Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: Raiders finals love from Channel 9

Post by Postman Pat »

DJ89 wrote:
Matt wrote:
Aero wrote:
Matt wrote:
Aero wrote:Anyone else watched the Sunday Footy Show go over our game last night?
The scrolling banner on the bottom of the screen was from last week, showing stats and info from the Sharks game :lol:
I did.
Bunch of amateurs!
I was scratching my head when I saw Hodgson credited for a cry... and then I saw the Sharks stats come up... :lol:
You get a better understanding of why NRL journos are so bad after you see this. Typos, wrong pictures, wrong players, etc.
I am pretty well convinced the experts in the game have no idea what they are talking about.

It's a really poorly covered game compared to the other codes I watch.

Joey and Freddy were embarrassing in what I saw this morning. No meaningful insight at all. It seemed like Joey just wanted to watch the replays in the studio. I am a Joey fan, but geez they are pretty piss poor. Even Fox lately have seem off the boil. Gaz and Braith haven't stopped raving about Moylan, Cartwright and Cleary for the past month.
I'm really sick of hearing about a 15 minute period where the Panthers could have won game.

What about the other 55 mins where we controlled the game and limited the Panthers offloads, and therefore stifled there entire game plan.

Anasta must have had money on the Panthers last night.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

But did you see how Moylan threw such a miraculous pass when all his weight was on his right leg?? That defied physics! **** they carry on.

Seriously, Penrith have played garbage teams for 6 weeks and finally met a decent side, albeit not near being 100% healthy, and got pretty outplayed for 60-70 minutes. I'm glad its crushed so many of the media personalities.
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

It was quite unbelievable how we went from everyone's second favourite team to absolute no hopers!

We didn't finish second for no reason!!!
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

DJ89 wrote:
Matt wrote:
Aero wrote:
Matt wrote:
Aero wrote:Anyone else watched the Sunday Footy Show go over our game last night?
The scrolling banner on the bottom of the screen was from last week, showing stats and info from the Sharks game Image
I did.
Bunch of amateurs!
I was scratching my head when I saw Hodgson credited for a cry... and then I saw the Sharks stats come up... Image
You get a better understanding of why NRL journos are so bad after you see this. Typos, wrong pictures, wrong players, etc.
I am pretty well convinced the experts in the game have no idea what they are talking about.

It's a really poorly covered game compared to the other codes I watch.

Joey and Freddy were embarrassing in what I saw this morning. No meaningful insight at all. It seemed like Joey just wanted to watch the replays in the studio. I am a Joey fan, but geez they are pretty piss poor. Even Fox lately have seem off the boil. Gaz and Braith haven't stopped raving about Moylan, Cartwright and Cleary for the past month.
Triple M is now becoming the same!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Raiders Finals Love from Channel 9

Post by Seiffert82 »

edwahu wrote:Now they are running the ticker for the game stats against the sharks while talking about this weeks game.
Yep. Outstanding effort.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Heard a bit of triple M this afternoon, and it was another Panthers love fest.

I don't understand why we've fallen out of favour with most of the media. This week it'll be all about how clinical Melbourne are, how professional, how much experience they have, Cameron Smith this, Cooper Cronk that, Munster this, Bellamy that blah blah blah.

I'll admit that the raiders haven't played as well as since we defeated Melbourne, but we've lost one game in 12 matches.

But hey, continue spouting about Moylan and Cartwright. We haven't heard enough about them yet

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

dubby I'm happy about this, the team struggled when we had the hype going into the sharks game

the problem with the main media is that they have no idea about our players, the nrl dont even know the difference between priest and bateman!

Wighton- all they know is Ricky trusted him as full back- they wrote that awhile ago
Croker- he isnt closely related to Jason so there goes that story
bj- they have already written the Ricky brings out the best of the boy who was lazy and fat after bali 5 times
Rapana- already done the mormon story 5 times too
Eddy- journos say who?

Hodgo and Blake- injury story worked well to fill the space this week
Seizer- nothing special to write here
Elliott- who?

