2012 Rd 24 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Team p1*

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win between the Roosters and the Raiders?

Raiders 13+
56%
Raiders 1-12
32%
Draw
No votes
Roosters 1-12
4%
Roosters 13+
8%

Total votes: 25

Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2012 Rd 24 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by Please »

SubLime Green wrote:Also priced at $3.25 to make the Top 8.

Somehow Brisbane are priced at $5.25 to miss the finals. Considering their recent form, that isn't bad value. :o
That's a good multi...
Well, at least Jack got paid.
craigo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: josh papalli

2012 Rd 24 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by craigo »

The_Nickman wrote:Honestly, does Shillo train any more, or does he just spend all week doing media interviews and pumping out clichés??
I read that the nrl has asked all the teams to give the media more of there time for the last few weeks not sure if that's why we are hearing more from him or not.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

:lol: Harrison back on the 'injury' list.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tilse returns for Raiders

The inclusion of new father Dane Tilse is the only change for the Raiders Saturday night match against the Roosters, after his wife Katie gave birth to their first child Ila Rose Tilse on Monday evening.

After having to leave the morning before last weekend’s match Tilse returns this weekend and moves back into the starting front row for the Green Machine, with Sam Mataora moving to the interchange bench and Jarrad Kennedy dropping out of the 17 to become 18th man.

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs has resumed rehab running but won’t be available this weekend, with the prop looking to resume squad training next week ahead of the Friday night match against the Bulldogs.

Bronson Harrison ‘s return from injury has been short lived, with the back rower sustaining a facial injury against Newcastle playing for Mounties last weekend. Scans later today will confirm how long he’ll be out of action for.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V SYDNEY ROOSTERS
CANBERRA STADIUM
SATURDAY 18 AUGUST 2012, 5.30PM
1.       JOSH DUGAN
2.       SANDOR EARL
3.       JARROD CROKER
4.       BLAKE FERGUSON
5.       REECE ROBINSON
6.       JOSH McCRONE
7.       SAM WILLIAMS
8.       DAVID SHILLINGTON ©
9.       TRAVIS WADDELL
10.   DANE TILSE
11.   JOSH PAPALII
12.   JOEL THOMPSON
13.   SHAUN FENSOM
14.   SHAUN BERRIGAN
15.   JOE PICKER
16.   MARK NICHOLLS
17.   SAM MATAORA
18.   JARRAD KENNEDY

COACH: DAVID FURNER

Referees for this match will be Jason Robinson and Brett Suttor, sideline officials Dan Eastwood and Luke Phillips and video referee Paul Mellor.

Raiders Injury Ward:

HAYDON HODGE (Quad) Round 24 - 26
TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS (Hamstring) Round 24 - 26
BRONSON HARRISON (Face) Indefinite
TREVOR THURLING (Knee) Indefinite
JACK WIGHTON (Toe) Indefinite
MATT McILWRICK (Ankle) Season
BRETT WHITE (Knee) Season
TERRY CAMPESE (Knee) Season

Raiders media
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

As expected , it is good to get consistency
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

'Facial injury'...how appropriate.
jimmy82
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

Referee - Brett Suttor
= bad feeling about this game!!!
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Michael wrote::lol: Harrison back on the 'injury' list.
#BoneMcCrone
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote:
Ferg wrote:First time I've had a look at the remaining draw and we have a much easier run home when compared to the four teams we are competing against to get into the top 8 (Sharks, Wests, Broncos, Knights). For the first time in weeks, I think we may have a chance.

Unfortunately, I think we'll lose out on the top 8 due to our poor for and against.
I did the same thing the other day. The run home:
6th - Sharks - Bunnies, Storm, Cowboys - May not win another game???
7th - Broncos - Storm, Manly, Panthers - Should beat the Panthers, but if the spoon is on the line, who knows???
8th - Tigers - Dogs, Chooks, Storm - Should beat the Chooks, but they can be as inconsistant as us, so who knows???
9th - Knights - Manly, Cowboys, Bunnies - Thats gonna be tough, might not win another game???
10th - Raiders - Chooks, Dogs, Warriors - 1 game at a time, but its an easier draw than the rest with only 1 top 8 side... unfortunately they are 1st. With any luck they will be due a loss. So, cross everything! :P
I think if you just went with who wins based on their position on the ladder (which never works 100%), this is how it will pan out:

Shark will win none
Broncos will win one
Tigers will win one
Knights will win none
Raiders will win two

That would put us in equal 6th with Broncos and Tigers with for and against making us 8th unless we wollop the Roosters and/or Warriors.

Like I said, this WON'T happen, but we're by no means out of this one if we can play consistent footy...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2012 Rd 24 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Team p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 3. Tautau Moga 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Adam Henry 6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Jack Bosden 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Boyd Cordner

14. Nafe Seluini 15. Lama Tasi 16. Martin Kennedy 17. Brad Takairangi 18. Tinirau Arona
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The_Nickman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ferg wrote:First time I've had a look at the remaining draw and we have a much easier run home when compared to the four teams we are competing against to get into the top 8 (Sharks, Wests, Broncos, Knights). For the first time in weeks, I think we may have a chance.

