All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by The Nickman »

Brew wrote:
mamando wrote:Crocker would be on huge overs relative to the position he plays. Only this club would seriously overpay for fluffy things like long(ish) service and the captaincy, rather than performance relative to the norm or importance of position to the team. How about instead of paying rep level money to someone that will never play rep football, we go out and find someone (in a more key position than Centre ****) worthy of the price tag?

Surely that’s cap management 101?

On the other hand, Wighton would definitely getting fullback money... problem is he’s one of the worst fullbacks in the league.

It still amazes me people can’t spell our captain’s surname right.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Should be a bannable offence
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Ruben Daley wrote: May 8, 2018, 6:27 am The average salary will be about $310,000, so if we pay Marty Taupau $900,000, we have to pay another three other guys $115,000 or so just to even it out.
On top of the couple of guys balancing out Hodgo’s salary and whoever’s getting unders to offset Cotric, Rapana, Leilua, Wighton, Croker, Sezer, Papalii (if he stays) etc.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ruben Daley wrote: May 8, 2018, 6:27 am The average salary will be about $310,000, so if we pay Marty Taupau $900,000, we have to pay another three other guys $115,000 or so just to even it out.
If we pay them properly we should have no shortage of players who would be on that sort of cash though.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 6:37 am
Brew wrote:
mamando wrote:Crocker would be on huge overs relative to the position he plays. Only this club would seriously overpay for fluffy things like long(ish) service and the captaincy, rather than performance relative to the norm or importance of position to the team. How about instead of paying rep level money to someone that will never play rep football, we go out and find someone (in a more key position than Centre ****) worthy of the price tag?

Surely that’s cap management 101?

On the other hand, Wighton would definitely getting fullback money... problem is he’s one of the worst fullbacks in the league.

It still amazes me people can’t spell our captain’s surname right.

Should be a bannable offence
Auto-correct guys, not done deliberately. Have gone back and fixed. I don’t think anyone who watches the team each week thinks of him as “Crocker”.

Good though that that’s the point you take from the post. Way to stay on top of the big issues guys!
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

I wonder if some of you are as pedantic and self-righteous in person as you behave in here. If so, life must be harrrrrd
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Jack Hetherington, son of Brett, nephew of Mullins looks a prospect at Penrith

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

mamando wrote: May 8, 2018, 7:25 am I wonder if some of you are as pedantic and self-righteous in person as you behave in here. If so, life must be harrrrrd
I deal with contracts and trademarks. So, yes.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Taupau would flourish here with his offloads, we'd carve off the back of him.

He goes to UTS though, bought a place near there too, can't see him leaving Sydney.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

The Mole is saying the Storm are chasing after Sezer for next year
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

mamando wrote: May 8, 2018, 7:25 am I wonder if some of you are as pedantic and self-righteous in person as you behave in here. If so, life must be harrrrrd
If we were having a beer together and you referred to him as Crocker, then yes... yes I would be.

I also get a bit antsy when it's your shout.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Raiders666 wrote:The Mole is saying the Storm are chasing after Sezer for next year
Goooorrrrrrnnnnn

Surely he'd take that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Sossman wrote: May 8, 2018, 9:30 am
Raiders666 wrote:The Mole is saying the Storm are chasing after Sezer for next year
Goooorrrrrrnnnnn

Surely he'd take that?

You would think so
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I certainly am, and yes, it is.

I trust this helps.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

mamando wrote:I wonder if some of you are as pedantic and self-righteous in person as you behave in here. If so, life must be harrrrrd
Life is hard.

But you know what isn't hard. Spelling. Spelling isn't hard.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Post by Relax-init »

Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 10:15 am
mamando wrote:I wonder if some of you are as pedantic and self-righteous in person as you behave in here. If so, life must be harrrrrd
Life is hard.

+1. If you plan on trolling someone at least focus on your punctuation, spelling and grammar. This webpage uses spellcheck....
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Boyd was reportedly offered 550k. Paulo was probably offered a bit more say 650k.
You can replace them with a top level forward and sign someone else in that amount of cap space. If you want to move your cap elsewhere you could buy a top forward and sign a depth min wage player.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 12:53 pm
Life is hard.

+1. If you plan on trolling someone at least focus on your punctuation, spelling and grammar. This webpage uses spellcheck....
Wow. One letter out of place and everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on me. What a toxic atmosphere this place is.

Certainly not sure where I’m the “troll”?

