No votes
Sea Eagles 1-12
10%
Sea Eagles 13+
40%

Total votes: 10

RaidingZ
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson + the entire 16/17 squad!

Re: 2017 Rd 13 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by RaidingZ »

Crocodile wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:How about the haymaker on Austin .. Bateman had his nose broken last week .. is it only Raiders players that don't have heads
I'm canning my Foxtel sports I'm sick of paying the nrl to allow the games to be refereed in this way. If a player infringes penalise them. Had enough of this crap. Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sure you will champ.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

-PJ- wrote:Just received this text from a mate -

I thought the Raiders did ok with 15 men considering Manly had 15 men all day.
hahahah ultimate troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

To quote a former coaching great ... We really need to start doing the Little Things right.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote:To quote a former coaching great ... We really need to start doing the Little Things right.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's the little things....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

How about Whitehead just taking the ball off Tapow on tackle 5 thinking it was a hand over !!

Manly still had 1 play left...

I think a knock on was ruled against Tapow....priceless Mr Sutton.
Crocodile
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Crocodile »

RaidingZ wrote:
Crocodile wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:How about the haymaker on Austin .. Bateman had his nose broken last week .. is it only Raiders players that don't have heads
I'm canning my Foxtel sports I'm sick of paying the nrl to allow the games to be refereed in this way. If a player infringes penalise them. Had enough of this crap. Image

Sure you will champ.
Who asked you champ?

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Did Andy Raymond swallow a sheep ?
Crocodile
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Crocodile »

-PJ- wrote:How about Whitehead just taking the ball off Tapow on tackle 5 thinking it was a hand over !!

Manly still had 1 play left...

I think a knock on was ruled against Tapow....priceless Mr Sutton.
2 plays later cherry Evans all over Croker in the ruck and Croker loses it in the play the ball. No penalty - square up complete.

CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

Haha. A dummy spit and some absolutely fair criticism of our team and that is equal to abandonment. Pull your **** heads in.

This team played like garbage in the first half and has played pretty bloody average all season with little to no improvement. It's time that some accountability is taken. Players need to be put on notice, game plans need to be changed and sprays need to be given.

More likely? We read another 5 articles this week about this and that and then get pumped by Penrith next week. Unless something changes and changes now you can expect that all year.

This isn't good enough. Today isn't good enough. That's reality.

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

It's hard to be critical when we were down to 15 and lost it on home ground calls. Leiluas pass was 50/50 but the Manly defence didn't attempt to stop the play they just threw their hands up and the ref gave them the benefit of the doubt. Uate clearly makes a play at the ball and we could of got a penalty that would of given us a chance to win it but once again Manly got the benefit of the doubt. Tough loss to take but it was a great comeback that didn't get the right result, if we found a way to win in gp it would of been the win of the season. Bring on the Panthers next week.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Pigman wrote:I blame myself for this
I moved seats just before our 2nd try

Sat there right up until GP, then had to go out with the wife and kids (held off as long as my wife would allow me) and watched GP in the car on Foxtel go
You bastard!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Season pretty much done and dusted, we might scrape the finals but difficult to see us doing much more.

Very disappointing after last season given we know what this roster is capable of.

Yeah, brave effort to come back with some abominable refereeing but we've lost far too many of the close games in the last 10 months and it's killing us. If we were good enough, we would have won more of them.

I thought Sezer sucked, and I have actually in the past stuck up for his role in this side. Austin started the year well but not sure what's been going on with him lately.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

CJR wrote:Haha. A dummy spit and some absolutely fair criticism of our team and that is equal to abandonment. Pull your **** heads in.

This team played like garbage in the first half and has played pretty bloody average all season with little to no improvement. It's time that some accountability is taken. Players need to be put on notice, game plans need to be changed and sprays need to be given.

More likely? We read another 5 articles this week about this and that and then get pumped by Penrith next week. Unless something changes and changes now you can expect that all year.

Any fairdinkum supporter who actually understands how the game is played these days cannot possibly be happy with any of our performances since we beat a busted Titans 6 or 7 rounds ago.
All this feel good BS about "well done lads" "great second half" is dead set embarrasing, as long time and long term suffering Raiders die hards we deserve BETTER with this roster and experience, Rapana is the only bloke in Green (sorry **** grey) i woukd feed after that piss poor effort
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I agree with the sentiments. It's not good enough. If we want to be a leader in this comp (which I thought we might be verging on after last year), we need to be far, far more professional.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

julian87 wrote:Last week I argued that the refereeing was good. Today it was terrible IMO. The only bad call against us was the Taupau/Whitehead incident IMO
You and I agreeing again julian.

