Aidan Sezer

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Jordan m
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Clinton s

Re: Aidan Sezer

Post by Jordan m »

Sezer tries but lacks any game awareness or management. His turn a player inside is sooo slow that is kills any lead up play or momentum and is no treat to any defence. There were a few times last night were we get on a roll and had the defence retreating and he hits a back rower.. common sense go through the hands to outside backs where the defence is stretched. His placement at ends of sets is embarrassing and lost any vision he had... I haven't seen him put a player in a gap for a long time now. Repeat sets it's his bread and butter but he can't even get that at the moment.. end over end bombs no treat and just handing the ball over. Sezer is turning into Trent H and at least brown identified and wasn't scared to drop him can Ricky do the same?
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

How good was that Sezer/Baptiste/Rapana outside in play when Sezer threw it 2 metres forward. Like clockwork wasn't it. Thought I was watching Slater, Smith and Cronk for a sec there.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Hazza wrote:How good was that Sezer/Baptiste/Rapana outside in play when Sezer threw it 2 metres forward. Like clockwork wasn't it. Thought I was watching Slater, Smith and Cronk for a sec there.
A classic example of a poorly drilled team. It was like they had a couple of walk throughs at the Captain's run on Friday then tried execute it in the game. Slater/Smith/Cronk work on those things tirelessly over many years.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Coastalraider wrote:
Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:Ok I'm officially on board.

Sezer out. He was not to blame for the loss tonight, but it was his chance to stand up and lead the team. What followed was probably his worst game in green. When it was given to him to lead exclusively, he was completely lost. He definatey got more touches that usual in the first half, but did nothing with it. I have no idea what has gone wrong with him since the titans, but it is undeniable that he is not up to it at the moment.

Let's hope Wakefield fall out of premiership contention and we can bring Sammy home early, because while he may not be our saving grace, at least he can control a team.
How do you figure that? We had 30% of the ball. Of which we dropped half of it and were rucking it from our end for the rest. He wasn't dropping it. He isnt the bloke who played at the Titans, so I agree there.
Whenever we had the ball, we looked lost. Our 3 tries came off lucky second phase or an individual break. The kick for the whitehead try was terribly weighted, and we were exceptionally lucky to get points from that play.
See I have to take issue with this
That kick was not poorly weighted at all, it was pretty much perfect, the ball took an awful bounce and went up off the point and had it not bounced so high Rapana steams on it with only Lachlan Coote in any position to stop him. I.E that's an easy try

The kick was fine and the bounce and subsequent VR error were unlucky and lucky for us
green eyebrow
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Tom Starling Elliot Whitehead

Post by green eyebrow »

Jordan m wrote:Sezer tries but lacks any game awareness or management. His turn a player inside is sooo slow that is kills any lead up play or momentum and is no treat to any defence. There were a few times last night were we get on a roll and had the defence retreating and he hits a back rower.. common sense go through the hands to outside backs where the defence is stretched. His placement at ends of sets is embarrassing and lost any vision he had... I haven't seen him put a player in a gap for a long time now. Repeat sets it's his bread and butter but he can't even get that at the moment.. end over end bombs no treat and just handing the ball over. Sezer is turning into Trent H and at least brown identified and wasn't scared to drop him can Ricky do the same?
My thoughts exactly. His game sense is like he has only started playing RLeague.
Must be dropped to NSW Cup and only, I say only when he smarten's up can be brought back in.
He looks great when he runs on the field. That's it

Same what Bennet did to Hunt.

