No votes

Total votes: 12

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: 2016 Rd 26 V Wests Tigers: Game Day

Post by Matt »

Begbie wrote:
Pigman wrote:We're made if we dont needle up Blake Griffin and bomb it all day to him. Mother-**** can jump
(B)Lake "Burley" Griffen?
:clap:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote:
Homer wrote:
T_R wrote:
Homer wrote:That pass from BJ......
Honestly, if I were coach I'd telling him that while fun, today's was the last of those we'll be seeing this year.
It is the ultimate rocks or diamonds play, classic BJ. :lol:

I don't know if you can coach it out of him, he doesn't seem like a deep thinker or student of the game type of guy, more an instinctive player.
BJ did say after the game that they practice that at training. I have to say I loved the shrug of his shoulders as Rapa went 20 meters to score the try. As if to say, 'yeah we do it all the time'.

Deeman and I were sitting with two West Tigers fans watching the match. We were cheering the brilliance of it while they simply gaped, almost unable to comprehend what had just happened.
That pass was straight out of the Harlem Globetrotter handbook, its not new.... :P
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Raider Bell wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That BJ pass was the best 3 seconds of NRL this season. Deadset hit Rapana perfectly on the chest.

I used to think Dorgusson were brilliant together. Rapana and Leilua make that combo look a couple of guys who met last week.
Absolutely. Dorguson was something magical, but these two are out of this world. Even individually BJ is better than Fergo and Rapana is 3 country miles ahead of Sandor.
Geez I don't know about that. Ferguson was unstoppable for a few seasons there and has been woeful since he became a non smoking, non spitting, non drinking, mormon, muslim, married man with a child *and spiffy cardigan. The fact that he proved he couldn't swing a handbag in a boxing match may have also contributed to his sudden downfall. He no longer has that intimidation factor. Current BJ vs Ferguson during his prime would have been an epic battle.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

gergreg wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That BJ pass was the best 3 seconds of NRL this season. Deadset hit Rapana perfectly on the chest.

I used to think Dorgusson were brilliant together. Rapana and Leilua make that combo look a couple of guys who met last week.
Absolutely. Dorguson was something magical, but these two are out of this world. Even individually BJ is better than Fergo and Rapana is 3 country miles ahead of Sandor.
Geez I don't know about that. Ferguson was unstoppable for a few seasons there and has been woeful since he became a non smoking, non spitting, non drinking, mormon, muslim, married man with a child *and spiffy cardigan. The fact that he proved he couldn't swing a handbag in a boxing match may have also contributed to his sudden downfall. He no longer has that intimidation factor. Current BJ vs Ferguson during his prime would have been an epic battle.
Fergo was a demon (on the piss and on the field), in no way disputing that. I think BJ in top form just pips him though. Fergo's defense was a fair chunk better, however. He used to put some great hits on.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

The interview with Joey after the game is so good

http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2016/09/ ... ey_le.html
Homer
David Grant
Favourite Player: Alan Tongue

Post by Homer »

Matt wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Pigman wrote:We're made if we dont needle up Blake Griffin and bomb it all day to him. Mother-**** can jump
(B)Lake "Burley" Griffen?
:clap:
We must have lined up some massive third party deals to get him under the cap.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

luke wrote:The interview with Joey after the game is so good

**** I love Joey.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

wonder if farrah is off the scoreboard yet?????
Vaccinated
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Raider Bell wrote:
luke wrote:The interview with Joey after the game is so good

**** I love Joey.
The best part
"Are you excited for finals next week?"
BJ "aww.. Kind of."

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

cat wrote:wonder if farrah is off the scoreboard yet?????
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Kingtoots
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: BJ

Post by Kingtoots »

As much of an agronant and overrated prick Farah is I kinda feel sorry for him with the tough times he's been through and it was a pretty sad way to finish his time with a club he's poured his heart into. The fans chanting " Robbie !!! Robbie" would of been so emotional for him. I was at the game and he got a standing ovation the whole way around his farewell lap.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Kingtoots wrote:
As much of an agronant and overrated prick Farah is I kinda feel sorry for him with the tough times he's been through and it was a pretty sad way to finish his time with a club he's poured his heart into. The fans chanting " Robbie !!! Robbie" would of been so emotional for him. I was at the game and he got a standing ovation the whole way around his farewell lap.
was at the game too, the lap of honour was awkward to watch though, there was a guy from the tigers (some official) glaring at him the whole way around

couldn't work out if the club organised/endorsed the half time thing or not
Vaccinated
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Raider Bell wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:

