SFS
Olympic Stadium
Penrith
Olympic Park
Steelers
Old Lang Park
Seiffert
North Sydney Oval
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: Best/worst stadium to watch footy

Post by reptar »

Oh yeah, throw Newcastle in before Steelers
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Best/worst stadium to watch footy

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Homebush
Moore Park
Leichardt
Campbelltown
Bruce
Panthers
Newcastle
Parramatta (Old)
Parramatta (New)
Wollongong

Parramatta New would be the best, purely because it’s newest. Bruce would be next, then Penrith. I have a soft spot for any ground with a hill.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote: August 27, 2019, 8:02 pm Lang Park
Robina
Bruce
SFS
Olympic Stadium
Penrith
Olympic Park
Steelers
Old Lang Park
Seiffert
North Sydney Oval
The view from the SFS isn't so good at the moment.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
Robina
Bruce
SFS
Olympic Stadium
Penrith
Olympic Park
Steelers
Old Lang Park
Seiffert
North Sydney Oval
Won't be for a while if Disney/Marvel get their way

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: August 27, 2019, 9:10 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Robina
Bruce
SFS
Olympic Stadium
Penrith
Olympic Park
Steelers
Old Lang Park
Seiffert
North Sydney Oval
Won't be for a while if Disney/Marvel get their way

What are they doing?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Stadium build 'could disrupt Marvel film'

Fox Studios Australia has warned the Sydney Football Stadium redevelopment could have "significant economic consequences" for the film industry and disrupt the production of a major Marvel film.

Fox wrote to the planning department about the construction stage in July not long before it was revealed Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the next Thor blockbuster - starring Chris Hemsworth - would be filmed at the Moore Park studios.

Read more: https://au.news.yahoo.com/stadium-build ... --spt.html

Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

You just have to LOL @ stadiums which dont even have seats.... just a hill, take Brookie for example.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: August 27, 2019, 10:00 pm Stadium build 'could disrupt Marvel film'

Fox Studios Australia has warned the Sydney Football Stadium redevelopment could have "significant economic consequences" for the film industry and disrupt the production of a major Marvel film.

Fox wrote to the planning department about the construction stage in July not long before it was revealed Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the next Thor blockbuster - starring Chris Hemsworth - would be filmed at the Moore Park studios.

Read more: https://au.news.yahoo.com/stadium-build ... --spt.html

Bit of bad luck if a film studio in the middle of city and entertainment complex can't deal with noise.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Lucky wrote:You just have to LOL @ stadiums which dont even have seats.... just a hill, take Brookie for example.
Oh yeah, I've been there too. Under Wollongong.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Ok, so here would be my list from best to worst rugby league stadiums from the ones I've attended:

Lang Park (the best of the best, facilities and viewing experience are world class, location and public transport is very good)
AAMI Park (very well designed miniature version of Lang Park. I was there again a few days ago and the atmosphere and facilities are all very good)
Robina Stadium (AAMI Park's older, yet poorer brother. Also has the same atmosphere as my toilet)
The SFS (this stadium was designed for rugby league. Such a shame they decided to switch so many major games to Stadium Australia)
Canberra Stadium (obviously has a soft spot for me, easy to get to on the buses to, with the exception of finals games)
Wollongong (I could interchange this one with either of the next two, leagues club next to the stadium, very picturesque, not an awful viewing experience)
Penrith Stadium (one of the better suburban grounds, great leagues club, short walking distance from the ground)
Shark Park (similar to Penrith, I actually enjoy the clubhouse being adjacent to the field, I've never seen the Raiders lose here either, which helps)
Dairy Farmers Stadium (I like going here, but the viewing and facilities are bad. Transport to and from the ground sucks too)
Campbelltown (it was ok for a suburban ground, not much to complain about, good leagues club nearby)
Eden Park, New Zealand (went there for the Nines with Fergus. Nice stadium, a bit too far back from the action though, and transport takes a while from the city)
MCG (gets points for atmosphere, I've only ever been there for sell-out origins, but a horrible place to watch a game of rugby league, so far back from the game)
ANZ Stadium, Brisbane (the stadium the Broncos played out of while Lang Park was redeveloped, not sure what it's called now. Awful venue with a running track around the field)
Stadium Australia (just burn it to the ground already, from the viewing experience to the public transport, there's nothing good about this ground)

Can't wait to go to Bankwest one day, sounds very similar to AAMI Park, probably even more modern.
Last edited by The Nickman on August 28, 2019, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: August 28, 2019, 10:40 am
Mt Smart Stadium (is that where we went for the Nines, Fergus? Nice stadium, a bit too far back from the action though, and transport takes a while from the city)
No, that was Eden Park, which has first class facilities. It was, as I understand it, a cricket ground, but rugby union has all the money in driving the redevelopment. So it is a very narrow cricket “oval”. And not quite rectangular enough for rugby union or league. My Smart is way out, seems to be in the middle of an industrial park. Poorer transport than Eden Park by a long way. It’s a pretty dodgy venue these days, very old. Built for a Commonwealth Games back in 19 something.

Correction... built 1967 and used for 1990 Commonwealth Games: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Smart_Stadium
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Ah righto, I thought I had it wrong. Updated my original post
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Just on Brookvale. The amenities and facilities are a disgrace. It’s a nightmare to get to and from from pretty much anywhere and the parking is beyond a joke.

But the viewing experience from the hill when there’s a decent crowd is the best you’ll get for a general admission ticket imo. Well same goes for Leichardt in pretty much all of the aspects of it too.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Took me 50mins to get out of the cit carpark the other day.. what's doing...

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Haven't been to all that many stadiums but when I went to Lang Park for the first time I remember thinking "now this is what you call a real football stadium."

Only had Bruce, Homebush, SFS and Brookvale to compare with at that point (as far as rugby league games go) but the viewing and the atmosphere was just so much better than what I'd previously experienced. Very easy to get in and out too which is a plus. Keen to get out to the new one in Parramatta.
beetlejuice
David Furner
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by beetlejuice »

beetlejuice wrote: January 20, 2016, 8:32 am Brookevale hands down is the worst. Its clearly not upto NRL standard anymore (it isnt even upto A-league standard).

In terms of the best, i have a Bias towards Central Coast stadium, but Canberra havent played there for close to 11 years.

I say the SFS. Its a great Rugby league venue that is underused in my opnion.
in terms of worst, my views have not changed. Brookevale is a dump, but you can add Shark Park to the **** list. it's a **** nightmare to get to, the fans are **** and the ground itself is horrible. at least brookevale has a decent hill, Shark Park doesnt even have that.

Best is still the Central Coast stadium and i got to see canberra lose there for the 6th straight time last year. Im hoping whatever they replace the SFS with is as good as it was.
Love the Raiders, Hate The NRL.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

-TW- wrote: August 28, 2019, 11:35 am Took me 50mins to get out of the cit carpark the other day.. what's doing...

Sounds to me they were watching Greenhouse Live and not concentrating on the traffic!!
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

I was surprised to see Elland Road mentioned earlier in the thread.

It looks OK, but it's really a crumbling wreck, with no room, few facilities and in a dreadful area of Leeds without transport links.

Across the other side of town, Headingley is a wonderful stadium, now.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Darwin for occasional games.

Shark Park for regular games, although never been to Brookie.