Homesick Canberra Raiders youngster Anthony Milford eyes Brisbane Broncos move

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Re: Milford returns to Canberra for 2014 preseason training

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:You'd have to assume that McCrone will be working pretty heavily on his defence in the off-season if he's making the fulltime switch to number 9.

Although he shouldn't be Robinson Crusoe there.
He hasn't been able to fix the other flaws in his game in many off seasons not sure why people think he can fix his hooker issues in one
Because he's getting proper nutritional advice now!
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The Nickman wrote:Just need Rod to x3 and you've got the whole gang together again.
:lol:
"The Gang" will never separate until he puts in performances worthy of something which resembles NRL standard. I'll even take NSW cup standard from him at this point in time.

He single handedly cost us any chance of winning games last year, he almost cost us the Storm game at Melbourne, throwing a forward pass from dummy half 40 out from our own line with just over a minute to go.

Until his execution improves dramatically next year, he should hang the boots up and stick a pair of pliers in the back pocket of his King Gees.
WorkChoice
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:
:lol::lol::lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

LP Raider wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Just need Rod to x3 and you've got the whole gang together again.
"The Gang" will never separate until he puts in performances worthy of something which resembles NRL standard. I'll even take NSW cup standard from him at this point in time.

He single handedly cost us any chance of winning games last year, he almost cost us the Storm game at Melbourne, throwing a forward pass from dummy half 40 out from our own line with just over a minute to go.

Until his execution improves dramatically next year, he should hang the boots up and stick a pair of pliers in the back pocket of his King Gees.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

@brisbanebroncos: Which young Bronco do you think will have a 'break out' year in 2014? Make your vote count in our home page poll: http://t.co/izJp6HrQQu

I want to vote Milford
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Seriously, for all of those posters who want Milford gone straight away have rocks in ya head!

We need him, plain and simple. He is here in 2014 so we play him.

He acted like a complete douche bag in his negotiations but the kid is exactly that, a kid.

I can remember doing much dumber things at his age with all the wrong influences, but all in all that doesn't make me a bad person.

If he gives his all in his time left in the green, we should be thankful that we have that cause we need everything we can get to go even close to making the 8 this year
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

no point in cutting of the nose to spite the face. you play your best team for 2014 in 2014. if there was an equally talented player being held back it would be diferent, but theres not even an equally talented player in the team
Dont delete this GE
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Then next year we are blooding a rookie in a spine position and facing uncertainity at the position. An uncertainity we COULD address this year.

basically playing the guy sets us back 12 months in a spine position.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

No point in rational thought Nicko.. It's gets swamped by moronisms..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Nick wrote:Then next year we are blooding a rookie in a spine position and facing uncertainity at the position. An uncertainity we COULD address this year.

basically playing the guy sets us back 12 months in a spine position.
It also gives us 12 months to prepare ahearn with nsw cup or chase someone else if we have to.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

the thing is, im not saying those who are for him playing are stupid.
I get that he's being paid by us, and is easily in our best 17 and there is a theory that thats who should play, i get that. But the idea that this is some kind of crazy "Woah who would even consider this" idea that not playing him is actually the best thing the club can do for our long term prospects is silly.

i dont begrudge anyone who wants to play him, but for me, it's setting us back 12 months in a position we really need to address if we're going to be a premiership force. Id rather spend 12 months finding out if Robinson can improve his game or if Ahearn is ready to make a leap, than spend a year building around a guy we know for certain is not the future.

as ive said, if were genuine title contenders, even at a level like the Sharks or knights, or even Panthers, i could buy into playing milford, but the Raiders winning the 2014 premiership would rank as probably the single most remarkable team sporting achievement of all time. Quite simply, it's not happening, so IMO, we're best spending that time building a team that CAN make that happen... that team doesnt involved Anthony Milford anymore
PrimetimeRaider
Jason Croker

Post by PrimetimeRaider »

Nick wrote:the thing is, im not saying those who are for him playing are stupid.
I get that he's being paid by us, and is easily in our best 17 and there is a theory that thats who should play, i get that. But the idea that this is some kind of crazy "Woah who would even consider this" idea that not playing him is actually the best thing the club can do for our long term prospects is silly.

i dont begrudge anyone who wants to play him, but for me, it's setting us back 12 months in a position we really need to address if we're going to be a premiership force. Id rather spend 12 months finding out if Robinson can improve his game or if Ahearn is ready to make a leap, than spend a year building around a guy we know for certain is not the future.

as ive said, if were genuine title contenders, even at a level like the Sharks or knights, or even Panthers, i could buy into playing milford, but the Raiders winning the 2014 premiership would rank as probably the single most remarkable team sporting achievement of all time. Quite simply, it's not happening, so IMO, we're best spending that time building a team that CAN make that happen... that team doesnt involved Anthony Milford anymore
Agreed.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

Nick wrote:the thing is, im not saying those who are for him playing are stupid.

