Re: Better days

Post by Raider Crusader »

:cry:
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Got any screenshots from the 08 season? The year where there was a huge hype over the raiders because of the promising young talent we had... things looked positive, 3 years later, we got the same team full of young talent but can amazingly only win 3 out of 14 games... :thumbsdown
Whenever I get depressed at how bad our team s going this year I think back to that 74-12 defeat of the panthers, doubt that will ever happen again...
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

bleeding green
Brett Mullins

Post by bleeding green »

Oh man, what I would give up (or should that be who I'd give up) to be able to return to some of those happier days.
Raider Crusader
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Stone Cold

Post by Raider Crusader »

I love the Elmo gloves that the little guy is wearing!
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

The end of 2010 was the best memory for me being a Raiders fan. Was too young to remember our premierships. 26,000 crowd, whole city behind the team, was really the only thing spoken about around Canberra, a team in the greatest form I had ever seen them. Really, everything was just perfect until Campese did that one awkward turn. And since then it has all been downhill. :cry:
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Raider47 wrote:The end of 2010 was the best memory for me being a Raiders fan. Was too young to remember our premierships. 26,000 crowd, whole city behind the team, was really the only thing spoken about around Canberra, a team in the greatest form I had ever seen them. Really, everything was just perfect until Campese did that one awkward turn. And since then it has all been downhill. :cry:
x2, I was at that game and it was a terrible feeling even though we had just crossed for a try.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

late last year was unbelievable... if only campo did do his knee, ****.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Green_Hammock wrote:
Raider47 wrote:The end of 2010 was the best memory for me being a Raiders fan. Was too young to remember our premierships. 26,000 crowd, whole city behind the team, was really the only thing spoken about around Canberra, a team in the greatest form I had ever seen them. Really, everything was just perfect until Campese did that one awkward turn. And since then it has all been downhill. :cry:
x2, I was at that game and it was a terrible feeling even though we had just crossed for a try.

like wise , there was an eerie silence around the ground.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

I don't know if this link will work... but it's the 74-12 drubbing of Penrith in 08:

http://www.nrl.com/Video/tabid/10959/Default.aspx
*Loz*
Brett Mullins

Post by *Loz* »

La Sigh....
Raiders Member #3044
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Who's the guy with the curly hair, laughing obliviously as the fence falls behinds him with the crowd of supporters crashing down? lol Curious to know if he's a member of this forum....
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

Thank you Radier47 i needed this

I miss campo :cry:
theRads
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

"seen better days, put my face in hands, get down on my knees and I pray to god, hope he sees me through till the end"
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

Looking through those threads circa September... Around page 20. Good times... :cry:

http://thegreenhouseact.com.au/forum/vi ... start=1000
RSK
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo.

Post by RSK »

Green_Hammock wrote:
x3. As someone to young for the premierships to have any real meaning, last years run was my top Raiders moment. The Penrith semi was amazing.
The world appears in shades of green.
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

RSK wrote:
Green_Hammock wrote:
x3. As someone to young for the premierships to have any real meaning, last years run was my top Raiders moment. The Penrith semi was amazing.
That Panthers game was the best Raiders match I have ever been involved with. Hundreds in green just flooded behind those goals, the team warmed up right in front of us, banners everywhere, confetti, flags. Then after the game. For up to 20 minutes, all I remember is complete ecstasy. Then the fence collapsed. The drive home to Canberra: seeing so many Raiders fans at 1:00 am at the Sutton Forest McDonalds. :lol:

That fortnight from after the Broncos match until the Tigers game was an amazing time to be a Canberra fan.
matthew wood
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Bronson Harrison

Toots Croker 2nd

Post by matthew wood »

The good news is that things can turn around very quickly in the modern game from season to season.

Next year we will be back to normal written off and with no expectations.

Hopefully Harrison and Shillo get no rep honours, have a good break and we can have our whole squad together for a tough pre-season for the first time in a few seasons. Furner needs to toughen things up our starts to the season have been terrible.

As rubbish as we have been just think two golden point games we win them instead of losing them we are on 12 points somehow...

This team has the ability which is what makes it so tough to watch
1 August 2009 - 56 reasons to be a Raiders fan - 0 to be a Bronco.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Lots of photos of campo there, where has he been this year? Needs to step up his game, practically non existant, not good enough for our captain, key half and #1 play maker