Dugan blasts Raiders over 'harsh' axing

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: Josh Dugan sacked by Canberra Raiders

Post by cat »

Seiffert82 wrote:Desperate words from a desperate coach Cat. If he tries to be Dugan's mate it'll eventually bite him in the ****.

Nothing worse than trying to contrive a personal connection to motivate somebody like that.
maybe I am just a bit protective where I live too, I'm not from Canberra and have never lived there, but what I understand Tuggerong is more "westie" then Revesby which is just a lovely little place.

Don't like being compared to the likes of Dugan, and as you said if Price is trying to be "mates" with Dugan it will not work, the guy needs structure and rules not someone telling him how great he is
Vaccinated
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Tuggers probably isnt that bad, theres a few **** suburbs out there cause its a fairly old area, theres some good ones too.
but us north siders like to say tuggers is a hole! :lol:
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

CJ42 wrote:Tuggers probably isnt that bad, theres a few **** suburbs out there cause its a fairly old area, theres some good ones too.

I get the impression Dugan isn't from one of the good ones :P
Vaccinated
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

cat wrote:
CJ42 wrote:Tuggers probably isnt that bad, theres a few **** suburbs out there cause its a fairly old area, theres some good ones too.

I get the impression Dugan isn't from one of the good ones :P
The more I thought about it, the majority of tuggers is pretty crap, bar a few nice suburbs/parts of suburbs. :lol:
theres a few really bad areas the rest is kinda par for the course.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The idea that Canberra is more "westie" than anywhere in Sydney is amusing... even the poorest areas of Canberra look like luxury compared to western Sydney! Sorry to the westies!
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:The idea that Canberra is more "westie" than anywhere in Sydney is amusing... even the poorest areas of Canberra look like luxury compared to western Sydney! Sorry to the westies!
ok, westie was a bad choice, maybe I get the impression tuggerong is "rougher" then Revesby?

or maybe I love where I live too much to think there are a lot of "dugans" around here :P :P
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tuggeranong isn't that "rough". No where in Canberra is that "rough"! Sure, there are some public housing areas etc, but Canberra is one of the wealthiest cities in the country.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

greeneyed wrote:Tuggeranong isn't that "rough". No where in Canberra is that "rough"! Sure, there are some public housing areas etc, but Canberra is one of the wealthiest cities in the country.
yeah this, I think the roughest bunches of kids come from some of the older areas and housing areas, those kids all stick together etc...
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

CJ42 wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Tuggeranong isn't that "rough". No where in Canberra is that "rough"! Sure, there are some public housing areas etc, but Canberra is one of the wealthiest cities in the country.
yeah this, I think the roughest bunches of kids come from some of the older areas and housing areas, those kids all stick together etc...

thankyou for your support CJ42 :)
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

cat, not making any comment about Reevsby. I really don't know much about it. I'm just saying no where in Canberra is really that rough compared to some places I've been in Sydney.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, I'd hardly call Tuggeranong a rough place to live. :lol:

The problem with Tuggers is that the City, the two main Uni's, our sports stadiums, wineries and all the decent pubs are on the Northside ;)
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

I've lived in Canberra and I've lived in south west Sydney. South west Sydney is more working class lets just put it like that.
Danped
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Josh Dugan sacked by Canberra Raiders

Post by Danped »

I don't want to open up a sore assed wound but, I wish duges was still with us and I dread the day he runs out in red white, just won't suit him. I hope he don't come out against us and rip us.
-LG-
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by -LG- »

Meh, I'm really not fussed at this point. I'd rather someone like Robinson who puts in 100% all of the time. Sure he's not quite as good defensively, and his kick returns can be a little casual, but he's also more than half price and a better attacking player.

Dugan was just too inconsistent. Not to mention injury prone. Value for money on him was very low, and I don't expect that to change. He'll probably look red hot for half of season but return to his usual disinterested/injury prone self soon enough.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Josh Dugan to find himself at family club if he signs with St George Illawarra

RUGBY league bad boy Josh Dugan has been tipped to revive his representative career at St George Illawarra - and it's all thanks to a group including Lila Weyman, Starr Cooper and little Levi Fien.

Despite boasting an extensive rap sheet of drinking, fighting and tweeting, Dragons players insist Dugan's wild past will be "transformed" should he sign with a family club boasting no less than 12 dads and 20 kids.

"There's no point coming to St George Illawarra for a party because we don't go out that often," laughs Dragons fullback Jason Nightingale. "Of our starting side alone, 10 guys have children so there's a real family atmosphere around the place.

