Homesick Canberra Raiders youngster Anthony Milford eyes Brisbane Broncos move

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Milford returns to Canberra for 2014 preseason training

Post by T_R »

"Although I've acted like a complete knob end for the last 12 months, all of those who have nevertheless failed to completely support me are haters...sorry, haterz.....and deserve to be punched"

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lord Funkington
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia Soliola

Post by Lord Funkington »

Brew wrote:That's a positive post, can't wait for the footy to start so we can stop talking about all this off field crap.

At least the guy looks keen for the season and to play, I'll just enjoy his talents for this year and worry about 2015 later. It seems like his heart is in so good luck to him.
Agree 100%. Cant wait to get into it this year!!
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

dubby wrote:
Nick wrote:Gang related violence? What like 10 mates get together decide to form some wanky "gang", give themselves a tough namein like Epic Bender Crew, create a special hand shake which is more like having intercourse with your hands and decide to "have beef" with the guys down the road who've done the same thing and would have bashed each other regardless?

Oh yeah, Milford is from the mean projects of Inala. I send my apologies to the Anthony Milford. Dude is a straight up KING PIN!

Christ almighty.
No, I'm talking stabbings, shootings and drive-bys.

Inala is a very bad area.
Inala is not a place I would choose to live, but it's nastiness is generally far over-stated (I honestly can't remember the last shooting or 'drive-by' there). It's a poor suburb with an incredible ethnic diversity, which obviously lends itself to delinquency and crime more than other, more harmonious neighbourhoods, but it's hardly a gangland.

Nick has it right -- you'd think Milford had stepped straight off of The Wire by the way he talks.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Tim W wrote:
Vanilla Bear wrote:
Nick wrote:Gang related violence? What like 10 mates get together decide to form some wanky "gang", give themselves a tough namein like Epic Bender Crew, create a special hand shake which is more like having intercourse with your hands and decide to "have beef" with the guys down the road who've done the same thing and would have bashed each other regardless?

Oh yeah, Milford is from the mean projects of Inala. I send my apologies to the Anthony Milford. Dude is a straight up KING PIN!

Christ almighty.
:lol:

This. It's like when Dugan talks about his upbringing in a "rough" neighbourhood - out on the mean streets of Tuggernong :lol:

These brats grew up in one of the luckiest countries in the world, blessed with luxuries kids in other countries wouldnt even dream of. They need to grow the **** up.
I first noticed this with some of my friends probably about 8-10 years ago

It seemed to coincide with the release of GTA San Andreas..

Maybe it's a massive coincidence, but it might have something to do with it
Possibly the greatest game of all time.
Up The Milk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Smurfette wrote:
dubby wrote:

Christ almighty.

Inala is not a place I would choose to live, but it's nastiness is generally far over-stated (I honestly can't remember the last shooting or 'drive-by' there). It's a poor suburb with an incredible ethnic diversity, which obviously lends itself to delinquency and crime more than other, more harmonious neighbourhoods, but it's hardly a gangland.

Nick has it right -- you'd think Milford had stepped straight off of The Wire by the way he talks.
Mate the drive bys aren't a daily event, but the suburb is rife with drug problems, offences against the person. Not every crime makes the media but if suburbs like Mackenzie started having stabbings and race related street fights you'd hear more about it. Sadly that Inala area and Logan are generally regarded as the ugly, violent burbs and people expect that type of behavior. Josh Papalii could tell us a thing or 2 about Woodridge for example.

In Milford's case, he's following a stereotype. This kid reminds me so much of Dugan and Ferguson

I never said it was a gangland either, in the dramatic USA sense you imply. Omcg are a bigger gang problem in QLD
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Sorry, but I kinda feel like the haterZgonnahate comments are directed at us, the ACTUAL fans of the Canberra Raiders, who constantly have to put up with "real eyes realise real lies", "gidday up sooooon" and "haterzcanuppercutheemsleves"

You know what what?? **** off and **** off now. You're not bigger than my club and you never will be you little ****.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

dubby wrote:

Christ almighty.
Milford is as gangsta as me.
Sums it up nicely tbh.

Do me a favour, Anthony.
Bullraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Bullraider »

dubby wrote:

Christ almighty.

These little wouldn't last 10 seconds on the streets of New York.
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

Tim W wrote:
Nick wrote:
gangrenous wrote:I know Nick, was just yanking your chain ;)

And I completely agree with your gangsta hate.
:lol: Consider my chain yanked
It seriously pisses me off, if we formed a club around the idea that anyone that carries on like this on social media is excluded from our team... not sure how talented we'd be but we'd at least have a team fans could respect
Fensom Mccrone and campese

That's about it
would McCrone leave his mouthguard in to tweet ? :D
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

The Nickman wrote:Sorry, but I kinda feel like the haterZgonnahate comments are directed at us, the ACTUAL fans of the Canberra Raiders, who constantly have to put up with "real eyes realise real lies", "gidday up sooooon" and "haterzcanuppercutheemsleves"

You know what what?? **** off and **** off now. You're not bigger than my club and you never will be you little ****.
Couldn't agree more, who advises these people ?

Why not try;

"Tony, stay off twitter, it's pissing off the canberrra fans and you have to play their next year. I'll release a short statement that goes someting like. "I'm looking forward to resuming pre season training with my team mates and ripping in and providing the Canberra raiders and their fans with a successful 2014 #We are Raiders".

