We are in big trouble

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

bayraider
Noa Nadruku

We are in big trouble

Post by bayraider »

We look really tired no line speed can we get out of this rut and play semifinal footy? Talk about having 2011 dejvu all over again! So pissed off lost to the last team on the table bloody joke :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Re: We are in big trouble

Post by CJ42 »

I'm starting to worry, boys look like a complacent bunch of idiots

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

After the losses we've had recently we don't deserve to win the comp, let alone finish in the top 4.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

We'll play well once everyone writes us off, like we always do. We can't play as favourites. We're scared of being a big dog. We like being a little dog because there's no pressure or expectation, it's comfortable.

We are a little dog
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Azza wrote:After the losses we've had recently we don't deserve to win the comp, let alone finish in the top 4.
Don't take this too personally as I'm grumpy as all hell.

But that's not how you use "let alone".
Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

Looks like a culture problem to me. Perhaps Paulo and Taylor are having a negative effect off the field.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gangrenous wrote:
Azza wrote:After the losses we've had recently we don't deserve to win the comp, let alone finish in the top 4.

I don't give a rat's ass about grammatical conventions, let alone our absolutely diabolical performances. I'm over it.
Last edited by Azza on May 14, 2017, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

Has a whole team ever been dropped to Mounties?
Something to shake things up
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

If we had brenko I'd drop Joey for him. But we just don't have the depth. Maybe swap Neddy and Joey?

Sent from my ZTE T815 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

dubby wrote:If we had brenko I'd drop Joey for him. But we just don't have the depth. Maybe swap Neddy and Joey?

I still maintain Wighton is a centre. I would seriously consider moving him. It's hard though, it would be a big move and don't want to signal panic
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Azza wrote:
gangrenous wrote:

I don't give a rat's ass about grammatical conventions, let alone our absolutely diabolical performances. I'm over it.
Image well at least Azza can give me a real laugh! Cheers Azza Image
Grün Maschine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Grün Maschine »

We need a bit of luck to kick start our run.

Once we get that confidence back things will happen

Something needs to go our way first because the boys ain't capable of turning things around on there own

Mentally we have been piss weak for 20 years
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Canberra Milk wrote:
dubby wrote:If we had brenko I'd drop Joey for him. But we just don't have the depth. Maybe swap Neddy and Joey?

I still maintain Wighton is a centre. I would seriously consider moving him. It's hard though, it would be a big move and don't want to signal panic
We need to signal panic

The guys are comfortable and complacent

CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

Just throwing this out there:

Drop BJ for 2-3 weeks. Wighton to replace him at right centre. Rapana to fullback. Ottio to right wing. Boyd to bench and just about anyone to take his spot, Taylor even. Bench as Baptiste, Tapine, Boyd and Priest. Soliola starting lock.

If Baptiste isn't fit enough Bateman can stay or hold on to Lui if Taylor is to start for Boyd.

I'd give the shark god a run but I think he needs another couple of weeks in reserve.

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

CJR wrote:Just throwing this out there:

Drop BJ for 2-3 weeks. Wighton to replace him at right centre. Rapana to fullback. Ottio to right wing. Boyd to bench and just about anyone to take his spot, Taylor even. Bench as Baptiste, Tapine, Boyd and Priest. Soliola starting lock.

If Baptiste isn't fit enough Bateman can stay or hold on to Lui if Taylor is to start for Boyd.

I'd give the shark god a run but I think he needs another couple of weeks in reserve.

Yeah tbh I would be happy with those same changes
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

We are in big trouble

Post by Brew »

We have not made the finals 2 years in a row since 2004

Yes we are in trouble. But it was expected.

Last edited by Brew on May 15, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Ricky We Trust
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Canberra Milk wrote:

I'd go Santo fullback but the rest I agree. We need genuine speed. Baptists please be ready!!!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We sure are. In very deep trouble.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ilanraiders wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:

I'd go Santo fullback but the rest I agree. We need genuine speed. Baptists please be ready!!!!!
Santo is not a first grade fullback

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Rapana is not fit enough to be moved to fullback based on what I'm seeing. I mean that in terms of the injuries he's carrying, not stamina.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Only the Warriors beat us out for been long term mentalists.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

If there is one thing Ricky bangs on about, it's character.
The boys need to really start showing some.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I saw Santo play yesterday. He cannot defend at first grade standard. He's fast, he can attack. But he is too short for a fullback in the NRL and is easily fended off by attackers.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Wighton is the least of the problems. How is changing the fullback going to change what's going on out there. The problem is the forwards and playmakers not playing direct and making metres in the middle. The Raiders did if for the first five or 10 minutes of the second half and they looked good. They stopped... and guess what?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bayraider wrote:We look really tired no line speed can we get out of this rut and play semifinal footy? Talk about having 2011 dejvu all over again! So pissed off lost to the last team on the table bloody joke :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant
I actually saw a noticeable difference in our line speed today. I thought it was good, we monstered Newy a few times. Sia, Boydy and Hodgo in particular made a concerted effort there.

What cost us the game today was the now usual 2 tries through the Austin/BJ side. Austin having a barry in general and BJ beginning to look largely disinterested.
I'd also find it hard too deny the "Sezer went missing" argument today. Plenty had off games but Hodgi made a few wrong calls too- an avg game rather than a bad one.

For fixes- I'd be giving Austin two instructions next week a) run the ball. And b) dummy and run the ball. Get back to what he does best and then build any optional extras into his game from there.

I think we might also have to start looking for some halves depth if Turner is a crock, L C isn't ready yet and our halves are battling then we need a spark.

Baptiste can't arrive soon enough.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

edwahu wrote:Only the Warriors beat us out for been long term mentalists.
How does it happen?? What is it about players coming to Canberra and their footballing IQ dropping by 95%? How does an almost entirely different roster from that of 5 - 6 years ago have the same mental midget mindset? Infuriating!!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Joey to Mounties, Neddy to centre and Zac on the wing.

Actually, that's terrible.

Yep. We are in trouble

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Big big trouble....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Brew wrote:We have not made the finals 2 years in a row since 1995.

Yes we are in trouble. But it was expected.

2003-2004
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

greeneyed wrote:Jack Wighton is the least of the problems. How is changing the fullback going to change what's going on out there. The problem is the forwards and playmakers not playing direct and making metres in the middle. The Raiders did if for the first five or 10 minutes of the second half and they looked good. They stopped... and guess what?
Spot on.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Leebola wrote:
edwahu wrote:Only the Warriors beat us out for been long term mentalists.
How does it happen?? What is it about players coming to Canberra and their footballing IQ dropping by 95%? How does an almost entirely different roster from that of 5 - 6 years ago have the same mental midget mindset? Infuriating!!
I think we just don't get players who are used to winning long term and understand what it takes. In the current squad only Sia has that type of experience.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Baptiste on the bench when hes fit...hodgson in the halves when baptiste comes on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

-GD- wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Jack Wighton is the least of the problems. How is changing the fullback going to change what's going on out there. The problem is the forwards and playmakers not playing direct and making metres in the middle. The Raiders did if for the first five or 10 minutes of the second half and they looked good. They stopped... and guess what?
Spot on.
Yea it really is, we simplify things and just concentrate on going forward and we are a completely different team, I'd include Hodgson in the criticism too, he used to be very good at getting our forwards in between defenders by getting out of dummy half and engaging the line, right now all he's doing is passing directly from the base to one out runners who are getting monstered, case in point is how different Bateman looks this year imo
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I don't care which one it is , one of these muppets needs to be released asap.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Yeah Austin no powers or sezerian.
This place is woke.