Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

edwahu wrote: December 17, 2018, 11:05 am
BigPapa wrote: December 17, 2018, 10:41 am
edwahu wrote: December 17, 2018, 9:57 am
Timbo wrote: December 17, 2018, 9:32 am
BigPapa wrote: December 17, 2018, 6:24 am With the club releasing Roache and Knight recently surely there's some signing news not too far away.
There has to be. With our squad deficiencies for 2019 there is no way we'd release anyone at all unless we had something on the burner.
I think you overestimate Don and Ricky. Collins was probably the signing. I expect the last two spots to be filled with train and trial players.
Surely it's not a smart play to release 2 reserve graders for 1 there has to be more to this you would think.
Roache was just a development player, cutting him doesn't impact the cap at all. I reckon he was just released for not been that good.
The Raiders have added Dean Matterson and Bailey Simonsson to the train and trial squad.
After releasing Roachevand Knight.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: December 17, 2018, 10:44 pm
edwahu wrote: December 17, 2018, 11:05 am
BigPapa wrote: December 17, 2018, 10:41 am
edwahu wrote: December 17, 2018, 9:57 am
Timbo wrote: December 17, 2018, 9:32 am

There has to be. With our squad deficiencies for 2019 there is no way we'd release anyone at all unless we had something on the burner.
I think you overestimate Don and Ricky. Collins was probably the signing. I expect the last two spots to be filled with train and trial players.
Surely it's not a smart play to release 2 reserve graders for 1 there has to be more to this you would think.
Roache was just a development player, cutting him doesn't impact the cap at all. I reckon he was just released for not been that good.
The Raiders have added Dean Matterson and Bailey Simonsson to the train and trial squad.
After releasing Roachevand Knight.
:nooo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks like Robert Jennings will head to the Tigers or Eels if a contract can't proceed with the Rabbitohs...

Wests Tigers, Parramatta ready to pounce on uncontracted Robert Jennings: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 322b7b1613
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: December 18, 2018, 6:20 am Looks like Robert Jennings will head to the Tigers or Eels if a contract can't proceed with the Rabbitohs...

Wests Tigers, Parramatta ready to pounce on uncontracted Robert Jennings: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 322b7b1613
Why arent we looking with Rapa out for an extended period?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Matt wrote: December 18, 2018, 6:24 am
greeneyed wrote: December 18, 2018, 6:20 am Looks like Robert Jennings will head to the Tigers or Eels if a contract can't proceed with the Rabbitohs...

Rapana's money would barely cover a minimum wage player.

Plus why would he come as injury cover.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Sthsea22 »

So we released Liam Knight also

What the hell are we doing?

How much would he have been on?

Does anyone have a list that shows how much our players are on because it's laughable how we release blokes and can't bring any in.

Bulldogs, Sharks, Newcastle seem to have endless Cap space
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

edwahu wrote: December 18, 2018, 6:30 am
Matt wrote: December 18, 2018, 6:24 am

Rapana's money would barely cover a minimum wage player.

Plus why would he come as injury cover.
Yes but what it does is turn a minimum wage player into a twice the minimum wage player because we have spots available
Dont delete this GE
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

From what I've seen of Robert Jennings, he looks too good to not be in first grade for the 2nd half of next season. The only way I can see Raiders going for Jennings is if Raiders at full strength plan to play Rapana at fullback and move Wighton to 5/8 and in the meantime play Cotric at fullback or something.. It'd be a bit disruptive.

I still think Dufty might be on the cards
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Sid wrote: December 18, 2018, 9:41 am From what I've seen of Robert Jennings, he looks too good to not be in first grade for the 2nd half of next season. The only way I can see Raiders going for Jennings is if Raiders at full strength plan to play Rapana at fullback and move Wighton to 5/8 and in the meantime play Cotric at fullback or something.. It'd be a bit disruptive.

This was my thought process.
IF, the plan is to move Wighton to 6, and therefore Cotric to 1, getting a quality outside back for the vacant wing, seems a good idea to me. Esp as we are down 1 for half the yr.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sthsea22 wrote: December 18, 2018, 8:55 am So we released Liam Knight also

Does anyone have a list that shows how much our players are on because it's laughable how we release blokes and can't bring any in.

No, no one has a list except the club and the NRL. There's a lot to be said for transparency in player salaries, as shown in the NFL. But the NRL doesn't much like transparency.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Matt wrote: December 18, 2018, 10:10 am
Sid wrote: December 18, 2018, 9:41 am From what I've seen of Robert Jennings, he looks too good to not be in first grade for the 2nd half of next season. The only way I can see Raiders going for Jennings is if Raiders at full strength plan to play Rapana at fullback and move Wighton to 5/8 and in the meantime play Cotric at fullback or something.. It'd be a bit disruptive.

This was my thought process.
IF, the plan is to move Wighton to 6, and therefore Cotric to 1, getting a quality outside back for the vacant wing, seems a good idea to me. Esp as we are down 1 for half the yr.
Cotric has said he is happier on the wing though. Nevertheless it's another position that can be targeted as well as half or fullback.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm thinking we'll see Wighton at 6 next year. Be interested to see where he plays in the trials

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

On Runciman vs the fella on train and trial. We flat out don’t need a back up centre with Leilua, Croker, Cotric and Oldfield covering those spots. But we are in dire need of a winger. Runciman is centre only from what I’ve seen.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

julian87 wrote: December 18, 2018, 12:32 pm On Runciman vs the fella on train and trial. We flat out don’t need a back up centre with Leilua, Croker, Cotric and Oldfield covering those spots. But we are in dire need of a winger. Runciman is centre only from what I’ve seen.
agreed
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

julian87 wrote: December 18, 2018, 12:32 pm On Runciman vs the fella on train and trial. We flat out don’t need a back up centre with Leilua, Croker, Cotric and Oldfield covering those spots. But we are in dire need of a winger. Runciman is centre only from what I’ve seen.
Pommy Bateman plays good at centre too!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: December 18, 2018, 10:20 am
Sthsea22 wrote: December 18, 2018, 8:55 am So we released Liam Knight also

No, no one has a list except the club and the NRL. There's a lot to be said for transparency in player salaries, as shown in the NFL. But the NRL doesn't much like transparency.
^^^This, in spades!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Raiders666 wrote: December 18, 2018, 2:35 pm
Pommy Bateman plays good at centre too!
Yeah my bad I meant to list him too. 5 viable centre options and only 3 (2) genuine wing options. Abbey is not an option.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

Corey Norman signs with the Dragons just read they're planning on playing Widdop at fullback next year. Looks like Dufty will be playing reserve grade as it stands.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Abbey is an option, just not the best one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

BigPapa wrote: December 19, 2018, 10:37 am Corey Norman signs with the Dragons just read they're planning on playing Widdop at fullback next year. Looks like Dufty will be playing reserve grade as it stands.
I’d say they’d be considering Dufty a wing option fighting it out with Ravalawa, Pearson and Pereira.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Dufty is a bit small to be a modern winger. The guy is 80kgs.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

edwahu wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:17 am Dufty is a bit small to be a modern winger. The guy is 80kgs.
That is light
3kg less than French, 9kg less than Gideon Mosby, 8kg less than Ash Taylor
(not that the recorded weights are very accurate, they're recorded about once during a career)

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Tigers just got 650k added to their 2019 cap for the Farah ambassador deal that fell through. Very harsh penalty compared to past ones but they will have to shift players you'd think.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

ooof they don't have a particularly enticing roster of players to offload either.. I'd put them with bulldogs and Eels as having the 3 worst rosters in the competition

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Sid wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:31 am ooof they don't have a particularly enticing roster of players to offload either.. I'd put them with bulldogs and Eels as having the 3 worst rosters in the competition
I wouldn't mind Marsters if you could get him cheap. It would open up some options.

Not much else worth looking at.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

edwahu wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:25 am Tigers just got 650k added to their 2019 cap for the Farah ambassador deal that fell through. Very harsh penalty compared to past ones but they will have to shift players you'd think.
Serves them right. Misleading and deceptive conduct.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

You think they'd have to shift big. Josh Reynolds they can cover in 2019 and he's on big dosh. They'd have to pay a chunk too.
Warriors and us are looking for a half.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 12:13 pm
edwahu wrote: December 19, 2018, 11:25 am Tigers just got 650k added to their 2019 cap for the Farah ambassador deal that fell through. Very harsh penalty compared to past ones but they will have to shift players you'd think.
As long as they are consistent. Penrith got caught arranging TPAs last year and they got nothing. Brisbane guaranteed Boyd a post career job and it was all above board.

I'm just not surprised with the choice of clubs to make an example of.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Wonder if flanno jnr has a get out clause.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: December 19, 2018, 12:21 pm Wonder if flanno jnr has a get out clause.
He does, for the next contract (not 2019) as I recall.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’d take Reynolds tbh.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

It's slim pickings but I'd love to get Reynolds. He's the guy who will step up when you need him to and I believe he and Sezer played together as juniors.

I'd also take Packer or Marsters.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Matt Eisenhuth and David Nofoaluma would also be handy buys. Eisenhuth solves a prop issue. Nofo covers Rappa and would allow Wighton into the halves if we wanted to go that way.

Marsters is close to their best player but like Brooks you'd have to pry him from their cold dead hands.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

edwahu wrote:
greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2018, 12:13 pm
As long as they are consistent. Penrith got caught arranging TPAs last year and they got nothing. Brisbane guaranteed Boyd a post career job and it was all above board.

I'm just not surprised with the choice of clubs to make an example of.
It really is a joke. Slam the Tigers and Eels, recently and then 'there's nothing to see here' with the Broncos and Roosters.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

How many games did Reynolds actually play last year? Not many is the answer.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017