10%
Sea Eagles 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2017 Rd 8 V Manly Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Manly Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker shocks Canberra Raiders in golden-point thriller

It was testament to the type of leader Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker is, but Sia Soliola refused to allow his skipper to shoulder the blame for the heart-breaking, golden-point loss - after missing a conversion and slipping over in golden point with a try beckoning.

"There's a few boys that are taking it personally. In my opinion, they played their hearts out, all the boys did. There's nothing we can do," Soliola said. "You can't expect Jarrod to do everything and you can't expect people not to make mistakes.

MANLY SEA EAGLES 20 (Jake Trbojevic , Dylan Walker, Tom Trbojevic tries; Walker 4 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 18 (Jarrod Croker, Josh Papalii, Jordan Rapana tries; Croker 3 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 15,976.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl ... vpl1u.html

NRL talking points: Canberra Raiders leave empty-handed in golden point thriller against Manly Sea Eagles: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... vpijt.html

AUDIO: Josh Hodgson and Ricky Stuart speak after the golden point loss to the Sea Eagles: https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/s ... -v-manly-1
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

CRR wrote:
-TW- wrote:
CRR wrote:
CJR wrote:
CRR wrote:that strip decision will do me for this year

the crowd needed to start chucking some bottles at the refs
Agree with at least half of that

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

they are not going to learn until someone knocks them clean out
This is a pretty **** ordinary post. Think you can do better? Sign up and give it a go rather than hiding behind a keyboard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
there is always one.

ill start practicing soon
good, and i'll be the first one to throw cans

prick
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Pigman wrote:Ummm, we won finals footy last year m8
not on the back of our halfback......
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

exrefhollywood wrote:
what I'm saying is the cronks, thurstons, of this world is what is required to win the comp......game winning halfbacks
CRR

Post by CRR »

-TW- wrote:

prick

dont be like that, im touchy at my sons games this year. i also get my eyes checked every year as well and also leave the paper bags well alone
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

exrefhollywood wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
what I'm saying is the cronks, thurstons, of this world is what is required to win the comp......game winning halfbacks
yeah like Chad Townsend or I like to call him "the 9th"
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

CRR wrote:
-TW- wrote:

prick

dont be like that, im touchy at my sons games this year. i also get my eyes checked every year as well and also leave the paper bags well alone
:lol: fair play
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

KingDynamite wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
He still has Maloney who is clutch......wins you the close ones.

Austin almost tonight but doesn't do it regularly enough hence why we are still waiting
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I feel so hollow and cheated. We did not deserve to lose - but especially not like that. The referees won that game for Manly and no-one else.

I'm going to sleep now. Maybe when I wake up, it will be Friday morning again, and that won't have happened.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

exrefhollywood wrote:
KingDynamite wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
He still has Maloney who is clutch......wins you the close ones.

Austin almost tonight but doesn't do it regularly enough hence why we are still waiting
Perhaps Sezer should have broken through the manly defensive line leaving players in his wake, stopped in the in goal, turned, waited and given the ball to Croker.

He would probably still be to blame.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Manly Sea Eagles snatch victory from Canberra Raiders in golden point

The Manly Sea Eagles have edged out the Canberra Raiders 20 points to 18 in a golden point thriller at GIO Stadium.

Both teams failed to find the winning point in the last two minutes forcing the match into extra time. A Viking Clap from the Raiders fans after full-time lifted the atmosphere at GIO Stadium.

However, it was Manly who swooped in when centre Dylan Walker successfully converted a penalty goal from thirty-nine metres out, after the ball hit the post and just dropped over the bar.

Canberra 18 (Croker, Papalii, Rapana; Croker 3/3) defeated by Manly 20 (J.Trbojevic, T.Trbojevic, Walker; Walker 4/6)

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/04/ ... a_eag.html

Match Highlights: Raiders v Manly: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/04/ ... 82723.html

Press Conference: Raiders v Manly: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/04/ ... e_rai.html

Gallery: Raiders v Manly: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/04/ ... _v_ma.html

Reactions: Raiders v Sea Eagles: http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2017/04/ ... rs_v_.html
Gorilla
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Gorilla »

Felt our bench really let us down tonight consecutive 2nd half errors came from them in good field position.

