The Greenhouse Live

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Greenhouse Live

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Instagram and Facebook

#Canberra #Raiders fans, we will be doing a season wrap episode of The Greenhouse Live tonight from Hale+Mary sports bar and restaurant at Kingston... hopefully not too far after 7:30pm! Join us on The GH Facebook Page tonight... fb.me/TheGHRaiders... or see you there live. We encourage you to be part of the show by asking your questions and leaving your comments! #canberraraiders #nrl #rugbyleague #weareraiders #bleedgreen #wearecbr

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

what's going on? I turn up and the broadcast is over!!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:what's going on? I turn up and the broadcast is over!!!
What a tragedy. Your comments would have added so much to the conversation, too.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Catch a replay of last night's The Greenhouse Live... our Canberra Raiders 2017 season wrap. Click here: http://ow.ly/fgIQ30frVwR
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
What a tragedy. Your comments would have added so much to the conversation, too.
No they wouldn't have
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
No they wouldn't have
Oh.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
No they wouldn't have
Oh.
They probably would have confused and infuriated people.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
No they wouldn't have
Oh.
Might have been for the best, then.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
reptar wrote:
T_R wrote:
No they wouldn't have
Oh.
That's usually me or manbush
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I was looking forward to Reptars wit.
Had to enjoy it off air instead.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Matt wrote:I was looking forward to Reptars wit.
Thanks Matt was good to meet you! Should've come to have a million wines with GE and I after :)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote:
Matt wrote:I was looking forward to Reptars wit.
Thanks Matt was good to meet you! Should've come to have a million wines with GE and I after :)
If it wasn't a 'school night', I probably would have thought about it.
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

Canberra Raiders fans, there will be a pre season edition of The Greenhouse Live tonight, kicking off sometime after 7pm! Sean and Matt will be broadcasting from Hale+Mary at Kingston, so why not drop by for a chat! Or keep a watch out for the show on www.fb.me/TheGHRaiders.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans, catch a replay of tonight’s 2018 season preview episode of The Greenhouse Live!

Video: https://www.facebook.com/TheGHRaiders/v ... 248482359/
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

First time watching and both well spoken I thought. The microphone size is very impressive.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Makaveli wrote: March 5, 2018, 9:53 pm First time watching and both well spoken I thought. The microphone size is very impressive.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
It's a wifi microphone that works at 100m distance from the camera. Good quality.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Next time don’t put this on the same time as Married At First Sight. Brew needs to watch his daily trashy TV show.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im not just saying this - I would honestly prefer to watch that than any league show on TV.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Brew wrote: March 6, 2018, 6:07 am Next time don’t put this on the same time as Married At First Sight. Brew needs to watch his daily trashy TV show.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Cuddling the little one? Or the puppy?
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Thanks to Sean, Matt, GE and all involved for putting this on. Really enjoyed that show, lots of great insight there. Wish all NRL shows were like this!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We love doing it Finite! Lots of podcasts are emerging this year... so Sean and Matt will need to lift their game! ;)
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Finite wrote: March 8, 2018, 6:02 pm Thanks to Sean, Matt, GE and all involved for putting this on. Really enjoyed that show, lots of great insight there. Wish all NRL shows were like this!
Thanks mate, glad you enjoy it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It seems the Broncos Facebook page now has something called... "The Broncos Live". Good to know they just don't steal our players.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Maybe we could do our show with them when we go to Brisbane.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Looking forward to our round 1 show later today. We will be outside the ground in the south eastern corner probably about 20 mins after the end of the game. Come up and give us your thoughts on the game!!
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Bay53 wrote:Maybe we could do our show with them when we go to Brisbane.
Now that would be worth watching

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Where are you guys filming this weekend? Members' Lounge?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Likely outside the Mal Meninga gates.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders

Catch a replay of tonight's episode of The Greenhouse Live after the Canberra Raiders loss to the Newcastle Knights: http://ow.ly/4VRX30j0Nw6 #NRLRaidersKnights
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I enjoyed raiderskaters views on the game, as much as some of the ref bagging posts annoy me she (and the guys) were bang on
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

-TW- wrote: March 18, 2018, 9:56 pm I enjoyed raiderskaters views on the game, as much as some of the ref bagging posts annoy me she (and the guys) were bang on
Well said.
TBH, it was refreshing to have a passionate view from a female.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

-TW- wrote:I enjoyed raiderskaters views on the game, as much as some of the ref bagging posts annoy me she (and the guys) were bang on
She was great!

Laughed too hard at the Soward the Coward line.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

You never heard "Soward the Coward" before, GD? Although I think some fans skipped his actual name and just referred to him as Coward. One of the flogs who writes for the Telegraph had a big blow-up in his column a few years back about how wrong it was to refer to him that way and all I could think was "you've really never watched him defend, have you?"

Always a good time on the GH Live, thanks for having me and next time it's gonna be after a win, right? :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

The Greenhouse Live

Post by -GD- »

Ive heard it before but wasn’t expecting it to be said on The GH Live haha
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tuesday night at around 7:30pm we will have a special edition of The Greenhouse Live with Sean and Matt. Our 2018 season wrap on The Greenhouse Forum Facebook page!