2018 Canberra Raiders memberships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: 2018 Canberra Raiders memberships

Post by Bay53 »

One thing I had about American sports (I know Toronto is in Canada) is the way they call the fans “guests”.

Might be a moot point and I know there are no voting rights but when I go to Canberra Stadium I feel an ownership for the team and would feel a bit offended being referred to as a “guest”.

But aside from that the presentation of American sports is superb.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Notaroboticfish wrote:I don’t like the second suggestion. The only reason the military has such a big presence at American sporting games is to try and create a sense of patriotism amongst idiots, we don’t need that here

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm not really sure how I feel about this post. Probably because I'm not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying idiots are not patriotic?
Or idiots ARE patriotic?

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea either. I love the buzz around ANZAC day, it's very special for all sorts of reasons.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

dubby wrote: February 3, 2018, 8:13 pm
Notaroboticfish wrote:I don’t like the second suggestion. The only reason the military has such a big presence at American sporting games is to try and create a sense of patriotism amongst idiots, we don’t need that here

I'm not really sure how I feel about this post. Probably because I'm not sure I understand your point.

Or idiots ARE patriotic?

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea either. I love the buzz around ANZAC day, it's very special for all sorts of reasons.

Idiots get patriotic super easily and people that do feel a sense of patriotism from the military appearing at sporting games, generally are idiots
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

It is interesting to read that a number of clubs in Sydney have got together to cap prices on entrance and food. I only had a quick read but it sounded pretty good

Personally I have never really bought into the idea that the food prices are a problem. Very few people arrive at the game early so in total you are only inside the grounds for two hours. Why do you need to eat?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Notaroboticfish wrote:

Or idiots ARE patriotic?

Idiots get patriotic super easily and people that do feel a sense of patriotism from the military appearing at sporting games, generally are idiots
In general the American population has a huge amount of respect for their service men and women compared to Australia. This goes for military, police, fire fighters and emergency/health services. I'd much rather see the over the top respect instead of the downright contempt that many Australians have.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

gergreg wrote: February 5, 2018, 1:32 pm
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Or idiots ARE patriotic?

In general the American population has a huge amount of respect for their service men and women compared to Australia. This goes for military, police, fire fighters and emergency/health services. I'd much rather see the over the top respect instead of the downright contempt that many Australians have.

^^^^ spot on, now days australians sook about police trying to do their jobs and act like they are the bad guys and the crooks are the victims, make me sick.
raider 4 life
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

gergreg wrote: February 5, 2018, 1:32 pm
Notaroboticfish wrote:

Or idiots ARE patriotic?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yeah, maybe they have ott respect for most of those, but you cannot say they respect the police all that much; and really with the way they have been outright murdering innocent unarmed black people, I don’t really blame them
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships hit 14,173

The Canberra Raiders’ membership tally for 2018 has has now hit 14,173. That’s now ahead of the 13,282 people who had signed up in early February 2017. It is well behind the Broncos, Rabbitohs, Storm and Eels... but the Raiders are sixth on the NRL membership tally.

There’s still a fair way to go to match the Raiders’ record 2017 tally of 19,091! So sign up and support the team!

The Canberra Raiders Members Day will be held on Saturday 10 February at Raiders Belconnen. You can see the team train from 9:30am to 11:30, followed by a signing session. You need to be a member to attend, so that's another incentive to sign up now! Register for the event here: http://weareraiders.com.au/2018-raiders ... s-fan-day/

The Canberra Raiders junior teams will also be playing their first matches of the year at Raiders Belconnen from 12.15pm.

Click here: http://www.weareraiders.com.au to become a member.

Membership tallies for 2018

Broncos 28,183
Rabbitohs 25,987
Storm 18,807
Eels 18,696
Panthers 15,273
Raiders 14,173
Bulldogs 12,907
Knights 12,495
Dragons 12,212
Sharks 11,841
Roosters 11,746
Tigers 11,148
Cowboys 11,131
Sea Eagles 9,819
Warriors 8,575
Titans 5,405

Data: www.weareraiders.com.au
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31031-2 ... p-tracker/
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Bay53 wrote: February 3, 2018, 5:47 pm One thing I had about American sports (I know Toronto is in Canada) is the way they call the fans “guests”.

Might be a moot point and I know there are no voting rights but when I go to Canberra Stadium I feel an ownership for the team and would feel a bit offended being referred to as a “guest”.

But aside from that the presentation of American sports is superb.
That's news to me. At Air Canada Centre they introduce the Leafs as "Ladies and gentlemen, your Toronto Maple Leafs".
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships hit 15,316

The Canberra Raiders’ membership tally for 2018 has has now hit 15,316. That’s slightly ahead of the 14,552 people who had signed up in early February 2017. It is well behind the Broncos, Rabbitohs, Storm and Eels... but the Raiders have moved back into fifth on the NRL membership tally.

There’s still a fair way to go to match the Raiders’ record 2017 tally of 19,091! So sign up and support the team!

Click here: http://www.weareraiders.com.au to become a member.

Membership tallies for 2018

Broncos 28,183
Rabbitohs 26,075
Storm 19,259
Eels 19,233
Raiders 15,316
Panthers 15,273
Bulldogs 13,043
Knights 12,591
Dragons 12,493
Cowboys 12,247
Roosters 11,882
Sharks 11,841
Tigers 11,442
Sea Eagles 10,327
Warriors 8,575
Titans 5,405

Data: www.weareraiders.com.au
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/31031-2 ... p-tracker/
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Got our memberships in the mail today. One sticker completely useless due to negligent packing.

Wife generally happy with her pack, she loved the hat whereas I thought it was yuk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Well.......

In the past I have bagged Blake for looking like the fattest fit bloke ive ever seen, but this year, so far, hes looking very fit, lean and strong..bodes well.

Having said that I think in general the whole team is looking fit, maybe the tans?

How big and strong is Cotric looking !!!!

He makes BJ look normal size.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That's better than I thought we'd do considering how bad last year was
greeneyed
Don Furner

2018 Canberra Raiders memberships

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Austbrokers Canberra Raiders $1 million promotion

Proud Canberra Raiders Sponsor Austbrokers Canberra is giving Raiders Members and fans the chance to share in $1 million in 2018.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/02 ... promotion/
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

The Aust Brokers guy keeps saying he's excited... i would hate to see him bored. Ben had to nudge him a couple of times to wake him up. I saying that i want a t shirt so i will be there...
How soon IS now?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Tshirt cannons are bad news Image
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Now have 16,009 members