Raiders Peter Mulholland admits pre-season flaws

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Raiders Peter Mulholland admits pre-season flaws

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders recruitment chief Peter Mulholland admits 2017 pre-season flaws

RAIDERS head of recruitment Peter Mulholland has given a frank assessment of the club’s pre-season flaws that led to a below-par 2017.

“Our lack of depth was evident,” Mulholland revealed. “We probably had a lighter off-season than we’d ever had and we played a debacle of a trial against Newcastle. I don’t think we went in prepared. Ricky hasn’t left a stone unturned to go as hard as we can in the off-season.”

Read more and podcast: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7e99f241e3
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Raiders Peter Mulholland admits pre-season flaws

Post by -TW- »

Huzzah they worked it out, about 6 months after it mattered
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

How did I only just find out he was the inaugural coach of the Western Reds?

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Well this off season is even lighter.

One trial still, no9s..

And how about our depth ? Has it been filled with players who can make a difference ?

I suggest the use of our fresh bench players was inadequate in 2017. Let's hope Ricky uses it better this season...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

-PJ- wrote:Well this off season is even lighter.

One trial still, no9s..

And how about our depth ? Has it been filled with players who can make a difference ?

I suggest the use of our fresh bench players was inadequate in 2017. Let's hope Ricky uses it better this season...
The Panthers game was an obvious highlight of how not to use your bench.

You had Big prop's gassed, yet one of your interchange forwards only played 7 minutes.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders recruitment chief Peter Mulholland admits 2017 pre-season flaws

RAIDERS head of recruitment Peter Mulholland has given a frank assessment of the club’s pre-season flaws that led to a below-par 2017.

“Our lack of depth was evident,” Mulholland revealed. “We probably had a lighter off-season than we’d ever had and we played a debacle of a trial against Newcastle. I don’t think we went in prepared. Ricky hasn’t left a stone unturned to go as hard as we can in the off-season.”

Read more and podcast: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 7e99f241e3
Fair dinkumImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Notaroboticfish wrote:How did I only just find out he was the inaugural coach of the Western Reds?

From memory he was a highly successful junior coach (at St Gregorys ?) in the Commonwealth bank cup for several years before making the step up. We had Shaun McCrae as our coach around that time and I thought he was one of the worst coaches I had ever had.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

gergreg wrote:
Notaroboticfish wrote:How did I only just find out he was the inaugural coach of the Western Reds?

From memory he was a highly successful junior coach (at St Gregorys ?) in the Commonwealth bank cup for several years before making the step up. We had Shaun McCrae as our coach around that time and I thought he was one of the worst coaches I had ever had.
McCrae was a psychopath.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
gergreg wrote:

McCrae was a psychopath.
"The only rule of McCrae's Rules is that if the other boy drops the ball, you have to stop kicking him if I'm watching"

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gergreg wrote:

McCrae may or may not have been able to coach. But he was the best PE Teacher Holder High ever had.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
gergreg wrote:

McCrae may or may not have been able to coach. But he was the best PE Teacher Holder High ever had.
I went to Melrose and we had some epic RL battles with Holder.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BJ wrote:
gergreg wrote:

And an outstanding Health teacher:

"So yeah...there's hetrosexuality, which is where you do it with a girl. And there's homosexuality, but I'm sure there's none of you boys like that"

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
BJ wrote:
gergreg wrote:

"So yeah...there's hetrosexuality, which is where you do it with a girl. And there's homosexuality, but I'm sure there's none of you boys like that"
You had his health classes too?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

I hope papa and leilua have been absolutely flogged this year. We need them to fire this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
BJ wrote:
gergreg wrote:

You had his health classes too?
Taught me everything I know.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

You'd be in trouble if he taught you everything he knew!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Doesn’t sound like that would take overly long