Dugan blasts Raiders over 'harsh' axing

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Dugan blasts Raiders over 'harsh' axing

Post by tommyhud9 »

Honestly what's the go with this guy and being injured? Are we better off without him?
edwahu

Re: Josh Dugan

Post by edwahu »

No.
Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Post by Walt Flanigan »

No I don't think so.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins

Post by tommyhud9 »

I love him as a player and thinks he has so much potential, but is he made of sticks?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

No it appears he is made of flesh mainly.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins

Post by tommyhud9 »

Last edited by tommyhud9 on June 23, 2013, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

His playing time and performance needs to improve if he's going to get the $$ he's on now at the next contract
Please
Gary Belcher

Josh Dugan

Post by Please »

I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. Another injury interrupted season where he doesn't reach full form will be unacceptable, but I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

i'm beginning to form the opinion he's soft. he had a pretty horrible preparation and apparently did a rib cartilage but for **** sake you play through the pain. with 10 to go and still in the game he lets the ball go out that cost us a good 3-4 mins, ****
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

He did play through the pain as he has done many times before

remember the pictures of his shoulder.

I'd like to see him injury free but I cant question his commitment or toughness
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

If it continues through the expiry of his next contract than these questions will definitely be asked. Has not been the same player since 2010.
86 invader
David Grant

Post by 86 invader »

the club needs marquee players and he is definitely in that category... i think if his injuries continue his asking price will go down, not up...

he ran out of steam late in today's game but i thought he really put the effort in and tried hard...
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

no excuses for not collecting that ball and running it back.
pain is something that can only be measured by the person experiencing it, so who's to say how much pain he's actually in.
thats what a shoulder looks like after you've done an AC joint, doesn't mean there's any pain. i know people who've done the same injury and their shoulder still looks like that, pain free.
soft
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Honestly in the last twelve months I have to say the best three performances in the Caberra Raiders' number one jersey have all been by Reece Robinson.

I'd love to get 2010 Duges back.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

His price will drop no doubt, not worth 650k for a busted but I don't doubt his commitment to the Raiders though.
WorkChoice
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Give him a break. Had an abscess cut out of his lip in the lead up, he's on a drip in hospital, and then suffers rib cartilage damage during the game.
Please
Gary Belcher

Josh Dugan

Post by Please »

The Nickman wrote:Honestly in the last twelve months I have to say the best three performances in the Caberra Raiders' number one jersey have all been by Reece Robinson.

It's an unfortunate truth... If he doesn't fire this year, there will be serious questions asked.
Please
Gary Belcher

Josh Dugan

Post by Please »

greeneyed wrote:Give him a break. Had an abscess cut out of his lip in the lead up, he's on a drip in hospital, and then suffers rib cartilage damage during the game.
How many breaks do we give to one of our best players? Injuries or not, he is getting paid to perform. Right now he's not performing.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The Nickman wrote:Honestly in the last twelve months I have to say the best three performances in the Caberra Raiders' number one jersey have all been by Reece Robinson.

i have to agree Reece is much better value for money and has proven he is a match winner.
WorkChoice
Swiller
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Josh Papali

Post by Swiller »

When fit is a great defender and runner of the ball,
lacks ball playing ability that a fullback needs at this stage.
With all the injuries is he worth the money being paid to him....NO end of story.

Im so sick of a team full of broken down players, all im asking for is one season
where we can maintain a relatively injury free season ****. If you are injury prone
then your gone cause you are of no use to the team and sorry to say Duges is
just one of these type of players.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

No one is more frustrated by his injury curse than Josh himself, I would imagine.

At least we have Reece in reserve.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Give him a break. Had an abscess cut out of his lip in the lead up, he's on a drip in hospital, and then suffers rib cartilage damage during the game.
Hey, I love Duges, I just think in the last twelve months he's been our second best fullback.

We all know potentially how brilliant a player he can be, and I really, really want him to return to that form, but facts are facts. Rewatch some of Reece's games as fullback last year and tell me if you disagree...
Mitcho
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Josh Dugan

Post by Mitcho »

The Nickman wrote:
Hey, I love Duges, I just think in the last twelve months he's been our second best fullback.

We all know potentially how brilliant a player he can be, and I really, really want him to return to that form, but facts are facts. Rewatch some of Reece's games as fullback last year and tell me if you disagree...
I just think given his lead-up, we may have made the wrong call yet again to rush him back early...
TATAS - The Alan Tongue Appreciation Society. Campaigning for a Canberra Stadium statue since 2000.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Mitcho wrote:
The Nickman wrote:

I just think given his lead-up, we may have made the wrong call yet again to rush him back early...
I'm not sure about that. I think a rib cartilige injury is quite unrelated to an infected lip.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Josh Dugan

Post by CJ42 »

Get up him for something out his control. Come off it.
Damoni
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Too Easy

Josh Dugan

Post by Damoni »

Big year for Duges he really needs to start justifying the price tag and that means we need him on the park.

I'd be inclined to start playing Milford at FB in the 20's as he might prove to be the successor.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Robinson can do a as good a job if not better at half the price. Duges is one of the most talented juniors we have ever produced, he just seems to be 'one of those guys that get injured'. We all saw what he can do in 2010. Im hoping he stays on the park this year but if the injuries are too continue a tough decision will need to be made, and as I said we have Robbo who can do just as good a job for less money, Duges just has that X-Factor though...
In Ricky We Trust
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

CJ42 wrote:Get up him for something out his control. Come off it.

letting that segeyaro kick go out when he could have run it back was definitely in his control
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

CJ42 wrote:Get up him for something out his control. Come off it.
It's not even really the injuries that bug me, it's just that he really doesn't seem to have that X-factor that he used to have a few years back.

I really, really, REALLY hope he gets it back though!

EDIT: Wow, what are the odds of Brew and myself both using the term "X-Factor" within a few posts??
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Josh Dugan

Post by Captain Punish »

I have no more to add than what has already been added and what has been added I both agree and disagree with.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Traider84
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Traider84 »

bleedgreen99 wrote:no excuses for not collecting that ball and running it back.
pain is something that can only be measured by the person experiencing it, so who's to say how much pain he's actually in.
thats what a shoulder looks like after you've done an AC joint, doesn't mean there's any pain. i know people who've done the same injury and their shoulder still looks like that, pain free.
soft
Perhaps if he gets on his computer and calls everyone soft he'll be a tough guy like you...
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

Traider84 wrote:
bleedgreen99 wrote:no excuses for not collecting that ball and running it back.
soft
Perhaps if he gets on his computer and calls everyone soft he'll be a tough guy like you...

haha. thanks for the compliment but i'm actually not that tough
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

This crud isn't worth reading. You're all such hard men.
craigo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Post by craigo »

I think he is not tough enough for rugby league not sure if that makes you soft or not, I think our money would of been better spent letting him go putting reece at fullback and throwing some coin at a decent hooker would of been better value for money, but in saying that theres not much we can do about it now so ill support duges for now and give him the benefit of doubt but if he dosent perform in the next few games he should be the highest paid n.s.w. cup player imo. He hasnt played well for some time now.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

He's mentally tough to keep playing through minor injuries... but the problem is, at the moment, he might not be physically tough enough since he's always picking up injuries..

When he starts completing seasons without any injuries, that's when we'll see that he's worth the money that he's on - I have no doubt about that. What I have doubt in, is when we'll actually see that
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year