Official crowd is...

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Official crowd is...

Post by Crusader »

can someone please update this thread once they know, so far iv heard on 2gb 19000, thats was this morning
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Official crowd is...............

Post by Ruben Daley »

19K? Seriously? That's awesome. You'd have to think we'll get the extra six thousand by Friday night.
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I believe there is 24000 tickets sold which i saw posted in another thread
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

Time to get extra seating and smash that Brumbies' record.
Foxhound
Brett Mullins

Post by Foxhound »

bring on the temp seating. Surely???
2008 Golden Boogs Nominee - Most Underrated Poster
2008 Golden Boogs WINNER - Best Thread Of The Year
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Raidersrawesome wrote:I believe there is 24000 tickets sold which i saw posted in another thread
Not too shabby, considering our average Finals crowd at Bruce is only 14670. Our home record crowd (which we should give a serious shake to) is 25253 was against Western Suburbs, and was before the Eastern Grandstand was erected.
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Official crowd is...............the 24000 mark sofar

Post by Crusader »

24000 mark, nice nice, this is the biggest game iv ever seen canberra in.
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

They will be hanging from the rafters on Friday night :D
shuuraider
Brett Mullins

Post by shuuraider »

My ticket is number 25009 sold. u can see this in the bottom right hand corner of ur ticket where it says "pax".
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

thickos wrote:They will be hanging from the rafters on Friday night :D
Like the IPL.. on the roof, on the scoreboard, on that big advert board :P
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

My mate just got one, $30
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Someone said in another thread that their PAX was 25009, which is epic :clap:
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Record crowd for Raiders semi-final

Green machine fever: Raiders fans have snapped up 26,500 tickets for Friday night's semi-final against the West Tigers.

Green machine fever is spreading in Canberra, with the NRL semi-final between the Raiders and West Tigers set to be played in front of a record crowd on Friday.

More than 26,500 tickets have been sold for the sudden death clash, making it the biggest crowd for an NRL game at Canberra Stadium.

Tickets for seats were snapped up quickly this morning, with the NRL then releasing 2,000 standing room only tickets just before lunch time. There are now only a few hundred of those tickets left.

The previous crowd record for an NRL game in Canberra was set in 1994 when 25,253 gathered for Mal Meninga's final game.

The biggest crowd for any sporting event at Canberra Stadium took place in 2004 when temporary stands were added to accommodate 28,753 spectators for the Super 12 clash between the Brumbies and Crusaders.

Neil Gutherie from Canberra Stadium says there are no plans to add extra seating for Friday night's semi-final.

Meanwhile raiders co-captain Alan Tongue has been named on the bench after recovering from a calf injury.

Coach David Furner is keeping his starting side the same with Travis Waddel becoming 18th man to accommodate Tongue.

www.abc.net.au

Woohoo Canberra and the Raiders doing the NRL outside Sydney proud
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

This is amazing.

I remember Mal's last game well. It was spectacular but we were always going to smash the Magpies. This game has so much more riding on it that the atmosphere will be one of the best ever.

They let kids sit inside the fence for Mal's game. I doubt they'll do that this time but it was pretty awesome to see a couple of hundred kids sitting inside the perimeter of the playing arena just metres from the field. I don't suppose OH&S would allow that nowadays.

Does anyone know how many Tigers fans we can expect?
SubLime Green
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by SubLime Green »

BJ wrote:Neil Gutherie from Canberra Stadium says there are no plans to add extra seating for Friday night's semi-final
:(
Go_Greenm@chine
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Go_Greenm@chine »

Ruben Daley wrote:They let kids sit inside the fence for Mal's game. I doubt they'll do that this time but it was pretty awesome to see a couple of hundred kids sitting inside the perimeter of the playing arena just metres from the field. I don't suppose OH&S would allow that nowadays.
Yes I was one of those kids - I remember doing it another time when we played St George in front of a packed house - great memories :)
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Lahrio wrote:
BJ wrote:Neil Gutherie from Canberra Stadium says there are no plans to add extra seating for Friday night's semi-final
Does that mean it's a CS decision, the Raiders and NRL have no say?

* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Ruben Daley wrote:This is amazing.

I remember Mal's last game well. It was spectacular but we were always going to smash the Magpies. This game has so much more riding on it that the atmosphere will be one of the best ever.

They let kids sit inside the fence for Mal's game. I doubt they'll do that this time but it was pretty awesome to see a couple of hundred kids sitting inside the perimeter of the playing arena just metres from the field. I don't suppose OH&S would allow that nowadays.

