Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by bonehead »

edwahu wrote:I watched most of the game Bateman and Sutton played for Wigan playing in the magic weekend.

Sutton will be a decent bench prop. Good work rate and involvement and he hits the line hard, usually finds his knees and gets a good ptb. He does have a gut on him though and when he hits the line he drops like a sack of spuds. Wont be winning man of the match but will do thr job.

Bateman was playing center so it may not be representative but I can't see him starting for us. He is small and got dominated in tackles a lot, and he also bounced of a few tackles in defense. He is very involved though with a very high work rate. To get the wraps he gets I can only think he is like Tonguey and turns up in the right place at the right time a lot.
thx, replay at 4am Tuesday on fox

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

British back rower Adam Milner reportedly linked to the Raiders according to UK Sky Sports during Castleford match this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

That's an odd one. He looks like an older version of Luke Bateman.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

What halves are on the market??? We cant keep both sezer and austin

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

VictorTheViking wrote: May 20, 2018, 5:41 pm What halves are on the market??? We cant keep both sezer and austin

Its an ugly list.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league ... tion-2018/
Blues87
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by Blues87 »

It's amazing how were in cap trouble with the plodders we currently have
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Blues87 wrote: May 20, 2018, 7:50 pm It's amazing how were in cap trouble with the plodders we currently have
I am not happy with the current situation, but remember that the majority of players that are contracted this year had their contracts done during or shortly after the 2016 run of form, so their contracts were signed at a time when their value was significantly higher than it currently is.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

edwahu wrote: May 20, 2018, 5:38 pm That's an odd one. He looks like an older version of Luke Bateman.
He plays a bit of hooker as well.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

So does Bateman.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Adam Milner looks the goods
raider 4 life
Vintagecrop
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Vintagecrop »

I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier, but what about Foran?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Vintagecrop wrote:I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier, but what about Foran?
What about him?

LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Vintagecrop wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:05 pm I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier, but what about Foran?
Probably best to delete your post mate.

Whats next Woods.

Past it and should move into a corporate role into Dads company.
WorkChoice
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Although Foran isn’t the player he once was and definitely isn’t worth the price tag he commands anymore.

Throw him into our team this season for either of our halves and we are entrenched in the 8 imo.

Luke Gale for me please
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

nemesis wrote: May 20, 2018, 8:44 pm Adam Milner looks the goods
Milner's a very good player. He's actually a hooker and a very good one - but not as good as Paul McShane at Cas, so he plays mostly in the back row. Actually a similar player to John Bateman.

I don't think Luke Gale is what Canberra needs - he's similar to Austin and Sezer; brilliant one day (especially behind a dominant pack) and goes missing the next.

If you're looking to SL for a half, there are two excellent young ones - Richardson at St Helens and, especially, Trueman at Cas. However, I think the best fit would be Sneyd at Hull. A brilliant kicking game and good at controlling a game, albeit at the expense of a running threat.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Someone like a townsend or green that can control a game without the flash would be perfect next to sezer

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

If the brains trust could sort his head out, Kenny Edwards would be useful
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

MrPosh wrote: May 20, 2018, 11:37 pm
Milner's a very good player. He's actually a hooker and a very good one - but not as good as Paul McShane at Cas, so he plays mostly in the back row. Actually a similar player to John Bateman.

I don't think Luke Gale is what Canberra needs - he's similar to Austin and Sezer; brilliant one day (especially behind a dominant pack) and goes missing the next.

If you're looking to SL for a half, there are two excellent young ones - Richardson at St Helens and, especially, Trueman at Cas. However, I think the best fit would be Sneyd at Hull. A brilliant kicking game and good at controlling a game, albeit at the expense of a running threat.
I love the way all the crowd says 'Sneyd!' every time he kicks a goal.