Manly did a really good job kicking away from our back three tonight. We really got caught up in manlys niggle, really made some of the guys lose there cool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:Anyone defending Sezer has no idea. You go back a couple of years to McCrone or Williams continually playing the way Sezer is and everyone was calling for blood. The bloke doesn't run the ball, is scared to or doesn't know how to kick a field goal and goes missing every time the game is in the balance and is demanding our half to stand up and take charge. How is anyone satisfied with our chief play maker serving this up.

This post is not about the loss tonight and not an over reaction. The loss will serve us well in the long run and keep the hunger there.
Anyone criticising Sezer has no idea. I won't both continuing the rant because when you start like that its pretty bloody pointless anyway and clear you aren't looking for a discussion. :lol: :clap:
Hit me with the counter argument, would love to see what you're seeing that goes against anything I mentioned above mate. You believe he runs well, kicks field goals when needed and takes ownership of games when we need it? You and I must have completely different understandings of what halfbacks should be doing.

DCE took our two biggest weapons out of the game tonight with smart kicking. Our halfback did what to counter this?
Honestly? I don't need to, read back a couple of pages and you will see plenty of discussion surrounding it already., though you dismissed that as people having no idea. You've clearly already got your mind made up about it and I'm not changing it, though i couldn't disagree more.
You'd make a good lawyer in a court of law...if only you could sit in arrogant silence telling everybody how right you are without putting forth a single argument to counter the defence.

Again, feel free to tell me why you are right, why Sezer is so good or why anything I said was incorrect. Answer any or all.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Gorilla wrote:Felt our bench really let us down tonight consecutive 2nd half errors came from them in good field position.

Manly did a really good job kicking away from our back three tonight. We really got caught up in manlys niggle, really made some of the guys lose there cool.

Dunamis **** Lui, that is all
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I can tell you
"goes missing every time the game is in the balance"

With the game in the balance tonight, he took a pass, and with a manly player up in his grill and no real time to think about it, he managed to correctly assess that a FG in that situation was a fools errand and instead got the ball out wide where croker had a 3 ON **** 1.

3 attackers. 1 Defender. In GP. With the game on the line. He made the correct play and that play should have produced a game winning try. Except Croker slipped over. Jesus **** christ. What is wrong with you guys? You want him to step up with the game on the line and he did. He cant be held **** responsible that Croker slipped over and blew a 3-1. Honestly.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I am on record as not being a fan of Golden point and this is why. The skill level shown for the Croker try, the Rapana miracle and the Papalli Maori sidestep of DCE deserved a point at the end of 80 minutes. Instead we come away with nothing. My first live game this year. Austin's drop kicks go forever and that penalty kick from near our goal line to find touch on half way was sensational.

Have said all of that, we have some ill discipline in us and it costs us. We still go to sleep in defence and we must be one of the poorest sides in the NRL in stopping offloads. Granted Manly completed well. We shot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully BJs injury will not be a long term one. I know he came back on but he was 'not right'.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

RedRaider wrote:I am on record as not being a fan of Golden point and this is why. The skill level shown for the Croker try, the Rapana miracle and the Papalli Maori sidestep of DCE deserved a point at the end of 80 minutes. Instead we come away with nothing. My first live game this year. Austin's drop kicks go forever and that penalty kick from near our goal line to find touch on half way was sensational.

Have said all of that, we have some ill discipline in us and it costs us. We still go to sleep in defence and we must be one of the poorest sides in the NRL in stopping offloads. Granted Manly completed well. We shot ourselves in the foot. Hopefully BJs injury will not be a long term one. I know he came back on but he was 'not right'.
Well, you're certainly on record now

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Once again, the Raiders proved they are not the smartest team in the comp. Spent most of the game trying to prove who has the biggest balls (Tarpine the biggest offender) instead of knuckling down to win the game. They lack professionalism, the game was there to be won in regular time and they still had the perfect chance to win early in GP but some players played for themselves instead of the team! Very disappointing. I agree with others about the absence of Taylor. Ricky's selections unbalanced the team.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:Anyone defending Sezer has no idea. You go back a couple of years to McCrone or Williams continually playing the way Sezer is and everyone was calling for blood. The bloke doesn't run the ball, is scared to or doesn't know how to kick a field goal and goes missing every time the game is in the balance and is demanding our half to stand up and take charge. How is anyone satisfied with our chief play maker serving this up.

