It's de-lurker week on The Greenhouse!

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Are you a GH lurker?

Welcome to our second annual de-lurker week on The Greenhouse!

I travel to lots of Raiders matches at all levels... and people often come up and ask me... "What is it you're doing, typing on your iPad through the match?" When I say I'm one of the people who help run The Greenhouse... and I'm doing score updates... or putting up pics on Instagram... they say... "Oh, so are you GE?"

Some of them are members of the site, and they tell me their user names. Often people say... "I read The Greenhouse every day, but I'm only a lurker".

What's a lurker? Wikipedia tells us they are people who are part of, or follow, an on line community, but don't actively participate. They are "browsers, read-only participants, non-public participants, legitimate peripheral participants, and vicarious learners".

The Greenhouse has 44,000 followers on all our social media platforms, and we know some people prefer to interact on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites. We know lots of people read http://www.thegh.com.au, lots more than the people who post! So, we'd love it if all those lurkers joined up to our home website and expressed their views!

We really like having lurkers. . We welcome people who just read. You're the people who make this the biggest Raiders' fan site. But we'd also love to see more people join up and post! Try it now!

How to register as a member: Click the Register icon underneath The Greenhouse site banner and follow the prompts! There're more details here: http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 013#p74013

Your first couple of posts need to be approved by an Administrator, as an anti spam measure, but after that you're right to go!
Morgo
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Re: It's de-lurker week on The Greenhouse!

Post by Morgo »

I'm going to make a real effort this year to get more involved
Was lurking for years before even signing up!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Morgo wrote:I'm going to make a real effort this year to get more involved
Good to hear!
CRR

Post by CRR »

ill be back with my usual crap :)
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Ginga »

I thought all it took to de-lurker was a couple of passionately posted beliefs regarding which player should be dropped, who replaces who regarding injured players and anything regarding moving Austin or Wighton to a different position.
Those topics would cause most to come crawling out of the deep dark depths of lurkism to express why you're an idio... Incorrect.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

It's Nickman isn't it champ ?

Nickman stops you from posting more.......
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Mitcho
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Mitcho »

Lurker rings true for me too GE. Been posting too little for too long, but have loved the GH for years. Hoping to contribute some more in our premiership season!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
TATAS - The Alan Tongue Appreciation Society. Campaigning for a Canberra Stadium statue since 2000.
Morgo
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Morgo »

-PJ- wrote:
It's Nickman isn't it champ ?

Nickman stops you from posting more.......
Him and the clique!
Hah, na I'd like to meet him one day, he seems like a good fella.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The GH meet ups are a thing of beauty, unfortunately I was too late to the one in Melbourne and ended up across the road in another pub
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

-TW- wrote:The GH meet ups are a thing of beauty, unfortunately I was too late to the one in Melbourne and ended up across the road in another pub
That they are , however it hard sometimes explaining how I know so many younger men Image

Sent from my HTC_0PKV1 using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote:The GH meet ups are a thing of beauty, unfortunately I was too late to the one in Melbourne and ended up across the road in another pub
The next one will be in Brisbane at the Caxton for the Raiders game at Lang Park.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Should change your name to cougar cat
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:
The next one will be in Brisbane at the Caxton for the Raiders game at Lang Park.

The one QLD game I can't go to! Stupid daylight savings!

Vaccinated
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

greeneyed wrote:

Hear that London folk, the boss has spoken we aren't allowed any meetups until the Strayan's have had the Brisbane one. :thumbsdown

I was going to stop lurking GE I really was, now though....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Haha!

Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

I have commenced my graduated de-lurking program (because GE said I should :) ).
cat wrote:
That they are , however it hard sometimes explaining how I know so many younger men Image

This does not sound like a bad thing, cat... :hmmm :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's de-lurker week on The Greenhouse... so why not de-lurk yourself today?

Did you know that on the internet...

90 per cent of people are lurkers?

It's on the internet and there's an infographic so it must be true!

Don't get me wrong, we love our GH readers!

But just imagine how much better it would be if we turned just three of those bodies on the infographic into people discussing the Raiders rather than just reading.

Maybe you're a member who's never posted. Or maybe you just read. Sign in, sign up, and in this thread tell us:

1. How long have you been reading The Greenhouse?

2. How did you start following the Raiders?

3. Who is your all time favourite player?

Try it out today!

How to register as a member: Click the Register icon underneath The Greenhouse site banner and follow the prompts! There're more details here: http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 013#p74013

Your first couple of posts need to be approved by an Administrator, as an anti spam measure, but after that you're right to go!
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

First time poster, long time reader... I've been reading the Greenhouse for around 5-6 years. Been 'lurking' on a daily basis ever since.

I've been a Raiders supporter all my life. One of my earliest memories was seeing Mal and the team hold the 1994 grand final trophy at the Mawson Club. Fell asleep at my Dad's feet waiting for them to arrive back in Canberra.

My favourite all time player would have to be Laurie Daley, however my love for him has waned recently due to him constantly snobbing Raiders players when it comes to rep football.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

:welcome:

Nice story about 1994!
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

SeeBee101 wrote:First time poster, long time reader... I've been reading the Greenhouse for around 5-6 years. Been 'lurking' on a daily basis ever since.

I've been a Raiders supporter all my life. One of my earliest memories was seeing Mal and the team hold the 1994 grand final trophy at the Mawson Club. Fell asleep at my Dad's feet waiting for them to arrive back in Canberra.

My favourite all time player would have to be Laurie Daley, however my love for him has waned recently due to him constantly snobbing Raiders players when it comes to rep football.
Welcome :)
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

Only started lurking the GH in the last 2 years, after being on the League Unlimited forums for over 10 years. It's pretty dead there now, so I like the amount of action that goes on here. I'll be sure to post a lot more this year. Very excited for the year ahead!
Floydd
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Floydd »

Hi Guys. Been lurking for a long time. I have posted a few times but it's been spread over quite a few years.

I love the raiders but I have not had a chance to go to a game for years as i live in Mongolia. I was really hoping the China game got the go ahead as i was planning to head down there to watch the mighty green machine.

My favourite current player is Josh Hodgson but all time would have to be Big Mal.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Floydd wrote:Hi Guys. Been lurking for a long time. I have posted a few times but it's been spread over quite a few years.

I love the raiders but I have not had a chance to go to a game for years as i live in Mongolia. I was really hoping the China game got the go ahead as i was planning to head down there to watch the mighty green machine.

My favourite current player is Josh Hodgson but all time would have to be Big Mal.
Welcome back :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Floydd wrote:Hi Guys. Been lurking for a long time. I have posted a few times but it's been spread over quite a few years.

Mongolia! Wow! What are you doing there?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mr. Snrub wrote:Only started lurking the GH in the last 2 years, after being on the League Unlimited forums for over 10 years. It's pretty dead there now, so I like the amount of action that goes on here. I'll be sure to post a lot more this year. Very excited for the year ahead!

gilby_gillard
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker, 2019 team

Post by gilby_gillard »

I'm one of those who post in threads everyn now and then, but always post in the player of the year votes.

I'm gonna try be more active in other threads this year
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Mr. Snrub wrote:Only started lurking the GH in the last 2 years, after being on the League Unlimited forums for over 10 years. It's pretty dead there now, so I like the amount of action that goes on here. I'll be sure to post a lot more this year. Very excited for the year ahead!
Good
The GH has still never reached the highs it reached of your "I say we invest that money back into the nuclear plant" post
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:

By gum he's got it!
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

How's the lamb?
lars
Terry Campese

Post by lars »

I used to post quite a bit over at LU, but took a fairly long sabbatical from posting for various reasons. I lurked on here for ages following the ups and (mainly) downs of the raiders for 10+ years. I can't even remember if I signed up here ages ago, but I've certainly forgotten my password! Im going to try to become a bit more involved this year. Hopefully I'll be able to savour a premiership in the next couple of seasons with all of you!
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

When I post I just want to be part of the green love. Most times anything I have to say is already reported by another poster (it truly is a great site with quick accurate news).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Did you know that there's something called National Delurking Day? And National Delurking Week? Well, it's in January, so we sort of missed it. But we don't care, because here on The Greenhouse...

This is what we'd like you to do:

So why not sign up to the site and say hello? It's more fun participating.

And you know what? Being a member of The Greenhouse is a sure sign you're a dedicated Canberra Raiders fan. No chance of being called a bandwagoner when Jarrod Croker holds the trophy aloft on Grand Final Day!

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If you don't post, you can't have a weekly segment. It's that simple people!
Raiders74156
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Raiders74156 »

I started lurking around 4-5 year ago, i could never be bothered starting an account. I finnally got an account but don't comment too much.
My reason is simple for following the Raiders, in school i was on the green team and the first green team i saw was the Raiders, i have had no regrets ever since.
My favorite pplayer of all time is Jarrod Croker, he's an excellent leader both on and off the field.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders74156 wrote:I started lurking around 4-5 year ago, i could never be bothered starting an account. I finnally got an account but don't comment too much.
My reason is simple for following the Raiders, in school i was on the green team and the first green team i saw was the Raiders, i have had no regrets ever since.
My favorite pplayer of all time is Jarrod Croker, he's an excellent leader both on and off the field.
Lime green was always my favourite colour as well!