Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Hazza
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 591
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Hazza » August 20, 2018, 6:24 pm

Matt wrote:
August 20, 2018, 6:13 pm
chris83 wrote:
August 20, 2018, 6:00 pm
Why are we looking at ANOTHER high priced forward? Why not a frigging half?
Because he is a genuine 80min stud forward who could well be the best forward in the game in the next couple of yrs.

He could be as dominant as a Kapow, Fifi or Surgess sooner rather than later given this yrs form.

If u dont believe me, watch the 1st 30mins of Bronx vs Panthers at Suncorp this yr. Then remember he played that game with a very dodgey hammy
86 SC points in 32 mins that game

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by greeneyed » August 20, 2018, 6:25 pm

I would LOVE to have TPJ back. Never wanted to see him leave.
Image

Wiki Special
Peter Jackson
Posts: 219
Joined: August 11, 2016, 8:16 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Wiki Special » August 20, 2018, 6:29 pm

TPJ would be amazing back in green. Please find a way.

Hazza
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 591
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Hazza » August 20, 2018, 6:30 pm

greeneyed wrote:
August 20, 2018, 6:25 pm
I would LOVE to have TPJ back. Never wanted to see him leave.
Indeed. I was gutted when he left, watching him in the 20's you could see how good he was going to be he just destroyed sides. Not 1 bit surprised he's gone on to do it in 1st grade.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by bonehead » August 20, 2018, 6:33 pm

I wonder if he's waiting on Bennett's future

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

FROG
Alan Tongue
Posts: 692
Joined: April 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by FROG » August 20, 2018, 6:33 pm

I'm gonna speculate and say that if Bennett goes we are a strong chance to get him. Wasn't that one of the big reasons he left in the first place? Didn't he want to play under Bennett?

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by bonehead » August 20, 2018, 6:39 pm

FROG wrote:I'm gonna speculate and say that if Bennett goes we are a strong chance to get him. Wasn't that one of the big reasons he left in the first place? Didn't he want to play under Bennett?
yes thus my speculation

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
chris83
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 18, 2011, 9:44 am
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!
Location: in the crawlspace

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by chris83 » August 20, 2018, 6:45 pm

I dont care, dont think we need him, id rather a decent half who can organise our attack and has a good kicking game ala maloney
I've got legs, and i know how to use them

User avatar
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13001
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Green eyed Mick » August 20, 2018, 7:28 pm

If we manage TPJ or Maloney, we'll be looking a lot better

User avatar
Ruben Daley
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1343
Joined: June 13, 2007, 4:52 pm
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Ruben Daley » August 20, 2018, 7:41 pm

chris83 wrote:
August 20, 2018, 5:00 pm
Im hearing no to tpj and yes to a first grade quality half.
Is that just your preference or do you know something?

User avatar
kiwi raider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6722
Joined: March 31, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by kiwi raider » August 20, 2018, 7:45 pm

Our middle isn’t that strong for 2019, if Tevita Pangai comes knocking on your door you do whatever the hell it takes to get him over the line, including dusting the old projector off if that’s what’s needed

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30339
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » August 20, 2018, 8:19 pm

kiwi raider wrote:
August 20, 2018, 7:45 pm
Our middle isn’t that strong for 2019, if Tevita Pangai comes knocking on your door you do whatever the hell it takes to get him over the line, including dusting the old projector off if that’s what’s needed
:clap: :thumbsup

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22212
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Pigman » August 20, 2018, 8:26 pm

Guys

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF.
TPJ aint comin'

Hope springs eternal, except when it's this and it's poison. Stop it, even if you even buy into it 5%, that's 5% too many.
Better with this club to expect absolutely nothing ever and be surprised once in a while, than to expect anything ever and be constantly disappointed.
TPJ if he leaves, will go to Newcastle.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 29095
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by dubby » August 20, 2018, 8:34 pm

Pigman wrote:Guys

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF.
TPJ aint comin'

Hope springs eternal, except when it's this and it's poison. Stop it, even if you even buy into it 5%, that's 5% too many.
Better with this club to expect absolutely nothing ever and be surprised once in a while, than to expect anything ever and be constantly disappointed.
TPJ if he leaves, will go to Newcastle.
Not only that, I doubt we have the cap room anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1079
Joined: July 14, 2013, 10:15 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Bennyinthewest » August 20, 2018, 8:54 pm

Pigman wrote:Guys

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF.
TPJ aint comin'

Hope springs eternal, except when it's this and it's poison. Stop it, even if you even buy into it 5%, that's 5% too many.
Better with this club to expect absolutely nothing ever and be surprised once in a while, than to expect anything ever and be constantly disappointed.
TPJ if he leaves, will go to Newcastle.
Phew

Thanks Pigman, I started to believe again.
I needed that chat!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by greeneyed » August 20, 2018, 8:54 pm

We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
Image

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30339
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » August 20, 2018, 8:59 pm

Pigman wrote:
August 20, 2018, 8:26 pm
Guys

DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF.
TPJ aint comin'

Hope springs eternal, except when it's this and it's poison. Stop it, even if you even buy into it 5%, that's 5% too many.
Better with this club to expect absolutely nothing ever and be surprised once in a while, than to expect anything ever and be constantly disappointed.
TPJ if he leaves, will go to Newcastle.
Piggy,
While i agree that history suggests we have less than buckleys chance of a hail mary on this one, just remember ARod, and watch him make it rain.

User avatar
Beejay
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1992
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Beejay » August 20, 2018, 8:59 pm

greeneyed wrote:
August 20, 2018, 8:54 pm
We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
NARRATOR: and there was

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3244
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by RTW » August 20, 2018, 9:00 pm

Isn’t the story that Ricky told TPJ he wouldn’t make it in first grade?
If so why would you come back to be coached by Stuart?

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4216
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Dusty » August 20, 2018, 9:03 pm

greeneyed wrote:We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
Can The GH be the third party?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2019: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker 4 Leilua 5. Rapana 6. Jacks 7. Sezer 8. Sutton 9. Hodgson 10. Papalii 11. Tapine 12. Whitehead 13. J.Bateman ----
14. Havili 15. Murchie 16. Soliola 17. Knight/Guler/Lui

Concentrate on the process and the result will take care of itself...

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by greeneyed » August 20, 2018, 9:05 pm

Dusty wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:03 pm
greeneyed wrote:We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
Can The GH be the third party?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Maybe we could if I had won Powerball. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22212
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Pigman » August 20, 2018, 9:05 pm

Beejay wrote:
August 20, 2018, 8:59 pm
greeneyed wrote:
August 20, 2018, 8:54 pm
We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
NARRATOR: and there was
Also NARRATOR: and they didnt do anything about it.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1315
Joined: June 28, 2010, 9:23 pm
Favourite Player: Campese

Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by roneel78 » August 20, 2018, 9:17 pm

And was just mentioned on Fox that Munster a chance to the Roosters for 2020 (replace Cronk)

Even comp I guess......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Beejay
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1992
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Beejay » August 20, 2018, 9:18 pm

TPJ is doing an AMA on twitter right now, and someone asked him what his favourite ground other than Suncorp to play at, and he said GIO stadium love the grass there.
😍😍😍 he’s coming guys 😍😭😭😍😍
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

User avatar
zim
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5715
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim » August 20, 2018, 9:21 pm

8. Papalii
9. Hodgo
10. TPJ
11. J Bateman
12. Tapine
13. Whitehead

16. Soliola
17. Guler

Who needs a half when you can just run through everyone haha.

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6451
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Brew » August 20, 2018, 9:23 pm

Beejay wrote:TPJ is doing an AMA on twitter right now, and someone asked him what his favourite ground other than Suncorp to play at, and he said GIO stadium love the grass there.
ImageImageImage he’s coming guys ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
As Pigman said don’t do it to yourself!


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by greeneyed » August 20, 2018, 9:26 pm

What's an AMA?
Image

User avatar
zim
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5715
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim » August 20, 2018, 9:29 pm

greeneyed wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:26 pm
What's an AMA?
Ask Me Anything. They post questions and he responds.

User avatar
EVH
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 51
Joined: April 5, 2018, 10:34 pm
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by EVH » August 20, 2018, 9:53 pm

WHat about Kurt Mann at 6? Might be able to lure him with promise of a position with an upgrade post 2019.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3819
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 » August 20, 2018, 10:08 pm

RTW wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:00 pm
Isn’t the story that Ricky told TPJ he wouldn’t make it in first grade?
If so why would you come back to be coached by Stuart?
Because he is homesick and wants to be with his sick father

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3060
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by BJ » August 20, 2018, 10:11 pm

Raiders666 wrote:
RTW wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:00 pm
Isn’t the story that Ricky told TPJ he wouldn’t make it in first grade?
If so why would you come back to be coached by Stuart?
Because he is homesick and wants to be with his sick father
This explains everything on every level.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

User avatar
Sleek the Elite
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1848
Joined: September 2, 2007, 6:22 pm
Favourite Player: Jackie Boi
Location: Bay 69

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Sleek the Elite » August 20, 2018, 10:24 pm

Bring the Charny boy back.

You can take the boy out of Charny...but then you need to bring him back.
Forum members with gravitas: greeneyed, Seiffert82, dubby.

Hazza
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 591
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Hazza » August 20, 2018, 10:37 pm

RTW wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:00 pm
Isn’t the story that Ricky told TPJ he wouldn’t make it in first grade?
If so why would you come back to be coached by Stuart?
If Stuart really told him that he's even dumber than I thought. Surely not

User avatar
Lui_Bon
David Furner
Posts: 3197
Joined: June 3, 2009, 4:07 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Lui_Bon » August 20, 2018, 10:50 pm

When Cleary goes to join his dad at the Tigers, who wants Luke Brooks?
Image

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16659
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by edwahu » August 20, 2018, 11:20 pm

Dusty wrote:
August 20, 2018, 9:03 pm
greeneyed wrote:We should be pulling out all stops to get TPJ back... and if there's no room in the cap... let's get a TPA done!

And if we have no room left in the salary cap... given the players lost... it is one of the great mysteries of life. There must be some players on the books being paid well in excess of market value.
Can The GH be the third party?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Some Eels fan site tried it and it got knocked back.

Post Reply