Canberra Raiders finals tickets

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders finals tickets

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders finals tickets information

Raiders members will receive an exclusive pre-buying window for weeks 1-3 of the finals series. Ticket information:

Ticketed Club Members

- Ticketed Members will receive an email on the Sunday evening and the Monday morning with their AAN password which will need to be used to purchase tickets. These AAN passwords are unique, and if you do not receive an email with the details, please contact your club.
- Ticketed Members can then purchase from 10am on the Monday of each week through Ticketek (online, mobile, over the phone or at a Ticketek box office)
- Ticketed Members can use their AAN password to purchase up until gameday

Non-Ticketed Members

- Non-Ticketed Members will receive an email on the Monday morning with their password which will need to be used to purchase tickets.
- Non-Ticketed Members can then purchase from 4pm on the Monday of each week through Ticketek (Online, mobile, over the phone or at a Ticketek box office)

General Public

- General Public can purchase tickets from 10am Tuesday of each week.

Grand Final tickets: http://tickets.nrl.com/grand-final

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/tickets/final ... ation.html
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Canberra Raiders finals tickets information

Post by zim »

Nice. Better save some seats for us non-ticketed members GE!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders can only now finish in second or third position.

If the Raiders finish second, Week 1 of the finals will be against the Sharks at Canberra Stadium.

If the Sharks finish second, Week 1 of the finals will be against the Sharks, likely at the Sydney Football Stadium. The Olympic Stadium is the only other option.

If the Storm finish second, Week 1 of the finals will be against the Storm at Melbourne Park.

The Raiders will only play in Week 2 of the finals if they lose in Week 1. This match will be at Canberra Stadium.

If the Raiders win in Week 1 of the finals, they will progress to Week 3 and that match will be played in Sydney at the Sydney Football Stadium or the Olympic Stadium.

If the Raiders lose in Week 1 of the finals and win in Week 2, the preliminary final could be in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Townsville, depending on other results.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

And if they lose in Week 1 and week 2?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote:And if they lose in Week 1 and week 2?
You can tell us that.
Turt
Brett Mullins

Post by Turt »

Do they no longer put aside tickets for the fans of the two grand final teams?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm sure they would, they wouldn't be released until Monday morning before.. Surely
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
-TW- wrote:And if they lose in Week 1 and week 2?
You can tell us that.
The post mortem on here will be interesting that's for sure
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Turt wrote:Do they no longer put aside tickets for the fans of the two grand final teams?
Yes they do, but they're likely on the corners or at the ends.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

If current top 8 didn't change and Raiders win in Week 1 our only possible opponents in the preliminary final would be Storm, Cowboys, Broncos or Titans. No Sydney teams.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Greenheart
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenheart »

Any idea which day 2nd vs 3rd is usually played on?

Do they release this info after the weekends games or can we find this out before?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
If the Sharks finish second, Week 1 of the finals will be against the Sharks, likely at the Sydney Football Stadium. The Olympic Stadium is the only other option.
Is that correct? The sharks don't actually get a home final? That's pretty ordinary.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Campo88
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Campo88 »

Only because shark park is about the size of a public swimming pool.
Professor
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Bae

Post by Professor »

Thanks a lot for the information in this thread, GE.
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Is that correct? The sharks don't actually get a home final? That's pretty ordinary.
Sydney teams are only able to play their "Home" finals at ANZ/SFS. That's been the case for a few years now.
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

AJL wrote:
gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Sydney teams are only able to play their "Home" finals at ANZ/SFS. That's been the case for a few years now.
Yeah that's rough for them. Great for us though.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't think it's rough at all. Have you seen the "facilities" at Shark Park recently? It's not fit for a regular NRL game. Let alone a finals match.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Greenheart wrote:Any idea which day 2nd vs 3rd is usually played on?

Do they release this info after the weekends games or can we find this out before?
It should be a Saturday evening

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They don't tell us where and when are playing until after the end of Rd 26. Expect Saturday.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Also, Telstra customers can purchase tickets to Finals Weeks 1-3 from Midday on each Monday before that round.

https://www.telstra.com.au/thanks/sport/nrl/finals
Last edited by Makaveli on August 30, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Makaveli wrote:Also, Telstra customers can purchase tickets to Finals Weeks 1-3 from Midday on each Monday before that round.

So they get priority over non ticketed members?! And compete for tickets in the members buying window?! Extraordinary.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

DJ89 wrote:
AJL wrote:
gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Not really. It wouldn't be so "rough" if their fans weren't so bloody lazy. Oh boo hoo, they might have to drive 50 minutes to get to the game! Oh the humanity!