My thought's exactly... but I'd have Milford on the bench as insurance
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

maybe we can drop him half way into the season? we dont need to stick with a squad the whole year and we can bring ahearn in when hes in form?
Dont delete this GE
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Well i wouldn't be opposed to Milford being in the 17 to bring both Ahearn and Cornish into the team gradually. He doesn't wanna be here long term so we don't need to help him develop any more, but I do think we should play him no matter what.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yeah its probably worth easing Ahearn into the side in much the same way as Milford was last season and then if Ahearn can handle the grade Milford goes onto the bench as part of our prop rotation.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Gerg wrote:Yeah its probably worth easing Ahearn into the side in much the same way as Milford was last season and then if Ahearn can handle the grade Milford goes onto the bench as part of our prop rotation.
la bouchie
Terry Campese

Post by la bouchie »

I'm hearing milf Requires foot clean up surgery.
gnocchi1
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by gnocchi1 »

If that's the case, hopefully we get to see plenty of Jack Ahearn at fullback
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Ricky will obviously want to win every game possible.
You do that by playing your best side. Milford will be the first man he picks every week in 2014.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

la bouchie wrote:I'm hearing milf Requires foot clean up surgery.
Surely it can wait 14 months...
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

We name the top 10 players in the NRL with something to prove for season 2014

ANTHONY MILFORD (Raiders)

IF you've watched this teenage superstar play, you'll have an idea of why Canberra fought tooth and nail to keep Milford from the clutches of Brisbane. With the ability to play in the halves and fullback, Milford was offered the best part of $1 million a season to stay with the Raiders, yet has ultimately signed a three-year Broncos deal from 2015.

This year will throw up a number of difficult scenarios for Milford. Firstly, he will need to dodge the dreaded second-year syndrome and prove himself the genuine article. Secondly, he will be under some pressure to show why on earth a kid with 18 first-grade games under his belt should be showered with cash befitting some of rugby league's proven champions.

Lastly, and most intriguingly for a 19-year-old, Milford's professionalism will be put to the ultimate test this season. Put simply, he doesn't want to be at Canberra, given he aimed to move to Brisbane to be with his ill father and is merely fulfilling his Raiders contract to avoid an ugly legal wrangle or a season on the sidelines. If Milford can put such a major dispute aside to perform to the best of his ability, in an underperforming side with plenty to prove under new coach Ricky Stuart, he will greatly enhance his reputation.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/we-nam ... 6805559969
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

Interesting how the journo has already decided we're underperforming two months out from the season.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

BrisbaneRaider wrote:Interesting how the journo has already decided we're underperforming two months out from the season.
Dunno if I'd prefer this or gus silverfox Gould declaring we are top 4 and jinxing our season.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

We concocted five questions that we thought all Queenslanders should know the answers to and asked Emerging Origin squad members Chambers, Friend, Anthony Milford and Korbin Sims to press their claims.

1. Who is the Premier of Queensland?
Will Chambers: Campbell Newman.
Jake Friend: Newman. I don't know his first name.
Anthony Milford: Kevin Rudd? I don't even know his name.
Korbin Sims: Campbell Newton?

2. When did Dreamworld first open?
WC: 1993.
JF: Probably before my time.
AM: Ages ago.
KS: Well before my time. 1988?

3. How old is Wayne Bennett?
WC: 25? Nah, is there a 60? 62.
JF: A bit over 40 I think.
AM: I honestly don't even know. 58? Something like that?
KS: Stop it... 62. His birthday's the day before mine.

4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world is found in Queensland?
WC: Great Barrier Reef.
JF: Great Barrier Reef.
AM: I've got no clue.
KS: What's it called, it's up there. I've drawn a blank... Great Barrier Reef!

5. When were the Commonwealth Games held in Brisbane?
WC: No idea, I wasn't even alive was I?
JF: No idea, I've got nothing.
AM: 2006?
KS: 1980?

Answers:
1. Campbell Newman
2. 1981
3. 64
4. Great Barrier Reef
5. 1982

http://m.nrl.com/news-display/testing-t ... fuls/75928

:shock: :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I actually checked if that was for real!

Wow , um what else can you say

I know Milford is a footy player but at least 2 of those questions were easy
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I only knew the answers to 1 and 4.

Big whoop, wanna fight about it??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

You couldn't answer 5?
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

How does he not know 4?
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:I only knew the answers to 1 and 4.

Big whoop, wanna fight about it??
5 would be pushing it, but seriously 2006? He thought he was 12 when the commonwealth games were held in his home town?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

It just goes to show, if these blokes weren't lucky enough to be playing football they would be digging ditches.

Good grief that is appalling.

And no surprise Captain Draw Genitals on the Ballet Paper has no idea.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Haterz gonna hate.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley

Post by Captain Punish »

The guy is a ****. No wonder he needs mummy.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I know retirement is a long way off for Milford but collecting shopping trolleys will pay the bills.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Shezza wrote:It just goes to show, if these blokes weren't lucky enough to be playing football they would be digging ditches.

Good grief that is appalling.

And no surprise Captain Draw Genitals on the Ballet Paper has no idea.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: