All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: Ask the Raiders

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:
Dusty wrote: February 24, 2018, 2:17 pm G'day Ben,
Will the Raiders be doing an open training session or a meet and greet for fans on the Central Coast when we play the Rabbitohs at Gosford on April 21 ???

Thanks
Yeah, I'm heading to this, wife in tow. If the boys are in town early they get a visit from PJ...
I'll be OS

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hi Ben,

Could you please let me know EDIT? I'd like to make sure my family are all present.

Kind regards,
Nickman
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Nah should definitely leave dragging the stone of shame.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

And cost of tickets please as i would like to attend this event also.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Didn’t know where else to ask this. Heading down to Raiders vs Eels game in April. Mates bringing their 2 yr old and 6mth old. Do they get in for free? Couldn’t see a spot for them on the Ticketek website.

You can tell I’m not a parent. Never bought kids tickets!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Pretty sure they get in for free... but there are probably other posters who can confirm.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Didn’t know where else to ask this. Heading down to Raiders vs Eels game in April. Mates bringing their 2 yr old and 6mth old. Do they get in for free? Couldn’t see a spot for them on the Ticketek website.

I’ve got young kids and you couldn’t pay me to take them to the footy. My advice would be to tell them if at all possible to leave the kids at home!
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

RTW wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Didn’t know where else to ask this. Heading down to Raiders vs Eels game in April. Mates bringing their 2 yr old and 6mth old. Do they get in for free? Couldn’t see a spot for them on the Ticketek website.

I’ve got young kids and you couldn’t pay me to take them to the footy. My advice would be to tell them if at all possible to leave the kids at home!
The 2 year old has been to a few games, so he’s right. It’s the 6 month olds first game. Can’t really leave them at the hotel.. I did suggest leaving them to get dinner ready for us when we got back
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 21, 2018, 7:01 pm
RTW wrote:

The 2 year old has been to a few games, so he’s right. It’s the 6 month olds first game. Can’t really leave them at the hotel.. I did suggest leaving them to get dinner ready for us when we got back
My kids both attended their first game in their first 6 months, they should be free at all grounds until they turn 4.

My suggestion is to be smart about where you sit, I usually try to go away from the congestion, as when they are young they can get a bit frightened of the cheering, but also if they have a cry it doesn't upset everyone around you. But be prepared, you will definitely miss some of the game with nappys or crying etc, be prepared and its not so bad!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

If they dont need a seat they are free

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Coastalraider wrote: March 22, 2018, 10:02 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 21, 2018, 7:01 pm
RTW wrote:

My kids both attended their first game in their first 6 months, they should be free at all grounds until they turn 4.

My suggestion is to be smart about where you sit, I usually try to go away from the congestion, as when they are young they can get a bit frightened of the cheering, but also if they have a cry it doesn't upset everyone around you. But be prepared, you will definitely miss some of the game with nappys or crying etc, be prepared and its not so bad!
With some of our defence last week, I think it was me who was crying like a baby!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hello Don, hope you're well.

When are we sacking the coach ?

We deserve better.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Hey Don, how do you think you've done this past 10 years.

You'e broken all sorts of records under your tenure.
WorkChoice
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Ben,

Who would have slotted into Halfback in the Bulldogs game if we had an attacking set of 6 after Sezer got subbed off?

My money is on Soliola. That beast can play anywhere

Nickman's love of NSW
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I believe we still had Stuart on the bench Fui. I hear he’s played in the halves before too.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Ben,

Who governs the RRP of merchandise? is it the club, the shop or the manufacturer?

Cheers
I found a moon rock in my nose....
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Ben,
With the RSPCA pet membership deal the Raiders are doing, is there any chance there will be a pet friendly GA section?

Mack and Cheese would love to go and watch a game live

Hi Ben,

I too would like to bring my dog 'Jenson' to a game.

