Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Tapine

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by JezTez1984 »

Pigman wrote: November 9, 2018, 7:25 pm There is no man in professional RL poorer than Blake Austin IMO.
Blake austin at his best a couple of years ago **** all over everything Corey norman has ever achieved in his entire career.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

simo wrote: November 9, 2018, 7:33 pm
JezTez1984 wrote: November 9, 2018, 7:24 pm Norman is literally a poor man's blake austin + massive off field behavioural issues + the attitude of a mule. As I've said before, there's a reason the team who has won 5 wooden spoons in the last 7 years or so are DESPERATELY trying to offload him and have all but confirmed he will not be re-signed when his contract ends if he does not depart earlier. Sadly, no other club in the nrl is interested in the slightest. Not to mention he would be coming at a premium of 700k+ when based on form and everything that he has never achieved in his career his true value should be around the 300k mark.

If we were to sign Corey norman we would of been much, much better just keeping blake austin **** :hi at least he bled green, always tried his heart out and actually has some previous form, unlike norman.
Despite the many inaccuracies of a lot of what youve said, in what world do you think norman is comanding 700k now after hes recieved no interest? The bloke can play football. Lifeline at canberra. Dont want to have to stay in canberra? You need to earn your way out by using those footy skills to make other clubs notice you.
You are the only one with the inaccuracy chump.
He is most likely not receiving interest because -
1. He is ****
2. He is **** and demanding 700k a year
3. He is **** and has huge off field issues
4. He is ****.

700k is the figure that have been reported as his asking price so you should probably stop acting like I'm making it up of the top of my head :cmon
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

Pigman wrote: November 9, 2018, 7:56 pm I think you're right, he's Stuart's type of gamble, and whilst i favour Dufty, i dont feel particularly strongly about it, i certain see the argument in preferring Hayne given he is one of few players with the talent level capable of almost winning a premiership on his own.
Hayne having the talent to almost win a premiership alone? Now that is peak insanity. Jarryd hayne in 2009 yes. Jarryd hayne 10 years after his last successful campaign? Yeah no. Insanity.

Everyone must be on the prune juice tonight...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cut the name calling thanks Jez.
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

kiwi raider wrote: November 9, 2018, 8:12 pm Norman if you could get him at peak form with his head screwed on would be very good, as simon said his short kicking alone would be a big bonus for us, amazing what a change of scenery can do, a couple of years back he was in the discussion for the qld halves and that was when they had a heap of quality to pick from(Thurston, Cronk, Morgan DCE etc)

He’d be a risk but one with a big upside
"Peak form", "head screwed on", "a couple of years back" and " risk" are all of the key words here.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

-PJ- wrote: When the Raiders score a try I can pee, hit the fridge and be back before the goal kick..
Sounds like an impressive feat, but how far away from the fridge are you standing? Image
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Jestez.. Make Canberra great again
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gangrenous wrote: November 9, 2018, 9:24 pm
-PJ- wrote: When the Raiders score a try I can pee, hit the fridge and be back before the goal kick..
Sounds like an impressive feat, but how far away from the fridge are you standing? Image
:clap:
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

magoo wrote:Jestez.. Make Canberra great again
The Jestez seems like a circus we’ve all seen before for some reason.

Nicky Boi!!!!
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'd take the gamble and bring Norman into our culture over signing a one trick pony like Dufty.

Moving Wighton to 5/8 just to bring in a short-ass fullback who can't tackle or pass is insanity. Norman gives us a bit of running and ballplay in the halves, not to mention he forced 21 line dropouts last season. He would also have something to prove. I'd take that gamble if it was open to us. His defence is just as dodgy as Austin's though - but with an attitude adjustment he'd be a marked improvement.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

JezTez1984 wrote: November 9, 2018, 9:03 pm
Pigman wrote: November 9, 2018, 7:56 pm I think you're right, he's Stuart's type of gamble, and whilst i favour Dufty, i dont feel particularly strongly about it, i certain see the argument in preferring Hayne given he is one of few players with the talent level capable of almost winning a premiership on his own.
Hayne having the talent to almost win a premiership alone? Now that is peak insanity. Jarryd hayne in 2009 yes. Jarryd hayne 10 years after his last successful campaign? Yeah no. Insanity.

Haha ok
Sorry, got it... took me a while to figure this out
No one could be that dumb, ya got me hah
This is a goood fake account
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

Pigman wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote: November 9, 2018, 9:03 pm

Haha ok
Sorry, got it... took me a while to figure this out
No one could be that dumb, ya got me hah
This is a goood fake account
Gotta admire the commitment

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
JezTez1984
Noa Nadruku

Post by JezTez1984 »

Oh yes you got me, I'm a bot :lol: :lol: oh the drama all because I said hayne and norman are terrible which is 100% accurate. How could ANYONE be that dumb that they would think 2 players that have been the most responsible for the utter failure of parramatta over the years would improve our team :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: some people have no knowledge about rugby league and I understand that but seriously stop whipping a dead horse. We arent tryint to achieve wooden spoons here, it appears some of you are that blind you are more than happy with failure though. Go support another club if you want players like norman and hayne here. Jesus christ.

It says it all when I message my mate who has been a diehard parra fan for his whole life and I say " theres some blokes on the raiders forum who would happily sign hayne and norman" and he just sends back " hahahahahahahahhahaha good luck with that, they are way past their best and we cant even get any other clubs to take them off our hands"

On another note, jarryd hayne is publicly posting on social media crying about the fact they, and I quote " dont even have 500k to give me" says it all about the class of hayne. Also says it all about the class of some of the " supporters" on here who want to see us sign these two muppets and have the club run into the ground within a year or two. Some people are so **** delusional I swear.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

It's too early for this
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by manbearpig »

Props to Fergo's new found vocabulary
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
Im just, bicking back being bool
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Still rather intense isn’t he?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It’s the basic lack of comprehension, and weird extrapolations that gives it away
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Post by manbearpig »

kiwi raider wrote: November 10, 2018, 9:37 am Still rather intense isn’t he?
:lol: :lol:
Im just, bicking back being bool
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gangrenous wrote: November 9, 2018, 9:24 pm
Sitting..

I'm always sitting. It's about 45 paces return trip.

But I never pee during live play..I don't want to miss anything !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

That’s an impressive stream, 45 paces and hit the fridge

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You’d have to assume he’s round a few corners too unless he’s got a loo in the kitchen?
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Jeztez comes on here, with some sound observations, maybe a but aggressive, and some want to hound him out, the usual suspects too.

Some need to look at there last few posts to see similar comments, you cant do it yourself and criticise others for doing the same.

Hayne and Norman for a good chunk of the cap, with off field problems and lack of commitment?

Lets find the next young Hayne and Norman for example, before they are rich and have massive egos.
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

On a lighter note......

Kudos to PJ
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gangrenous wrote: November 10, 2018, 3:08 pm You’d have to assume he’s round a few corners too unless he’s got a loo in the kitchen? Image
Oh there's corners..and walls to bounce off.

And I'm back in my chair for"inside left post"
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Johno wrote: November 10, 2018, 3:32 pm Jeztez comes on here, with some sound observations, maybe a but aggressive, and some want to hound him out, the usual suspects too.

Some need to look at there last few posts to see similar comments, you cant do it yourself and criticise others for doing the same.

Hayne and Norman for a good chunk of the cap, with off field problems and lack of commitment?

Lets find the next young Hayne and Norman for example, before they are rich and have massive egos.
Hayne OR Norman on deals which suit their talent and current market value. Dont want a player with an ego? Sign the worst starting half in the nrl (hint:- we already have him as things stand)
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Johno wrote: November 10, 2018, 3:32 pm Lets find the next young Hayne and Norman for example...
I agree that's the preferred method, what the Knights did with Ponga has set that club up to be in the mix for the next decade, but that was a rather unique set of circumstances that included some major mismanagement

but the questions are... who are they? when are they off contract? and how do we get them to a club run like ours and coached by Stuart?

The Ponga's of the world changing clubs is a rare thing indeed, and on the rare occasion that they do, they're usually in HIGH demand... and if you've got a bunch of other options which dont include coming to Canberra, with 2 decades of under achievement and a coach who isnt any good... why would you come here?
It's not like we can pay more than others either, since we're always on the edge of the cap and have limited TPA access.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Johno wrote: November 10, 2018, 3:32 pm
We did, but then he took off to Brisbane at the first opportunity where he became not very good.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

wrong thread
Edrick The Entertainer
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

I hear Ricky has enquired about Tanah Boyd (who I massively rate) so at least I know he is looking to the future for halves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Bennyinthewest wrote:I hear Ricky has enquired about Tanah Boyd (who I massively rate) so at least I know he is looking to the future for halves

Fair enquiry you would think Boyd has to leave in order to crack first grade. The Broncos have recognised that they are struggling in the halves and have stockpiled all the best young halves in QLD (Boyd, Paix, Deardon, James) as well as recruiting two of NSW’s top young prospects for the NRL squad ( Dargan and O’Sullivan).

Not a bad play from the Broncos they realise that it is extremely difficult to transfer from an exciting talent to a capable half at NRL level. So rather then put your eggs in one basket they have used the scattergun approach.

I am sceptical about Boyd’s ability to make it. He is a quality player but has had the massive leg up of playing his whole junior/rep career with Fifita on the edge outside of him. Who really could be anything!
Last edited by RTW on November 11, 2018, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

I wasn’t sold either due to the fafita factor, but I’ve seen enough of him to change my mind since.

He also gets his body in front of people in defense, which is better than some halves I won’t mention

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Bennyinthewest wrote:I wasn’t sold either due to the fafita factor, but I’ve seen enough of him to change my mind since.

He also gets his body in front of people in defense, which is better than some halves I won’t mention

Yes it is certainly easy enough to make an argument for signing him. What are your thoughts on the other 3 young kids at the Broncos?
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

I think Deardon is a gun!

Can be tough to predict how halves will go in the nrl but he could be great.

Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Nurture from within our junior ranks. We probably should have won the comp in the 20’s last year other than a slight selection blunder in the GF. The coach now has the reigns of the NSW cup side and knows what he has to work with and we should push them up and apply some pressure. Let them cut there teeth early in NSW cup early. Need to stop trying to put out spot fires with has beens or other club juniors when we have high potential players in our own paddock. We need halves then develop our own now for two years time

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We did that for years and it failed.