Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Re: Corey Norman in Green

Post by CJR »

I'd take Norman. Once he gets out of Sydney he'll calm down with the off field stuff and I think he's a good player.

I'm making the stuff up about him calming down but I'd like to think they'd get it out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by BigPapa »

greeneyed wrote: April 3, 2018, 10:14 am Given Kyle Flanagan is the son of the Sharks coach, I suspect it'd be a bit difficult to tempt him away. Brock Lamb doesn't seem to be transitioning too well to first grade IMO.
Townsend and Moylan are locked up long term I don't think it would be real difficult to lure him away if he's ready for 1st grade.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

What about Shaun Johnson? With Green going so well the Warriors may want to spend money elsewhere.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

27 and hasn't hit his potential due to poor discipline. I don't think he is the right type of player to target.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

BigPapa wrote:
greeneyed wrote: April 3, 2018, 10:14 am Given Kyle Flanagan is the son of the Sharks coach, I suspect it'd be a bit difficult to tempt him away. Brock Lamb doesn't seem to be transitioning too well to first grade IMO.
Townsend and Moylan are locked up long term I don't think it would be real difficult to lure him away if he's ready for 1st grade.
Also given there is nothing but media hype to suggest Flanagan is any good I'd be steering clear.
Hasn't even proven a good reserve grade half yet.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

He’s a very good half though. Much better than Austin.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I would swap Arthur and Norman with Austin and Stuart in a heartbeat!
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Can we just do the Ponga style recruitment and throw the bank at this kid!!!

The thing that separates this young half from most is he loves to tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

CJR wrote:I think it's been said before but I really wish we'd thrown the bank at Maloney when he was available and sold our halves earlier to fund it.

Whole heartedly agree

Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

Swap Norman for Sezer.

Keep Austin.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Parramatta were playing better when Norman was directing the team around the park. Moses seems to be the new Farrah.

But will Norman fix our god awful line speed? Will Norman help our slow middle and edge defenders?
If not it’ll only paper over the cracks
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

Norman has shown he can control a game from 7, whether he is living up to his potential or not at least his shown us he is capable of managing a game, and being a game breaker, and maybe, maybe even kicking a field goal :woot: ...Austin, im sorry, he's garbage, he had a brief purple patch in 2015 based off a brief spurt of confidence from finally nailing down a first grade position but seriously once that dummy was figured out he's been awful, bad kicking game, bad defence, can't control a game, he seems to be an unsettling presence also, greeeeat goal line drop outs though A+ right there....Anyway, Sezer could push out to 5/8 his preferred position and then we might see the best out of him also.
T_R
Don Furner

Re: Corey Norman in green?

Post by T_R »

Can he play fullback?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Corey Norman in green?

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:Can he play fullback?

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Can Albert Kelly?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Norman would do well on the piss in Canberra haha...I'd give him 2 months
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Robert the Bruce wrote: April 3, 2018, 12:27 pm Norman has shown he can control a game from 7, whether he is living up to his potential or not at least his shown us he is capable of managing a game, and being a game breaker, and maybe, maybe even kicking a field goal :woot: ...Austin, im sorry, he's garbage, he had a brief purple patch in 2015 based off a brief spurt of confidence from finally nailing down a first grade position but seriously once that dummy was figured out he's been awful, bad kicking game, bad defence, can't control a game, he seems to be an unsettling presence also, greeeeat goal line drop outs though A+ right there....Anyway, Sezer could push out to 5/8 his preferred position and then we might see the best out of him also.
:thumbsup
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Norman? Deary me. Have you blokes been watching Norman this year? He isn't going any better than Austin or Sezer.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

The Nickman wrote: April 3, 2018, 11:56 am I would swap Arthur and Norman with Austin and Stuart in a heartbeat!
Supercoach Arthur ay. The bloke that's guided the eels to the 8 once in 5 years?He's as big a myth as Stuart is.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Bennyinthewest wrote:

I’m not the biggest fan of Tanah Boyd, he has played all of his footy (Keebra, South Coast, QLD, Aust etc) with a massive and dominate forward pack. Hitting the short lead to David Fafita 9 times out of 10.

Having said that he does have a good kicking game and displays a number of key skills. But he is several years off first grade standard. We already have Bambling who is a couple of years further along in development. Boyd would be 18 or 19?? So needs a few years in Q cup playing against men.

Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Well bring albert kelly back from the uk... thatll be the "big" signing i reckon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I found a moon rock in my nose....
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

The Raiders problems dont lie in their attack. We score plenty of points, usually more than enough to win games.
The issue is defence.
The issue is our forwards failing to dominate opposition teams, and covering for the halves defensively.