Last week I defended the refs too. This week they were there to ref one side. Harshly.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I can't believe there are actually Manly fans on social media having a whinge about the refereeing. What a pack of gronks.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

Other than the last 10mins of the 1st half (when some fatigue set in) we played as well could be expected. Struggling with two less in the bench and some unlucky calls I thought the players dug in and never gave up. Proud of the boys in what is truly a season without any luck.
I don't post facts
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

BVRaider wrote:It's hard to be critical when we were down to 15 and lost it on home ground calls. Leiluas pass was 50/50 but the Manly defence didn't attempt to stop the play they just threw their hands up and the ref gave them the benefit of the doubt. Uate clearly makes a play at the ball and we could of got a penalty that would of given us a chance to win it but once again Manly got the benefit of the doubt. Tough loss to take but it was a great comeback that didn't get the right result, if we found a way to win in gp it would of been the win of the season. Bring on the Panthers next week.
Spot on

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

2017 Rd 13 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by Botman »

Raidersfan wrote:Other than the last 10mins of the 1st half (when some fatigue set in) we played as well could be expected. Struggling with two less in the bench and some unlucky calls I thought the players dug in and never gave up. Proud of the boys in what is truly a season without any luck.
Haha you can't be the same guy
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Pigman wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:Other than the last 10mins of the 1st half (when some fatigue set in) we played as well could be expected. Struggling with two less in the bench and some unlucky calls I thought the players dug in and never gave up. Proud of the boys in what is truly a season without any luck.
Haha you can't be the same guy
I think he's just given up mate.
This place is woke.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

fulivai wrote:
BVRaider wrote:It's hard to be critical when we were down to 15 and lost it on home ground calls. Leiluas pass was 50/50 but the Manly defence didn't attempt to stop the play they just threw their hands up and the ref gave them the benefit of the doubt. Uate clearly makes a play at the ball and we could of got a penalty that would of given us a chance to win it but once again Manly got the benefit of the doubt. Tough loss to take but it was a great comeback that didn't get the right result, if we found a way to win in gp it would of been the win of the season. Bring on the Panthers next week.
Spot on
Agree

You forgot to mention the obvious offside at the ruck on the Manly line .. haven't seen a more obvious penalty not given .. there was nothing subjective above, it was a penalty
I don't post facts
RaidingZ
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by RaidingZ »

Crocodile wrote:
RaidingZ wrote:
Crocodile wrote:

Sure you will champ.
Who asked you champ?

There was no question. I was merely replying to your knee jerk sook statement. If you do actually cancel FOX then I will stand corrected and apologize.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

The raiders remind me of the South African cricket team..... full of potential with guys like Amla and Deviliers.... but the reality is that they are far too inconsistent and will never make it to a final i.e they'll choke in the cricket world cup by bowing out in the semis.

Also, did anyone else laugh when they watched Cherry Evans post match interview when he was continually building us up by saying we are actually a "good team which is well coached" :lol:
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Putting aside our rd 1 performance and Rapana, Papalii and Cotric -

We are now going into rd 14 and apart from Paulo I can honestly say that not one of our other players have improved or shown any sort of form turnaround from Rd 2 onwards consistently.

Yes some players have had a good game here and there or a good half, but for half the season now we are still a team out of form and committing the same basic errors.

Not saying the boys aren't trying at the moment, but something has to give and questions to the coaching staff and valid reasons given as to why we still look "short of a run" come Rd 13.
Last edited by scotchberry on June 4, 2017, 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Kryptonite wrote:
CJR wrote:Haha. A dummy spit and some absolutely fair criticism of our team and that is equal to abandonment. Pull your **** heads in.