Fergo was a demon (on the piss and on the field), in no way disputing that. I think BJ in top form just pips him though. Fergo's defense was a fair chunk better, however. He used to put some great hits on.
there's no arguing that BJ has had a better year than even fergos 2012.
Kingtoots
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: BJ

Post by Kingtoots »

cat wrote:
Kingtoots wrote:
was at the game too, the lap of honour was awkward to watch though, there was a guy from the tigers (some official) glaring at him the whole way around

couldn't work out if the club organised/endorsed the half time thing or not
I highly doubt they wanted it to happen, they were reluctant to mention the Robbie Farah departure on every occasion and didn't even mention him a few of the times when talking about the retirement of that other fella. The tigers have shown they're run by a bunch of idiots to be honest. They initially denied Robbie a Farewell and lap of honour and then went on to put on loud music to drown out the " Robbie" chants by the fans. Such an immature and poorly
Run organisation the Wests Tigers are. They well and truly deserved that flogging we handed them after the disrespect they showed towards Farah. I have never been a fan of Robbie and have hated him as much as the next guy, But good lord I would be disgraced if our club showed such disrespect to a departing long term legend of the club. Such a shame.
Froggy
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Froggy »

I don't care much for Robbie, always felt he was over rated but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He played 247 games for them, the least they could have done was let him play out the last 3 weeks and let his final match make it 250
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't, it's always all about Robbie. Climbs on the scoreboard... to make it all about Robbie.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

tigers pretty much wrote the book on how to say good bye to a club legend badly

Robbie was bad for the club in the end but this whole thing could have been handled so much better
Vaccinated
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

cat wrote:tigers pretty much wrote the book on how to say good bye to a club legend badly

Robbie was bad for the club in the end but this whole thing could have been handled so much better
it would've been handled better if he wasn't a ****

he could learn a bit of humility from a respected sportsman like Nathan Lyon. Gets wrongfully dropped on several occasions and never once comes out in the media and says it's unfair and everyone else's fault. Says what needs to be said, publicly supports his replacement, and earns his way back into the side. But as greeneyed has said that's not Farah, it's all about him.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Farah is a knob. He has to get over himself and realise, as Ricky Stuart has said, the club itself is actually bigger than he is.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

On fergo the roosters have coached all the crazy out of his game. He is just a shell of his former self. Why would anyone sign blake ferguson and coach him to play boring footy.

Oh well its not my problem.,
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Pete Cash wrote:On fergo the roosters have coached all the crazy out of his game. He is just a shell of his former self. Why would anyone sign blake ferguson and coach him to play boring footy.

Because Trent Robinson isn't an elite coach.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The GH Pinterest updated for Rd 26 and the Captains Call: https://au.pinterest.com/theghraiders/2 ... a-raiders/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Pete Cash wrote:On fergo the roosters have coached all the crazy out of his game. He is just a shell of his former self. Why would anyone sign blake ferguson and coach him to play boring footy.

He looks like he's missing a lot of size he used to have. I thought he'd bulk back up over the last preseason but boy was I wrong.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Bell wrote:

I guess his initials speak for themselves when coaching exciting football out of X-factor type players, don't they??
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

The Nickman wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:

I guess his initials speak for themselves when coaching exciting football out of X-factor type players, don't they??
Initials?

Trent Robinson. TR. T_R.

Wait, is T_R Trent Robinson? Is that why he had a break this year, because he had to give the up the GH to prevent his team from getting the spoon? It all makes sense.

I'm sorry T_R, I didn't mean to offend you by saying you're not an elite coach, but you're just not. You were given some of the most favourable conditions in the league and you won a premiership, for which you should be proud. You've proven since however, that when the going gets tough you just don't have what it takes. I'm going to say you're a good coach, but not elite. Sorry. I'm not sure you'll ever win another premiership, I would lean towards the negative.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Bell wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Raider Bell wrote:

Initials?

Trent Robinson. TR. T_R.

Wait, is T_R Trent Robinson? Is that why he had a break this year, because he had to give the up the GH to prevent his team from getting the spoon? It all makes sense.

I'm sorry T_R, I didn't mean to offend you by saying you're not an elite coach, but you're just not. You were given some of the most favourable conditions in the league and you won a premiership, for which you should be proud. You've proven since however, that when the going gets tough you just don't have what it takes. I'm going to say you're a good coach, but not elite. Sorry. I'm not sure you'll ever win another premiership, I would lean towards the negative.
Well, he is on record in this very thread saying how he'd coach the X-Factor out of BJ's game... NEL MINUTE same thing has happened to Blake Fergattack.

Coincidence??
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher

Post by Raider Bell »

Once is a coincidence, twice is conspiracy........
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im not even an elite level under 8s coach

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Then why are his initials TR, then TR?? YOU TELL ME?!?!