have selective eyesight??? What is it chump? Literally all I said is that those players winning premierships is not a reflection of the players ability at all. **** some people are delusional.
Time to settle down a bit, please.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

T_R wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:57 pm
JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:53 pm
JezTez1984 wrote:

Time to settle down a bit, please.
Sorry mate!
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

-TW- wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:53 pm
gergreg wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote:

I dont recall ever being banned from this site, 75 Times since i signed up a month ago would be quite an effort though. Please tell me more 🤣🤣🙃
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 2:22 pm
-TW- wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:53 pm
gergreg wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote:

I dont recall ever being banned from this site, 75 Times since i signed up a month ago would be quite an effort though. Please tell me more 🤣🤣🙃
Some members are so scarred by a recurring troll that they see him everywhere...
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Strong rumour that Valentine Holmes is quitting NRL to go to the NFL before next season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c8c1ce6ca9
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Hayne'd be really cheap now.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

zim wrote: November 19, 2018, 6:35 pm Hayne'd be really cheap now.
Bail count under the cap?
Dont delete this GE
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I assume the NRL would have some relief clause depending on how many games he misses.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 12:12 pm
I agree with JezTez (also didn’t think the above comment warranted the backlash). Lots of successful players in your list, GE but don’t reckon many of them were the key factor in that success.

Just a quick comparison off the top of my head of guys other clubs have let go to us (included NRL options in brackets to pre-empt arguments against the Poms):

Luke Priddis v Josh Hodgson (Siliva Havili)
Luke Phillips v Jordan Rapana
Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine
Brent Kite v Junior Paulo/Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Luke Williamson v Elliott Whitehead (Bronson Harrison)
Michael Monaghan v Aidan Sezer
Jamie Soward v Blake Austin
Michael Robertson v Blake Ferguson
Jarred Lawrence v say what?
Mark Bryant v David Shillington

We lose a few of those head-to-heads but overall I think we do pretty well there. In fact, I reckon we win.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

Ruben Daley wrote: November 19, 2018, 7:55 pm
I agree with JezTez (also didn’t think the above comment warranted the backlash). Lots of successful players in your list, GE but don’t reckon many of them were the key factor in that success.

Just a quick comparison off the top of my head of guys other clubs have let go to us (included NRL options in brackets to pre-empt arguments against the Poms):

Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine

We lose a few of those head-to-heads but overall I think we do pretty well there. In fact, I reckon we win.
Thanks Rubs, appreciate the support mate. We win the majority of those head to heads, and we dont just win them by a EDIT. In particular your first 5 on that list

Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine

Are absolute blow outs in our favour :thumbsup
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Let’s not pretend, we’ve not wasted and lost a whole lot of talent due to our own bad management... players we had on the roster.

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

You can all add up the names from there. You know it and I know it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine

The only player on the right hand side to win a premiership is Blake Ferguson... and he’s one we lost to another club... and went on to win a premiership with that club.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:30 pm Let’s not pretend, we’ve not wasted and lost a whole lot of talent due to our own bad management... players we had on the roster.

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Not pretending anything, GE. Just pointing out the same management that lost a host of good players also acquired a host of good players. Most of whom we moneyballed to some degree. We also developed a lot of talent in that time.

But we haven’t won anything in a long time. That makes both retention and recruitment extremely difficult. I reckon both would look a lot different if we’d got into the finals in 2015 and 2017, as we should have both seasons.

I think the issue with the current era is more about failing at the game day/preparation coaching level than in the back office.

Anyway, not picking a fight, just don’t think your original list tells us much.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:30 pm Let’s not pretend, we’ve not wasted and lost a whole lot of talent due to our own bad management... players we had on the roster.

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Now you are seriously clutching at straws, seriously. How many years did you go back in time to pull those names out of a hat?
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:33 pm

Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine

The only player on the right hand side to win a premiership is Blake Ferguson... and he’s one we lost to another club... and went on to win a premiership with that club.
A players ability is not judged on if they have won premierships or not, good grief. Sure if it's a player like Thurston, smith, cronk, Slater, lockyer etc etc etc. The arguement you are trying to build with your list of plodders is absolutely and entirely baseless because barely any/none of those players were a key reason for their club winning those premierships.
End of story.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:58 pm

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Now you are seriously clutching at straws, seriously. How many years did you go back in time to pull those names out of a hat?
I can go back as far as you like... and right up to now. I’m not clutching at anything. Let’s face it... the club has mismanaged a heap of talent. We’re in a whole lot of pain in terms of results. So people want to offer a get out of jail free card to the club? OK...
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 10:01 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:33 pm

