2013 Memberships - Become a Canberra Raiders member today!

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2013 Memberships

Post by gerg »

I'll be furious if my membership package is "scrunched".
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Where is Bay when you need him?
K Man
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Alan Tongue

Post by K Man »

I actually think that this years pack is good. The hat is far better quality than last year and the scarf is awesome. The pin and keyring are useless but overall, I am very happy. :thumbsup
Go the mighty GREEN MACHINE.

RAIDERS FOR PM :)
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

The hat looks like an afterthought. Don suddenly realised he forgot to order the hats and went to one of those places you see in malls were you can custom make hats, and ordered a few hundred for the members.
fistinz
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by fistinz »

ugh... so is anyone else who ordered early still waiting for their membership pack to arrive?

- or is it just me (just like last year...)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have mine.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

After 10-odd years of season memberships, the Bear family have fallen on hard times and will only be shelling out for a pair of 3-game memberships :(
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Bipolar Bear wrote:After 10-odd years of season memberships, the Bear family have fallen on hard times and will only be shelling out for a pair of 3-game memberships :(
This is where a pay off scheme would help out , especially for those who have been loyal for so long
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Before the bearcub-ette joined the scene, we got to at least 9 home games. This year we only did 3, and I'm relocating to the north shore, it's going to be a lot less convenient to get the Canberra from now on. This year I didn't mind, I was trying to keep my season membership card collection intact, but $$$ won out in the end.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Canberra has a North Shore? :D

Its a bit different if you are moving away , but a scheme where you can pay off the membership could be looked into. Im sure I read of another club doing it.
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

Renewed membership on November 15 ,I have been a member since 2000 .I have 2 seats in bay 55 that I have had since day one ,this year I asked if I could get a third ticket for a mate because no one sits next to us most games ,no sorry can't do it .Fair enough.

Get phone call last week from raiders HQ asking me if I am going to renew for 2013 as they want to give my seats to someone else?????? Errr I renewed over a month ago on the day you asked current members to do so ,I want to get another ticket ,talked a mate into getting on board, been a member for 12 years,you guys need to pull your fingers out.

Very poor form management and where is my 2013 members pack ?

This isn't the first time they stuffed up either :thumbsdown
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I get the feeling from passed and shared experiences that Basil Fawlty runs the Raiders Membership team. Actually - it could well be Frank Spencer.
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

Also signed up before the deadline to get my pack for Christmas. Still waiting and had nothing to open Chrissy morning. Seems I'm not the only one.......

I'm still waiting. It would appear Don is making the walk from Canberra to hand deliver it to me in Syndey! Very poor form and will be writing to the club with my feedback when they're back in the office.
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
David
Ken Nagas

Post by David »

Kermit wrote:Also signed up before the deadline to get my pack for Christmas. Still waiting and had nothing to open Chrissy morning. Seems I'm not the only one.......

I'm still waiting. It would appear Don is making the walk from Canberra to hand deliver it to me in Syndey! Very poor form and will be writing to the club with my feedback when they're back in the office.
Same here.

Although I did get an email saying it had been posted just before Christmas. Was this a 'get out of jail' card and we'll now see some courier company blamed??? Maybe the Chinese hat company that stuffed things up last year own the courier company and will be blamed for everything again!! :roflmao

Why is it so hard for this club to look after its supporters? :rant
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

This might sound stupid but why cant the club have their packs ready by when they put memberships on sale?
fistinz
Gary Coyne

Post by fistinz »

David wrote:
Kermit wrote:Also signed up before the deadline to get my pack for Christmas. Still waiting and had nothing to open Chrissy morning. Seems I'm not the only one.......

Same here.

Although I did get an email saying it had been posted just before Christmas. Was this a 'get out of jail' card and we'll now see some courier company blamed??? Maybe the Chinese hat company that stuffed things up last year own the courier company and will be blamed for everything again!! :roflmao

Ooh, ooh - can I join your club too? I'm still waiting also and it's 3 years in a row now that I've had to wait until the new year for the pack to turn up after re-signing during the first week that the memberships are available. Last year, the club response was that there wasn't enough postage paid for the package so it got returned to them... sigh.

For an outfit that makes all the song-and-dance about the fans being so important, they are awfully lax about looking after us.
Kermit
John Ferguson

Post by Kermit »

fistinz wrote:
David wrote:

Same here.

Ooh, ooh - can I join your club too? I'm still waiting also and it's 3 years in a row now that I've had to wait until the new year for the pack to turn up after re-signing during the first week that the memberships are available. Last year, the club response was that there wasn't enough postage paid for the package so it got returned to them... sigh.

For an outfit that makes all the song-and-dance about the fans being so important, they are awfully lax about looking after us.
I may need a hug......but I'm thinking this will be my 5th and last year as a member. Looking after members doesn't seem real high on the priority list and I can think of more effective ways of spending the money.
Golden Boogs Winner 2006 - Best Newcomer
Golden Boogs Winner 2008 - Best Couple

"Nobody's looked better in the Lime Green except maybe Kermit the Frog..." - Reg Reagan.

