Storm 13+
No votes

Total votes: 18

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: 2016 Finals Wk 3 V Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by Postman Pat »

CJ42 wrote:Lol the storm have a day less to prepare for the gf than Cronulla/Cowboys... since when have they already decided one half of the grand final!?
Theres your ammo boys.
What are talking about?

They have an extra weeks notice with an opposed session against us next Saturday night.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker calls for Viking clap to spread to Melbourne Storm final

Canberra has caught a serious case of the Viking clap and Raiders captain Jarrod Croker wants to spread it to Melbourne.

"I'd like to see it at Melbourne Park, I don't know if it will get a run down there. It was great, it really gets the boys going, gets us off to a good start," Croker said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... riyjm.html
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Tough, smart and skilful. He's the full package and he deserves all the accolades he is getting. Props to Sticky as well. He has a real knack for spotting talent.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL's best attack up against the best wrestlers as Canberra Raiders take on Melbourne Storm

It's the NRL's best attacking team up against the competition's best wrestlers, and while Canberra Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin says the Melbourne Storm are "very dangerous", he believes teams now fear the Green Machine as well.

"I'm not one of those coaches that's going to come out and have a shot about wrestle, which seems to happen every time some team plays against Melbourne, not at all," Stuart said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... riyih.html

Canberra Raiders refuse to criticise Melbourne Storm's wrestle tactics: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... riuob.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' Blake Austin says he shouldn't have played against Penrith Panthers

Blake Austin insists the ankle injury he suffered on Saturday night won't keep him out of the preliminary final against Melbourne, but admits he probably shouldn't have played against Penrith given the state of his hand.

"If it had have been round three or four, I would have waited another couple of weeks," Austin said. "I wasn't going to miss another game at GIO Stadium with that crowd. I'm pleased it held up well. The hand is pretty sturdy with the plates in there. The local anaesthetic numbs it and allows you to do plenty with it.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... ritqv.html
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote: The hand is pretty sturdy with the plates in there. The local anaesthetic numbs it and allows you to do plenty with it.
;)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Too much information Blake!
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote:Too much information Blake!
He'll be ok ge .. will keep you informed ;)
I don't post facts
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote:NRL's best attack up against the best wrestlers as Canberra Raiders take on Melbourne Storm

It's the NRL's best attacking team up against the competition's best wrestlers, and while Canberra Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin says the Melbourne Storm are "very dangerous", he believes teams now fear the Green Machine as well.

"I'm not one of those coaches that's going to come out and have a shot about wrestle, which seems to happen every time some team plays against Melbourne, not at all," Stuart said.

Canberra Raiders refuse to criticise Melbourne Storm's wrestle tactics: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... riuob.html
:roflmao
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Should send the cowboys a nice thank you note for making their complaint this week

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coach Ricky Stuart wants to make the star hooker Josh Hodgson a Canberra Raider for life

JOSH Hodgson is in the process of becoming a permanent Australian resident. Now Ricky Stuart wants to make the star hooker a Canberra Raider for life.

Asked if he thinks Hodgson has earned the right to be rated up with the game’s best players, Stuart didn’t hesitate: “Yes I do. I have all the admiration and respect for Cameron Smith as a bloke and as a player and Josh Hodgson is sitting right beside him. “I want him to be here forever. He is not only a great player but he is a great person.”

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... fafd55c009
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL fans in Canberra face hike in fare prices to see team in preliminary final

NRL fans in Townsville and Canberra will pay up to $800 for return airfares to see their team play in the preliminary finals in Sydney or Melbourne next weekend as airline seats fill up fast.

Fares from Canberra to Melbourne for the Raiders versus Storm preliminary final at AAMI Park on Saturday are double their usual price at $419 one-way, with most priced in excess of $500 for the 70-minute flight.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 7b0d420954
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Throw the ball around: The Canberra Raiders blueprint to beating the Storm

CANBERRA have vowed to chance their arm against the Storm ensuring potent pair Joey Leilua and Jordan Rapana receive plenty of ball, believing they have unlocked the secret to beating the Storm.

“A lot of teams get stuck in the mould of trying to out Melbourne, Melbourne and getting into that grind,” Sezer said.

Read more: http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/thro ... 1145de1368
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote:Long time lurker on the GH, finally signed up. I've had green blood in my veins ever since attending matches at Seiffert with my Dad in the mid 1980s. Now live up Gympie way and passionately follow the boys from afar.

Flights and tickets booked for the Storm game, sooo pumped. Go you mighty Raiders! Can't wait!
:welcome:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote:No charges from last night's match!

Paul Kent on Triple M.
Wow, so that lunatic Akauola, who tried to decapitate Rapa, has no case to answer? If that wasn't reckless, then they should remove the term from the rule book.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Morgo wrote:Another long time lurker who decided to sign up. Really excited for this team. I think there might be something very special brewing! Go Raiders!!
:welcome:
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

RedRaider wrote:

Paul Kent on Triple M.
Wow, so that lunatic Akauola, who tried to decapitate Rapa, has no case to answer? If that wasn't reckless, then they should remove the term from the rule book.
Lol there was nothing in it... We were lucky to get a penalty imo
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Fair Cop wrote:I really think the only thing that gets us beaten is Smith and Cronk's experience in knowing what to get away with in finals. We've got these blokes covered across the park as we showed last time.