This post is not about the loss tonight and not an over reaction. The loss will serve us well in the long run and keep the hunger there.
Anyone criticising Sezer has no idea. I won't both continuing the rant because when you start like that its pretty bloody pointless anyway and clear you aren't looking for a discussion. :lol: :clap:
Hit me with the counter argument, would love to see what you're seeing that goes against anything I mentioned above mate. You believe he runs well, kicks field goals when needed and takes ownership of games when we need it? You and I must have completely different understandings of what halfbacks should be doing.

DCE took our two biggest weapons out of the game tonight with smart kicking. Our halfback did what to counter this?
Honestly? I don't need to, read back a couple of pages and you will see plenty of discussion surrounding it already., though you dismissed that as people having no idea. You've clearly already got your mind made up about it and I'm not changing it, though i couldn't disagree more.
You'd make a good lawyer in a court of law...if only you could sit in arrogant silence telling everybody how right you are without putting forth a single argument to counter the defence.

Again, feel free to tell me why you are right, why Sezer is so good or why anything I said was incorrect. Answer any or all.
Wait, so you want me to go back and copy paste the things others have already said? Why? I mean Pigman has already pointed out one of the arguments (mind you, something like this was also on the same page as my post you've just responded to, so I'm sure you've seen it and chosen to continue on anyway...)
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Raiders Lim! wrote:
afgtnk wrote:
Timbo wrote:Sezer and Austin need to stand up. They're letting us down.
I thought Austin tried his best, with the run that nearly ended in try and before that his kick for Jordy to get us back level

As for Sezer, I'm starting to become lost for words. Would've had to put out a search party to find him in the last 20 with the game on the line - no where to be seen. He's completely killing us in tight contests. It was a decent shift in our last play, but he should've been deeper in the right **** position in the first place

Manly are the better team though, as much as it pains to admit. **** Dylan Walker
Sezer had a great first half and was definitely quiet in the second but it wasn't his fault. the game just trended to the right and that's Austin's side. Then when we have Clydesdale on, Hodgo takes plays as well - unfortunately you only get 6 tackles in a set.
Here's one.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Then there were a few more comments on that on the same page, here is some more....
Coastalraider wrote:
Pigman wrote:
afgtnk wrote:
Timbo wrote:Sezer and Austin need to stand up. They're letting us down.
I thought Austin tried his best, with the run that nearly ended in try and before that his kick for Jordy to get us back level

As for Sezer, I'm starting to become lost for words. Would've had to put out a search party to find him in the last 20 with the game on the line - no where to be seen. He's completely killing us in tight contests. It was a decent shift in our last play, but he should've been deeper in the right **** position in the first place

Manly are the better team though, as much as it pains to admit. **** Dylan Walker
The pass from the hooker to Sezer was already a **** 15 metre pass, and needing to be a bullet, you want him back further? Haha
He **** took the ball, correctly assessed the options and got the ball to a 3-1 for what should have been the match winning play you **** ****

Blake on the other hand took a **** terrible 5th tackle option, handed them the ball back and we conceded a try THROUGH him.

Honestly. You are absolute **** ridiculous.

I was actually very impressed that Sezer took that option. Most halves set themselves like that and follow through in that plan regardless. When you set a field goal that far in the red zone, defensive lines always stand offside and attempt to block the kick ala what we did on DCE.

Sezer read the play, assessed a more likely option, set Croker on a 3 on 1 and took the higher percentage play. His kicking game was bloody good in the first half, but Austin has a tendency to boss the plays when the game is on the line, like he did when Sezer was set the tackle before.
As i said, people have already explained this, but you dismissed it as "having no idea". :doubt:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

Oooof

Your net Archer, pick the ball out of it.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

afgtnk wrote:
Oooof

Your net Archer, pick the ball out of it.
:lol: That was unfortunate timing wasn't it alphabet
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Should of hit refresh, bruh
:lol:

Ugly stuff
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Unfortunately he didn't get credited with that try assist tonight. Just like it's easy to forget a half ALMOST kicking an important 40/20, or hitting the post off a penalty attempt. Nobody remembers the 'almosts' by seasons end. Are you going to call Walker a good goal kicker now because he hit one to win the game? He's a terrible kicker and it was proven tonight. My argument on Sezer is not specifically aimed at tonight's performance however poor it was. He's been dishing this up since he got here. The broken cheekbone was the worst thing that happened to him because he gave us all high hopes in that first game.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

-TW- wrote:
Gorilla wrote:Felt our bench really let us down tonight consecutive 2nd half errors came from them in good field position.

Dunamis **** Lui, that is all
It wasn't only him
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Copy and paste is good. Lucky there's people who have an opinion for you to base yours off. Now let me think when the last time Sezer nailed a field goal.....
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Peter wrote:Unfortunately he didn't get credited with that try assist tonight. Just like it's easy to forget a half ALMOST kicking an important 40/20, or hitting the post off a penalty attempt. Nobody remembers the 'almosts' by seasons end. Are you going to call Walker a good goal kicker now because he hit one to win the game? He's a terrible kicker and it was proven tonight. My argument on Sezer is not specifically aimed at tonight's performance however poor it was. He's been dishing this up since he got here. The broken cheekbone was the worst thing that happened to him because he gave us all high hopes in that first game.
:? But he didn't "Almost" set up that opportunity. He 100% did it. We all saw it. It wasn't finished off by other players in the team, but he did his part which unless I'm mistaken is exactly what you and others were criticising him for not doing.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I was fine with most of the refs calls tonight (there was a lot of difficult calls to make and the final strip is technically correct).

But the refs totally ignored the slow peel off by Manly tacklers all night. Manly turned back the clock to the early 2000s by getting four players in the tackle and taking an age to peel off.

The refs have been wise to this tactic for a decade especially from teams who have defensive issues. But tonight they chose to ignore it all game.

Was there any ruck penalties for not getting off quick enough? Only for strips and second effort pushes.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

I don't see no try assist to his name for that one. Look, like I said if it was Sam Williams or Josh McCrone serving this up we'd be banging down the doors of HQ. Josh **** McCrone had 4 try assists in a game a couple of weeks back. FOUR.
Archer
David Furner

Post by Archer »

Peter wrote:Copy and paste is good. Lucky there's people who have an opinion for you to base yours off. Now let me think when the last time Sezer nailed a field goal.....
:lol: My bad for agreeing with things others have posted, guess i should try harder to be a "free thinker" so that i can have my own opinions.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Peter wrote:I don't see no try assist to his name for that one. Look, like I said if it was Sam Williams or Josh McCrone serving this up we'd be banging down the doors of HQ. Josh **** McCrone had 4 try assists in a game a couple of weeks back. FOUR.
Good for him, if you want to advocate for his ilk to darken our doors again, then that's your right
Personally I like playing late in September, not considering who we are giving development minutes to in August
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Archer wrote:
Peter wrote:Copy and paste is good. Lucky there's people who have an opinion for you to base yours off. Now let me think when the last time Sezer nailed a field goal.....
:lol: My bad for agreeing with things others have posted, guess i should try harder to be a "free thinker" so that i can have my own opinions.
I don't know. Just seems odd that people are happy with our halfback because he almost set up a try after coming out through the week and telling all that would listen that he wants to run the ball more then taking a backseat ride for the whole second half. But anyway. Hopefully our winger and centre can win us the remainder of our games so we don't require our halfback to do much more than he's currently doing.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

BJ wrote:I was fine with most of the refs calls tonight (there was a lot of difficult calls to make and the final strip is technically correct).

But the refs totally ignored the slow peel off by Manly tacklers all night. Manly turned back the clock to the early 2000s by getting four players in the tackle and taking an age to peel off.

The refs have been wise to this tactic for a decade especially from teams who have defensive issues. But tonight they chose to ignore it all game.

Was there any ruck penalties for not getting off quick enough? Only for strips and second effort pushes.
Full List:

Minute - Offender - Reason

4th - Leilua - Other? can't remember what that was for
5th - Hodgson - Slow Peel
11th - Lawrence - 2nd effort
11th - Jake Trbo - Dissent
12th - Kelly - Offside (10m)
13th - Winterstein - Slow Peel
14th - Walker - Dangerous Tackle
16th - Tapine - Slow Peel
23rd - Tapine - Hand on ball
26th - Myles - Crowding the ruck
35th - Leilua - Flop

43rd - Koroisau - Too slow to release
48th - Kelly - Offside (10m)
52nd - Leilua - Strip
63rd - Hastings - Offside (10m)
64th - Hastings - 2nd Effort
67th - Whitehead - Offside (infront of the chargedown)
70th - Austin - Offside (10m)
72nd - Jake Trbo - Offside (10m)
80th - Leilua - Strip
81st - Taupau - Offside (10m)
83rd - Clydesdale - Strip
84th - Tapine - Strip (2 on 1)
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Everyone used to criticise Campo too when he'd only run 5 times in a game for 30m. I suppose if the standards are set low the expectations don't have to be much higher do they.