"this is just Groundhog Day for the Raiders" (Laurie Daley 2/6/12 on 40-0 defeat to Wests)
mfraser09
Peter Jackson

Post by mfraser09 »

I finally got around to renewing my interstate membership yesterday. Bring on the 2013 year of the Raider!!!
100%green
Don Furner

2013 Memberships

Post by 100%green »

greeneyed wrote:Membership pack arrived today. My review: The packaging is so poor that the contents get badly scrunched. Sticker and all the paper all damaged (not that the other bits of paper matter). Cap is the poor quality of last year, not in terms of stitching problems, it is just so lightweight, it feels poor quality and doesn't sit well on the head. Honestly, it's so poor, they might as well not bother. I'll just have it for the collection. I'll be buying the coaches and media caps again instead to actually wear. The scarf is very good. The key ring is plastic, so won't be using it. Small badge with the pack, but I can't see that lasting long, given the pin mechanism. Honestly, I'd rather the club just gave us a good quality cap and scarf each year, and ditch the rest.

I can see that's a platinum membership, looks pretty good to me for the cost.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Did they spell your name right GE?!!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

100%green wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Membership pack arrived today. My review: The packaging is so poor that the contents get badly scrunched. Sticker and all the paper all damaged (not that the other bits of paper matter). Cap is the poor quality of last year, not in terms of stitching problems, it is just so lightweight, it feels poor quality and doesn't sit well on the head. Honestly, it's so poor, they might as well not bother. I'll just have it for the collection. I'll be buying the coaches and media caps again instead to actually wear. The scarf is very good. The key ring is plastic, so won't be using it. Small badge with the pack, but I can't see that lasting long, given the pin mechanism. Honestly, I'd rather the club just gave us a good quality cap and scarf each year, and ditch the rest.

Actually, that's the standard pack, I've not received anything in relation to a platinum pack, except the card says platinum.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I actually received my packs on Xmas eve at about 8pm. Don't know who delivered them but we went for an evening walk and they were magically at my door when we got home. I thought it was very bizarre. Don't mind the hat and I did notice another fine gentleman at the second day of the Sydney test sporting one as well.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2013 Memberships

Post by The Nickman »

Gerg wrote:I actually received my packs on Xmas eve at about 8pm. Don't know who delivered them but we went for an evening walk and they were magically at my door when we got home. I thought it was very bizarre. Don't mind the hat and I did notice another fine gentleman at the second day of the Sydney test sporting one as well.
Did you make out??
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Of course not, he had an unsightly beard. I was admiring the hat and his sophisticated taste in sporting teams.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2013 Memberships

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah I hate beards too
100%green
Don Furner

2013 Memberships

Post by 100%green »

greeneyed wrote:
100%green wrote:

Actually, that's the standard pack, I've not received anything in relation to a platinum pack, except the card says platinum.
Doubt the rest will be here till Feb I would say.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Got my membership pack today. I actually don't mind the cap. I'm a bit disappointed the scarf wasn't Old School though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Greenbits wrote:Got my membership pack today. I actually don't mind the cap. I'm a bit disappointed the scarf wasn't Old School though.
Is that a scarf?? I've been using it as a bar-mat!! :o
Poida_Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

2013 Memberships

Post by Poida_Raider »

I've only got a interstate membership. I actually don't mind the cap that much. The scarf would've been better with some tassley bits on the ends. But they must be expensive or something. The sticker could've been better. Last years big raider logo one was sweet as. Everything else is just what I expected really.

Who here buys a membership for the key ring and sticker?
I'd buy a membership if all you got was a good quality hat or a nice quality scarf and the member card! Couldn't care that much about pins and key rings or stickers, but they are novelty items I spose
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I dont get my membership for the pack, I get it because it shows my support for the club and just as important it is cheaper then buying tickets every game

I think the cap and the scarf (are you suppose to wear it or wave it? seemed a bit short to wear)is in the pack to use at the games and the pin/sticker and keyring are in there to "spread the word". People put the sticker on their car, keyring on their work/car/house keys and the pin somewhere and its free advertising. People see the raiders symbol around and think "ok that looks good" and may go cool I will go and check that out
Vaccinated
Shezza
Laurie Daley

2013 Memberships

Post by Shezza »

Do you always get a scarf with the interstate membership? I've been this type of member for years now and never got one.

Not that I really want one - just seems strange. They seem a bit disorganised if the stories on here are true.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I've never got one before, Shez. Last year I was Interstate and the year before I was Bronze or Sliver or something.
fistinz
Gary Coyne

Post by fistinz »

I think the last time a scarf was part the pack was '08 or '09, when the tin was also part of it - well, that was the last time I got one with an interstate.
Inbetween, they've had backpacks and bootbags from memory.

edit: still waiting for the pack to arrive...
"The Canberra Raiders have been informed this morning by their 2013 Membership pack provider that those members that subscribed to a Raiders membership on or before 15 November this year will receive their entitlements in the post by next Thursday December 13."
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

There was a green/blue striped scarf in the 2011 pack (the cooler/lunch bag)
Vanilla Bear
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by Vanilla Bear »

fistinz wrote:I think the last time a scarf was part the pack was '08 or '09, when the tin was also part of it - well, that was the last time I got one with an interstate.
Inbetween, they've had backpacks and bootbags from memory.

edit: still waiting for the pack to arrive...
"The Canberra Raiders have been informed this morning by their 2013 Membership pack provider that those members that subscribed to a Raiders membership on or before 15 November this year will receive their entitlements in the post by next Thursday December 13."
if you've been waiting since December 13th, have you contacted the club yet? seems like it's been lost in the mail.