All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Raiders launch 100-4-100 for 2013 season

Post by -GD- »

Raiders launch 100-4-100 for 2013 season

The Canberra Raiders have ramped up their 2013 membership drive, with the launch of their 100-4-100 membership campaign for the 2013 season.

The program is in its second year after a highly successful campaign in 2012, where the Raiders provided over 120 unique opportunities for their members.

Today’s launch involved Raiders members Graeme Keed #3240 and Robert Pillifeant #3242 as they became Raiders for a day, spending the day with an exclusive inside look at training at Raiders HQ.

The pair joined the weights groups this morning to observe Strength Coach Leigh Woodbridge put the team through its paces and then attended the afternoon session on the field with the team as they went through their field session.

In-between they joined Raiders props Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Dane Tilse for a bite to eat at local restaurant Café Momo and had the chance to talk tactics with Raiders stars Josh McCrone and Joel Thompson earlier in the day.

They were also presented with a full 2013 training kit, becoming the first supporters to have the chance to wear the new training shirts, shorts and caps.

Mr Keed said he was privileged to have been given the opportunity to see what happened in the running of an NRL team and said he was surprised at the toughness of the training sessions.

“This has been a great insight into the team and I’ve absolutely loved every minute of it,” Mr Keed said. “To get the chance to see the team in action is amazing and I’ve learnt so much in just a few short hours.

“I played footy over 40 years ago and its nothing like what it was in the old days, the amount of work these guys are doing is quite incredible and I’m sure it will pay off next season.”

Mr Pillifeant has been a long time member of the Raiders and said he’d never had the chance to experience something like this before, and was a huge supporter of the 100-4-100 concept.

“I’m blown away,” Mr Pillifeant said. “The size of these guys up close is truly something you can’t understand until you see it in person.

“I followed the 100-4-100 campaign last year and was a proud member to see what the club provides their fans and I’m even prouder after being a part of it.”

Raiders forward Joel Thompson said giving members a chance to be a part of the team through 100-4-100 was a great way to interact with the loyalist of supporters.

“I was involved in a few of these events last year and every time the members had huge smiles on their faces,” Thompson said. “Bob and Graeme have been great today and we’ve enjoyed having them here with us.”

The Raiders are asking their members to send in their own ideas for 100-4-100 in the 2013 season.

If you are a Raiders member or know a Raiders member who could benefit from the campaign, simply send an email to reception@raiders.com.au with your idea.

Raiders media release