Sea Eagles 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Re: 2017 Rd 8 V Manly Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by CJR »

edwahu wrote:100% the bench is our biggest issue. Actually our overall depth. I can only assume we had cap issues considering the squad we have gone with.

Of course Bateman regressing and Priest getting injured hasn't helped at all.
I honestly think we just drop Clydesdale and bring in Taylor. I'd have Turner but I've barely heard anything about him all season.

Sent from my SM-G925I using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Anyone defending Sezer has no idea. You go back a couple of years to McCrone or Williams continually playing the way Sezer is and everyone was calling for blood. The bloke doesn't run the ball, is scared to or doesn't know how to kick a field goal and goes missing every time the game is in the balance and is demanding our half to stand up and take charge. How is anyone satisfied with our chief play maker serving this up.

This post is not about the loss tonight and not an over reaction. The loss will serve us well in the long run and keep the hunger there.
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

Tough loss to take but the last time Manly were this desperate for a win they dominated the Cowboys in Townsville, we defended really well for the majority of the game and lost because of a few poor options even though we didn't play at our best. With a full strength bench we will still be hard to beat in the finals, it seems as though every time Lui plays we have a gut wrenching loss haha you just know things are going to end badly when he's on the field.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Surely Taylor isn't 100% fit still. I don't think he's being left out by choice.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

They dominated the Cowboys without their 3 best middle third forwards.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Peter wrote:Anyone defending Sezer has no idea. You go back a couple of years to McCrone or Williams continually playing the way Sezer is and everyone was calling for blood. The bloke doesn't run the ball, is scared to or doesn't know how to kick a field goal and goes missing every time the game is in the balance and is demanding our half to stand up and take charge. How is anyone satisfied with our chief play maker serving this up.

This post is not about the loss tonight and not an over reaction. The loss will serve us well in the long run and keep the hunger there.
Fast forward to 2017 and McCrone is the halfback for a premiership-leading team, who'd have thought...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Glad that Ricky kept his head screwed on in the press conference as opposed to some of you mob. We'll be ok.
damo
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Shaun fensom

Post by damo »

Peter wrote:Anyone defending Sezer has no idea. You go back a couple of years to McCrone or Williams continually playing the way Sezer is and everyone was calling for blood. The bloke doesn't run the ball, is scared to or doesn't know how to kick a field goal and goes missing every time the game is in the balance and is demanding our half to stand up and take charge. How is anyone satisfied with our chief play maker serving this up.

ironic was the article during the week saying he wanted to take the game on and run the ball a lot more against Manly .... Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Anyone criticising Sezer has no idea. I won't both continuing the rant because when you start like that its pretty bloody pointless anyway and clear you aren't looking for a discussion. :lol: :clap:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

CJR wrote:
edwahu wrote:100% the bench is our biggest issue. Actually our overall depth. I can only assume we had cap issues considering the squad we have gone with.

Of course Bateman regressing and Priest getting injured hasn't helped at all.
I honestly think we just drop Clydesdale and bring in Taylor. I'd have Turner but I've barely heard anything about him all season.

Taylor should come in for Bateman and one of the other depth players for Lui, at least until Priest is fit. Bateman needs a spell.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

CRR wrote:
CJR wrote:
CRR wrote:that strip decision will do me for this year

the crowd needed to start chucking some bottles at the refs
Agree with at least half of that

they are not going to learn until someone knocks them clean out
This is a pretty **** ordinary post. Think you can do better? Sign up and give it a go rather than hiding behind a keyboard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

2 games this year decided by posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Shano wrote:
zk5000 wrote:How many times do you have to be defeated in the same manner before they "learn from this"? Slow learners or bad teachers?

Also, golden point would be infinitely better if both teams immediately get a point after full time and then play overtime for the extra point. Teams wouldn't feel as gutted after losing to some kick and giggle shenanigans, viewers could still enjoy the contest, refereeing blunders wouldn't be as significant.
I really like this idea!
Yeah i really do like this!! The GP can be like a bonus point you get it Union for scoring X amount of tries.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

:thumbsup time to play dave taylor at halfback.....slotted over a 35m field goal in the warm up and hit it sweet
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

No, that's a highly problematic idea to have 3 points suddenly allocated to a game if it goes to GP. Teams that missed out on GP in that round would be well entitled to complain that the 2 teams that played got to share 3 points between them for allocation.

I personally have no problems with a draw.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

It's seems to me for some reason we looked tired tonight and the bye can't come quick enough. Our line speed from the opening bounce was disgraceful. Don't know weather playing only 15 men last week showed but Manly looked like they always wanted it more.

We def lack a Paul Vaughan off the bench, hopefully Taylor can get to that stage for us.