The journos have nothing to write
Vaccinated
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by beetlejuice »

Raidersfan wrote:
Schifty wrote:Don't worry I'm sure they'll send that muppet Beau Ryan to Canberra this week to disgrace himself...
They have all the best people.

Erin should move on as quick as possible.
with her "dear in the headlights"look and her inability to string a smart sentence together? no. she's god awful. I'd take Yvonne Sampson any day of the week.
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

I thought rabs pronounciation of Tapine name throughout the game was funny. Pretty sure i heard three variations.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

fulivai wrote:I thought rabs pronounciation of Tapine name throughout the game was funny. Pretty sure i heard three variations.
Did he call him Boyd at least one of the times?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
mattygordo
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Damon Booby

Post by mattygordo »

I'm really sick of hearing about a 15 minute period where the Panthers could have won game.

What about the other 55 mins where we controlled the game and limited the Panthers offloads, and therefore stifled there entire game plan.

Anasta must have had money on the Panthers last night.
haha yeah we absolutely monstered them for 60 mins and could've been up by 30 but they were coming to get us ay. That's the consensus from the pundits. Penrith beat themselves. Its comical, it really is.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We could be on a victory lap at Olympic Stadium and they'd say it should be Penrith...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
mattygordo
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Damon Booby

Post by mattygordo »

Basically the Sunday Footy Show is Freddy talking like a deadset EDIT, struggling to string a sentence together and cracking awful jokes, Joey's gross exaggerations e.g Coen Hess will play 20 origin games
(He's played 4 1st grade games), notice Joey's also 'blown away' by everything. He deadset said it 18 times yesterday. Yvonne Sampson just sits there and laughs at everything. Yeah brilliant show.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Raiders finals love from Channel 9

Post by Roy Rover »

Sorry my mistake
Last edited by Roy Rover on September 19, 2016, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Isn't that what Aero posted yesterday? OP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

Ch9 really are a sad state of affairs, literally ruining the game. Fittler would have to be the biggest idiot on TV. Im not really enjoying the fox coverage these days either. Blocker, Anasta and Brandy are painful. Warren smith seems to be doing less games. Joel Caine is not great. The worst his Matt Russell. He does that ridiculous throaty voice when something exciting happens and sounds so bad when he needs to go back to speaking normally again. I never understood why Mark Braybrook got punted, I always quite liked him and he is much better than Caine and Russell. Fox should be doing their best to get Graeme Hughes back on board. Even for just 1 game a week.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I'm loving it. Every year when we've gotten written off / ignored like this despite being genuine contenders, we've gone onto do something special. I have a feeling Saturday night will be the same. I look forward to that dinosaur Ray Warren calling Wighton "Matthew Chalk" in the GF.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

fulivai wrote:Ch9 really are a sad state of affairs, literally ruining the game. Fittler would have to be the biggest idiot on TV. Im not really enjoying the fox coverage these days either. Blocker, Anasta and Brandy are painful. Warren smith seems to be doing less games. Joel Caine is not great. The worst his Matt Russell. He does that ridiculous throaty voice when something exciting happens and sounds so bad when he needs to go back to speaking normally again. I never understood why Mark Braybrook got punted, I always quite liked him and he is much better than Caine and Russell. Fox should be doing their best to get Graeme Hughes back on board. Even for just 1 game a week.
Yeah I got over Fox about half way through the year.

Besides Voss as a main caller, Gasnier as a pundit, Raymond as a sideline reporter there's not much else positive besides NRL360.

Caine and Russell are very ordinary callers for mine and some of the other blokes just holding onto their jobs are a disgrace. The likes of Jimmy Smith, Blocker Roach and co are actually worse than what 9 trot out IMO.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

beetlejuice wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
Schifty wrote:Don't worry I'm sure they'll send that muppet Beau Ryan to Canberra this week to disgrace himself...

with her "dear in the headlights"look and her inability to string a smart sentence together? no. she's god awful. I'd take Yvonne Sampson any day of the week.