Austin played better but another who...well u know
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Yeah fair point pig, but I saw it as one that should have been a chip, not a grubber. With Rapana flying on and flying high, I think it is more likely to get a result by taking the bounce of the ball out of the equation. We have potentially the best winger in the comp out there and we don't kick high to him.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I don't want that to cause ajdhda to lose him mind
I'm not defending Sezer's performance
In 80 minutes that kick and his tackle on Feldt were the only positive contributions
5waggy_dee
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by 5waggy_dee »

Pigman wrote:Yeah he didn't threaten at all early and then just disappeared, he wasn't good or bad, he wasn't there haha
But at least he didn't concede any terrible tries
Austin hasnt been there since 2015
green eyebrow
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Tom Starling Elliot Whitehead

Post by green eyebrow »

Northern Raider wrote:
Hazza wrote:How good was that Sezer/Baptiste/Rapana outside in play when Sezer threw it 2 metres forward. Like clockwork wasn't it. Thought I was watching Slater, Smith and Cronk for a sec there.
A classic example of a poorly drilled team. It was like they had a couple of walk throughs at the Captain's run on Friday then tried execute it in the game. Slater/Smith/Cronk work on those things tirelessly over many years.
Another I agree with...poorly drilled team. Is there another word to describe poor.
Let me say...pitiful.
Why do teams play well and with discipline for Bellamy and Bennet?
Ricky Stuart has bought good players, he does that well but does he know how to train them??

Brad Arthur is another who is a good coach...on the way up

A quote from Jack Gibson. He brought up a player from reserves (Bob Clapham)and said to him..."u have played 8 good games in reserve and it's only going to take 1 bad game in First's to put u back down there again.
volleyman
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by volleyman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:Can't kick, can't game manage, can't tackle.

Can't run, can't pass, can't play.

We will never win a premiership with him being the No. 7.

Has this guy done anything good this year ? He already had a year to settle in.

Happy Birthday Aidan - now **** off
Why isn't the coach stopping him playing?
There must be some potential there, we can't see it maybe, but the match committee picks him to play in the same position every week

I thought his unforced error rate yesterday was appalling.
If you took them away, would we have noticed he was on the field?
I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
Except we can. Except we did. And soon EVERYONE will know too.
volleyman
Gary Coyne

Post by volleyman »

Ultima wrote:The problem is both Sezer and Austin are no longer playing the style they excel at. This is Stuarts fault. Instead of getting players and letting them play their best possible natural game he tries to turn them into something else...
See, I don't know about that. People say a player is this way or that, and can't adapt.
It is far more likely the player has no idea what makes them great, it happens on reflex by pure instinct, and when it is dissected, the player isn't truly present to how thie job gets done

Put them back to their natural game
But when that becomes ineffective, when the other teams figure out the one trick in their book, they will get neutralised... and play 'worse'
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

-TW- wrote:This is a deep deep hole were in..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wait till we lose to Newcastle at home it will be deeper ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Let's throw some cash at Trent Hodkinson, tee him up with Williams in the halves and see if Stuart can do for Hodkinson what Barret has done for Uate , a rebirth in Green?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kryptonite wrote:Let's throw some cash at Trent Hodkinson, tee him up with Williams in the halves and see if Stuart can do for Hodkinson what Barret has done for Uate , a rebirth in Green?
You can't be serious...

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

greeneyed wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:Let's throw some cash at Trent Hodkinson, tee him up with Williams in the halves and see if Stuart can do for Hodkinson what Barret has done for Uate , a rebirth in Green?
You can't be serious...

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Well GE that's how desperate things are getting for us, I can't see us engineering another win this year with the current halves in the form they are in and confidence at an all time low
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Brew wrote:

This will be the ultimate kick to the twins.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

-PJ- wrote:
Brew wrote:

You know it's going to happen though in front of 7000 faithful fans

The Viking Clap should fire them up though

In Ricky We Trust
Blues87
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by Blues87 »

Any half in the comp would struggle behind our forward pack. They have gone backwards since last year. Not sure whats happened but they are getting dominated by most packs, where as last year we were killing teams up the middle. :cmon
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Blues87 wrote:Any half in the comp would struggle behind our forward pack. They have gone backwards since last year. Not sure whats happened but they are getting dominated by most packs, where as last year we were killing teams up the middle. :cmon
They drop the ball, that's what happened

volleyman
Gary Coyne

Post by volleyman »