Unfortunately, I think we'll lose out on the top 8 due to our poor for and against.
7th - Broncos - Storm, Manly, Panthers - Should beat the Panthers, but if the spoon is on the line, who knows???
8th - Tigers - Dogs, Chooks, Storm - Should beat the Chooks, but they can be as inconsistant as us, so who knows???
9th - Knights - Manly, Cowboys, Bunnies - Thats gonna be tough, might not win another game???
10th - Raiders - Chooks, Dogs, Warriors - 1 game at a time, but its an easier draw than the rest with only 1 top 8 side... unfortunately they are 1st. With any luck they will be due a loss. So, cross everything! :P
I think if you just went with who wins based on their position on the ladder (which never works 100%), this is how it will pan out:

Shark will win none
Broncos will win one
Tigers will win one
Knights will win none
Raiders will win two

That would put us in equal 6th with Broncos and Tigers with for and against making us 8th unless we wollop the Roosters and/or Warriors.

Like I said, this WON'T happen, but we're by no means out of this one if we can play consistent footy...
Your right, its NOT 100% fool proof, and I tend to agree with your suggested results, except for your maths. If the bronx and tigers only win 1 and we win 2, all 3 teams are on 28pts, and if the sharks win none, they are still on 27pts, therefore we make the 8 in 8ths with the Tigz and Bronx ahead of us unless as you say we thump the Chooks and Warriors. Thus we take the Sharks spot in the 8. :clap:

Id say that the Dogs are unbeatable, hence my hoping that they are due a loss when we play them. Cowboys and Bunnies look unbeatable too, although Manly got the Bunnies on Friday, which brings me to them...Did you hear they beat the Bunnies??? LOL This is the time in any season that the Storm come good, and they look like they are. We saw what the Panthers have to offer and the Chooks have to offer on Saturday, then the Warriors are on the slide. Anything could happen.

Bronx vs Panthers with the spoon on the line??? Makes things interesting :?
Tigers play the Chooks after us... they also bounce back after a beating, so heres hoping :thumbsup
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Frank Paul Nuuausala definitely missing a hyphen in there somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing the Sonny-Bill-Frank-Paul Tuivasa-Sheck-Kenny-Dowall-Waerea-Hargreaves combo at some stage next season.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Matt wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Shark will win none
Broncos will win one
Tigers will win one
Knights will win none
Raiders will win two

Your right, its NOT 100% fool proof, and I tend to agree with your suggested results, except for your maths. If the bronx and tigers only win 1 and we win 2, all 3 teams are on 28pts, and if the sharks win none, they are still on 27pts, therefore we make the 8 in 8ths with the Tigz and Bronx ahead of us unless as you say we thump the Chooks and Warriors. Thus we take the Sharks spot in the 8. :clap:

Id say that the Dogs are unbeatable, hence my hoping that they are due a loss when we play them. Cowboys and Bunnies look unbeatable too, although Manly got the Bunnies on Friday, which brings me to them...Did you hear they beat the Bunnies??? LOL This is the time in any season that the Storm come good, and they look like they are. We saw what the Panthers have to offer and the Chooks have to offer on Saturday, then the Warriors are on the slide. Anything could happen.

Tigers play the Chooks after us... they also bounce back after a beating, so heres hoping :thumbsup
The dogs are going well, but to be honest I think they are one of the most beatable front runners we have seen in years.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Seriously if we dont beat that mob we shouldnt be near the finals.
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

We probably shouldn't be anywhere near the finals whether we beat the Chooks or not. :lol:

I'll happily take 8th spot if we can get there though. Anything can happen in the finals. :thumbsup
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Assistant coach Andrew McFadden talks about the Canberra Raiders team to take on the Roosters

Click here or here
mongoose
Glenn Lazarus

Post by mongoose »

Hopefully we see plenty of grubbers from McCrone and Williams into space behind Minichiello. He cannot handle the low balls anymore.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tiny bub 'best thing that ever happened' to giant Tilse

Yesterday he held his 3.6-kilogram, 49-centimetre newborn daughter Ila in the palm of his hand, but this Saturday Raiders giant Dane Tilse will be asked to add extra muscle to Canberra's forward pack in a late finals push. ''I thought in that first 20 minutes [against the Panthers] we got outmuscled on the ground,'' Furner said. ''The previous week against the Broncos Tilsey was outstanding … especially after the good news with the new baby girl he'd have his chest out and looking for a big game. Him being fresh is only going to help our forward pack.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 2472l.html
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

its good that we get the 5.30 game because it means we get to the the toyota cup AGAIN! it amazes me how many raiders toyota cup games have been shown on foxtel this year. i think weve only missed out on about 3 games all year, amazing.... guess it makes up for the lack of free to air games we get.