Meanwhile, if the Raiders get to week three, our "home" final involves the fans heading for a three hour plus trip up the highway. Yeah, tell me again how "rough" things are for Sydney fans.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's 25 minutes drive from Cronulla to the SFS.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Plus, Shark Park is a dive. You can't expect fans to travel and pay their money for a bog ordinary viewing experience

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

There is no way shark park is fit for a final. It is too small for starters. For the last raiders game there was around 15,000 and it was hard to see where you would fit another 5,000. Even at capacity it is not up to standard in terms of size or facilities.

On a train you can be in central in about 45 minutes and most people in the shire would commute that far to work at least. It's not a massive imposition.
Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Wiggy »

How many tickets can you buy per AAN password? Back in 2012 it was 10 tickets per password.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
Makaveli wrote:Also, Telstra customers can purchase tickets to Finals Weeks 1-3 from Midday on each Monday before that round.

So they get priority over non ticketed members?! And compete for tickets in the members buying window?! Extraordinary.
If you're paying out the **** for Telstra services, you deserve some kind of benefit
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I don't think it's rough at all. Have you seen the "facilities" at Shark Park recently? It's not fit for a regular NRL game. Let alone a finals match.
In other threads you complain about Canberra needing a new stadium because the facilities aren't great and haven't been upgraded since the 90's. I think it's terrible that a side finishing second on the ladder doesn't get a home final at all.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart

Post by DJ89 »

raiderskater wrote:
DJ89 wrote:
AJL wrote:
gergreg wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
Not really. It wouldn't be so "rough" if their fans weren't so bloody lazy. Oh boo hoo, they might have to drive 50 minutes to get to the game! Oh the humanity!

Meanwhile, if the Raiders get to week three, our "home" final involves the fans heading for a three hour plus trip up the highway. Yeah, tell me again how "rough" things are for Sydney fans.
Do you grasp the concept of home ground advantage?

Finishing second and moving to a 'home ground' you have played at once this year seems pretty rough to me. You are not as familiar with the ground, routine gets changed and you lose the parochial crowd advantage.
DJ89
Ricky Stuart

Post by DJ89 »

greeneyed wrote:I don't think it's rough at all. Have you seen the "facilities" at Shark Park recently? It's not fit for a regular NRL game. Let alone a finals match.
I was at the Raiders v Sharks game. It's a suburban ground, what do you expect?

A finals game there would be absolute cranking. Moving to ANZ or Allianz is a definite disadvantage for them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote:
In other threads you complain about Canberra needing a new stadium because the facilities aren't great and haven't been upgraded since the 90's. I think it's terrible that a side finishing second on the ladder doesn't get a home final at all.
I don't complain about Canberra Stadium too much. I think it's a good quality Stadium. It was first built in 1977 though, albeit significantly remodelled for the 2000 Olympics. That means the inners and other parts of the stands (like the roof in the Meninga Stand) are 40 years old. They're knocking down Parramatta Stadium after 30 years to rebuild entirely.

I don't have much sympathy for the Sharks. They play in a very outdated stadium with substandard facilities. The field was built in 1960, the Leagues Club in 1977. The southern stand dates to the late 1980s. But they could play 25 minutes up the road in a real stadium. And that's all they're being asked to do here.

I really don't get why people want to see NRL games played in tiny suburban grounds. We should be trying to build our crowds, offer them good facilities. If people want to go to suburban grounds they can... And see NSW Cup or Canberra Raiders Cup. I do it all the time. But the NRL should be past that.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

God I hope we don't play Melbourne in week 1, it just won't feel like a semi final bring in Victoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

On the bright side if we do it means they've been beaten by the broncos and the sharks at home in consecutive weeks. Surely that would have to play on their minds. Tough games too.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Greenheart wrote:Any idea which day 2nd vs 3rd is usually played on?

There is no "usual" times for any of the finals slots, it's decided based on turnaround times from Round 26, as well as stadium availability.

The NRL is in an interesting situation this year with potentially three teams (Tigers, Panthers and Raiders) having turnarounds from the Sunday afternoon. Far as I can tell this hasn't happened before.

This suggests the one match that doesn't contain these three teams (1 vs 4) will be the Friday night game. But if Broncos are 5th and playing the Tigers I don't think Lang Park is available for Saturday is it?

Very interesting indeed. One team may have to cop the short turnaround. I'll bet the NRL is hoping the Tigers lose this weekend.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

GE - really a discussion for another time/thread, but you must see that it is at least a little unfair for the Sharks?

In a perfect world the majority of stadiums would have good facilities and capacity but that is mostly on State and Federal Govts. I don't think the NRL has helped matters with having too much focus on the TV product instead of the Gameday experience. You get crowd averages of 15k each and every year then stipulate that stadium need a 40k capacity for finals (not sure of exact figure) just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.