All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim »

He's fully fit now. September this year he paid for his own 2 weeks of training and testing at the Australian Catholic University, specifically treating his chronic hamstring issue and the results were very positive.

Not many players are going to take that kind of initiative.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Reynolds new partner is pregnant with twins. I would think they would want to stay close to a support network.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

From what I’ve read Tigers had heaps of space for their last spot so they’ll just sign a numpyy and remain under the cap.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

julian87 wrote: December 19, 2018, 2:15 pm From what I’ve read Tigers had heaps of space for their last spot so they’ll just sign a numpyy and remain under the cap.
Which means their squad remains garbage, and they no longer have the coach that was keeping them competitive.

Wooden spoon all the way in 2019.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The Nickman wrote: December 19, 2018, 2:19 pm
julian87 wrote: December 19, 2018, 2:15 pm From what I’ve read Tigers had heaps of space for their last spot so they’ll just sign a numpyy and remain under the cap.
Which means their squad remains garbage, and they no longer have the coach that was keeping them competitive.

Wooden spoon all the way in 2019.
I reckon they’re on the improve and Cleary’s salar cap squad building is his positive he’s had as a coach so far.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

gergreg wrote:How many games did Reynolds actually play last year? Not many is the answer.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Considering we are still in 2018 he played heaps last year...
Not many this year though.

In Ricky We Trust
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Tigers wont be releasing Eisenhuth or Marsters. You dont release your best forward or your best back.

With all the halves and hookers they have, youd think someone would be on the market. It pains me greatly, but id take Reynolds to play 6 right now, even if i do think he is a 9.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Matt wrote: December 19, 2018, 4:10 pm Tigers wont be releasing Eisenhuth or Marsters. You dont release your best forward or your best back.

With all the halves and hookers they have, youd think someone would be on the market. It pains me greatly, but id take Reynolds to play 6 right now, even if i do think he is a 9.
yep, me too; he's definitely not coming
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Brew wrote: December 19, 2018, 3:05 pm
gergreg wrote:How many games did Reynolds actually play last year? Not many is the answer.

Considering we are still in 2018 he played heaps last year...
Not many this year though.

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:He's fully fit now. September this year he paid for his own 2 weeks of training and testing at the Australian Catholic University, specifically treating his chronic hamstring issue and the results were very positive.

Does the testing simulate a game, ie contact? I thought he missed games with shoulder issues as well. I actually like him as a player. A real gritty team player that gets under your skin. Every team needs a genuine competitor like him.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

I can’t count the number of times I’ve called Reynolds a grub but I’d take him. He’s an extremely well-liked club man who’d bring a great ethic off the field. And while he’s not a top class half, he’s a strong defender (in the position we’re most used to having bad defenders) and as competitive as they get.

Won’t come though and not sure about his body holding up either.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gergreg wrote:
edwahu wrote:
greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 12:13 pm
edwahu wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:25 am Tigers just got 650k added to their 2019 cap for the Farah ambassador deal that fell through. Very harsh penalty compared to past ones but they will have to shift players you'd think.
Serves them right. Misleading and deceptive conduct.
As long as they are consistent. Penrith got caught arranging TPAs last year and they got nothing. Brisbane guaranteed Boyd a post career job and it was all above board.

I'm just not surprised with the choice of clubs to make an example of.
It really is a joke. Slam the Tigers and Eels, recently and then 'there's nothing to see here' with the Broncos and Roosters.

Exactly what I thought

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Reynolds ain't coming

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: December 19, 2018, 4:54 pm
zim wrote:He's fully fit now. September this year he paid for his own 2 weeks of training and testing at the Australian Catholic University, specifically treating his chronic hamstring issue and the results were very positive.

Does the testing simulate a game, ie contact? I thought he missed games with shoulder issues as well. I actually like him as a player. A real gritty team player that gets under your skin. Every team needs a genuine competitor like him.
It's hamstring testing so it's not going to be "game day" impact testing. They're not light on it though. Video is here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/07/jos ... ng-career/

Looking at that makes me cringe.

For what is worth the tigers are doing full training now in pre-season. Reynolds is participating without any strapping for at least 3 weeks now: https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... n-session/

No one knows for sure until he's gotten through a few rounds but it's not unheard of for recurring issues to be fixed over the off-season.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Reynolds... the one who has jumped the shark... don't want him.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 6:06 pm Reynolds... the one who has jumped the shark... don't want him.
I'm not following the reference?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Well in Happy Days, there was an episode where the Fonz "jumped a shark" on water skis.