Blues87 wrote:Any half in the comp would struggle behind our forward pack. They have gone backwards since last year. Not sure whats happened but they are getting dominated by most packs, where as last year we were killing teams up the middle. :cmon
If you play the same game week after week after week, and other clubs watch videos of your game, the simple, repeated plan will soon be figured out and neutralised
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

volleyman wrote:
If you play the same game week after week after week, and other clubs watch videos of your game, the simple, repeated plan will soon be figured out and neutralised
Are you saying teams have figured us out and we won't be blowing teams off the park like last year? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Hahah. This "teams have figured us out" is the new "little things"
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The bonus being we get to hear both quotes regularly this time around
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Jordan m wrote:Sezer tries but lacks any game awareness or management. His turn a player inside is sooo slow that is kills any lead up play or momentum and is no treat to any defence. There were a few times last night were we get on a roll and had the defence retreating and he hits a back rower.. common sense go through the hands to outside backs where the defence is stretched. His placement at ends of sets is embarrassing and lost any vision he had... I haven't seen him put a player in a gap for a long time now. Repeat sets it's his bread and butter but he can't even get that at the moment.. end over end bombs no treat and just handing the ball over. Sezer is turning into Trent H and at least brown identified and wasn't scared to drop him can Ricky do the same?
Everything he does is in slow motion. And not in the good "the defensive line is going to stop and watch" Jason Smith way.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Brew wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
Brew wrote:

Losing to the Knights is always sick making.

Retire the Viking clap for the rest of the regular season.

That should only be performed for winners and whatever special occasions are left..
Last edited by yurithe1 on July 14, 2017, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

I don't want to say I told you so - but I do. I told you so.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

When we run up the middle we dominate teams still this year. The fact we can't hold onto the ball is killing us.
Green Hornet
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine / Josh Papalli

Post by Green Hornet »

I may be in the minority but I think we need to get behind Sezer. We know the guy can play from his time at the Titans but has only showed glimpses of this when at the Raiders.

If the rumours are true about Austin wanting out, I see keeping Sezer as a priority.

If we compare the 2 players, Sezer has more strings to his bow. He can play both 1/2 and 5/8 whereby Austin is mainly a 5/8. Their running game is similar although Austin is better at backing up the play but Sezer is a better defender. He is also a handy goal kicker when Croker is unavailable and has a better passing game.

Although is short and long kicking game hasn't been up to the standard we expected of him, I see more scope in his kicking game than Austins.

It looks to me that Sezer is still trying to own the team being the late-comer to the squad. (similar to the DCE situation at Manly) If Austin goes I can see Sezer taking more ownership of the result but at this stage I see Austin having more influence as he as been with the team for a few years now.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

CLassic case of too many cooks
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

woppadingo wrote:CLassic case of too many chooks
I fixed it for ya.
WorkChoice
rusty83
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by rusty83 »

Sezer was mostly trash again tonight, but the 40/20 kick was absolute world class. If he's got that in his toolkit i wonder what else hes got hidden in there.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Agree. Straight garbage most of the night.
But two HUGE plays that keep the season alive. Those sorts of plays can sometimes really make a difference in a player. Lets hope it's the case for Sezer. Because that 40/20 is EXACTLY why he's here.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

LP Raider wrote:
woppadingo wrote:CLassic case of too many chooks
I fixed it for ya.
I'd be happy if we signed a few Roosters tbh
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Pigman wrote:Agree. Straight garbage most of the night.
But two HUGE plays that keep the season alive. Those sorts of plays can sometimes really make a difference in a player. Lets hope it's the case for Sezer. Because that 40/20 is EXACTLY why he's here.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

hrundi89 wrote:
Pigman wrote:Agree. Straight garbage most of the night.
Sums it up nicely.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).