He's a schnauzer and a good boy. Hope this helps.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

Hi Ben,
Firstly thanks for changing the run on song back to our club song, greatly appreciated!
If you read this forum (which I hope you do) you will see that a lot of fans have some questions we don’t feel are getting answered, what are the chances of having a fan/member forum where Ricky, Don and Jarrod can answer some of these directly?
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Velda wrote:Hi Ben,
Firstly thanks for changing the run on song back to our club song, greatly appreciated!
If you read this forum (which I hope you do) you will see that a lot of fans have some questions we don’t feel are getting answered, what are the chances of having a fan/member forum where Ricky, Don and Jarrod can answer some of these directly?
about 0 I'd say. Remember the Bulldogs and Eels games were shoving it in our faces? That's what they think of us.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Velda
Ken Nagas

Post by Velda »

I don’t think that’s fair Reptar, I think the Club does a great job of recognising it’s members and Ricky is very committed to fan engagement and we can’t judge him on one (very bad) comment made straight after a game. But these are the warm and fuzzy things I would like to see them be held more accountable in regards to the decisions that impact the on field performance which at the end of the day is the most important thing.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

It’s been asked before, the club has no intention of doing a fan forum with fans asking questions of coaches, players or management.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Velda wrote:I don’t think that’s fair Reptar, I think the Club does a great job of recognising it’s members and Ricky is very committed to fan engagement and we can’t judge him on one (very bad) comment made straight after a game. But these are the warm and fuzzy things I would like to see them be held more accountable in regards to the decisions that impact the on field performance which at the end of the day is the most important thing.
Sorry, i agree they're doing a good job of community relations, however as I live in Brisbane i rarely get to see any of that. I'd love for the Queanbeyan Leagues club to be held accountable for something other than its property portfolio. I'll be waiting a long time for another 1994! I was still in school then!!!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Velda
Ken Nagas

Post by Velda »

It was interesting in yesterday’s game they mentioned that Souths were playing in Gosford because 10% of their membership were based there. Would be interesting to know how geographically disperse ours is and wouldn’t be hard for the club (or whoever manages the membership) to put together.
Velda
Ken Nagas

Post by Velda »

Maybe rather than a forum, a panel of 3 articulate, knowledgeable fans to pose questions on a Facebook live video or similar platform.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Velda wrote:Maybe rather than a forum, a panel of 3 articulate, knowledgeable fans to pose questions on a Facebook live video or similar platform.
I nominate Bay, Lucy and NEEDMEMBERSCODE

Nickman's love of NSW
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Velda wrote:Maybe rather than a forum, a panel of 3 articulate, knowledgeable fans to pose questions on a Facebook live video or similar platform.
I nominate Bay, Lucy and NEEDMEMBERSCODE
What an absolute froth-fest. A tsunami of vitriol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Velda wrote: April 22, 2018, 8:02 am Maybe rather than a forum, a panel of 3 articulate, knowledgeable fans to pose questions on a Facebook live video or similar platform.
Bit of a stretch trying to find 3
Whitty
David Shillington

Post by Whitty »

Anyone know when the raiders train during the week and where? I'm in Canberra for the week and wouldn't mind going to a training run and having a look, maybe showing a few of them how to tackle. And kick. Probably do a few passing drills as well. But mostly tackling.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

At HQ? Where they have for the last like 15 years
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Who are we looking at to replace Stuart?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: April 22, 2018, 7:38 pm At HQ? Where they have for the last like 15 years
Now now Tim..be nice.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Campo is from Queanbeyan...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: April 22, 2018, 7:57 pm Campo is from Queanbeyan...
And Shazza is from Sunnyvale.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Whitty wrote:Anyone know when the raiders train during the week and where? I'm in Canberra for the week and wouldn't mind going to a training run and having a look, maybe showing a few of them how to tackle. And kick. Probably do a few passing drills as well. But mostly tackling.
If you’re a Raiders member, send the club an email at membership@raiders.com.au and the good people there will look after you I’m sure.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote: April 22, 2018, 7:38 pm At HQ? Where they have for the last like 15 years
Now now Tim..be nice.
I don't do nice