Relax-init (and others, if you’re up for it) - seeing as you’re taking personal issue with my spelling and punctuation, how about you go back through my posts and check them. If you can find any spelling or punctuation faux pas, or even one single “Crocker” (I’ve mentioned him many times - take a look) I’ll be extremely surprised. But until you do that, pull your **** heads in, get back in your **** boxes, and talk football.

Greeneyed- this is straight up bullying mate.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, I can 100% confirm Mamando isn’t a troll, I have no idea where that comment came from from Relax-in-it

I’ve always quite enjoyed mamando’s posting, but I still think Crocker should be a bannable offense

Apologies if my post was taken the wrong way, mate
Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Post by Relax-init »

mamando wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:49 pm
Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 12:53 pm
Life is hard.

Wow. One letter out of place and everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on me. What a toxic atmosphere this place is.

Certainly not sure where I’m the “troll”?

Relax-init (and others, if you’re up for it) - seeing as you’re taking personal issue with my spelling and punctuation, how about you go back through my posts and check them. If you can find any spelling or punctuation faux pas, or even one single “Crocker” (I’ve mentioned him many times - take a look) I’ll be extremely surprised. But until you do that, pull your **** heads in, get back in your **** boxes, and talk football.

Greeneyed- this is straight up bullying mate.
Calling those who post pedantic and self-righteous isn't being a troll? That's odd, what would you call it? :hmmm
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:52 pm Yeah, I can 100% confirm Mamando isn’t a troll, I have no idea where that comment came from from Relax-in-it

I’ve always quite enjoyed mamando’s posting, but I still think Crocker should be a bannable offense Image

Nickman you’re good pal - you are a fellow man of strong opinions, I appreciate that.

I just felt the reaction to a genuine mistake (one that has actually bothered me in the past, esp on thread titles) has been WAY over the top, hence why I’ve arked up about it.

Relax-init, you have just jumped in to add nothing but criticism in the safety of a group already doing so. That is classic bully behaviour and I’m calling you out on it.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

mamando wrote: May 8, 2018, 2:02 pm
The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:52 pm Yeah, I can 100% confirm Mamando isn’t a troll, I have no idea where that comment came from from Relax-in-it

I’ve always quite enjoyed mamando’s posting, but I still think Crocker should be a bannable offense Image

Nickman you’re good pal - you are a fellow man of strong opinions, I appreciate that.

I just felt the reaction to a genuine mistake (one that has actually bothered me in the past, esp on thread titles) has been WAY over the top, hence why I’ve arked up about it.

Relax-init, you have just jumped in to add nothing but criticism in the safety of a group already doing so. That is classic bully behaviour and I’m calling you out on it.
All good, buddy. My post was tongue-in-cheek about the Croker/Crocker thing anyway, just goes to show how tone just doesn't convey well at all by text haha
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It was certainly perplexing to me, given Nickman's very strong assertion that the minutiae of posts should be ignored to focus on, you know, like the vibe of them.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

T_R wrote:

It was certainly perplexing to me, given Nickman's very strong assertion that the minutiae of posts should be ignored to focus on, you know, like the vibe of them.
Confirmed: Nickman is indeed Dennis Denuto.

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 8, 2018, 2:25 pm

You still salty about that, TR? What intrigues me is how quick you flipped to outright abuse too, after completely misconstruing my post. Seemed very out of character, and behaviour I don't remember (nor do I ever intend) replicating.

It's a sad day for the Greenhouse in general.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:lol: Oh, puhlease

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Look, I'm not going to say my feelings WEREN'T hurt by your outburst... but I'll be ok. I'll get over it, old friend.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

An Albi-esque effort. You should be proud.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: May 8, 2018, 2:37 pm An Albi-esque effort. You should be proud.
You know I take that as a compliment of the HIGHEST order, right??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

As it was intended, I'm sure.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Could everyone be a bit nicer to each other today please?
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by LastRaider »

Are the raiders going to have anyone left to resign soon. Sezer, Paulo, Papilii, Boyd.. there all going.

Very bad management from Raiders if we lost all key players for next year. If we end up with Williams/Austin next year, shoot me now

luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

I'm not sure it's worth believing everything written on the internet
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

That's going straight to the pool room!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 8, 2018, 3:24 pm Could everyone be a bit nicer to each other today please?
Ok deal. For you Fergus, anything. I'll be nicer to everyone on the forum for the rest of the day.

TR, I'll see you outside by the bike racks first thing in the morning.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Could everyone be a bit nicer on an ongoing basis please? If a poster is describing the way he's been treated as cyber bullying and the atmosphere as being toxic... well we just can't have that. So, I do ask that everyone thinks about the language they use, be more measured and be nicer people. You can still make your points without being rude to each other.