I know the players like to keep twitter because they can further their "individual brand" but for most of them it just shows them up as massive douchebags, at least get your manager to proof read them.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

robtheraider wrote:
Tim W wrote:
Nick wrote:
gangrenous wrote:I know Nick, was just yanking your chain ;)

And I completely agree with your gangsta hate.
:lol: Consider my chain yanked
It seriously pisses me off, if we formed a club around the idea that anyone that carries on like this on social media is excluded from our team... not sure how talented we'd be but we'd at least have a team fans could respect
Fensom Mccrone and campese

That's about it
would McCrone leave his mouthguard in to tweet ? :D
:lol: :lol:
tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Post by tubs »

good kid, we would be in real bad shape if he was still not around this year at least.

All the haters out there get over it he wants to play for his childhood club the broncos and be with his family.

Deal with it just take the pop corn out and watch this amazing talent in our jersey while you still can this year.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

billyt wrote:good kid, we would be in real bad shape if he was still not around this year at least.

All the haters out there get over it he wants to play for his childhood club the broncos and be with his family.

Deal with it just take the pop corn out and watch this amazing talent in our jersey while you still can this year.
What's good about him ?
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I don't think that anyone really begrudges him wanting to play for his childhood club and be with his family billyt. They begrudge the fact that he, his family and his manager have carried on like a bunch of douchebags for the past 6 months.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Greenbits wrote:I don't think that anyone really begrudges him wanting to play for his childhood club and be with his family billyt. They begrudge the fact that he, his family and his manager have carried on like a bunch of douchebags for the past 6 months.
This is worth repeating.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Greenbits wrote:I don't think that anyone really begrudges him wanting to play for his childhood club and be with his family billyt. They begrudge the fact that he, his family and his manager have carried on like a bunch of douchebags for the past 6 months.
Exactly. The situation is what it is, but this little might consider trying to carrying himself a bit of class instead of acting like he's some martyr.

Haters won't hate if your not a **** pretending to be Tupac, Anthony.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bullraider wrote:
dubby wrote:

Christ almighty.

These little wouldn't last 10 seconds on the streets of New York.
Not many people do!!
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:Sorry, but I kinda feel like the haterZgonnahate comments are directed at us, the ACTUAL fans of the Canberra Raiders, who constantly have to put up with "real eyes realise real lies", "gidday up sooooon" and "haterzcanuppercutheemsleves"

I agree toastman. This little weasel is constantly having digs at the fans, and it's totally unnecessary. If he didn't want haterz he should've acted with honesty, integrity and courage in the first place.

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

dubby wrote:Milford is as gangsta as me.
Does this happen in the dead of night when you transform into Dub-bra-yo-dude? :D

Sadly we have a generation influenced more by American media than any other. In my day, just because Mr. Ed was on TV didn't mean you went out looking for talking horses.

But Milford sure can play football and that's what I pay to watch.
Fathead
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Kevo

Post by Fathead »

Geez, that post would have fully got me on board for milford 2014 if he didn't do that stupid hashtag.

Milf - you wanna know how to "shut the haterz up"?. Do a bunch of fluffy bs tweets about how your excited to play for the raiders next year. You almost just did it but then u couldn't help yoself. This is same social media crap as fergo. The fire could get put out with a few simple tweets making peace but their too pig headed to show a bit of humility, even if it's completely fake.
robtheraider
David Grant

Post by robtheraider »

Fathead wrote:Geez, that post would have fully got me on board for milford 2014 if he didn't do that stupid hashtag.

Milf - you wanna know how to "shut the haterz up"?. Do a bunch of fluffy bs tweets about how your excited to play for the raiders next year. You almost just did it but then u couldn't help yoself. This is same social media crap as fergo. The fire could get put out with a few simple tweets making peace but their too pig headed to show a bit of humility, even if it's completely fake.
Ahh, sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sincerity? I thought it was money. ;)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

robtheraider wrote:
Fathead wrote:Geez, that post would have fully got me on board for milford 2014 if he didn't do that stupid hashtag.

Ahh, sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.
I hope for his sake he figures some of that stuff out, because a) this is a team game and it's not all about him (no matter how good he is) and b) you're a long time retired if it all turns to custard, so carrying on like a gangster and burning bridges with the 'haterz' (aka the fans of the club you currently play for) is hardly the way an intelligent human would conduct themselves.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Is bigcheese from inala Dubs?
Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Depends on his race

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Is big cheese Swiss?
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

This could get bad :lol:
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Another retweet as it sums up the situation perfectly.

Players have every right to switch clubs. Just do it with a bit of class like Joel Thompson has done.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
tubs
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Milford

Post by tubs »

Northern Raider wrote:

Players have every right to switch clubs. Just do it with a bit of class like Joel Thompson has done.
Likes I said that tweet means nothing really it could be just him talking about a bet he put on a horse all you guys can do is guess what he was trying to say.Most of you guys are just bitter with the way things went down and that he is leaving and will use anything to have a go at the kid.

Like I said before take your popcorn out and and enjoy the ride for the forward coming season while we still have him because he I believe he is the best player to pull on our jersey since Big Mel.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

How was your chrissy/new years billyt?
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I think he has a fair way to go before being considered better than Stuart, Daley, Clyde and Walters billyt
robtheraider
David Grant

Post by robtheraider »

billyt wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:

Likes I said that tweet means nothing really it could be just him talking about a bet he put on a horse all you guys can do is guess what he was trying to say.Most of you guys are just bitter with the way things went down and that he is leaving and will use anything to have a go at the kid.

Like I said before take your popcorn out and and enjoy the ride for the forward coming season while we still have him because he I believe he is the best player to pull on our jersey since Big Mel.
It may be better if you compared him to Mel's brother Mal.....although could still be appropriate as is.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Big Mel??

Seriously, billyt??
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

bonehead wrote:Is bigcheese from inala Dubs?
I grew up on the mean streets of Macquarie.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:Big Mel??

Seriously, billyt??
Get big Mel to help our stars like mcrone, robo, topou and semi