First half goal line defence was immense, I can't speak highly enough of the first half 3rd/4th hit ups that Papa did to get us to the 30 odd finally - we really suck at defending momentum
Last edited by scotchberry on April 21, 2017, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

gangrenous wrote:Surely Taylor isn't 100% fit still. I don't think he's being left out by choice.
He's injured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Archer wrote:

Anyone criticising Sezer has no idea. I won't both continuing the rant because when you start like that its pretty bloody pointless anyway and clear you aren't looking for a discussion. :lol: :clap:
Hit me with the counter argument, would love to see what you're seeing that goes against anything I mentioned above mate. You believe he runs well, kicks field goals when needed and takes ownership of games when we need it? You and I must have completely different understandings of what halfbacks should be doing.

DCE took our two biggest weapons out of the game tonight with smart kicking. Our halfback did what to counter this?
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

can you imagine how scary we would be if we has a premier halfback.......
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

scotchberry wrote:It's seems to me for some reason we looked tired tonight and the bye can't come quick enough. Our line speed from the opening bounce was disgraceful. Don't know weather playing only 15 men last week showed but Manly looked like they always wanted it more.

We def lack a Paul Vaughan off the bench, hopefully Taylor can get to that stage for us.

First half goal line defence was immense, I can't speak highly enough of the first half 3rd/4th hit ups that Papa did to get us to the 30 odd finally - we really suck at defending momentum
Yeah agreed re the tiredness. We've done a mountain of defending the last 2 weeks.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

Hit me with the counter argument, would love to see what you're seeing that goes against anything I mentioned above mate. You believe he runs well, kicks field goals when needed and takes ownership of games when we need it? You and I must have completely different understandings of what halfbacks should be doing.

DCE took our two biggest weapons out of the game tonight with smart kicking. Our halfback did what to counter this?

Totally agree ..... when was the last time a halfback from the raiders made the clutch play????? haven't seen it since ricky stuart was half
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Man why did Vaughan have to fall out of favour and play a bit ploddy?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

edwahu wrote:Man why did Vaughan have to fall out of favour and play a bit ploddy?

He was never, ever sub par, it was just his ability to find the line that got him out of favour.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

exrefhollywood wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

Totally agree ..... when was the last time a halfback from the raiders made the clutch play????? haven't seen it since ricky stuart was half

Sezer deadset made the clutch play tonight and Croker fell over!
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

So much BS and player bashing in this thread tonight. Take a deep breath and have a lie down, good grief.

We didn't play our best, manly completed really well, had the lions share of possession and won the game. We could have snatched it we didn't stand up when it counted.

On the other side of it I've never rated either of the T brothers. But Jake can play. Still not sold on the glamour brother though.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

julian87 wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

Did he win us the game?????

Sezer deadset made the clutch play tonight and Croker fell over!
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

Honestly? I don't need to, read back a couple of pages and you will see plenty of discussion surrounding it already., though you dismissed that as people having no idea. You've clearly already got your mind made up about it and I'm not changing it, though i couldn't disagree more.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

I thought we were unlucky to lose. In saying that discipline and ball security also killed it.

I hope I never see Lui in a Raiders jumper again .. not sure what Stuart sees in him but the guy is at best useless. DT would have got us the clutch FG.
I don't post facts
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

:hmmm Did he win us the game tonight????
exrefhollywood wrote:
Peter wrote:
Archer wrote:

exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

:thumbsup
Raidersfan wrote:I thought we were unlucky to lose. In saying that discipline and ball security also killed it.

I hope I never see Lui in a Raiders jumper again .. not sure what Stuart sees in him but the guy is at best useless. DT would have got us the clutch FG.
Yes you are correct......best field goal I have seen by a raiders player since Chris O Sullivan in 89 GF
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

exrefhollywood wrote::hmmm Did he win us the game tonight????
well if Croker doesn't fall over; yes.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

We got beaten in the forwards and it was down-hill from there. Their offloads and our lack thereof. Their 10m+ nearly every run.

I'd like to see Blake trying for more 40/20s though, what a boot on him!
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

julian87 wrote:
exrefhollywood wrote::hmmm Did he win us the game tonight????

well if Croker doesn't fall over; yes.
If croker doesn't hit the upright.....

Sezer needs a career breaking moment to win the game which he hasn't done for us yet.....I want him to be that halfback and I think he has been good this year....I want him to break the shackles bc until he does we wont win finals footy
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ummm, we won finals footy last year m8
CRR

Post by CRR »

-TW- wrote:
CRR wrote:
CJR wrote:
CRR wrote:that strip decision will do me for this year

the crowd needed to start chucking some bottles at the refs
Agree with at least half of that

they are not going to learn until someone knocks them clean out
This is a pretty **** ordinary post. Think you can do better? Sign up and give it a go rather than hiding behind a keyboard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
there is always one.

ill start practicing soon