Widely accepted to be the effective end of the series.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Ah yeah I'm aware of that. I thought you were getting at something else. Fair enough.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I always thought Reynolds was over rated anyway. He's basically Austin without a running game

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Reynolds is a top shelf competitor. He's up there with Thuston, Cronk, Maloney etc. You won't find many better in the game in that regard. Unfortunately he has a limited skill set which prevents him from becoming an elite NRL half. He's still an upgrade on our current situation.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

dubby wrote: December 19, 2018, 5:53 pm Reynolds ain't coming

Lol. We're probably a half way through discussing each half in the comp as possibly coming to the Raiders.

DCE to Raiders. Go.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

our current halves situation reminds me of when we were having a hooker crisis around 4-5 years ago and fans were desperately hoping to sign a guy like Matt Srama
Last edited by Sid on December 20, 2018, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

At this point in time I think the club is celebrating internally each time they can get a member of support staff to put pen to paper.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Congratulations to D-Train for winning the signing speculation thread this year for this piece of speculation

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32530&p=1597262&hil ... e#p1597262

He beat some tough competition of no one else this year.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote: December 20, 2018, 10:14 am Congratulations to D-Train for winning the signing speculation thread this year for this piece of speculation

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32530&p=1597262&hil ... e#p1597262

As he was proven correct the post should be deleted from this thread. Accuracy has no place here.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Sid wrote: December 20, 2018, 9:24 am our current halves situation reminds me of when we were having a hooker crisis around 4-5 years ago and fans were desperately hoping to sign a guy like Matt Srama
guilty, your honour
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Northern Raider wrote:Reynolds is a top shelf competitor. He's up there with Thuston, Cronk, Maloney etc. You won't find many better in the game in that regard. Unfortunately he has a limited skill set which prevents him from becoming an elite NRL half. He's still an upgrade on our current situation.
That's fair enough. He remind me of Lincoln Withers though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Reynolds partner having twins?

Imagine if they are as hypo as him!!

I do admire his never say die competitive nature, he would be a cult figure for us.
Even short term till one of the kids come through (fingers crossed)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: December 20, 2018, 7:13 am I always thought Reynolds was over rated anyway. He's basically Austin without a running game

I think they're actually very similar and in 2019, IMO anyways, the correct way to compare them is that Austin is basically Reynolds without his defensive tenacity.
Both are over-rated, both have limited passing games and lack touch with the boot, both make their bones on a running game that is reliant on over pursuit opening up the step back, or poor defensive reads to get them on the outside. They're both extremely good hustle players in attack and defence. Bring high energy. If given the option between the two, id take Reynolds right now... though i concede he's a marginally better player who is much less likeable.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: December 20, 2018, 10:33 am
edwahu wrote: December 20, 2018, 10:14 am Congratulations to D-Train for winning the signing speculation thread this year for this piece of speculation

https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... e#p1597262

As he was proven correct the post should be deleted from this thread. Accuracy has no place here.
:roflmao
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Pigman wrote: December 20, 2018, 7:48 pm
dubby wrote: December 20, 2018, 7:13 am I always thought Reynolds was over rated anyway. He's basically Austin without a running game

I think they're actually very similar and in 2019, IMO anyways, the correct way to compare them is that Austin is basically Reynolds without his defensive tenacity.
Both are over-rated, both have limited passing games and lack touch with the boot, both make their bones on a running game that is reliant on over pursuit opening up the step back, or poor defensive reads to get them on the outside. They're both extremely good hustle players in attack and defence. Bring high energy. If given the option between the two, id take Reynolds right now... though i concede he's a marginally better player who is much less likeable.
:clap:
Well said
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Farah to retire, Reynolds to Hooker?

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 6:06 pm Reynolds... the one who has jumped the shark... don't want him.
Neither Reynolds would be any good!

Both seriously overrated, and made out of paper mache.... hard pass
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

mamando wrote: December 21, 2018, 8:30 am
Neither Reynolds would be any good!

Both seriously overrated, and made out of paper mache.... hard pass
How can you pass on Adam Reynolds with our current halves?
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

We're not signing any Reynolds just let it go.