I'm really looking forward to BJ terrorising Blair again.
Their pack is huge as well. Their back three are lethal AND they have Smith and Cronk. It's potentially their last game of the season also. They are coming off a weeks spell and have much more experience than we do at this type of football. We will have to be better than last time we met imo. But having said all that, the confidence within the Raiders is now restored and if the defence goes hard for the full 80 minutes we can again get over the top of them. I'm sure Sticky will be putting the lid on all Grand Final talk this week. It will be all about getting over the Storm first, last and everything in between.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Play like the last time we met and we win if we don't then we're in trouble.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Raiders666 wrote:
RedRaider wrote:

Paul Kent on Triple M.
Not sure if serious. Rapa didn't have possession of the ball, the point of impact was the neck, the impact so great as to flip Rapa over. Lucky it was ONLY a penalty imo.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Green eyed Mick wrote:
greeneyed wrote:NRL's best attack up against the best wrestlers as Canberra Raiders take on Melbourne Storm

:roflmao
Master of the spin Ricky. I am NOT saying it, I am NOT saying it.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Raiders666 wrote:
RedRaider wrote:

Paul Kent on Triple M.
So you think the NRL should condone this sort of tackle .. maybe until someone has his neck broken yea.

The employer and employees have a duty of care to provide a safe working environment. Hence the concussion rule. One of these tackles will find its way into the courtrooms eventually.
I don't post facts
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Raidersfan wrote:
Raiders666 wrote:
RedRaider wrote:

Paul Kent on Triple M.
So you think the NRL should condone this sort of tackle .. maybe until someone has his neck broken yea.

The employer and employees have a duty of care to provide a safe working environment. Hence the concussion rule. One of these tackles will find its way into the courtrooms eventually.
It was no worse than Whiteheads tackle IMO.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote:Coach Ricky Stuart wants to make the star hooker Josh Hodgson a Canberra Raider for life

JOSH Hodgson is in the process of becoming a permanent Australian resident. Now Ricky Stuart wants to make the star hooker a Canberra Raider for life.

Asked if he thinks Hodgson has earned the right to be rated up with the game’s best players, Stuart didn’t hesitate: “Yes I do. I have all the admiration and respect for Cameron Smith as a bloke and as a player and Josh Hodgson is sitting right beside him. “I want him to be here forever. He is not only a great player but he is a great person.”

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... fafd55c009
Lock him up now. Don't sit on yr hands with this one Don. Do it.
Uncle Wayne gets to spend some time with Hodgo soon and he'll understand how damn good he his real quick. I don't want Wayne anywhere near our Poms. His mouth is on the side of his head......
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Raidersfan wrote:
Raiders666 wrote:
RedRaider wrote:

Paul Kent on Triple M.

Rapa was falling and he still only just caught him on the throat - it was more unfortunate than foul play IMO. You can't outlaw heavy tackles - we may as well play OzTag if that's the case because the interpretation would be so inconsistent.

Whitehead very lucky to be let off. He caught him flush.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

On BSB this morning a caller complaining that Raiders got two home finals .. err Storm about to get their 2nd final
I don't post facts
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Raidersfan wrote:On BSB this morning a caller complaining that Raiders got two home finals .. err Storm about to get their 2nd final
Yes, why shouldn't they?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^Roger
Have a look at the replay mate.

Rapa dropped the ball from basically an upright position, his knees buckled a fraction and he was instantly collected with a high tackle .. there was no intention of tackling below the shoulders. He was then dragged to the ground.
I don't post facts
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

BJ and Rapa when attacking always get tackled high and no call. It was the panthers only way to bring BJ down.

Boyd and Paulo always cop high tackles and never get a call either.

It was a penalty clear as day, falling is not an excuse if you kick it that high, you are always going to take that catch low to the ground, watch a game of cricket ****, he caught it with the correct technique. I am not a fan of rugby league turning into netball, but not for one second should it become lawless. He took his head off and if it was any higher a binning would have been appropriate.

Raidersfan it doesnt matter about you intention, the onus is on you not to collect the head, you should know that a player is going to get low as he catches a highball to take some of the downward velocity and the chance of dropping the ball away.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^
Totally agree papa. This excuse from people that he was dropping while taking a bomb is an absolute cop out .. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT !!
I don't post facts
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Be nice if they target Blair again

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Panther was an idiot, great tactic to use on a kickoff but have to launch yourself lower and aim for the waiste not the chest or higher.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

reptar wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:On BSB this morning a caller complaining that Raiders got two home finals .. err Storm about to get their 2nd final
Yes, why shouldn't they?
Interested to know what argument they put up
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Also the advantage of finishing in the top 2! Doing that and losing week 1 is the only way it can happen.

This will only build the siege mentality! Circle the wagons boys!
The_Green_Hope
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by The_Green_Hope »

It's Week 3 of the finals and we're still here. I'm still having problems coming to grips with the situation. We can actually be in a Grand Final this year. It's a tough road but I have full confidence that the boys will give everything they have and give themselves the best possible chance of beating Melbourne.

I don't think I could stomach seeing a Cronulla GF win, with Ennis, Gallen and Fifita all celebrating. It would do my head in. Backing the Cowboys class to get them over the line and I hope we meet them in the final.