Williams / Sezer / Austin are certainly not the first and only halves that have been considered road bumps in defense. The difference with other teams is their halves get protection or defend on the wings.
Raiden
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Raiden »

Norman? No, give me a half that can kick properly please. No need for another 'running' half. One that could generate a repeat set would be nice.
#hungry
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

edwahu wrote: April 3, 2018, 11:27 am What about Shaun Johnson? With Green going so well the Warriors may want to spend money elsewhere.
I could see him taking unders to stay if he has to. He's put up with so much **** to see them become a success unless they win a prem this year I can't see him ever leaving.
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins

Post by Bennyinthewest »

RTW wrote:
Bennyinthewest wrote:

I’m not the biggest fan of Tanah Boyd, he has played all of his footy (Keebra, South Coast, QLD, Aust etc) with a massive and dominate forward pack. Hitting the short lead to David Fafita 9 times out of 10.

Having said that he does have a good kicking game and displays a number of key skills. But he is several years off first grade standard. We already have Bambling who is a couple of years further along in development. Boyd would be 18 or 19?? So needs a few years in Q cup playing against men.
Yeah agree, fafita is a great person to have off your hip.

I like how he likes to get in front in defence.

Time will tell, I still like bambling too

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Any thoughts on going after Josh Reynolds from Tigers? He might be interested to come to a club where he is main half? He would be a great mentor to bring Bambling on in a few years..

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

LastRaider wrote: April 3, 2018, 9:08 pm Any thoughts on going after Josh Reynolds from Tigers? He might be interested to come to a club where he is main half? He would be a great mentor to bring Bambling on in a few years..

If i were to pinch a Tigz half, Id have another crack at Lolohea. He was very good at 6 for them last yr. Looks solid at FB this yr too.

Josh Reynolds is a 9 masquerading as a 6.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'd rather look at our forwards tbh, I think that's where our issues start
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Leeson Ah Mau (prop)
Keegan Hipgrave (lock)
Siosaia Vave (prop)
Tim Glasby (lock, despite the memes he can at least tackle and is very fit)

Are all good middle targets that wouldn't break the bank. We could upgrade Guler. If you wanted to go up a level:

Nathan Brown could leave Parra.
Reagan Campbell-Gillard would be worth good coin and would be an excellent counter point to Boyd. Depends where you want to spend your dosh.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

No tw, it's coaching where it starts
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

If we want to sign a star young forward to replace a Papalii or Paulo (assuming one or both leave) I would rather we didn't blow our wad on Felise Kaufusi (if the rumour is true, I have only seen it posted here so who knows if it is bs). I would much rather go real hard at Viliame Kikau for 2020 and beyond. He is an absolute gun. Plus the Panthers will be doing all they can to keep Nathan Cleary and with Yeo, Harawira-Naera and Fisher-Harris they have great 2nd row depth. Plus the plethora of Panthers juniors coming through.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Even Yeo would be a good target if they have to spend big to keep the others.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

zim wrote:Leeson Ah Mau (prop)
Keegan Hipgrave (lock)
Siosaia Vave (prop)
Tim Glasby (lock, despite the memes he can at least tackle and is very fit)

Are all good middle targets that wouldn't break the bank. We could upgrade Guler. If you wanted to go up a level:

Nathan Brown could leave Parra.
Reagan Campbell-Gillard would be worth good coin and would be an excellent counter point to Boyd. Depends where you want to spend your dosh.
Those players would be good for our team. Send list to Raiders HQ

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

woppadingo wrote: April 3, 2018, 7:30 pm The Raiders problems dont lie in their attack. We score plenty of points, usually more than enough to win games.
The issue is defence.
The issue is our forwards failing to dominate opposition teams, and covering for the halves defensively.

Williams / Sezer / Austin are certainly not the first and only halves that have been considered road bumps in defense. The difference with other teams is their halves get protection or defend on the wings.
It's more than just attack vs defence, it's also game management: controlling and limiting possession flow, territory. Those things directly impact both attack and defence.

Our defence is woeful though, absolutely.
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Listening to the fifth and last podcast. Speculation that Stuart is after Albert Kelly, Farah and Hastings.

VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Green_Hammock wrote:Listening to the fifth and last podcast. Speculation that Stuart is after Albert Kelly, Farah and Hastings.

Kelly id take but Hastings is no better than sezer or Austin, and he currently can't oust Lachlan Croker from the Eagles starting side

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk