Gameday or day before travel?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Gameday or day before travel?

Post by -TW- »

I'm interested to know why we traveled up the night before instead of leaving here Saturday morning..

We traveled up on game day under Henry (mostly by bus too) and our performances were extremely good if not taking the points..

I'd say theres a lot to be added by being able to get psyched up in familiar surrounds, with family and friends etc then spending the night in a motel when theres no need (Qld, NZ and Melb excluded)

Thoughts
Aero
Laurie Daley

Re: Gameday or Day Before Travel?

Post by Aero »

hmmm if the raiders management organised a bus (or buses) to take some fans from canberra to and from the sydney games, to help support the team and cheer em on etc.. would that help the team? would much ppl be interested in taking up such offeres?

I know some of you's already organise lil road trips amongst your selves.. but would Raiders management backed/funded/organised road trip be worth it?

Edit: Sorry if the post is off topic, but your question just got me thinking...
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Re: Gameday or day before travel?

Post by mick63 »

I remember reading earlier this year that they were reverting to travelling up on gameday by bus.
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Re: Gameday or Day Before Travel?

Post by Sasha »

Aero wrote:hmmm if the raiders management organised a bus (or buses) to take some fans from canberra to and from the sydney games, to help support the team and cheer em on etc.. would that help the team? would much ppl be interested in taking up such offeres?

I know some of you's already organise lil road trips amongst your selves.. but would Raiders management backed/funded/organised road trip be worth it?

Edit: Sorry if the post is off topic, but your question just got me thinking...
When we went up to see the Raiders get beaten 52-4 (after leading 4-0) Neil Henry suggested the players should cover our expenses :lol:
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

mick63 wrote:I remember reading earlier this year that they were reverting to travelling up on gameday by bus.
during the week, furner said they'll try travelling the day before. Not sure if it's just for this weekend...
2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

I think they should watch Apocalypto when travelling up. We've won 100% of Away games where the side watched Apocalypto on the bus.

Perhaps they could extend it to some other Mel Gibson-directed films. Braveheart would fire the team up before the game, and who knows what The Passion Of The Christ could do!
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I like the idea of the Raiders or perhaps the Tradies organising buses to go up to the games. It would be cool for the team to swing by the Tradies on the way to sydney and watch a nice contingent of fans board similar buses up to the games. A regular supporters and team road trip.

I personally don't like the idea of staying over night before a game. Even if it is in qld. The flight is at most 2.5 hrs to NQ and because most games are evening games it would not be difficult to fly up say 9am in the morning and get to the game on time.

The only O/N I think is warranted is New Zealand.

I would imagine for guys like tongue and TLL and Campo and others with wives and Children being able to spend Friday nights at home instead of in a hotel would be good for their mental health.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Bipolar Bear wrote:I think they should watch Apocalypto when travelling up. We've won 100% of Away games where the side watched Apocalypto on the bus.

Perhaps they could extend it to some other Mel Gibson-directed films. Braveheart would fire the team up before the game, and who knows what The Passion Of The Christ could do!
They've also had success when watching Any Given Sunday. I think it's 100% also
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The club has tried organising buses in the past, and no one has got on board them. KW even struggles after a loss to fill a bus up. If people want the club to organise buses, they have to actually purchase tickets on it...