Any fairdinkum supporter who actually understands how the game is played these days cannot possibly be happy with any of our performances since we beat a busted Titans 6 or 7 rounds ago.
All this feel good BS about "well done lads" "great second half" is dead set embarrasing, as long time and long term suffering Raiders die hards we deserve BETTER with this roster and experience, Rapana is the only bloke in Green (sorry **** grey) i woukd feed after that piss poor effort
Don't you know you're not allowed to say anything negative about the Raiders? That means you aren't a 'real fan'.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I would swap Austin and Boyd for Maloney and Klemmer tomorrow
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Northern Raider wrote:
Aero wrote:Another golden point where our defenders still wait back and let the opposition come up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
To be fair I don't think they had a lot of energy left.
Fair point

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

scotchberry wrote:Putting aside our rd 1 performance and Rapana, Papalii and Cotric -

We are now going into rd 14 and apart from Paulo I can honestly say that not one of our other players have improved or shown any sort of form turnaround from Rd 2 onwards consistently.

Yes some players have had a good game here and there or a good half, but for half the season now we are still a team out of form and committing the same basic errors.

Not saying the boys aren't trying at the moment, but something has to give and questions to the coaching staff and valid reasons given as to why we still look "short of a run" come Rd 13.
Agree. We're as clunky as we were in the early rounds. We are still struggling with basic errors, looking impatient with the football and defending in patches.

Either we had a very relaxed off season and are looking to come home with the kind of form we had just prior to the finals in 2016 or whatever plan Sticky has needs to change.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Fact 1:

The Raiders is an organisation of "professional administrators and players" who constantly are urging us fans to part with our hard earned to attend games, bye merchandise, become members, travel to support them etc.

Fact 2

I watch my 6 yr old son run around every Saturday morning at Junior league and when he comes off I tell him "great play son", ran straight, tackled hard, "better luck next week if he looses". (Regardless of how he went). He then gets an ice cream or bag of lollies afterwards and we go home and he gets to play around the house for the rest of the weekend.

In summery - I think any fan of this rugby league team has a good given right to criticise and expect basic professionalism and attitude from this mob. We aren't their parents.
RaidingZ
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by RaidingZ »

Timbo wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:

Don't you know you're not allowed to say anything negative about the Raiders? That means you aren't a 'real fan'.
Of course you can. Just try do it without sounding like a cry baby.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Timbo wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:

Look at it this way, as Australians we support Australia, doesn't mean you have to vote or like the current administrators of it. We are ... you are ... we are Australian.
This place is woke.
Crocodile
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Crocodile »

RaidingZ wrote:
Crocodile wrote:
RaidingZ wrote:
Crocodile wrote:

Sure you will champ.
Who asked you champ?

There was no question. I was merely replying to your knee jerk sook statement. If you do actually cancel FOX then I will stand corrected and apologize.
It's not a reaction to refereeing in one game it's a decision I'm making after seeing the refs get consistently worse across all games over the past few years. There's no rules except the ones the refs feel like enforcing.

Once upon a time there was an occasional bad call in a game. Now there are many in every game.

The nrl has descended into a game where the team that wins is often the team that can 'bend the rules(cheat)' the best.

This is the last month I'm getting fox sports for 10 dollars and I refuse to pay 28 for it next month when I get a Telstra live pass for free and can still watch the raiders from my laptop for nothing.

scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
scotchberry wrote:Putting aside our rd 1 performance and Rapana, Papalii and Cotric -

Agree. We're as clunky as we were in the early rounds. We are still struggling with basic errors, looking impatient with the football and defending in patches.

Either we had a very relaxed off season and are looking to come home with the kind of form we had just prior to the finals in 2016 or whatever plan Sticky has needs to change.
Yep.

Ultimately the players are the ones responsible for stupid decisions and executing basic skills such as catching the ball.

But the coaching staff have not got this team into any sort of form nor are they showing anything different to what we have seen for half the season.

Yes we came back in the 2nd half to loose a close one after plenty of errors, but that's exactly what happened in rd 4 this yr.

I know people and the media say every week "once we click" - but we are 4 months into the season now and we are still stuck in trail mode
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Last year was a brilliant coaching job by the staff... this year it's been a bit of a greasy horror show

As others have said, there really isn't anyone who is playing to their ability so far. That's VERY concerning
RaidingZ
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by RaidingZ »

Yeah, Croc, look I do agree with what your saying regarding this to some extent. I have noticed that we are no chance at a 50/50 call this season and some of the ruck interpretations - especially in our games are odd to say the least. I could have counted 6 easy penalties/decisions that went against us today compared to one with the Whitehead Tapau tackle. We certainly are not getting the rub of the green.

So in summary, your're ditching FOX to watch the game on Telstra instead? Are you sure that will show the NRL what for? Haha.