Does anyone know how many Tigers fans we can expect?
5-10k im guessing..
Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Official crowd is...............

Post by Wiggy »

Lahrio wrote:
But can we change his mind?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wiggy wrote:
Lahrio wrote:
But can we change his mind?
bribe...

we could get 30,000 if they put up the extra seating
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Fridays forecast ... fine low of 2 and a high of 15
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson

Post by Ruben Daley »

Go_Greenm@chine wrote:
Ruben Daley wrote:They let kids sit inside the fence for Mal's game. I doubt they'll do that this time but it was pretty awesome to see a couple of hundred kids sitting inside the perimeter of the playing arena just metres from the field. I don't suppose OH&S would allow that nowadays.
Yes I was one of those kids - I remember doing it another time when we played St George in front of a packed house - great memories :)
That must have been awesome.

It's a shame a lot of the fun things have been canned because of safety reasons. Kids sitting on the field, half-time games catching footballs in milk crates...
Go_Greenm@chine
Alan Tongue

Ruben Daley wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

It's a shame a lot of the fun things have been canned because of safety reasons. Kids sitting on the field, half-time games catching footballs in milk crates...
THAT WAS BRUTAL :evil:

I wonder how that poor punter pulled up after the surgery?
fulivai
David Grant

Post by fulivai »

This is going to be huge, god I hope we get the result. it would well and trul;y put league back on the map in Canberra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-861GbaNxA

This was the game the ground record was set before Mals last game.
The old Bruce was less spectator friendly but god the atmosphere was electric on the big occasions.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Does CS have a facebook?
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Go_Greenm@chine wrote:
Ruben Daley wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

Wasnt he trying to sue the club?
Go_Greenm@chine
Alan Tongue

Makaveli wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:
Ruben Daley wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

Wasnt he trying to sue the club?
I did hear the same thing, not sure how that all went. Hopefully he didn't end up too hideously deformed - maybe he's here somewhere? Milk crate face-smash dude - where are you???
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

100%green wrote:Does CS have a facebook?
There is the premier review...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pag ... 845?ref=ts
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Ruben Daley wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

How funny was it the other night at CUA when the big Football came out. The two blokes running at it full tilt, you knew someone would get hurt. One bloke seriously went flying back 2 or 3 metres, was a beautiful thing to watch :)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Having been to both that final home game for Meninga and that Brumbies final :opps I can safely predict the crowd on Friday night will be about 10 times louder than that record crowd for the Super whateveritwas game.

I find it quite bizarre that our home crowd vs Penrith in rd 22 got less than 9,000 given what has happened with this game, but there you go 'eh.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Seiffert82 wrote:Having been to both that final home game for Meninga and that Brumbies final :opps I can safely predict the crowd on Friday night will be about 10 times louder than that record crowd for the Super whateveritwas game.

I find it quite bizarre that our home crowd vs Penrith in rd 22 got less than 9,000 given what has happened with this game, but there you go 'eh.
its our only final here..

you would expect it to be more popular than 1/12 chances to see the game
Go_Greenm@chine
Alan Tongue

Seiffert82 wrote:Having been to both that final home game for Meninga and that Brumbies final :opps I can safely predict the crowd on Friday night will be about 10 times louder than that record crowd for the Super whateveritwas game.

I can remember how loud that small crowd was that night - it sounded like there were 18,000 there by the time the boys had run their lead down!

I can't imagine what this is going to be like on Friday :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Tim W wrote:

its our only final here..

you would expect it to be more popular than 1/12 chances to see the game
I understand why this game has sold out. I was just disappointed that we got less than 10,000 to a game vs the 2nd placed team during our run home to the finals.

Doesn't really worry me. I just hope the people who missed out on finals tickets make an effort next year to see the same team run around kicking **** in the regular season.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

I can remember how loud that small crowd was that night - it sounded like there were 18,000 there by the time the boys had run their lead down!

Exactly. Can you imagine multiplying that by 3!! Having said that, the 9,000 who attended that game were the hard core fans. ;)
Go_Greenm@chine
Alan Tongue

Seiffert82 wrote:
Go_Greenm@chine wrote:

Exactly. Can you imagine multiplying that by 3!! Having said that, the 9,000 who attended that game were the hard core fans. ;)
Yes indeed it was a night for the pure of heart - and everyone there did a great job! Raiders fans are THE best fans - I've become more convinced of that than anything else this season! Here's a shout out to y'all!!!!!