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Go word them up for us.
Cheers
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Sneyd looks pretty good. Gale won't come here as he only just resigned for another 5 years. I'd be looking at either of the Hull FC halves (Sneyd and Kelly)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

We should go hard at whichever one Hodgo thinks would work best with him. If we can get our 9 and 7 on the same page and calling all the shots whoever is cheapest can wear the number 6.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

sprintman wrote:If the brains trust could sort his head out, Kenny Edwards would be useful
yep he can be anything when his head is on

Edrick The Entertainer
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

bonehead wrote: May 21, 2018, 6:06 pm
sprintman wrote:If the brains trust could sort his head out, Kenny Edwards would be useful
yep he can be anything when his head is on

Kenny Edwards is a loose cannon he tried to punch on with under age kids when he was either a coach or trainer when he was on the gold coast and his brothers team got beat Hell No.
BJ
Steve Walters

Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by BJ »

Kenny Edwards has had multiple chances and shown no sign of improving his on field and off field discipline.

We badly need highly self disciplined and intelligent people at our club.

We have too many high physical skills/ low mental skills players at the club.

Time for putting Einstein’s brain in Schwarzenegger’s body with Pele’s sporting and spatial awareness.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

If we have signed J. Bateman and R. Sutton our pack will be very different. It will be interesting how it lines up. I think Papalii or Tapine will have to play in the middle (prop). I think Papalii is doing that at the moment albeit in the 13 (same/ similar).

So....

8. Sutton
9. Hodgson
10. Papalii
11. Whitehead
12. Tapine
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Soliola
16. Lui
17. Knight / Gubb

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

Any more news on Adam Milner for Castleford Tigers? He looks the goods great in defence just what we need. Mike McKeeken also looks great. I like the idea of us looking at some more English recruits they want to test themselves in the best comp and aren’t coming over for a big pay day like Paulo and Boyd. Play for the club rather than the coin

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Milner video interesting. Doesn’t look lazy and can defend. “It’s a yes from me”
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Nadruku »

sprintman wrote:Milner video interesting. Doesn’t look lazy and can defend. “It’s a yes from me”
Yeah at least he moves up in defence and doesn’t let the attacker make a easy 10 + meters

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Dusty wrote: May 21, 2018, 7:46 pm If we have signed J. Bateman and R. Sutton our pack will be very different. It will be interesting how it lines up. I think Papalii or Tapine will have to play in the middle (prop). I think Papalii is doing that at the moment albeit in the 13 (same/ similar).

So....

8. Sutton
9. Hodgson
10. Papalii
11. Whitehead
12. Tapine
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Soliola
16. Lui
17. Knight / Gubb

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It’s not the worst pack i’ve ever seen, i reckon Bateman and whitehead swap
Positions but it probably doesn’t make too much difference.
Anyway it will be nice to see a mobile pack for change rather than the slow lazy unfit middle we have seen for the most part of the last 18 months. Hoping Guler, Murchie and Horsburgh can develop and push the likes of Gubb out
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Guler and Horsburgh are playing 60 minutes a week at Mounties and posting good numbers. They will be playing firsts next year, Guler from round 1 I reckon. If Guler is the mysterious player 30 in the squad I reckon he will play this year.
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

Lack of activity in the market from us has me very worried... it’s seriously concerning that Luke Bateman could be starting prop. If the club want to move forward, they will throw the bank at Klemmer and/or Taupau and sign a decent half.
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

First post but long time reader. I agree about Sneyd. Look what the Hull coach Radford said about him in the British press. And boy do we need someone who can close out a tight game.

“In the first two years of my life as a head coach we lost an unbelievable amount of matches by four and six points which tells you the effort was phenomenal during that period but we didn’t have the execution and the ability to kill a game off. It has changed and Sneydy is a big reason for that.”
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

KasparRaider wrote: May 21, 2018, 8:53 pm

First post but long time reader. I agree about Sneyd. Look what the Hull coach Radford said about him in the British press. And boy do we need someone who can close out a tight game.

“In the first two years of my life as a head coach we lost an unbelievable amount of matches by four and six points which tells you the effort was phenomenal during that period but we didn’t have the execution and the ability to kill a game off. It has changed and Sneydy is a big reason for that.”
:welcome:
That would be great
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Nadruku »

Sweet get it done, Sneyd, Bateman, Milner in Boyd, Paulo, Austin out

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

If history has taught me nothing else, and it hasnt. It's that girls should to girls sports like oil wrestling, and foxy boxing, and such and such. And that English halves are sure things

Bring on Sneydy