Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 »

FROG wrote: October 18, 2018, 8:20 pm ****. Letting go bj, the current centre of the year and best mate to the best winger in the game is not the answer.
I agree
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Just like TPJ... Maloney ain't coming kids

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

TPJ signed Broncs 12 month extension. Gives us time to find some money
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

In theory we could sign him the day after he signed the one year extension. It's never going to happen but it would be sweet.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

It will happen

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Dusty wrote:It will happen

I'd love it to happen but I'm yet to see anything saying we are looking at him except a few people on here

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VictorTheViking wrote: October 19, 2018, 8:26 pm
Dusty wrote:It will happen

I'd love it to happen but I'm yet to see anything saying we are looking at him except a few people on here

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
No mainstream media were reporting the Raiders were one club in discussion.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Done deal

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Dusty wrote: October 19, 2018, 8:39 pm Done deal

Funnily enough I heard that from a well placed source of unknown reliability the other day but decided that it just couldn't be true in light of what I was reading or not reading in the press.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Who'd you rather out of boyd, junior or TPJ? all worth circa 750k. You'd have to say TPJ has the most potential. If we did somehow secure him it'd be a massive win #stillcantseeithappening
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Cranky Old Man wrote: October 19, 2018, 10:38 pm

Funnily enough I heard that from a well placed source of unknown reliability the other day but decided that it just couldn't be true in light of what I was reading or not reading in the press.
From 2020?
If he was really that keen to come to Canberra wouldn’t we just offload a couple of players to get him here now?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It's not going to happen. Stop giving yourselves hope.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

I'm with Dusty. Lot of critics on here but this seems to have been handled very quietly and very well.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

I obviously don’t have word from the horses mouth, but what I have heard from some people that are closer to this than me is promising.

If he has signed a 12 month extension that certainly gives us a good chance I believe.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Why would he sign a one year deal with Brisbane with an eye to come here in. 2020?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

There’s a deal to sack Ricky at the end of the year too?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Green Blogger wrote:

I'm with Dusty. Lot of critics on here but this seems to have been handled very quietly and very well.
Until such time as it's officially announced its a little premature to be backslapping each other.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

gergreg wrote:
Green Blogger wrote:

Until such time as it's officially announced its a little premature to be backslapping each other.

Hardly back slapping each other.

I’m optimistic from what I’ve heard and how his contract situation has played out to date. Would I put lefty on it definitely happening.... no

Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

dubby wrote:Why would he sign a one year deal with Brisbane with an eye to come here in. 2020?

Why wouldn’t he? Image

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

What? Come now?

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Dusty wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Green Blogger wrote:

I’m optimistic from what I’ve heard and how his contract situation has played out to date. Would I put lefty on it definitely happening.... no

My comment was more on Bloggers assertion that this deal has been handled very quietly and very well, when nothing is confirmed.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'm disappointed we didn't just cheat the cap to bring him back. When you look at the risk/reward it's a no brainer.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

All that music giving me a headache

El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

Dusty wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Green Blogger wrote:

What’s this about then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

On another note...
I reckon Lolohea would be an ok buy. Ive always liked him. Every time he changed clubs for an opportunity, the club he went to bought a high profile player to play his spot.
Well... we aren't buying a Cronk, DCE, Widdop anytime soon
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

El_Capitano wrote:
Dusty wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Green Blogger wrote:

What’s this about then?

Im confident he will again be a Raider. Do I have proof... no

Hope this helps

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If we can come up with the money... he'll come. Hopefully, a company that would like to see him back in Canberra will produce a big TPA as part of the deal.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:If we can come up with the money... he'll come. Hopefully, a company that would like to see him back in Canberra will produce a big TPA as part of the deal.
T_R to pull some loose change out of the glovebox?

El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

greeneyed wrote:If we can come up with the money... he'll come. Hopefully, a company that would like to see him back in Canberra will produce a big TPA as part of the deal.
In 2020?

How soon IS now?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

El_Capitano wrote: October 20, 2018, 7:08 pm
In 2020?

He approached the Raiders about coming in 2019... but the money wasn't there for him. I hope it is in 2020. You just have to show him the money! He was great tonight for Tonga. We should never have let him go.
Mbiec
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Mbiec »

The reason TJP has only signed a one year extension is because of his close relationship with Wayne Bennett. I wouldn’t be surprised to see TJP follow Bennett, if Wayne is to be picked up as the coach of another NRL club in 2020. Raiders should firm as a likely destination for Tevita, but a lot can change in the space of the year.

Wouldn’t mind Bennett as coach of the club from 2020 onwards, but I’m sure everyone feels opposite towards that. He’s coached at the Raiders before and in the time since he left, hasn’t he done well for himself!

I don’t have any gripes towards Sticky as the coach and would be more than happy to see him stay on. But we don’t seem to be in a premiership window at the club and I can’t remember many years outside of 2016, where we genuinely could’ve won the comp. And we have a HUGE issue with recruitment/retention
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Mbiec wrote:The reason TJP has only signed a one year extension is because of his close relationship with Wayne Bennett.
I was of the impression it's because the money he thought would be on offer elsewhere in 2019 was not. It may be in 2020.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

As I said a few days ago, I have been told that for 2019 we have frontloaded quite a few contracts which would give us room to move thereafter. Then TPJ approached us and the only deal we could offer was a low ball 2019 followed by acceptable to him money after that. Then another bloke from within the Raiders camp (only just) told me that it was being talked about as a done deal but from 2020.
My info then would tie in with what Tr has posted above.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Mbiec wrote: October 20, 2018, 7:50 pm The reason TJP has only signed a one year extension is because of his close relationship with Wayne Bennett. I wouldn’t be surprised to see TJP follow Bennett, if Wayne is to be picked up as the coach of another NRL club in 2020. Raiders should firm as a likely destination for Tevita, but a lot can change in the space of the year.

Wouldn’t mind Bennett as coach of the club from 2020 onwards, but I’m sure everyone feels opposite towards that. He’s coached at the Raiders before and in the time since he left, hasn’t he done well for himself!

I don’t have any gripes towards Sticky as the coach and would be more than happy to see him stay on. But we don’t seem to be in a premiership window at the club and I can’t remember many years outside of 2016, where we genuinely could’ve won the comp. And we have a HUGE issue with recruitment/retention
TJP and TPJ are the same guy right ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Huawei and TPG must have some connections.

TPJ TPG TPA TBA?