Did you do that on on purpose :roflmao
If not :hmmm
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Jimmy Smith is such a muppet. Rarely comes up with anything that makes sense. I've seen a few times this year that Gaz just has this bewildered look on his face after Jimmy has given his opinion (I usually have the same look).

I don't always agree with Gaz but he is often more insightful and backs it up with some solid reasoning as opposed to most of the TV commentators out there.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

julian87 wrote:
fulivai wrote:Ch9 really are a sad state of affairs, literally ruining the game. Fittler would have to be the biggest idiot on TV. Im not really enjoying the fox coverage these days either. Blocker, Anasta and Brandy are painful. Warren smith seems to be doing less games. Joel Caine is not great. The worst his Matt Russell. He does that ridiculous throaty voice when something exciting happens and sounds so bad when he needs to go back to speaking normally again. I never understood why Mark Braybrook got punted, I always quite liked him and he is much better than Caine and Russell. Fox should be doing their best to get Graeme Hughes back on board. Even for just 1 game a week.
Yeah I got over Fox about half way through the year.

Besides Voss as a main caller, Gasnier as a pundit, Raymond as a sideline reporter there's not much else positive besides NRL360.

Caine and Russell are very ordinary callers for mine and some of the other blokes just holding onto their jobs are a disgrace. The likes of Jimmy Smith, Blocker Roach and co are actually worse than what 9 trot out IMO.
It's no surprise that hiring former head of sport at Channel 9 Steve Crawley has lead to the steady decline of the quality of Fox Sports' NRL coverage.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

beetlejuice wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:

Lol please, Erin seems to have a genuine love for the game/raiders,
Sampson seems like your usual Queensland bandwagoner who is a footy expert after watching origin for a few years. She has no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

I think they're both quite good. Yvonne maybe a tad more natural but Erin is one of us so Erin wins.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I love hearing blocky back in commentary
Edrick The Entertainer
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

and it keeps going tonight on the footy show...

Fatty to Hodgo "where the f did you come from?"

fatty to junior "where did junior come from? " he said his mum and dad

fatty to boyd "what size are your feet" boyd "size 16" then fatty tries to touch them and says "you know what they say about big feet"

fatty to papa " canberra council do your hair?"

fatty to croker "how many records you going to break?"

inspiring stuff

fatty to rapana "correbetti runs hard you will need to tackle him"
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

fatty to blake "give us a look at your hand" "did you have a needle?"

and toots gives fatty a raiders jeresy lol
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

he watched them train for an hour and is now on the band wagon

and he now says he gave the jersey to the wife to wear to bed and she did the viking clap at the end of the bed
arghhhh

thank you channel 9
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

and fatty impressed to the end

"it should be a fantastic game on when???" "oh on 9"
Vaccinated
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

Agree cat, pretty lame. I find it very disturbing that almost the entire commentary team has jumped on the Raiders bandwagon. Our boys were gracious under that bombardment of moronic questions. Whoever trains them in media has done an excellent job. Just love Croker's humility and tolerance of idiots.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Green thumbs wrote:Agree cat, pretty lame. I find it very disturbing that almost the entire commentary team has jumped on the Raiders bandwagon. Our boys were gracious under that bombardment of moronic questions. Whoever trains them in media has done an excellent job. Just love Croker's humility and tolerance of idiots.
Think it comes down to all their community work including working with people and children with special needs that helps them with those kind of questions
Vaccinated
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Cat with the claws out for channel nine! Be nice cat, it's cruel comparing people with real disabilities to the channel nine commentary team!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fatty has been **** house since he fell out of the truck
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

pickles wrote:Cat with the claws out for channel nine! Be nice cat, it's cruel comparing people with real disabilities to the channel nine commentary team!
Mate I teach kids with special needs for a living, all my guys ask smarter questions then fatty did!

And it's a compliment to the boys how well they handled it , coming out looking smart and not rude
Vaccinated
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

-TW- wrote:Fatty has been **** house since he fell out of the truck
That guy was busted a long time before that
He's been missing a chromosome since birth
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Monosomy is so rare these days I would have for sure thought he had one too many not too few
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)