Wighton not guilty

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Wighton not guilty

Post by Botman »

Bay53 wrote:See Rebecca Wilson has broken the massive story that those fans weren't from Canberra.

It did seem a bit fishy that no one on here said they recognised them.

Still even if they were from Paddington or Surry Hills good on them.
Haha it's great they went to support Jack but it's one of those things where the further they travelled the more empathy I have for them haha
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

simo wrote:Haha broke the story? Ben posted on twitter he was joking straight after.
Yes he tweeted that Tuesday night that that was what they telling the media to make it a better story for them!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote:
simo wrote:Haha broke the story? Ben posted on twitter he was joking straight after.
Yes he tweeted that Tuesday night that that was what they telling the media to make it a better story for them!
fancy a journo letting the truth get in the way of a good story
Dont delete this GE
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote:Good to see #bringbackthejack has been trending massively this week. Good to see Wighton picking up a lot of support globally!
Very deserved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

simo wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:I'm sorry if I missed something but a head clash meaning contact with the head means what ?
Who has ever been charged for a head clash :hmmm
richard villasanti?

Awesome answer hadn't thought of that one.

The one of Fittler yeah ? Was he charged ?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Sun Coast Raider wrote:
simo wrote:
Sun Coast Raider wrote:I'm sorry if I missed something but a head clash meaning contact with the head means what ?
Who has ever been charged for a head clash :hmmm
richard villasanti?

Awesome answer hadn't thought of that one.

The one of Fittler yeah ? Was he charged ?
yeah. im not actually sure. Its just the first thing that came to my head when i read your q
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wow, I got a response from the NRL to my message about Jack's charge. Was sent on the Monday before the hearing. Looks like the reaction of fans and media has had some impact. Transcript of the e-mail reply below:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email.

As you may be aware, player Wighton was found not guilty at the judiciary.

Every incident is looked at individually and the circumstances considered when it comes to determining whether a charge is necessary. You are of course perfectly entitled to disagree with certain decisions but please note that their decision was based on what they thought was the appropriate ruling at the time.

It is worth noting that the NRL has set up a working group to review the current Judiciary system model and assess other systems and ideas. This group is exploring a number of different models, including the prospect of financial penalties for low-grade offences as well as ways to simplify the system.

We are hoping to finalise the results of this important review in the coming months and we are hopeful the outcomes will see a system which further enhances our approach to on-field player misconduct and a safe working environment for all players.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

Kind regards

Robert
Supporter Liaison
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Post by Raidersfan »

^^^
I could re-write that response with what they will actually do but couldn't waste my time with these amateurs
I don't post facts
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The system needs change and maybe this is the catalyst needed. NRL have a track record of making such changes only after significant public and media pressure e.g. round 13 rule after the DCE backflip. Otherwise they happily trundle along operating withing the bounds of their own incompetence.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

The power of green !! :thumbsup
Vaccinated
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Perhaps I'm cynical but to me that read a bit like reptars "I'll get a committee/the integrity unit onto it".
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Archer wrote:Perhaps I'm cynical but to me that read a bit like reptars "I'll get a committee/the integrity unit onto it".
They're busy on a junket to the Gold Coast at the moment, consorting with bikies.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.