Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: George Clooney

Re: Viking clap

Post by Raidersfan »

Archer wrote:
-TW- wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:
-TW- wrote:The Viking clap proves Canberra people are uncoordinated, people in the video clap like two seconds after the beat
I think that's the 7 sec delay between sound and vision duurrrh
If you watched the video spudley you'd know what I'm referring to

There's clearly people who clap after everyone else
Yeah its the 7 second delay between sound and vision - them them seeing when they should clap, processing it and actually making the clap. 7 Seconds.
Also... Spudley :lol: :lol: :lol: :roflmao I'm borrowing that one for later.
Really ??? ... nah its def the 7 sec delay ... Ive got instruments and stuff that tells me these things .. so there !!
I don't post facts
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

greeneyed wrote:I do cry every time I see the video.
if only we can bottle this sort of energy
I don't post facts
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Raidersfan wrote:^^^ Woodgers

Agree with your post in its entirety.

Imo the Viking Clap is here to stay. We've taken ownership and I don't think another club will try to copy it.

I think the club will see the potential of increasing the supporter base, attracting FTA time and sponsorship. Every time I replay the video it almost makes my cry (but then again I cry at chick flicks). I think the club will give us all the tools necessary to make it a tradition in the good times that we are experiencing now and also the bad times that will eventually come our way again.

Great to be a Raiders supporter at the moment.
Thank you sir. And I know we've had our differences in the past but I do really want to reiterate that whilst helping the club for years, I never got a single cent or kickback. I can swear that on my life. And i've never be a mouthpiece for something I didn't agree with and never have.

It's all good now. I just wanted to say.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Zip Zip wrote:How can you not love the Viking Clap? Every time we do it, the club gets huge coverage! I can guarantee you that every other club would be envious of that footage, I can't get enough of it.

As I've mentioned already though, three things need to happen:
1. Drum needs to be much louder.
2. Everyone needs to 'HOO' when they clap.
3. It needs to come to the climax just as the players are running out on to the field so we can all yell and cheer as they enter.

I hope we get to hear the Green Machine song at some stage too!
I quite liked the discipline of the clap continuing as the team ran out. Thought it added something!!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Woodgers wrote:
Raidersfan wrote:^^^ Woodgers

Agree with your post in its entirety.

Imo the Viking Clap is here to stay. We've taken ownership and I don't think another club will try to copy it.

I think the club will see the potential of increasing the supporter base, attracting FTA time and sponsorship. Every time I replay the video it almost makes my cry (but then again I cry at chick flicks). I think the club will give us all the tools necessary to make it a tradition in the good times that we are experiencing now and also the bad times that will eventually come our way again.

Great to be a Raiders supporter at the moment.
Thank you sir. And I know we've had our differences in the past but I do really want to reiterate that whilst helping the club for years, I never got a single cent or kickback. I can swear that on my life. And i've never be a mouthpiece for something I didn't agree with and never have.

Lol, yes I know I did criticise you and others of such in the past (my dislike for the Furner era probably got the best of me).

I don't post facts
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

Woodgers wrote:Guys (and girls) I spent a fair part of my life a decade or so ago running the club's supporter group and working with the club on strategies on crowd engagement and growing the fan base. We were actually pretty good for a time there and I know a lot of posters on here will back me up in saying in terms or RL, we had some decent noise and songs. Not Europe standard or even Wanderers or Victory in the A League, but we actually had some really good days out with some songs that weren't naff and over 100 bodies. We buried that Sharks supporters group a few times, often at Shark Park too. I'm sure some posters on here with some credibility can back that up. But RL isn't about that kind of support and it's really hard to generate that support in this country. However something like the Viking Clap is easy and will become the envy of every team and supporter base in the comp. I can't believe my eyes when I watch the video, this is our football club and that is us and i'm proud as anything that we've now started it. As i've said before, it isn't for every single week, but it is something we now run with when appropriate. We have something better than any NRL club and I bet my bottom dollar a lot of the opposition fans watching it wish it was them doing it in their own stadium. So be proud and own it a bit and encourage others to join.
.. and for Bay 72 to be filled with opposition fans on the weekend :*(

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Woodgers as someone who remembers the Raiders Army and their songs I'll back you on that. Those were good times when the Raiders away supporters bay was loud with singing every week (at least in Sydney) win/lose/draw.

Hopefully the Raiders stay strong for a few years and we'll get a new generation to reform a supporters group.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:I do cry every time I see the video.
Good grief, it's not that bad!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL finals: Penrith Panthers fans plan Viking Clap ambush for Raiders clash

Canberra Raiders fans perfected it, Michael Ennis mocked it and now a group of Penrith Panthers supporters are planning a Viking Clap "hijack" on Saturday night. The initial plan is for Penrith fans to chant, "Panthers" in between each clap.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... rfua5.html
Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Wiggy »

greeneyed wrote:NRL finals: Penrith Panthers fans plan Viking Clap ambush for Raiders clash

Canberra Raiders fans perfected it, Michael Ennis mocked it and now a group of Penrith Panthers supporters are planning a Viking Clap "hijack" on Saturday night. The initial plan is for Penrith fans to chant, "Panthers" in between each clap.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... rfua5.html
That's exactly what the Sharkie fans did, and to be honest, it added to the clap, it didn't take anything away.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

I've never heard Panthers fans do anything other than boo the opposition 10m.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

reptar wrote:I've never heard Panthers fans do anything other than boo the opposition 10m.
Sounds like there was a lot of Panthers fans at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night then!!
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Why does every opposition team's supporters feel the need to try and disrupt the clap?