"I think the culture we've created at this club will be great for Josh Dugan - understanding there's a strong bond among the players, but it's not all about partying.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6635177211
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Danped wrote:I don't want to open up a sore assed wound but, I wish duges was still with us and I dread the day he runs out in red white, just won't suit him. I hope he don't come out against us and rip us.
Dugan walked out on the club. He probably will cost us dearly at some point in the future, but he didn't want to be with the Raiders anymore, never showed much attachment to the club frankly, so best he's gone.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Sorry Nightingale, I don't think Dugan's issues are about partying with the players. It's more about acting like a complete ****.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

The way I see it I miss some of Dugan attributes. Especially his kick returns but he didn't want to be here so what can you do. It will all be for the best in the end.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

Piss weak ,injury prone ,cruiser drinking pea heart, nothing to see here.

Counting the days till he plays at Bruce.

Any ideas for banners to insult him ?
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

christoraider wrote:Piss weak ,injury prone ,cruiser drinking pea heart, nothing to see here.

Counting the days till he plays at Bruce.

Any ideas for banners to insult him ?
#Softserve
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Josh Dugan to find himself at family club if he signs with St George Illawarra
"Of our starting side alone, 10 guys have children so there's a real family atmosphere around the place.
Like the looming prospect of kids has "changed" dugan....
xtr-33m
Brett Mullins

Post by xtr-33m »

I was actually more upset when we signed him for $650k than letting him go....

I still maintain that I haven't seen him do anything that warrants him demanding that sort of money.

The Canberra Raiders look like a much better team with Reece Robinson than Josh Dugan in attitude, competitiveness and most important image - Reece Robinson is the type of player we want to attract to Canberra with his work ethic and grounded attitude - 17 Reece Robinsons would win a comp where 17 Josh Dugans would not make the 8....
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

wasn't one of the problems in Canberra was he didn't hang out with the team, spent too much time boozing with his "mates".
And we had players who he could relate to (same age, no kids etc)

Noone like dugan in the team for him to play with makes me think he will find a group of common young people in Wollongong and hang out with them.

The thing with carney is he always spends most of his time with players (gets in trouble with them but is with his team mates)

Dugan never wants to be with his team mates so the club will have a harder time monitoring and controlling what he does IMO
Vaccinated
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Barba should introduce him to the epic bender crew.
Danped
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by Danped »

greeneyed wrote:
Danped wrote:I don't want to open up a sore assed wound but, I wish duges was still with us and I dread the day he runs out in red white, just won't suit him. I hope he don't come out against us and rip us.
Dugan walked out on the club. He probably will cost us dearly at some point in the future, but he didn't want to be with the Raiders anymore, never showed much attachment to the club frankly, so best he's gone.
True, all of that. Once again I shouldn't be allowed near my iPad after numerous scotches.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Greenbits wrote:Barba should introduce him to the epic bender crew.
He should introduce me to them while he's there
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Dugan did us a massive favour walking out on the club, as has been mentioned his form didn't warrant the 650k.

RR may look casual running the ball back, but thats his style and he's actually looking for holes in the chase line and I don't see the point trying to struggle in a tackle getting an extra metre when he gets us a quick play the ball anyway.

Robinson is so much better in so many ways that I'll never lose any sleep with Dugan going to the Dragons.
WorkChoice
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

cat wrote:wasn't one of the problems in Canberra was he didn't hang out with the team, spent too much time boozing with his "mates".
And we had players who he could relate to (same age, no kids etc)

Noone like dugan in the team for him to play with makes me think he will find a group of common young people in Wollongong and hang out with them.

The thing with carney is he always spends most of his time with players (gets in trouble with them but is with his team mates)

Dugan never wants to be with his team mates so the club will have a harder time monitoring and controlling what he does IMO
Yea he'll probably become besties with Michael and Rodman
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:
Greenbits wrote:Barba should introduce him to the epic bender crew.
He should introduce me to them while he's there
I thought that you were president, treasurer and secretary
freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

Robinson has not hit his full potenail yet.

I believe that over the next few months Reece will come out of his shell and go to another level.

As Campo gets fit and finds form Robinson and the rest of the side will lift a gear or 3.
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
mattystorm1987
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: tohu harris, sisa waqa

Post by mattystorm1987 »

apparently dugan will be at tonight's game to announce his singing..
Broncos 2014 wooden spooners
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Who cares
Guy Incognito
Jason Croker

Post by Guy Incognito »

mattystorm1987 wrote:apparently dugan will be at tonight's game to announce his singing..
Which song? :P
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga

Guy Incognito wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:apparently dugan will be at tonight's game to announce his singing..
Which song? :P
He'll sing along to the Ice cream truck music