Ben Kennedy v Joe Tapine

A players ability is not judged on if they have won premierships or not, good grief. Sure if it's a player like Thurston, smith, cronk, Slater, lockyer etc etc etc. The arguement you are trying to build with your list of plodders is absolutely and entirely baseless because barely any/none of those players were a key reason for their club winning those premierships.
End of story.
Except Ben Kennedy won Newcastle a premiership off virtually one half of football. That weighs up pretty well against anything Joe Tapine has done in his short career so far. Given a Tardis I'd swap them in an instant.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Glenn Lazarus, Ben Kennedy and Luke Priddis were huge reasons the club's they were at won Premierships.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

greeneyed wrote: November 19, 2018, 10:02 pm

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

I can go back as far as you like... and right up to now. I’m not clutching at anything. Let’s face it... the club has mismanaged a heap of talent. We’re in a whole lot of pain in terms of results. So people want to offer a get out of jail free card to the club? OK...
Please tell me which club hasn't lost decent players over the last 30 years, Or in their history? We are in the exact same boat as every single other club. What fantasy are you living in where we are the only club that has lost players???? EVERY club loses players EVERY year. The Melbourne storm, one of the most successful teams over the last 10 years lost one of the best players in their history, being cooper cronk, to the Sydney roosters. Now compare someone like cooper cronk to the list of plodders you brought up then you might realise what we are getting at.That is just one example. Cronk is also a player who you can bring into the 'premierships' debate as he was a key reason for Melbourne's success.

In fact, in the last 5-10 years I am really struggling to think of any players that we have really wanted to keep that have left the club. I know you're going to fire back with " Josh Dugan , Blake Ferguson, Todd Carney" so dont even bother. I am talking about players we have WANTED to keep not players who were let go for being total spanners.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 11:04 pm

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Please tell me which club hasn't lost decent players over the last 30 years, Or in their history? We are in the exact same boat as every single other club. What fantasy are you living in where we are the only club that has lost players???? EVERY club loses players EVERY year. The Melbourne storm, one of the most successful teams over the last 10 years lost one of the best players in their history, being cooper cronk, to the Sydney roosters. Now compare someone like cooper cronk to the list of plodders you brought up then you might realise what we are getting at.That is just one example. Cronk is also a player who you can bring into the 'premierships' debate as he was a key reason for Melbourne's success.

In fact, in the last 5-10 years I am really struggling to think of any players that we have really wanted to keep that have left the club. I know you're going to fire back with " Josh Dugan , Blake Ferguson, Todd Carney" so dont even bother. I am talking about players we have WANTED to keep not players who were let go for being total spanners.
Your argument might have some validity... except for the incontrovertible fact that the Raiders have the longest premiership drought in the NRL, apart from the Eels. And even the Eels have made a Grand Final appearance in the era of the NRL. The Raiders have not. We have massively underperformed as a club since 1994. That’s almost 25 years. Count them. 25. The club deserves some criticism for not picking the right players to remain. It’s happened far, far too often... when this club claims it can’t compete. Surely you keep the players you want?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Off you go... count them... 1... 2... 3...
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Milford
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

FROG wrote: November 20, 2018, 4:19 am

Sam Backo
Peter Jackson
Glenn Lazarus

Milford
Did we really want to sign a 19 year old on over a million dollars a year? I dont think so, hence why we didnt. That would of undoubtedly destroyed our salary cap for years to come and we wouldn't have the squad that we have today.
If we signed Milford, who in fact has proven to be a massive over rated flop anyway, who knows where players like Tapine, cotric, and a host of our other stars would be today.
I'd bet my bottom dollar that they certainly wouldnt be at this club and our roster would be looking considerably worse than how it currently stands.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

JezTez1984 wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote: November 19, 2018, 9:58 pm Now you are seriously clutching at straws, seriously. How many years did you go back in time to pull those names out of a hat?

Milford
Did we really want to sign a 19 year old on over a million dollars a year? I dont think so, hence why we didnt. That would of undoubtedly destroyed our salary cap for years to come and we wouldn't have the squad that we have today.
If we signed Milford, who in fact has proven to be a massive over rated flop anyway, who knows where players like Tapine, cotric, and a host of our other stars would be today.
I'd bet my bottom dollar that they certainly wouldnt be at this club and our roster would be looking considerably worse than how it currently stands.
Are you actually suggesting we didn't want Milford and 'chose' to let him walk?

JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

gergreg wrote: November 20, 2018, 6:42 am
JezTez1984 wrote:

Milford
Are you actually suggesting we didn't want Milford and 'chose' to let him walk?

No. I am suggesting we didnt want Milford at a **** million + dollars a year at age 19 and rightfully so. When he was demanding that much money yes we effectively let him walk ... 🤯🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 0195bb10b5

VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Can't even open this topic looking for signing news anymore without scrolling through pages of Bull....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

JezTez1984 wrote:
-TW- wrote: November 18, 2018, 2:02 pm Or he could just be going to the gym keeping fit.. y'know
Oh Yeah because he has no interest whatsoever in playing footy or finding a club to jump into pre season with, y'know.... he's just the average joe tryna keep fit for fun ImageImageImageImage
I heard that if he goes below a certain speed then another organ will explode. I think it was called the Fensom that couldn't slow down
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Who would we be looking at to replace Rapana?

Michael Gordon (past it but still a first grader)
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (bit green but has potential)
Nathan Ross (could do well with a change of scenery)
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Oldfield will do the job

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.