We've got something good and all everybody else can think about is how best to ruin it. :thumbsdown
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

Geez guys .. click bait .. who the **** cares !!!
I don't post facts
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

If anything our fences should be worried the Panthers fans will be looking for retribution from 2010!
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

Easiest way to cover that is just to ensure the drum beat is really loud.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I actually think that this is fantastic! The Sharks fans did what they could when the clap was happening and it did absolutely nothing to detract from the experience.

Even the Sharks players admitted it was a wonderful thing to be a part of.

This is honestly the greatest crowd involvement in the history of the NRL so of course people will be trying to out do it. I say bring it on!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

It came across really well when the Sharks fans were singing in the background. Really added to it. The Panthers fans idea of yelling "pamffers" in between claps just sounds lame. I'd imagine they will do it within their bunch and have a bit of a giggle afterwards. Other than that it won't achieve much.

The only one who really hijacks the Viking Clap is the ground announcer who feels it necessary to talk over the top of it on the PA.
Last edited by Northern Raider on September 14, 2016, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The black hole guys are pretty funny some of their shenanigans
Edrick The Entertainer
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

So panther supporters aren't original either trying to disrupt the viking clap. I guess we're going to always get this other teams fan involvement having that 5 sec break between each clap. Makes it easy really to do that.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

They should play that panther noise from Penrith park between claps.

I can see it working something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKniXABsUeE
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Well this is familiar. God I hate that Peter Wallace already for mocking us all!
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I do think that one tweet is hardly Pamfers fans planning to disrupt the Viking Clap. But it's great for site traffic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

Raidersfan wrote:Geez guys .. click bait .. who the **** cares !!!
eugh..... I agree
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

So are pictures of cats, ge, so are pictures of cats.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

If we do make through to next round against Storm, Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been ruled out for the rest of the season.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/m ... rg1fw.html
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Manchild wrote:If we do make through to next round against Storm, Nelson Asofa-Solomona has been ruled out for the rest of the season.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/m ... rg1fw.html
That will be great for the Viking clap, he was planning to mock it I understand.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Viking salute was a 'bit of light-hearted fun' says Ennis

Cronulla Sharks star Michael Ennis has defended his alleged antagonising of Canberra Raiders fans by declaring: "It was just a bit of light-hearted fun."

"We had a pretty horrendous week at training. And then losing our skipper (Paul Gallen) the day before, we lose Wade (Graham) 10mins into the game. Prior to that we lost (Sam) Tagataese and Joey Pualo. And being down 12-0, just the emotion of being able to come back was just so special. And it was just a little bit of light-hearted fun, that's all it was."

Read more: http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/14/10/2 ... gGHZmzG.99
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter Sterling scathing of Michael Ennis’s mocking of Canberra Raiders fans

PETER Sterling has backed Canberra coach Ricky Stuart’s stinging criticism of Cronulla hooker Michael Ennis, saying his mocking of Raiders fans was “very, very poor’’.

“(Ennis’s) effort, especially the second half, was sensational,’’ Sterling said. “And you know what I’ll remember, more out of that game, the totally unnecessary celebration going over a mocking the fans. I thought it was very, very poor. I don’t get it, I honestly don’t get it and I know that Michael will come and say that he wasn’t disrespecting anybody and ‘I sometimes go home and I sit there and I watch it and I think that’s another person’, I’m over that too.”

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5f775be0de
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I like how Ennis just changed his story.

First it was directed at the Sharks fans, not the Raiders fans, despite it being directed at a bay full of green. Then it was directed at Raiders fans, but "its just a bit of light-hearted fun".

I see a disrespectful player who'll say or do anything to shake off the criticism he so rightly deserves.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

When the Raiders win a game the first thing the players are looking for is their own fans to celebrate with regardless of whether or not it is at home or away. I guess different people celebrate wins differently.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

I don't really care about the issue and I don't even think Ricky does. If this is the Raiders in the papers this week then i'm happy with that. Sticky used this beautifully on Monday, got all the attention away from his own players. Good coaching.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I love a good controversy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Raidersfan
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raidersfan »

We've probably all done what Ennis did, seeking attention / reaction.

People like Ennis however live of this sort of stuff. They feed off the reaction of others. If you ignore them they cant operate as effectively. The attention that he has received this week keeps him in the news and his ego is satisfied. We are are part of the problem.
I don't post facts
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Let it go.. **** sake