with regards to the 1st grade game this is one we SHOULD win , and win comfortably.... whether we do is another issue :nooo
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

Lucky wrote:its good that we get the 5.30 game because it means we get to the the toyota cup AGAIN! it amazes me how many raiders toyota cup games have been shown on foxtel this year. i think weve only missed out on about 3 games all year, amazing.... guess it makes up for the lack of free to air games we get.

with regards to the 1st grade game this is one we SHOULD win , and win comfortably.... whether we do is another issue :nooo
First year I have shelled out and got Fox, and I have to say we get an amazing deal from them. :thumbsup

Loved watching our juniors to build the excitement up for the First Grade.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

It has been great watching the NYC this year. Exciting footy and always great to see a raiders team doing well. I wish they had a shorter gap between that and first grade as the crowd at the ground is often small for that reason and they deserve more support.

The Chooks have plenty of quality players in their team who can tear it up on their day... We need to make sure it isn't their day
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote:
The_Nickman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Shark will win none
Broncos will win one
Tigers will win one
Knights will win none
Raiders will win two

I'm rereading what I wrote and I'm pretty sure I said that would make us 8th, so not sure how you disagree with my maths??

And I agree with Seiffart, I think the Dogs are easily beatable, and given our record against top 4 teams I say we can do it. It's the Roosters game got me all nervous...
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

going blind, you did write 8th, i read 9th, no idea why
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Well either way I think we definitely hold our destiny in our own hands. C'mon Raiders!!
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

We've showed we can win ugly the last two weeks, if the boys are serious about making the finals then we should show up and perform better than last week. My mate from work won't let me hear the end of it if we lose to the Roosters.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hey guys, did you know that if every favourite wins on the weekend we will be equal 7th (9th on for and against most likely) and one point behind the Sharks in 6th??

Of course, there hasn't been a round yet this season where every favourite has won, but just sayin'...
ferguson2012
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: all of the team

Post by ferguson2012 »

Raiders fans must pack the stadium over the next two weeks.. dig deep and do your part for the team
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Come'on favorites!!!
and come'on fans! Pack Bruce's stands!!!
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

If we cant get a decent crowd this week then i'll give it away, possibility of 3 in a row which is big for us lol.
cant wait for two night home games in a row that arent mondays!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Congratulations to the Tilse family on the birth of their daughter. That is a long labour these days, 38 hours. Good to hear that all are well. 'Another little Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi'

Whilst the young blokes did the job against the Panthers, DT is in good form and it will be good to have him back against the Chooks.

I thought Shillo's comments are some of his most focused as Captain. Concentrate all the boys on this weekend. Nothing else matters. The future will take care of itself if they do the business first this weekend and then the next and then the next. Rep standard performances from the Captain each week will also greatly assist the Raiders. We know he has it in him, we just have to see it produced each week. He seems to go better the longer he is out there so I am hoping he gets 50+ minutes this week. Lead by example Shillo. Same as last week.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote:Congratulations to the Tilse family on the birth of their daughter. That is a long labour these days, 38 hours. Good to hear that all are well. 'Another little Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi'

Whilst the young blokes did the job against the Panthers, DT is in good form and it will be good to have him back against the Chooks.

I thought Shillo's comments are some of his most focused as Captain. Concentrate all the boys on this weekend. Nothing else matters. The future will take care of itself if they do the business first this weekend and then the next and then the next. Rep standard performances from the Captain each week will also greatly assist the Raiders. We know he has it in him, we just have to see it produced each week. He seems to go better the longer he is out there so I am hoping he gets 50+ minutes this week. Lead by example Shillo. Same as last week.
Pretty sure Shillo has been playing 50+ mins all year, with a game high 70 odd against the Chooks after we lost Dugan, Thurling and Fensom just before halftime. I agree though, the longer his minutes, the better his quality of production.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

i got $50 on Tilse to make 100 metres in his first 20 minute stint!
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Regs Revolution wrote:i got $50 on Tilse to make 100 metres in his first 20 minute stint!
What sort of odds did u get on that??? I cant see the big fella making a 50+m break to get you there. Even if he does, unless its the run that gets him to 100m, he will prob'ly be pulled coz he is knackered from the run. Love the optimism though :D
DJ89
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by DJ89 »

Matt wrote:
Regs Revolution wrote:i got $50 on Tilse to make 100 metres in his first 20 minute stint!
What sort of odds did u get on that??? I cant see the big fella making a 50+m break to get you there. Even if he does, unless its the run that gets him to 100m, he will prob'ly be pulled coz he is knackered from the run. Love the optimism though :D
Where did you get those odds? :lol:
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I'd love to be at the stadium on Saturday but can't make it... I am however pleased to actually be able to have the night off work watch the game at home for a change.