How many Raiders fans are there?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

How many Raiders fans are there?

Post by greeneyed »

Interesting document, which relies on Neilsen's survey: https://issuu.com/raiderscanberra/docs/ ... dium=email

TBH, I'm not sure how good the Nielsen survey is on picking up regional teams like the Raiders. If there are genuinely 117,000 Raiders fans, we've got a good share of them following The GH, with more than 44,000 followers.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: How many Raiders fans are there?

Post by -PJ- »

I've been a Raiders fan since inception and found the GH by accident. Had I have known about this supporters site earlier I would have been part of it.

It's where we get all the news before it hits the papers. It's funny when someone says to me something Raiders related and I've known about it for at least a week.

True story
Yesterday my sister txt me to let me know Rapana had signed on. It's stuff like that every other day. Paulo to miss rnd 1 they say...yep I know.
" I read it on the GH" I say.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

117k identified supporters (ie fill out surveys, have memberships etc) there'd be heaps more that don't but still support the club
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote:117k identified supporters (ie fill out surveys, have memberships etc) there'd be heaps more that don't but still support the club
The Nielsen survey, as I understand it, is a sample population survey, which is the extrapolated to the Australian population as a whole.
BJ123
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Chicka

Post by BJ123 »

greeneyed wrote:
-TW- wrote:117k identified supporters (ie fill out surveys, have memberships etc) there'd be heaps more that don't but still support the club
The Nielsen survey, as I understand it, is a sample population survey, which is the extrapolated to the Australian population as a whole.
People have issues with the quality of the ABS Census when they reach 85% of Australians, my guess is this Survey reaches less than 1%.

The results of this survey could be so easily boosted by ensuring regional teams like raiders, Knights and Cowboys had their games shown on free to air delay. I still can't believe how the NRL can't see how doing this has helped the regional AFL teams and the Big Bash league grow in popularity. The NRL commission are the most inept sporting organisation imaginable.

Canberra residents are going to get every GWS game live on free to air this season. The NRL won't even try and counter the AFL's push into the region. Another missed opportunity by a commission still focused inwardly on themselves.